Aldo Groupe - Aldo Shoes Employee Reviews

Good job to gain retail knowledge but not a job to keep long term.
Sales Lead (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 29, 2018
Can earn a lot only if management is willing to teach. Raises are a luxury so mainly only management gets them. Extremely low pay. Some managers still get paid minimum wage as well as all associates. All higher management above General Store Manager not friendly, adds stress onto all workers. If you weren't making extremely high sales you were overlooked and an expendable. No form of security so sales associates are used as one. If management you'll get contacted frequently on your free time by your location. Trendy wear required to work here. No benefits for part-time but can always request time off (not paid) ahead of time.
Great place to learn and get promoted quickly. But not worth the stress and pay.
Pros
Flexible-ish hours, 50% off employee discount
Cons
No benefits, no raises, stressful higher management
Read the reviews for the location before applying
Full Time Employee (Former Employee) –  Houston TxAugust 14, 2018
Now that I work retail for some years and now move into luxury this company can treat you well but the district managers and store managers are so lazy, I had a great manager and they move me to a different location because they needed my help but the store manager for that location itself was so unprofessional, late all the time, will talk behind the staffs back, and will spend her time in the back. On the computer “working”. It was such a bad experience that I had to leave.
Pros
Staff can always make you laugh and make it a better place
Cons
Store managers can be such pigs.
Innovative and Diverse
Visual Merchandising Manager/Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Bethesda, MDOctober 12, 2018
Most enjoyable part of my job was inventory management and visual displays. I loved the accessories especially the winter collections. The hours were a bit long and high turn over but as to be expected in retail management.
Great for younger trendy/fashionable people
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Tacoma, WAAugust 8, 2018
It’s a great place to learn about fashion and to be social with likeminded co-workers and customers.
Fast paced but also very slow at times. Multitasking is a must.
Pros
Great shoes and great fashion advice
Cons
No time off during holidays/ not great healthcare.
Great friendly environment
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Cabazon, CAAugust 21, 2018
Great company with amazing vision and core values. Amazing relationship between coworkers. Full of knowledge where one can learn and further develops costumer service skills. Strongly costumer service based.
Pros
Store merchandise discount
Cons
Healthcare
Amazing place to work at
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 11, 2018
I loved working at Aldo, the work environment was fast paced. The people were positive and energetic. Dress code was always fashionable and trendy, customers are usually very friendly and understanding.
Pros
events
Cons
slow seasons
Aldo usa
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILNovember 12, 2018
Great company to work for other then the district managers have no sense of great managing and don't care for any team members. District managers also don't respect the amount of work that gets put in.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
lack of leadership
great work enviroment
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Sarasota, FLJune 1, 2018
a typical day at work would be around a 6-9 hour shift. learned how to operate their computer system, shipping/scanning revenue. management really emphasized team work and generating sales. hardest part of the job was working on my feet long hours, most enjoyable was interacting with other peers.
Pros
discounts
Cons
hard labor, climbing ladder all day, standing on my feet caring heavy boxes.
Great job
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDNovember 16, 2018
Aldo is an amazing job, I will recommend anyone to work there. I worked there for little over a year and I was worth the time being there. Always remained positive and consistent with costumers.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Paid biweekly
Aldo
Part Time Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Monroe, OHJuly 6, 2018
Fun work environment. They have a stay gold motto, and the managers help associates to drive sales with it. Managers in stores are wonderful, DM’s and RM’s could use a little more guidance on how many hours to give or not weekly. Otherwise this job was super fun!
Fun culture, but no strong support from upper management.
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Burlington, MAJune 6, 2018
You may not always have the support and guidance you need for success. Culture is a fun place to work but they don’t give you a work life balance. They preferably would always want you to work the weekends.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Not much of a work life balance.
fun work environment
Runner (Former Employee) –  Short Hills, NJOctober 10, 2018
the job is great and the hours are better the staff is very kind and helping and the managers are understanding and they make it easy to get the hang of the job as well
A company with many opportunities. Great environment to work on.
Stocker/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYJune 23, 2018
This company gave me the opportunity to learn many important skills that can be helpful in other companies. My experience at this company was great, would definitely recommend to a friend.
Good for a side job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PAApril 20, 2018
I liked working at Aldo, the only thing I warn before recommending is that it is retail, meaning if we don't make our goals, we don't get hours. At times the shoes were expensive so we did not make our goal and we barely ever got hours.
Pros
In the mall
Cons
Had to clock out just for a 15 minute break, but managers never clocked out for any of their breaks.
Amazing work place and amazing staff. ( Depends on the manager )
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Topanga Canyon, CAApril 9, 2018
Working at the Aldo Retail group was very fun for many and many reasons. In the beginning because of the amazing staff, It was a very fun/relaxing but yet competitive field of work. Everyone helped each other and was kind. Until our manager got replace. The new manager started cutting the hours of the old employees.
Pros
non
Cons
non
Okay place to work
Assitant Manager (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLSeptember 13, 2018
Can be stressful when not making numbers , you have to be able to multi task on top of making sales . Show care also played a big part in working for aldo
Low pay
Stock Manager (Current Employee) –  Miami Beach, FLSeptember 11, 2018
Fast pased work friendly and bipolar environment low pay lavking of reviews not set goals no good management no sick days no call out no loyalty apreciation
Easy workplace
Key Holder/Sales Lead (Current Employee) –  Braintree, MAAugust 9, 2018
Not a bad place to work to get yourself started. Great customer service experience. This job can be a way to open other doors and figuring out what is next.
Fun!
Sales Lead/Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLJuly 20, 2018
Fun! Wished it paid better! You need to be willing to succeed because otherwise it will be very hard for you! Other than that, I had a lot of fun! Would recommend.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Pay
You make your team or it won't last for you
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCFebruary 27, 2018
You need a voice and the ability to stand up and lead a team or you are going to fail at being a Store Manager for Aldo. When you start out you are most likely taking over a store that needs to be fixed, knowing that means you are about to work a TON of hours. Blood , sweat and yes, tears! BUT once you have the good, hard working people who WORK for you and things are moving in a great pace that is when you can have a work life balance. It took me a year and half to get that! Over all the part-time work of it is easy.
The company lacks training managers and full-filling good manager's time or growth.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Aldo Groupe - Aldo Shoes. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about