Alder

Alder Employee Reviews

Alder insights

What people like
  • Ability to learn new things
Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Overall satisfaction

No job security

Pay would often get messed up, always under paid based on your sales. If you don’t stay on top of the complicated commission structure, you will be shorted money almost every check.

Pros

Office is amazing

Cons

Not stable, paycheck problems

Fun Place

It's a fun place to work and I love the people I work with! The environment here is relaxed but also professional! There are some bad calls because that's just how it is but the good calls with the nice and sweet customer out weigh that every time!

Worked here a year

Alder is a good company that is growing quickly. There is a lot of opportunity to contribute to the growth and be a meaningful member of the team. They don't have traditional perks but do offer a free cross-fit gym, snowmobiles, 4-wheelers, and a Top Golf pass. Mostly these perks are used for recruiting purposes but you are able to use them if they're available.

Pros

Friday lunch, cross fit gym, good management, growing fast, casual environment

Cons

No health care

Work Hard, -Make as much as you want.

Alder is a Alarm company in Orem Utah. Great environment. You will work with college kids in a social place. There are opportunities for advancement as long as you show that you are wanting it and willing to work for it.

Pros

Free lunch Friday

Cons

NO Benefits

Very driven team that new how to keep a solid motivation behind everyone.

I loved that it was all about how hard you worked and the network you were willing to establish. I ended up managing my second summer, because my manager taught me everything he knew. They knew how to perfectly balance the fun and rewards, along with hard work and it payed off. Hardest part is just not getting down after being rejected so many times, but at the same time thats one of the best because you get to find out how tough you can be.

Pros

Hard work pays off, great friends, the lessons that you learn

Cons

N/a

Care to share?

Help people considering your employer. Share your experience.

Fast paced culture with a lot of traveling, yet good compensation

Meet new people in their homes, learn social skills and customer service. Travel a lot and adapt to different cultures and demands of being on road and out of town. Intelligent people managing with ambitious co-workers in a very fast paced and motivated culture. Keeping a cool head and maintaining customer service while being rushed and under pressure to produce speed with quality in your installs. Love going new places and meeting new people every day.

Pros

Visit different states and meet people from different cultures

Cons

fast paced, high over-head and a little bit grimy industry standards...

It's not what I expected

Working on the call floor was always something new. I enjoyed working with the other call center agents. The floor managers are very nice and helpful. As for the CEO and the executives I don't have much to say about

Pros

Friday free lunches

Cons

Lots of distracting events during work hours

Hardworking yet very rewarding environment

We would start each work day at 12 PM with a meeting about the plans for the day. After this we would leave to the area we would be knocking in that day. From 2PM till dark we would be knocking on doors and working in peoples homes helping them see the value in a security system. The hardest part about this job, was the physical, mental, and emotional strength it took, to keep working to find that one yes, even if it meant hearing a hundred no's.

Pros

Good pay

Cons

No breaks

Wonderful place to work

This is a fast paced environment because it is a Sales Company with a great product. If you work here, it is important to stay on top of the game. We are one big Support team for those in the office and in the field. Every department works together to make sure everything functions properly. The Co-workers are fantastic. It is easy to change from one team to another as we have a great sense of Team Work. I only left, as my husband transferred.

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Alder?

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Alder. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Alder
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?