ALDI Employee Reviews for Retail Sales Associate

Found 462 reviews matching the search See all 5,879 reviews
ALDI Careers and Employment
Full-Time Store Associate (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TX 75246August 24, 2019
ALDI is the nation’s low-price grocery leader. Our growth and success are attributed to our commitment to building efficiencies at every level—from store construction, to distribution, to the specific products we stock. Our success shows we are as much a philosophy as we are a grocery store. Every aspect of our operations has been rethought and reinvented to maximize the quality of our products and savings for our customers.
Excellent Company to work for!!!
Store Associate (Former Employee) –  York, PAAugust 19, 2019
Hard work but it was a great environment to work in. I worked with awesome people and had fun at work and learned a great deal. Would highly recommend
My day at Aldi
Store Assocate (Former Employee) –  Cary, ILAugust 17, 2019
Love working the early morning shift best. Have many regular customers that come in and see me. Have received a 100% on shopper review that was sent to corporate. Don't have money problems with my cash draw. Lots of lifting including over my head.
Pros
Having a job and my customers
Cons
Advancements not avalable with in resonable time
Job provided multiple growth potential
Retail Service Associate (Former Employee) –  New Brunswick, NJAugust 17, 2019
Working at Aldi provided great benefits, the employees and admin staff were supportive and collaborative. The job provides potential for advancement and career development. However, the location I worked was in a urban and social-economically disadvantaged neighborhood where the customers were more aggressive and I lacked the experience to understand and respond to their aggression and at times, theft, because I am conflict avoidant. The environment was less than palatable but, the job overall and staff are very supportive. Location of the store determines the culture. Great job, great benefits, great people, potential for job growth the location makes the difference.
So much potential
Store Associate (Current Employee) –  New Albany, INAugust 17, 2019
I was so eager to work for Aldi. Their method and "different" way of doing things is fantastic ... in theory. Maybe it's just my particular store, but favoritism weighs heavy here, and micromanagement is. non. stop. I like the fast pace, but I'm never allowed to just keep to myself and do my job.
Store Associate and Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  La Porte, INAugust 16, 2019
Great place to work, great people to work with. Very physical job. Great benefits decent pay flexible schedule very good learning experience. Customer service is a very difficult job.
Not flexible with life
Store Associate (Former Employee) –  Olathe, KSAugust 16, 2019
Didn't have a set schedule. It changed each week. They were not flexible with scheduling. Besides that I enjoyed my coworkers and the job kept me active.
Fast paced and Caring work place
Store Associate (Current Employee) –  Hadley, MAAugust 15, 2019
I love it at Aldi. The customers are nice to me and I'm always nice to them so it is a pleasant experience. Aldi has great benefits too. If it wasn't for aldi's benefits then i wouldn't be able to see a doctor right now.
Great job for high school grads
Store Associate (Former Employee) –  Aiken, SCAugust 14, 2019
I feel as if Aldi doesn't pay enough for store associates to do the work they do. Also putting up with the public. The work is easy at times but the work life balance is terrible.
Your Aldi Experience Depends on where you live
Store Associate (Former Employee) –  Leesburg, FLAugust 8, 2019
If you live around cranky, whiny, needy old people, then you'll hate it even if you love customer service, otherwise you might actually enjoy working there.
Productive Management needs improvement.
Store Associate (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCAugust 7, 2019
I was really excited to work at Aldi getting paid 13+. The first couple of months weren't so bad. I would go home with cuts and bruises from time to time. Also, management could use an upgrade. schedules for the next two weeks arent put out in advance. Once you're halfway through a weeks schedule the following weeks goes out. So if you have plans or like to see your schedule for the next two weeks in advance this isn't done here. Also, manage changes schedules without authorization or notification.
Pros
work day goes by fast, and pay is adequate
Cons
work breaks aren’t fully met, management needs improvement.
Aldi
Shift Manager/Store associate (Current Employee) –  Blue Bell, PAAugust 6, 2019
Working with Aldi has been great, they provide insurance and 401K. Although there are something’s about my job that makes me want to resign. Before looking into this job please be ready to work hard labor at a fast pace and difficult customers.
Terrible management. Good pay
Store Associate (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 6, 2019
Indeed is not letting me post my honest opinion because they claim it contains inappropriate language! Not one swear word I wrote in my review. Anyways, I might post it somewhere else then, maybe glassdoor. Just don't work for this company
My experience at Aldi
Store Associate (Current Employee) –  Bennington, VTAugust 5, 2019
Let’s see we’re do i start if you’re a Store associate you do everything, Clean bathrooms, Scrub floors, Sweep, Change out trash not to mention you’re hours are never the same.

Management does absolutely nothing and takes credit for everything store associates do.

Poor management they will overrule anything you do and won’t listen to any advice you have at all, other people who work there as store associates are terrified to saying how they feel because there hours might get cut or worse fired for voicing there grievance.

get cut or they might get fired.
Great company
Store Associate (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHJuly 31, 2019
They are a great company though very strict and straightforward with their management and skill labored work. Great pay long days & much physical work.
great people
STORE ASSOCIATE & SHIFT MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Warsaw, INJuly 31, 2019
The people that you work with are generally very nice people. The work-life balance is not good. The schedule changes every week and you are expected to have open availability at all times. If you are full time, you will work morning and night shifts.
Don't do it if you plan on having a life outside of work
Store associate (Current Employee) –  Schenectady, NYJuly 30, 2019
Hours are very strict. Even if you request to have certain hours or days off, chances are its not happening. Schedules are made out of the control of the manager and you work whatever it makes for you. I'm trying to go to school part time as well and working part time, and basically im only going to have maybe 10 hours a week.
Pros
the pay? maybe?
Nice place to work.
Store Associate (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNJuly 30, 2019
After two tries I was hired on as a part-time associate. I had great co-worker; that was helpful if I fell behind in my closing duties. Working at Aldi was a face pace job requiring you to scan items at a per-minute rate. There was an expectation to memorize some of the item codes allow you to speed up the customers time inline.
Not worth the stress
Full Time Store Associate (Current Employee) –  South Daytona, FLJuly 29, 2019
Standards held higher for different people with the same job title. you’ll be forced to do the work of multiple people because aldi doesn’t hold anyone accountable for their work ethic. In order to get close to full time hours you’ll have to pick up other co workers shifts on your days off which means working 8 plus days in a row sometimes just to get a normal paycheck. And all current managers talk about quitting every shift because of the stress. So that brightens the mood even more.
Fast paced
STORE ASSOCIATE/SHIFT MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Wisconsin Rapids, WIJuly 28, 2019
Aldi is a very fast paced environment with ever changing days. You learn how to manager your time and act appropriately in different situations. Its a fun place to work at if you have great co workers.
Cons
no incentives

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ALDI. Our community is ready to answer.

51.3K
41.7K
31.5K

Ratings from women

2.9InHerSight Score

2.2Personal Development

3.8Career Opportunities

2.7Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight