ALDI Employee Reviews for Associate

Found 236 reviews matching the search See all 5,870 reviews
May have changed
Associate (Former Employee) –  Washington, MOAugust 20, 2019
I enjoyed the company but not the managers I had. When I had a medical emergency going on at home I was told I could not leave without losing my job. I found a different job 2 weeks later. I did speak with the home office and they were appalled and said they would take care of the situation but I was already leaving so I don’t know how it turned out.
Focus on speed leaving customer service on back burner.
Associate (Former Employee) –  Zionsville, INAugust 16, 2019
We are trained to be quick and do each sector of our job at a high speed rate. Customer service is talked about during interview and orientation but seldom encouraged in work place.
The hardest part of the job
Associate (Current Employee) –  Beltsville, MDAugust 13, 2019
When the head managers are in the store and expect you to do more without the help of a jack on the floor, it's fun working here but I feel like it's not enough money for all the work we have to do.
Nightmare Management
Associate (Former Employee) –  Terre Haute, INAugust 10, 2019
Never giving you a consistent schedule. Asking you to come in on your day off and cutting you off early on other days. The Manager was a liar, lazy, and rude. The Manager began hiring only her friend's. The Manager would give her duties to everyone else to do so she could do nothing but make up lies about the employees to tell the DM.The place was a joke!!!!!
Management at the time needed improvement.
Associate (Former Employee) –  Mentor, OHAugust 10, 2019
This was one of my favorite jobs but there were things they needed to improve upon.

The managers at the time were unprofessional and did not manage the store well, which caused the employees and customers to suffer.

The benefits and pay were wonderful but no store discounts.

Scheduling was a mess and left unhappy employees with no work life balance. Constant close/opens, no accommodations for availability changes, no consistency, and employees constantly had to switch shifts with each other.

There was no room for growth in the company.

You are timed on register and freight, which isn’t a problem, however while I was employed there managers would use your numbers as a way to threaten you. An example being “If you don’t get your numbers up you’ll be searching for other employment”.

The Job overall was great and I still love the company but poor management and no room to advance ruined my experience there.
Pros
Great benefits and fast pace
Cons
Short breaks, poor management, no discount
Somewhat good
Associate (Current Employee) –  Carnegie, PAAugust 5, 2019
I want to start by saying this is a review of specificly the Carnegi Pa location, the other locations were pretty darn good.
Management was always changing hands, i was never given opertunity for advancement. It was held over my head for years. Every reliable employee ended up leaving only lazy/incompetent employees remained. I'm all arround frustrated with my current situation.
Worst job i ever had!
Associate (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, IlAugust 5, 2019
Boss is horrible. Throws tantrums and give you the silent treatment if things don't go his way. Acts like a child....very unprofessional. There's no communication between staff. Everyone is stressed and miserable. Absolutely no work/ life balance. They work you like a dog and you're never doing enough. No positive feedback...EVER. Horrible job that will ruin your back, arms, ECT. Definitely not worth it.
Aldi...Aargh!
Associate (Current Employee) –  Lincoln, NEAugust 2, 2019
At Aldi you are worked VERY hard. Be prepared to stock and cashier all day while being interrupted constantly while trying to stock. You are rewarded rude customers almost every night that show up 5 minutes before close and stay 45 minutes after...the list goes on...
Pregnant
Associate (Former Employee) –  Enid, OKJuly 30, 2019
Dont become pregnant they have fired 2 ladies because of this. They over work everyone they call you on days off and treat you poorly. They are always hiring and dont treat the workers they have as they should with respect.
not neccessary
Associate (Former Employee) –  Macedonia, OH 44067July 24, 2019
It was a bad work experience where management used unauthorized tactics and methods to have employees work disregarding the consistent disrespect and unprofessionalism that took place within the store. Leaving was the best decision I made.
Pros
Great Pay
Cons
Horrible Work Environment
Great benefits and pay
Associate (Current Employee) –  Lenoir, NCJuly 24, 2019
Too much favoratism because of small group. The job itself is very physical but that part I don't mind. Pay is good and so are benefits. It's like any job you're going to have issues anywhere but overall good experience.
High School
Associate (Current Employee) –  North CarolinaJuly 19, 2019
We are short shift manager, short assoc. Alot of friendships out side work place. Some between shifts and assoc which favoritism spills over into the work place. God forbid your not part of the cool kid click. Some work there butts off with never having a complaint, yet some have multiple write ups in there past and get away with hardly working at all. Yet we all get paid the same. And if you bring this to anyone's attention there will be backlash!
Fast Paced, Good Management
Associate (Former Employee) –  West Seneca, NYJuly 14, 2019
The management and the workplace culture at my location was what kept me going there for so long. The work/life balance wasn't always the best, a lot of times I was working until 9pm and had to be back at 6am. It's also a lot of lifting and such, and everyone there feels like their bodies are falling apart. If I didn't have the managers I did, it would've probably been a pretty awful experience.
Good Job
Associate (Current Employee) –  Chicago Heights, ILJuly 13, 2019
This job is great for making money until a career is started elsewhere. It’s a job that takes care if you for the time being. I would definitely recommend this job if you just need to make a living and you need good benefits.
Not a good place to work if you intend on getting all of your full-time hours.
Associate (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MAJuly 10, 2019
My year at Aldi started off well since you got 40 hours to start with a week for training purposes. After my training was done I never saw those hours. It is not a fair environment when it comes to promoting the employees. The best are overworked as others may slack and still get paid the same as those who work hard. Management is not where it should be and is quite a bias environment.
Pros
Great customers
Cons
Overworked, little to no acknowledgement
Worst management !!!!!
Associate (Former Employee) –  Vernon, CTJuly 9, 2019
Poor management! I was told by management that a product could be discounted down due to date on item. I asked the manager to discount down and he proceeded to tell me i could just do it or have cashier mark down. While i was on the look like usual i was discounting down meat and other products, I discounted the product i asked the manager about and then put it in the back it the meat frig. When i then got off of the clock i got the product went to check out. Where a manager NEEDS to approve of the purchase before anything else. The manager that approved i can discount the product down was right next to me and another manager of the same level had turned the key for me to buy! After a week it was brought to my attention that the manager that approved that i could buy the product had said that was not something he did or would ever do. i was pulled into the manager office and asked what had happened not really mattering what i had said they had made their mind. I had worked my entire shift that day for them to make sure everything was done for the day then sent me home. I will never ever ever talk good about Aldi's to anyone!
Fast paced, lots of responsibility, physically demanding, and
Associate (Former Employee) –  Westerville, OHJune 26, 2019
Helped me lose weight, lots of lifting and moving, fast paced, all ways something to do “if you have time to lean you have time to clean”, too many managers, always understaffed, high turn over rate
Pros
Time went by fast, staff was friendly
Cons
Short breaks, way too many scheduled hours
Non Stop
Associate (Former Employee) –  Arden, NCJune 17, 2019
This company is great to work for when lower management is good. I worked at an Aldi in another city and had an amazing experience. Management was good and it felt like a team environment. I transferred to another store in a new city and the management was poor. I would be scheduled from 2-11pm on a Monday and be required to come back in at 5am the following morning. It went against company policy and when I approached the manager I was told I would be put part time if I was not willing to work those hours.... On another note, prepare to stay past your scheduled time and expect to be scolded if you don't. Pay was decent but not enough to deal with all that.
Fast paced, a lot of corporate changes making work life/family life difficult
Associate (Current Employee) –  Winter Haven, FLJune 17, 2019
Good money starting out, top out on pay within 2yrs. Hours vary daily and they refuse to allow an employee to just be day or night staff, you must be available everyday for all shifts. Very limited employees on each shift. A large work load, lots of heavy lifting, you only sit IF you are cashiering (limited time). Aldi wants their employees to give their all, but gives no incentive for employees to do so. Manager is great, sadly he/she has no actual say about anything within the store.
Pros
Good starting pay, insurance, 401k, vacation after 1yr.
Cons
No production or performance raises, no stability in schedules
Unrealistic expectations
Associate (Current Employee) –  Laurens, SCJune 14, 2019
I worked at a smaller store, so only 2 people worked at a time. They expected you to run register while doing all other duties (cleaning, assisting customers, and work pallets, not to mention any extra cleaning caused by spills). Everything at Aldi is about speed, you are timed on EVERYTHING and its extremely stressful, especially when customers get upset because they feel you are "mishandling" their groceries. If you like fast pace, and I mean FAST pace, this is a good job for you, the pay is decent and benefits are good, but if you have any type of physical limitations, I wouldn't even bother because they will not take that into consideration.
Pros
Benefits, decent pay
Cons
Stressful environment

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ALDI. Our community is ready to answer.

51.3K
41.7K
31.5K

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at ALDI.

Powered by Comparably