Aldo Groupe - Aldo Shoes Employee Reviews

Okay place to work
Assitant Manager (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLSeptember 13, 2018
Can be stressful when not making numbers , you have to be able to multi task on top of making sales . Show care also played a big part in working for aldo
Amazing place to work at
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 11, 2018
I loved working at Aldo, the work environment was fast paced. The people were positive and energetic. Dress code was always fashionable and trendy, customers are usually very friendly and understanding.
Pros
events
Cons
slow seasons
Great friendly environment
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Cabazon, CAAugust 21, 2018
Great company with amazing vision and core values. Amazing relationship between coworkers. Full of knowledge where one can learn and further develops costumer service skills. Strongly costumer service based.
Pros
Store merchandise discount
Cons
Healthcare
Read the reviews for the location before applying
Full Time Employee (Former Employee) –  Houston TxAugust 14, 2018
Now that I work retail for some years and now move into luxury this company can treat you well but the district managers and store managers are so lazy, I had a great manager and they move me to a different location because they needed my help but the store manager for that location itself was so unprofessional, late all the time, will talk behind the staffs back, and will spend her time in the back. On the computer “working”. It was such a bad experience that I had to leave.
Pros
Staff can always make you laugh and make it a better place
Cons
Store managers can be such pigs.
Easy workplace
Key Holder/Sales Lead (Current Employee) –  Braintree, MAAugust 9, 2018
Not a bad place to work to get yourself started. Great customer service experience. This job can be a way to open other doors and figuring out what is next.
Great for younger trendy/fashionable people
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Tacoma, WAAugust 8, 2018
It’s a great place to learn about fashion and to be social with likeminded co-workers and customers.
Fast paced but also very slow at times. Multitasking is a must.
Pros
Great shoes and great fashion advice
Cons
No time off during holidays/ not great healthcare.
Fun!
Sales Lead/Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLJuly 20, 2018
Fun! Wished it paid better! You need to be willing to succeed because otherwise it will be very hard for you! Other than that, I had a lot of fun! Would recommend.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Pay
Aldo
Part Time Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Monroe, OHJuly 6, 2018
Fun work environment. They have a stay gold motto, and the managers help associates to drive sales with it. Managers in stores are wonderful, DM’s and RM’s could use a little more guidance on how many hours to give or not weekly. Otherwise this job was super fun!
A company with many opportunities. Great environment to work on.
Stocker/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYJune 23, 2018
This company gave me the opportunity to learn many important skills that can be helpful in other companies. My experience at this company was great, would definitely recommend to a friend.
Fun culture, but no strong support from upper management.
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Burlington, MAJune 6, 2018
You may not always have the support and guidance you need for success. Culture is a fun place to work but they don’t give you a work life balance. They preferably would always want you to work the weekends.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Not much of a work life balance.
great work enviroment
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Sarasota, FLJune 1, 2018
a typical day at work would be around a 6-9 hour shift. learned how to operate their computer system, shipping/scanning revenue. management really emphasized team work and generating sales. hardest part of the job was working on my feet long hours, most enjoyable was interacting with other peers.
Pros
discounts
Cons
hard labor, climbing ladder all day, standing on my feet caring heavy boxes.
Great Work Place.
Stock Person (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLApril 26, 2018
Over all, had a great experience with the crew that was working. Teamwork is present at all times, no one is independent. Overall, the workers worked as a whole team to get the store to function efficiently.
Good for a side job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PAApril 20, 2018
I liked working at Aldo, the only thing I warn before recommending is that it is retail, meaning if we don't make our goals, we don't get hours. At times the shoes were expensive so we did not make our goal and we barely ever got hours.
Pros
In the mall
Cons
Had to clock out just for a 15 minute break, but managers never clocked out for any of their breaks.
Amazing work place and amazing staff. ( Depends on the manager )
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Topanga Canyon, CAApril 9, 2018
Working at the Aldo Retail group was very fun for many and many reasons. In the beginning because of the amazing staff, It was a very fun/relaxing but yet competitive field of work. Everyone helped each other and was kind. Until our manager got replace. The new manager started cutting the hours of the old employees.
Pros
non
Cons
non
Aldo
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  New HampshireApril 8, 2018
I honestly do not think that Aldo shoes is worth working for they stress you out with all the products and really poor management especially when you are just starting at Aldo shoes
Sales Associate
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLApril 2, 2018
I was in charge of assisting customers throughout the busy holiday. I had daily totals that had to be reached. I learned more about coustomer service and how to work at a steady rate while keeping track of sales and orders.
It was pretty good
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Troy, MIMarch 8, 2018
At first I loved working there, the people were great and dealing with customers wasn't SO bad. If you're going to work here you don't wanna get too attached to your coworkers, they have a high turn over rate, probably due to bad management.
You make your team or it won't last for you
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCFebruary 27, 2018
You need a voice and the ability to stand up and lead a team or you are going to fail at being a Store Manager for Aldo. When you start out you are most likely taking over a store that needs to be fixed, knowing that means you are about to work a TON of hours. Blood , sweat and yes, tears! BUT once you have the good, hard working people who WORK for you and things are moving in a great pace that is when you can have a work life balance. It took me a year and half to get that! Over all the part-time work of it is easy.
The company lacks training managers and full-filling good manager's time or growth.
Productive Work Place, Great Well-Greeted Customer Service,
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Lexington, KYFebruary 22, 2018
I have enjoyed my experience so far within Aldo since starting in 2017. Ive grasped a lot of operational techniques and advancements. Was taught how to run a small store and how to teach and properly train employees.
Pros
Exciting Atmosphere
Management was terrible
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Riverhead, NYFebruary 17, 2018
Manager did not know how to run a store. Store manager comes in hours late while associates will get written up for being 5 minutes late. Managers will stand behind register while associates do shipment, clean and help customers. Worst job I’ve had
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Aldo Groupe - Aldo Shoes. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about