Aldo Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Found 1,028 reviews matching the search See all 1,479 reviews
fun place
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Miami, FL 33156July 13, 2018
super fun place to work at, and a super nice job to have when in high school or freshman in college. Easy first job. Not the best to have if trying to maintain a family, but as a senior highschool student or freshman in college, it is perfect.
Pros
fun
Cons
no increase of pay
Aldo
Key (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 12, 2018
Cool job, really relaxed. Pay was trash. Customers were really nice most of the time. I enjoyed the company culture. The discount was amazing. Lots of new styles!
Fun and exciting place to work
Brand Development Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 12, 2018
Fun and exciting environment. A lot of support and structure. Clear goals and support from management. Often long hours on your feet, but a focus on work/life balance.
Fun and straightforward
Sales Associate/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Braintree, MAJuly 10, 2018
My experience at ALDO Accessories was extremely enjoyable because I was able to showcase my fashion sense while interacting with people of different backgrounds aiding them in their shopping endeavors while listening to their background stories.
=( nothing
Key Holder/Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 8, 2018
Job wasnt for me no room for growth overworked overtime never allowed only 30 minute lunches. Coworkers dont take their job seriously and will steal your sales
Pros
=( nothing
Cons
=( nope
N/a
Stocker (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJJuly 2, 2018
Great company. The overall experience was great. Although I would not work for this company again unless the payout is beneficial. management was geat
High School Job, Never Again
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WAJune 30, 2018
Worked well for a high school job, scheduling was flexible and I had good coworkers.

Management was atrocious. Management changed three times in the three months I worked there and I was threatened by a regional manager for accidentally wearing the wrong shoes one time. One of my managers made me regularly take out the trash on my own when I was a minor, which I later learned was a big no-no. Also, I was never paid time and a half for working on a holiday.
Pros
Scheduling
Fun, productive workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VAJune 29, 2018
Great experience. Enjoyed meeting new people and adapting to the new charts whether it be new merchandise for the season and such. The most enjoyable was my coworkers and the overall experience on all parts.
retail basic
Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VAJune 29, 2018
it was a great part time job, offered great discounts for all the employees, they do not cover transportation/ parking fees if that is something important
Active and Fast Paced
Full Time Sales Leader (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, NYJune 28, 2018
Aldo gives you a nonstop sales day, from helping customers and planning your end of day markdown after closing the store , it demands not just an operational mindset but an organizational and sales mindset too. Fun for those who like to know that their direct sales was impacted by them personally, and stressful for those who cannot maintain a selling personality throughout their shift.
Pros
active, good discount, personal sales goals
Cons
personal sales goals, shoe care sales goals, short breaks
great place to start in retail
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJune 28, 2018
great atmosphere, awesome staff, competitive for commission, great incentives for management when numbers are met.

Only bad thing I can say is the pressure of selling items can be irritating at times.
Great place to work for fashion forward charismatic individuals
RETAIL STORE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 27, 2018
This place of business is very worldly. You get to come in contact with different people and bond over fashion, shoes, life or whatever comes up in conversation while selling shoes and accessories. The most tedious part about working here is being able to multi-task in a fast-paced environment. The work culture is supposed to be energetic and fun, but in order to have that ideal atmosphere the right people have to be placed here and should all have great work ethic.
Fun work environment
STORE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Central Valley, NYJune 20, 2018
Team lead in sales, oversaw sales associates
Helped resolved complex collection issues and investigated payment discrepancies and fraudulent activities with Store Manager
Troubleshooting basic network issues with point of sales
ACCOMPLISHMENTS: Helped lead our store to top ten in the region in sales. Opened a new store and successfully ran the store for 3 months
The work place was not good
Stock coordinator (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 20, 2018
The overall experience is just bad the managers make promises that they don’t keep the co workers are also evil manipulative people the customers are always incredibly disrespectful to all the staff including my boss and there is no advancement or raises
Pros
59% offon items
Cons
Everyone and everything there sucks
Pretty Decent Work Place.
Sales/Stock Associate (Former Employee) –  Sunrise, FLJune 19, 2018
Well its a mall job mall jobs are fun because you get to meet cool people, the job is fun but managers were stealing sales during the period i was working there.
Poor pay awful upper management
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJune 18, 2018
poor pay, upper management threatens your job constantly, no room for growth. Unrealistic goals set for employees, when not reached. Upper management threatens your job or position.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Pay, management, no growth
1. typical day at work 2. workplace culture
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Fishers, INJune 13, 2018
A typical day at work usually includes helping customers find shoes and going to get the shoes from the back. Usually, there will be online orders, so those will have to be completed.

The workplace culture is very inviting. The colors are always bright and welcoming. The music is always cheerful and always attracts customers.
Pros
discounts
Cons
short breaks
Fun workplace
Stock Room/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Altamonte Springs, FLJune 11, 2018
Great place for a young millenial working part time through college. They provided tools and skills in sales while also making it a fun and productive environment.
Not something to stay in
Full Time Manager (Former Employee) –  Fairfax, VAJune 10, 2018
This isn't a place I would recommend to a friend to work at. There is little chance to move up and upper management is very judgmental and cutthroat. There is jealousy and cattiness.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Poor management
Pretty good staff
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 7, 2018
Have to make sales if not your hours get cut off. cleaning was easy. you had to get the hang of how the shoes were labeled and placed. It was difficult at first but once you get the hang of it, you can find any shoe.
Pros
the staff was nice
Cons
Have to make your sales

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Aldo. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.8InHerSight Score

2.2Personal Development

3.8Career Opportunities

2.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight