ALDI

Found 5,524 reviews matching the searchSee all 8,586 reviews

ALDI insights

Based on 3,124 survey responses
What people like
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Fair pay for job
Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Trust in colleagues

Very fun and productive company

Featured review

ALDI selected this as a representative review
Aldi is a great place to work and they always take care of the employees. not once has the management made me feel anything less than a person. They are caring and understanding, but you must be willing to get the work done. Since you are always working, the day goes by super fast

it's hard work

its hard work, at first they are cool with you taking your time but eventually get on you about rate and hitting higher numbers at the cost of your physical well being, wouldn't recommend this job to anyone that doesnt like to work hard or like working out, physically demanding

No advancement, everyone is the same

Everyone being paid the same rate sounded good at first until you realize you are doing most of the work while some do all the standing and talking. Everything is about what you can’t do and should be doing and what’s being taken away, not much is ever really given.

Pros

Daily overtime

Cons

No ability to communicate w the outside world, without breaking rules, unless you are on you one break or lunch.

Management doesnt care

They work you to death. Little staff. To the point you don't wanna be there. I worked my way all the way up to assistant Manager and had no work life balance. My daughter never saw me I was working 11 -12 to 9 then coming back in at 6 7 8 am to work another 10 hours I left after 5 years. I felt like I gave and gave and gave and they never gave me anything in return. And they Also HAVE ALOT OF FAVORITISM .

Cons

No breaks. No discounts

schlechtes Unternehmen zum arbeiten

Pros: - Gutes Gehalt und Altersversorgung,- Wasser, Obst und Früchte, Kuchen, Kekse etc. werden den Mitarbeiter im Pausenraum umsonst zu Verfügung gestellt,- grosszügige Arbeitsbekleidung (habe 7 Poloshirts, eine Weste und Jacke, bis hinzu Schal umsonst bekommen) und Arbeitsschuhe werden kostenlos zu Verfügung gestellt. Cons: - keine flache Hierarchien: Militär ähnliche Strukturen (neben FilialleiterIn und stellvertretenden FilialleiterIn, stehen Nachwuchskräfte an zweiter Stelle, danach werden "normale" MitarbeiterInnen, je nach ihrer Arbeitserfahrung oder persönliche Fähigkeiten höher gewertet als die anderen, so dass sie unter Umständen auch Befugt sind Befehle zu erteilen, insb., wenn die Filialleitung oder Nachwuchskräfte nicht im Laden sind) - wird zu viel Zeitdruck gemacht und die Arbeit ist körperlich sehr anstrengend (non-stop arbeiten, wenn man während der Arbeit kurz mal auf die Toilette oder was zum trinken gehen muss, wird man darauf angesprochen),- sehr strikt was um Arbeitskleidung angeht (es wird vorausgesetzt, dass man "unbedingt" eine schwarze Hose oder Jeans tragen soll, eine dunkelblaue Jeans wird nicht akzeptiert, obwohl die gesamte Arbeitskleidung bis hinzu Aldi Logo in Blau sind).- viel zu viel Überstunden, wenig Mitarbeiter, neue Mitarbeiter kommen und verlassen das Unternehmen ständig, - keine kollegiale Zusammenhalt zwischen den Mitarbeitern, aufgrund starker Hierarchie und toxische Arbeitsklima, weil jeder MitarbeiterIn einer anderen MitarbeiterIn gegenüber hierarchisch gesehen entweder über oder unter steht. Insgesamt fand ich die Arbeitsklima -

Would you rate your company five stars?

Rate your employer to help people make better career decisions.

Excellent company with opportunity for advancement

Aldi is an excellent company to work for. They’re willing to promote you if you live into the company values and show initiative. I moved my way up from associate to assistant store manager and am working towards running my own store. Aldi does work you hard though, typical day at aldi includes going between 5-6 am and running freight for most of your shift with minimal coverage. This job is definitely not for everyone. You have to always be on top of your game and run your store as efficiently as possibly. You must always be aware of your sales budget and cut hours from associates as needed even if that sacrifices coverage. The thing that helps me the most is always starting out my day with a plan of what needs to be accomplished that day and what each associate will be tasked with. Aldi will take care of you if you take care of it. Just like any other company, you get out what you put into it.

Pros

Excellent pay, good benefits, willing to promote from within

Cons

Long hours, very physical, understaffed

It's a lot

Some positives: it's a lot of straightforward work. There's only a few people on every shift, so you work independently quite a lot. Work usually doesn't come home with you. There's lots of hours available, and there are chances to travel to other stores for overtime and mileage. Curbside shopping can be a really easy day. However, there's an odd corporate culture to contend with. It seems like from the top down they're focused on expansion, and they place a lot of stress on upper management to achieve profitabilityTherefore, many things come second to profitability and that stress trickles down in important ways. Training isn't necessarily based on seeing anyone to mastering a skill; the quicker you can get through training, the quicker management can get back to meeting those stressful obligations. Although they might say they try to avoid it, you're going to get scheduled a closing shift that ends 9-10pm followed by an open at 6am. You're expected to put out multiple large pallets of freezer and cooler groceries, and many pallets of dry groceries all before the store opens at 9, sometimes 8:30. Ring speed and personal shopping metrics are all tracked. Coworkers usually don't get too close because they're all very busy. It took almost two months for people to remember my name. Fifteen an hour is an okay starting wage, but nearly everywhere is moving to that. They tout great benefits when I already have better insurance through the marketplace. The focus is on efficiency and keeping costs down. Unfortunately, that's achieved through employee turnover keeping wages low and -

Pros

They're hiring

Cons

Poor training, high expectations, zero culture of care

fast paced and friendly coworkers

working at aldi was fun. fast paced and doing a lot at once, but it pays off and makes the day go by quicker. the pay just starting, is honestly perfect for what you’re doing. overall a great job. management, like corporate wise can be a little annoying

Pros

pay

Cons

corporate

Not for everyone

Overall it is a good place to work with ok pay but personally I feel it should be paid more. Great benefits time off and more. People you work with are usually nice but customers are not always

Pros

Pay benefits oputunity

Cons

Pay hours low a lot of work

Great place

Stressful at times but they really help you have your own time. The management is great and understanding and help you do what you want. If you work In store it’s hard to get a DM job.

Fast- paced & family-like atmosphere

Working here has completely brought me out of my shell. The team really gets to feel like family, we all care for and look out for one another. It’s the best place i’ve worked by far. I always recommend it to people. The pay is great, the fast-paved environment makes the day go by in a flash, the only thing is the work load. A lot of people cannot handle our everyday tasks. It is a lot of multitasking but with the right methods and work ethic, we can all pull through. Plus you don’t need a gym working here! It’s a great opportunity for advancement as well, I’ve gone from a seasonal cashier to assistant store manager within 20 months!

Pros

Family-Like Atmosphere, Benefits, Opportunity for Advancement

Cons

Work Load

Work place and company culture is ok.

Two much work , interrupting while doing more than one task in a time with very tight payroll and asked to leave early most the time , no appreciation from manager or DM . Growth Aportunity with company.

Pros

Hourly rate

Cons

Short break, Benifit and growth

Great opportunity for advancement

Aldi is a fast paced environment. If you’re full time you’re going to be on register and stocking depending on your shift. The training is good, and even after the store manager will have you shadow them. Everything is timed, speed and efficiency are key. If you show up on time, which is early, and don’t mind sweating to get your efficiency down, the speed will come with time. The pay is great, and raises are pretty common. Benefits are comparable to the competition, if you’re thinking about working here, check out the store before hand, see how they operate. Ask questions in the interview. They do Not discriminate with tattoos and piercings nor with orientation or race, which is nice. All in all it was a good job

Pros

Easy to request time off, great pay

Cons

Can be overwhelming at first

Grab t skkks soo

It’s a very wonderful place to work stack shelves clean floors. Fresh fish for all of our customers to see, get yourself down to Aldi. The great Aldi

Pros

Lola

Too much work

Overworked & unhappy employees. Always rushed and pushed to breaking points. Management is hard on the employees. Is never open to conversation or never asks employees if work is going okay.

Pros

Good pay

Cons

Too much work, short breaks

Hard workers only required

You definitely want to have high energy and willing to work very hard. This place does not require anyone who does not want to work hard. You must be able to move and think quick to finish every task. It's not like there are departments there where you have more than enough workers for each section of the store. You are the whole store of workers in each department. You do everything!! So like I said if you are not built like that to work very hard,please do not apply. Aldi's have great bennifits to fulltime employees and pay a decent salary. But you earn every bit of it.

Pros

Helps you learn how to multitask and be officiant

Cons

Wear many hats and overworked at times

Over work their employees always undermanned

Never let you over schedule for shift . People are burned out , people don’t want to come to work.DMs come in last minute expect the world to be turned over in a manner of hours .Operations manager can’t manage the warehouse butComplained about of stocks Everytime he is a store .

Pros

Pay is good

Cons

Undermanned and over worked

Very fast paced and short staffed

Usually at Aldi, they will train a store associate to do everything in the store. This was no problem for me at first, but it became a problem when management got upset that I couldn't keep up with switching back and forth between tasks every 5 minutes. Keep in mind I had started a week ago, so I still needed to get used to this fast pace environment before being guilt-tripped into feeling like I wasn't good enough. Also, they time you on everything you do - cashier, stocking the store/unloading pallets, curbside shopping, and even organizing the store during store hours. If you aren't fast enough for them, they will schedule you for 9-10 hour days for days straight. Sometimes I would barely even be able to get my 30 minute break in because they would keep me so busy. Not to mention, none of the coworkers will say a word to you to help you get the hang of things. The pay and benefits are good but working here is not as pleasurable as it seems.

Pros

good pay, good benefits

Cons

short breaks, fast paced, bad management

It’s good once you get over the first weeks

Just be patient it’s good money for good work. They offer good raises. Don’t get caught up on the drama and you’ll be fine. There’s managers that would work with you and others that won’t

Every changing / Fast paced

Never a day that is the same as the next or the one before. Lots of changes. Fast paced. Open office work environment, allowing hybrid working schedule right now but instead of basing on individuals it's based on the whole department.

Pros

Good benefits, some of Directors are great

Cons

No room for advancement. Everyone makes the same. Work load is NOT fair.

non existent work life balance

ALDI really expects all its managers and associates to prioritize this job above all else. You’ll have to work on your days off after putting on a 55+ hour week. The company insists on being critically understaffed at each location, so employees are all stressed, tired, and overworked.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ALDI. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2K

Women's ratings

1.9Fairygodboss Score

43%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

14%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by  Fairygodboss