ALDI Employee Reviews

Found 2,697 reviews matching the search See all 4,653 reviews
backbreaking work for pay that is barely above min wage
Stocker/Cashier (Current Employee) –  MichiganDecember 8, 2018
Aldi pays a little higher than average retail jobs, but the work is literally backbreaking. If you ring as a cashier it can be worth it, but if you are throwing truck you are literally selling your back to the company.
Alright place to work
Freeze and thaw (Current Employee) –  Webberville, MIDecember 7, 2018
I’ve been here a week, and it’s vert high demand, never know when you can leave, sleep deprived,long drive,sometimes short or very very long hours. If you’re too tired like falling asleep while driving a tugger and afraid you might fall asleep while driving home they do not care one bit.
Pros
Driving a tugger, pay is alright
Cons
Bad benefits, snitch co-workers, scheduleing is goofy.
It's still the same
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Olathe, KSDecember 6, 2018
I have returned only to grocery shop and each time I enter the store(s) I remember why I made the gutsy decision to provide 2 weeks notice and vow never to work for this company again. It was almost 2 years of slave work. My fellow employees were the highlight of my work day. If you have a degree like I do stay away. If you only have a high school diploma stay in school. Corporate talked a big game and had too many rules and your hard work will never be enough. At first, you will feel like you are making a difference but after awhile you will have realized you bought into their doctrine, which is subjective and that was the word the district manager told me as to why there was a delay in promoting me. I'm sorry but if every one of your co-workers wonders why you haven't been promoted and even your store manager states there aren't any issues and secretly advises they don't see why you haven't been promoted and then when you get promoted and corporate "forgets" to increase your hourly pay per hour. No thanks, I was done playing their game.
Pros
Co-workers
Cons
Corporate management, workplace culture, favoritism, low pay
Aldi is fast paced job. Staff is family type atmosphere. I
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Valparaiso, INDecember 6, 2018
I worked for Aldi for 25 years . It offered me job security. I grew with the company. I was offered other positions, but I was satisfied with being a store manager. The company provided me with a comfortable living. I was able to take multiple vacations. I had the opportunity to work with multiple district managers who went on to become directors. Four of the became vice presidents (regional managers). I feel that they learned a lot about the business from me and I learned from them. I was able to see multiple employees get promoted under my watch. I am extremely proud of the ones who were promoted to store manager. I led by example. I never asked my employees to do something that I couldn't do. I believed that in order to get respect that you have to give respect. I gave more than 100% during my tenure. It was a privilege to work for Aldi. At one time, my store was the number one store in my region (3 years)
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Longer than expected hours
Quick Paced & stressful
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Madison, OHDecember 5, 2018
Aldi is an excellent place to work if your young and agile, Not such a great place to work if you have some orthopedic issues. The company demands a lot.
Good place to work.
Assistant manager (Former Employee) –  Greencastle, INDecember 4, 2018
It is a great place to work. Would love to return if one was around where I lived. Wonderful atmosphere. Management was attentive to the employees. Always listened to our suggestions.
Great benefits
Cashier (Former Employee) –  McHenry, ILDecember 3, 2018
The benefits and pay were great while working at Aldi. Unfortunately, I decided to leave the company due to management. The manager did a great job, but would sometimes belittle the employees in front of customers.
Ideally great, Realistically poorly executed
Associate (Former Employee) –  Camp Springs, MDDecember 3, 2018
I do not recommend working here. It is physically and mentally exhausting. The management was poor and manipulative. I could never recommend working somewhere one's livelihood is manipulated, treated inhumanly, and without respect.
Benefits
Cons
No discounts, A lot of rules, Promotions are RARE and few
Busy at all times
Part-time Associate (Current Employee) –  Cortland, NYDecember 2, 2018
There is a lot to do every shift and you are only working with 4 or 5 people per shift. It is an enjoyable workplace and if you are full time the benefits included are good.
Fun and fast paced environment
Store Associate (Former Employee) –  North Miami Beach, FLDecember 2, 2018
Restocking empty shelves, organizing store. Providing customer service while being an efficient worker. What made the job fun was the fact that there was always something that needed to be done. I enjoy moving at a fast pace, this job was perfect for that.
Pros
Professional environment
stressful
Cash Associate (Current Employee) –  Boardman, OHDecember 1, 2018
The management is very unorganized and unbalances. The store is poorly organized and the new employees were not trained good enough to work at the needed fast pace.It is just very unorganized and discombobulated which makes for a stressful work environment. Almost no one does what they are supposed to do.
Horrible work/life balance, no support system in place
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PADecember 1, 2018
I would not recommend working at ALDI. As a store manager, your district manager will constantly blame and belittle you for problems that are beyond your control. You cannot defend yourself without getting screamed at. Company policies are put in front of employee safety and employee/customer satisfaction.
It is very hard to succeed at ALDI.
Cons
too many hours, unfair compensation
Productive fun workplace to work.
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Moreno Valley, CADecember 1, 2018
I've been working at aldi for 3 years and the work environment was comfortable and the people were all professional. I would recommend working for aldi.
Stressful but rewarding
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  IndianaNovember 30, 2018
fast paced, stressful, erratic scheduling, not much consistency or work life balance.
able to work from the bottom to the top
good job security if you do a good job
fast-paced environment but pay is very good
Associate (Current Employee) –  Monticello, MNNovember 30, 2018
For a part-time employee the pay is great. Management is good, and if you are sick and call out there is usually someone who can take your place or who will switch shifts with you.

It is a physically demanding job. All employees help with stocking and keeping the store neat and clean. Every shift starts with a 3 hour stocking session before the store opens. This requires the use of pallet jacks to move full pallets of product around the store, often moving and stocking heavy boxes full of cans, bottles, etc.

There is always a lot of work to do and time is always limited, but everyone pitches in and works together.
Pros
great starting pay, good people, nice managers and district managers
Cons
no benefits for part-time associates, fast paced atmosphere, physically demanding work
A fast-paced employer which thrives on efficient highly capable employees
Store Associate (Current Employee) –  Cary, NCNovember 30, 2018
Aldi is a great employer for people with great energy who prefer a fast-paced work environment. Chances of getting bored are near impossible. The company has a great culture where they treat you well since they ask for much from employees. Many people have grown into upper management in little under a year.

If you are in good physical shape and great with people you well excel. That being said it is not for everyone. if you find difficulty with physical labor and customer service, you may wish to reconsider working for Aldi's
Pros
Benefits, Pay, Career Growth
Cons
Hours not very flexible, Demanding Physically
Fast-paced environment
STORE ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCNovember 30, 2018
This fast paced environment has strengthened my time management skills, allowed me to stay physically active and provided me with ample opportunities to collaborate with my fellow associates. Expectations are high, and contrary to popular belief- we do more than sit and ring all day.
Pros
physical activity, healthcare, team work
Cons
stressful, high expectations
Great Place to Work
Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Moreno Valley, CANovember 29, 2018
Great Flexibility and Work-Life Balance. I think the people hired make an excellent team! Everyone has their strengths and weakness and collaboratively we make an awesome team! If you're looking for great pay and great people you've this is an excellent company to work for!
Pros
Love our Monthly Celberation
Cons
Would like to see more external activiites
Good place to work but poor management
Associate (Former Employee) –  Angola, INNovember 29, 2018
When I worked at Aldi it was fast pace. You were always on the go and the pay fit the job well, but I feel if they would have stopped to help out a little better then I would probably still be working there.
Pros
Friendly people
Productive and fun work place with other employees.
CSR (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNNovember 29, 2018
Arriving everyday at work I would greet customers and employees as I enter the door to go into the break room to put my belongings away. I would be primary cashier, stock front counter area, keep front area clean and also maintain a balanced cash drawer daily. I learned to move fast, multi-task, and become friendly with customers I see on a daily basis. This job was very fun because you also meet people visiting from around the world because we were located very close to Elvis Presley's Graceland.
Pros
Paid Day Off
Cons
Short breaks with long work days

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ALDI. Our community is ready to answer.

51.1K
41.4K
31.2K

See reviews about

Women's ratings

3.0Fairygodboss Score

0%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

50%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss