Aldo Groupe - Aldo Shoes

Aldo Groupe - Aldo Shoes Employee Reviews

Typical day at work
I go in mostly for the evening shift when it’s the most busy and work in the back stocking shoes and sending out ships as well as running the shoes to the front. Usually fast pace because of how busy it gets and can sometimes be overwhelming.
Overall Experience
My time at Aldo was not the best. It was really hard for new management to step and start getting the hang of things. This made it very difficult to get days off that I needed off and they became very inflexible.
Never again would i work
Horrible mgmt , employees tweak time cards no sick pay , whole company is a joke

Horrible mgmt , employees tweak time cards no sick pay it’s crazy.
It wasn’t the best
Started off as a sales associate in 2014, got promoted all the way to a store manager within three years. It was nice to meet so many new people but the workload and stress as a store manager led me to leave. I stayed 2 years as a store manager and took over several different locations. Each location was trash, poor staff, poor product, and poor cleanliness and I was expected to flip the store with no help from anyone else. Yet when other managers needed help I was expected to help pitch in. The district managers can be so rude, unprofessional and petty towards anyone they personally did.not like, even if they were the best associate on the staff. It was very messy.
Pros
Discount, Meeting Many People
Cons
Poor Management, Stressful, Work/Life Balance is non existent
It was good
While working with Aldo it's been fun you meet new people learn new things most times they are flexible with your hours etc. The only cons are management the district manager can be completely unprofessional the person will make rude remarks about you while you are their! And if you want a raise forget about it I worked there for a long time and Just got a promotion/raise the district even said she didn't want to at all and then literally hired a girl who has never worked in her life (her first job) a manager! , And my manager would always try to force me to buy new shoes saying my "last season" Shoes where ugly despite literally buying them 4 months ago.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Awful management
Do you enjoy working at your company?
Every work experience is unique. Tell us about yours. Rate your employer.
Aldo is a pretty nice place to work
Days usually consisted of taking care of the back stock room and making sure that the floor was supplied with the necessary inventory so the sales associates could sell. Anything that didn't fit on the floor was in the back room and the could be called by anyone in sales for me to bring out to the or the customer. Other days would be focused on receiving shipment which meant opening boxes of shoes to put out on the floor and putting the rest in the back room or deciding that it should go to an offsite storage.
Pros
Discount on shoes
Great job
If your in high school or have a full time job. It was very relaxed and we had no dress code which some of the employees definitely took advantage of.
Disappointing experience
Initially I was very excited to start this position- I was sold on a bonus structure that would compensate roughly $15k (which is similar to the pay cut I took with this offer). I was never told that the position wouldn’t pay overtime or that I would be expected to work 50-60 hours and 6/7 days a week (No Fridays or Saturdays off!). I was “trained” by the person I was replacing. My boss pointed a lot of fingers and lacked in communication.

You are obligated to work open-close some days by yourself, without a break. Retail drama is high here. No back office, so you even have to make your schedule on the sales floor. Returns from bigger stores count against your stores sales each day. All around bad leadership and pay that doesn’t even start to justify any of it.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Aldo Groupe - Aldo Shoes?
Its like working in ancient times
Aldo’s system is so outdated I feel like Im working in 1988. You have to manually apply discounts but they have a playboy mansion of the shoe world in Canada but, cant seem to afford better operation systems. Their stockrooms are horrible and its hard to find anything. Then they have the nerve to try and motivate you sell more in exchange for possibly winning a iPod, flat screen t.v vs offering commission.
Pros
Discount
Cons
The company as a whole
Aldo
When I worked at Aldo it was a relaxed work place and easy sales due to all the promotions the company gives out and it made it a bit easy to get the customers to get into the product they desired.
My Experience with ALDO
In total, I was with ALDO for two years! Starting as a Sales Associate and Sales Lead. The management (during the time I was there) was wonderful - I always felt supported. The transition from Associate to Lead was made very easy by those above me. ALDO's loyal customer base made the work fun and the days go by fast.
No longer an amazing place to work
Was with this company a long time.
Was amazing for a time, new ceo and things changed. Lost great leaders in the process and they continue to leave. Its sad to see this company go in this direction. I was once proud to say i worked there. I am now sad to say, when I left I felt undersupported from those above my DM. I was working a good 60-70 hours a week. I was salary so no over time. and I made under40k.
If you want it you will GROW!
Loved working at Aldo. Retail hours can be brutal just like anywhere else but if your in the Carolinas ans want to grow as a manager this is definitely the place to work!
No life
You work at every store in the district because the turnover is so large. And even after you do that they hire from outside instead of within. And it’s clearly because it’s cheaper that way
Not very motivating
A lot of employees quit. You have to make sure youre favorited in order to remain happy there. It all depends on the management in the particular location
Cons
No commission. No bonuses
It was a hit or miss on the days
Working at an Outlet Mall there sometimes not a lot of people which causes a dry and hard day to sell. The manager in my store didn't seem to understand how hard it was to sell on a day with very little business.
Always upbeat
Working for this company was great! it was always upbeat and positive vibes along with a lot of support from other managers and hire ups. It was very easy to work for them.
Hostile Work Environment
Store Manager Is Very Rude.Lazy.Doesn’t follow through On her words with actions. She gossips to employees about other employees .She has a very negative spirit and is very unprofessional. I do not recommend this stress on anyone.
Pros
Discount/Great Company
Cons
Store Management
Love aldo
Great staff love working there . You will the love the environment. Will be treated like family . Will have opportunities to better yourself even move in the company
It's okay
Not many hours given though it's good if you're going to school full-time and just need like a side job. Poor management, the store manager just stands in the middle of the store and doesn't help out until it's time to ring a customer in other words, takes credit for your sale. Very competitive environment.
Pros
discounts
Cons
everything else
only thing good is the discount
some of their policies seemed so ridiculous. my store manager was great. really wished they rewarded the staff more not just the store manager and assistant manager. just felt over worked and no reward
Pros
discount
Cons
over worked with no rewards
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Aldo Groupe - Aldo Shoes. Our community is ready to answer.
2.9