ALDI

ALDI Employee Reviews

United States6,443 reviews

Found 6,443 reviews matching the searchSee all 10,307 reviews
storepalletcashiergroceryfastphysicalstockingphysically

Working at aldi can be stressful in the beginning, but it definitely gets easier with time and commitment.

After working with Aldi for a little less than half a year I'm finally comfortable at the job in terms of meeting the goals and expectations that are expected of me. The biggest benefits are time flexibility, pay, and exercise. This job is very demanding and will require a lot of effort from you. If you're lazy you definitely won't last here. As long as you are a hard worker and committed to your work you'll be fine. The management is very understanding from my experience while in training and at my home store.

What is the best part of working at the company?Great pay and great benefitsSick time, vacation time and PTOWhat is the most stressful part about working at the company?Super fast paced and quotas to meet high expectationWhat is the work environment and culture like at the company?Very fast pace, dangerous machine operators so stay alert, very diverseWhat is a typical day like for you at the company?Very fast paced. Little to no downtime, long hours

ALDI insights

Based on 5,764 survey responses
Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Overall satisfaction

Good coworkers

Expect to stay on your feet most of the day or if you are cashiering, expect to very efficient. Good hours. Good pay. Managers are pretty qualified, but job can be tiring.

It’s ok

Decent pay but it’s very stressful . I would choose someplace else…I mean the money is decent but the work is not the fun and the go-workers are cool I guess.

Over worked and underpaid

Expectations were too high for the minimal staff in store. No consistent management or structure at district level left management that was there fully unsupported and over worked.

Great Place for those who only care about money.

If you are more of a family person who values more than just money I would stay away. they purposely only try to recruit recent graduates for this reason, since they are most likely to commit to the requirements to this job since they do not have a lot going on after graduation.

Pros

-Great Pay and you get a car, gas paid for as well

Cons

- sink or swim type of training. No work life-balance. A lot of relocation.

Ok

Overall working for them was a good experience. Co-workers were cool. Pay was decent. Benefits weren’t that much. Only reason I left was for change in career.

Depends on Management

Depending on management Aldi can be an awesome place to work to a nightmare. If store managers is great then the environment is great, When the managers is terrible the job is worse than terrible.

Cons

Inexperienced District Managers

very physical job, experience depends on management

somehow this company wins awards for a great workplace but honestly, the only things I ever enjoyed were some coworkers and the benefits. my manager wouldn't promote women so as he could avoid being assumed to have promoted them due to their looks (which really exacerbates the idea IMO) & no one was held accountable. In that regard, job security was definitely there but there were so many people who didn't pull their weight and low morale due to the contrast in work ethic / professionalism. My district manager was extremely unsupportive during covid when I was exposed via coworker and I was unable to get PTO even though it was within their policies to do so. my most enjoyable memory was when I decided to leave and gave no notice.

benefits

Cons

break schedule, culture, lack of professionalism and integrity

Good pay, but prepare for really long work hours (commonly 11+ a day)

Really physical demanding job with bad middle management. Going to be called up a lot with supervisors asking why you are too slow but I doubt any of them know how to do our job.

Pros

Consistent long hours so good money

Cons

Short breaks, work life balance

No Work/Life balance

If working Full-time, must have open availability. Only a handful of employees working a shift at a time. Management makes you feel like a burden for needing their help. Expected to catch on to what's expected in your first shift of working there.

Pros

Pto

Cons

No set schedules

Pretty Solid for Retail

The job was physically demanding but the managers were very supportive. Most customers were very kind and understanding. In the event of a situation that could not be kindly resolved, the managers were fair in how they treated the situation. If the employee did everything they were supposed to and were capable of to aid the customer then the managers would support the employee's judgement call.

Pros

Flexible Scheduling

Cons

Physically Demanding

What is the best part of working at the company?It was funWhat is the most stressful part about working at the company?The managementWhat is the work environment and culture like at the company?Workers are fine but the management under values the workerWhat is a typical day like for you at the company?I would do my job fine then be harassed by managers

The managers were the problem

I want to start off by saying this is my personal experience at working at aldi. Overall, not a terrible place to work. Great pay and I get the hours I ask for plus the general manager was somewhat understanding with working around your schedule. I loved that I was always busy, there is always something to do. If you don’t do well in fast paced environments DO NOT apply here. For example, if you’re the main cashier. You are not just in charge of processing customer purchases. You’re also in charge of: refilling bags, responding to self checkouts, cleaning your register area, cleaning self checkout area, putting away any returns or products customers didn’t want, neatly organizing the front, and more. I personally don’t like when there is nothing to do so it was perfect for me. The down side about the location I was at was how catty the coworkers are. I’ve worked at a literal beauty store before and ALDI’s catty-talking-behind-your-back presence was far worse. Which as a result I would wake up every morning in complete and utter panic . I would constantly cry because of how stressed I was about how my best efforts were going unnoticed because managers and co-workers are too busy talking behind your back. This place is definitely a spitting image of people can make or break your job.

Fast Paced

Work here if you like to be on your feet and running around all-day. It is a good company to work for if you have the right management behind you which is true of any company.

Great team.Hard workers.Pleasant customers.

I work with a great hard working team.Everyone gets along and our managers are not micro managing Our every move.I do wonder about the extra hourly pay for 2 months during last years holiday season.It was really helpful

Good pay and benefits. Bad culture

Aldi is all about playing the game. They are unfair, dont care about you, and lie to you about it all. They just throw money and benefits at you to try to solve the problem. No support. No work life balance.

Efficient work place with highly capable team members.

+ Excellent Pay + Fantastic Opportunities for Progression + Growing Business + Great Team Spirit + 2 Pay Rises per Year for First 5 Years - Very Little Autonomy - Underdevelopment of Soft and Hard Skills - Little Opportunity for Creativity - Slimly ran operation causes issues in the current staff retention climate.

Really great. nice co workers . Great management. Good with flexible hours. Days go by fast. I like how organized the company is. Hope to be promoted soon

Unappreciated

Unappreciated and treated unfairly if you don't fit in management is all over the place and the pay isn't all that great for the amount of work they ask of people

Co-Workers

They are very laid back which is awesome your !st day they helped me frequently learn my job and were very patient and understanding I was a new employee. I even had a co-worker take me to lunch while I was there. It was a Temp job during a stressful time (covid). Overall it's a grest place to work.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ALDI. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.7 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Diversity score

out of 100
Comparably
Diversity Score
Top 50%
In the Top 50% of similar size companies
The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at ALDI.
Powered byComparably

Compare ALDI with

ALDI reviews by popular job title

• ALDI