ALDI Employee Reviews

Found 3,786 reviews matching the search
Great if you never get hurt and want to work a ton
It'll keep you busy 100% of the time, you will pretty much never have downtime until the last customer leaves, and even then, they rush you to clean and get everything spik and span in an hour. Typically its one manager and one or two associates running the store, simply because they have very high expectations. This makes it hard for them to hire people in the first place
Pros
You get to know your coworkers well, ive stayed friends with them after leaving the job
Cons
Max of one 30 minute break, even for a 10+ hour shift, pressure to never call out even when sick
Great Place to Work But...
The ALDI divisional office is a great place to work, but if you are an assistant, you will never be promoted to a supervisor or manager. You will need to be comfortable with only being an assistant. After three years, your salary will cap. The salary is higher than a typical office job.
The assistants in the office are very friendly and get along well. The workload within the company is very heavy, but nothing is too difficult. Management does not micromanage their employees which allow personal growth. There is definitely a divide between management and the assistants.
Very stressful...
No matter what I did..I did it wrong..every day...everyone is in such a hurry that they don’t have time to teach you correctly..
And they expect you to be a cashier at a fast pace..faster than I could ever imagine doing..

There is a trick to doing it if your smart enough to figure it out..but I couldn’t throw the groceries in the cart any faster without upsetting the customers..you do everything there from cleaning the toilets to freezing you buns off in the freezer..

And if you want a life..forget it..you don’t even have time to socialize with anyone there...it’s not a fun place to work..even though I love people and would talk to customers, if I could...your schedule changes every week so you can’t make much plans on doing anything in your life..you work late nights and early mornings usually..and on the weekends too.....and one of the assistant managers there would want you to do things at an impossible speed...but the day went fast because you were constantly moving...
Pros
Day goes fast from working at such a fast pace
Cons
Too stressful..
A lot of hard work and great employees
Always need you to be fast pace and be ready to work everyday. Great co worker and working together as a team. I respect the team i have in derby. They Also have a great insurance plan.
Great work place
No upward mobility once you become a store manager. The job is very physical, a lot of lifting, bending, and be prepared to work in ice cream freezer type conditions. It takes team work to get things done.
Your experience matters.
Help out others considering your employer. Rate your employer.
Worst job
They required a lot. There were days I didn't get to see my kid. Because, the job was so demanding. I wouldn't recommend it for anyone with kids, family, or a personal life.
Beware ALDI Matthews NC and have fun you keep my spot
Horrible job, the management team is horrible and very disrespectful. They treat you like garbage also you work like a slave with no life the work life balance doesnt exist their. It's like stepping on egg shells their they wait for you to mess up when you don't get any proper training. They feed to the wolves this job is not worth me getting stress over all the time. One day Madeline a managerdid many cruel things to me inspire towards me. One day
Co-Workers Loved. Management....ehh
Worked at the Warehouse for about 5 years and it was a job. Loved my coworkers to death but it was such a stressful job. Most management acts like they care for you but they are mostly just two-faced.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at ALDI?
Bad Management
A typical day at Aldis, consists of either stocking the shelves or sitting down and cashiering. At least half the managers that worked there would be either hovering around the office or in the office. Now yes they do have their own work that needs done in the office but not 8 hours worth. The managers had a poor communication with each other as well as with employees.
Na
N/a to much to write and you do to much for the money they pay. Never get off in time and way to much to do for the little money they pay you it will kill you in no time
Overwhelming
They expect so much to be done in a short amount of time. Only two to three employees running a whole grocery store is so overwhelming. I would not recommend to anyone.
Welcoming environment where its one big, happy family
My typical day at work consisted of clocking in and being assigned the days specified work. Whether it being cashier or boxing and cleaning aisles. At the end of the day we completed restock, boxing, cleaning, and locking up the store.
I didn't really learn anything new but I did learn how to properly use large and heavy machinery (ex. pallet jacks and baler).

The management was very nice, everyone had some sense of teamwork and consideration towards what needed to be done within the shift.

The workplace culture is very friendly and my former associates always made me feel like part of the family ever since day one.

The hardest part of the job I would have to say was time management and that its a fast paced workplace so you will have to be quick with most tasks.

The most enjoyable part of the job was that I met new people. As sad as I was to leave I will cherish the time we shared, it was an experience I'll never forget.
Great Place to Work
I really liked working at Aldi's and wouldn't mind going back to working for Aldi's.
Unfortunately I had a complicated pregnancy and was unable to do all the Stock work at my Store. Since I couldn't perform all tasks I ended up taking a leave of absence.
Look elsewhere
As the years went on the company got worse. Expect so much with little help. No work life balance. District managers are always changing which means you need to adapt to someone else's perspective of how things should be.
Aldi
There should never be a cap on pay, if you stay dedicated and give 100% to the company and you still cap out after 3 years stuck at same pay as I were there 20years. That’s why people leave the company
It can be better
Pay needs to go up,u do a lot of back breaking work as an employee to be getting paid 12.70. Setting the new stuff at times ,stocking while cashiering ,cleaning while cashiering etc .the list goes on
a typical day at work
Working at Aldi is all about speed, efficiency and multi-tasking. Just at the register alone, you could be ringing someone out, answering someone else's questions and answering the phone all at the same time.
Unappreciated
Aldi comes off as a very positive place of employment but staff works very hard and deserves much more appreciation from upper management. Store manager struggled dealing with upper management which put a lot of pressure of shift managers.
Great workplace
Fast-paced but management and staff are helpful. I learned about how a warehouse operates. The co-workers were friendly and helpful. The hardest part was unloading the skids but that was it.
Location and management
The location of the store being in a high volume, low-income area made staffing difficult and the customers you dealt with were so needy and demanding at times. Other stores in higher income areas ran much more smoothly.

Managers will never praise you abd have very little leadership skills who engage in workplace drama, special treatment, and diversion.
No work life balance
It’s no work life balance at all, management have no care about life outside of Aldi, no matter how hard you work it’s never good enough, if u have small children I do not recommend this for no full time parent, the pay is decent but for everything you it’s what you deserve plus more
Ask a question about working or interviewing at ALDI. Our community is ready to answer.
1.5K
1.9K
1.6K
2.9
Women's ratings

2.3Fairygodboss Score

25%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

25%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.