ALDI
58Below average

ALDI Employee Reviews

Found 4,675 reviews matching the search
Featured review
ALDI selected this as a representative review
one of the most fun company’s to work for! They are a big family and something I really liked about this job was the varieties of different activities there is to do in a day. It helped me feel accomplished and always busy! ALDI is never really slow so when it is ...it’s fun to see the store empty at times! I think this company treated me wonderful and I have no complaints.
Cons
Constantly busy and you have to keep up with the pace.
At first you are pumped because your day is go, go, go and then you realize that that never ends. Managers openly play favorites and when interviewed the D.M. at the time literally warned me to not kill myself because the job pays by scale, not efforts given. In the year that I worked there, I was off 3x for physical injuries from the job and this is common. There were positives like the regular customers who actually cared, but overall terrible experience.
Pros
Regular customers
Cons
Hours, labor and overall feeling unappreciated.
Aldi is a great company to grow and gain experience. However, it is not a job for you if you have a family. No work- life balance. The hours are not flexible
Pros
Wages, growth
Cons
No work- life balance
It was okay at first then there's a glass ceiling. Great pay at first when your young then the older you get you feel stuck. It's a good job for a little bit.
Pros
Okay pay
Cons
No growth
Your experience matters.
Help out others considering your employer. Rate your employer.
I absolutely loved working here. It had the best working environment and I loved the customers. The management was so chill and make work more fun. No one ever got mad at staff for not understanding something. They always helped you through. I wish I could be hired again here!
Pros
Great breaks and staff
I liked working here. They good peoples. The one that has been working with me some time when we are working with them on the phone of logs that are working out
Pros
Laid back
Cons
It’s cold in the freezer
Not my favorite Job but I work as if I work for God not for man. It’s a good place to learn discipline and to overall grow in a tea fam environment, if you are not interested in selfish desires but the betterment of others it is a good start. Always have a next step, because ALDI might not be permanent.
Time goes by super fast since u always have a fast moving task to do and its usually busy.Pay is not horrible but could be better. Everyone hired is usually super fun to work with and hard working
Benefits
Cons
Pay
The work isn’t hard just tedious for the amount they are paying in my options is not enough. Everyone has to do everything no one have a specific job.
Great job but also demanding. Can be very physical and fast paced. You don't just sit and scan as you might think. Fun good environment with the right crew. Great benefits.
Pros
Benefits, Pay, Advancement.
Aldi as a job can be good unfortunately very unrealistic goals. As a store manager on average you get 45-50 hrs a day to run your store with you being 10 hrs of that but you usually work 12-14hr.You do not get support from your District Manager who has only worked in a store maybe 3-4 months. The company micro manages you on everything you do. The company will give you more and more duties with no extra hours for help but expecting it to be done. The company as a whole does not care about their employees at the store level. They get what they can out of you and when you get burnt out and your body breaks down or are just frustrated that will cut you loose and put the next person in. There is no opportunity for advancement for a store manager. Aldi only wants young college grads as DM’s. Easier to control and manipulate.The only good feature is the pay but you have to be willing to sell your soul to the devil and give up a work life balance. If you have a family don’t expect to see them. I’d skip this company all together.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Hours, staffing, personal health, upper management
I work all the time and love it I see a lot of people and they are nice I learn math and other thing like how to put stuff on shelves it’s so much fun
Pros
Free food
Cons
Bad pay
Aldi is definitely a very hard company to work for and they expect a lot out of their employees, but they compensate their people very well, so it ends up evening out in the end. Overall a solid company to work for, be prepared to put in long/strange hours with high stress, but you'll be compensated fairly.
Pros
Pay, responsibility, benefits
Cons
Hours, stress, environment
Typical work day is fast-paced and on your feet. I learned many technical learning skills while working at ALDI Inc. Management is great support and cares about everyone and their success. The hardest part of the job is the fact you are on your feet all day, but you are compensated greatly for your hard work on their storefronts. The most enjoyable part of the job was making the friendships and working together as a team.
Great pay for entry level job. New associates start at $14.70 and you get raises typically twice a year. In less than 2 years working there I am making over $16/hr. Great job for a college student!
The company pays well. There were a lot of times when there were only 2 workers in the store. Very stressful. 80 + hours per week. Not a great home life balance.
I loved working at Aldi, great employees and costumers. Great products. Clean environment but the company doesn't have a set schedule which makes it tough for a single mother and or personal life.
Pros
Pay, Benefits, Employees
Cons
No set schedule, Hard work and hard on your body
Great place to work. Everyone was very polite. The hours aren’t unbearable. Just always have to remember to remain professional and you’ll never have any issues.
Work-life balanceIf your dependable plan on getting calls on days off.Pay & benefitsgood benefitsJob security and advancementThey have Favorites. PeriodManagementIf you have a bad manager or slacker...They will call in hourly when they want to leave and still theyvget same pay and your hrs that week will be cut to make laborOverallCashiers Must stock pallets and scan at a certain amount of time or scans pr.hr. pallets are done in 30 minutes even if you are the only cashier. You get reports daily on those times
I like the people I work with. Can be very demanding. Managers need more training on how to talk to employees and give employees tools on how to move up in their career.
Where I worked, the management bragged about the relative high pay, but that's only because you are literally supposed to do everything at once. If you're not an extremely fast paced person, they won't schedule you much or kick you out. In my other jobs, I was considered an efficient, good worker. But at this company, it's a whole other ball game. You will probably hurt your back working there if you work mornings. If you sign up for the cashier position, that means you won't really cashier except for 30% of the time probably. If you are opening, you need to get there at 5am and work the pallets extremely fast. When you are cashiering, they TIME YOU to make sure that you're going fast enough. It was intense.Where I was at, if you didn't clique with the group, you weren't liked. Also, my manager was obsessive and annoying about that and kept bringing it up to my face. It was annoying; I had to get out of there.
Pros
Somewhat decent pay (although not paid enough for the amount of work you do there).
Cons
Expected to perform all positions and do eveything REALLY fast.
  1. Employee Reviews