ALE Solutions, Inc. Employee Reviews

2.9
Ratings breakdown
ALE is a remarkably fast growing and exciting company
Northeast Regional Manager (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJune 14, 2018
This company was very small when I started there. They have since grown exponentially and it is attributed to their respected reputation with clients and employees. They are hard working leaders and they expect the same of their team members.
Too many hours
Relocation Specialist (Current Employee) –  Saint Charles, ILMarch 27, 2018
Would not recommend for a single mother with children. Too many hours. Very young employees who are immature and unprofessional. When meeting above expectation, pay raise is not justifiable.
Pros
Free lunches to work through lunch
Cons
Too many hours and no room for advancement
Terrible company employing horrible people
Security Deposit Assistant (Former Employee) –  St. Charles, ILFebruary 15, 2018
Adjusters - avoid using ALE at all costs. They are not honest and will only refund accounts that are brought to their attention from an adjuster, even if the overpayment is caught internally.
Fast Paced, room for advancement
Hotel Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Saint Charles, ILJanuary 14, 2018
ALE Solutions can be a very quick paced job if you are in the hotel department. You start off with late hours, but if you can prove yourself and become an asset to the team your hours will get better as time goes on. This job can be fairly stressful and is not meant for everybody, however I personally like a quick paced job and I believe it is the perfect fit for me.
Ale
Hotel department (Current Employee) –  Hotel departmentOctober 24, 2017
It's stressful. You have to find a way to manage stress very quickly. Work is repetitive and boring. Lots of opportunities to advance, getting into a new position can take quite a bit of time. There's lots of overtime so that's a plus. It's a good place for recent grads and students to learn job skills. It's so fast paced, it's hard to get to know coworkers. More money needs to be spent on employees rather than company apperance. If you stress and task manage well, you'll do great here. Overall, I like it there, the people are great. Busy season is tough to get through, but thanks to the weather channel, we are prepared for the work load that will flood in. Like any office, it's cliquey and there's lots of gossip, but overall, ALE isn't terrible. Just be prepared for a lot of stress and busyness.
Fast paced/not for everyone
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Saint Charles, IL 60174September 23, 2017
The benefits of working for ALE are great if you can cope with and get through the sometimes very stressful and overwhelming times. It is a place to work that is not for everyone, but if it fits with you there is a great opportunity for advancement, good benefits, and fun perks. Even though this job didn't work out for me it was still by far one of my favorite places to work. It certainly kept one busy, which is a good thing.
Great starter job
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Saint Charles, ILJuly 17, 2017
Great place to work if you are fresh out of college and are looking for customer services experience. Good exposure to CRM and great people to work with.
Rapid Growth
Marketing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Saint Charles, ILJanuary 20, 2017
As a Marketing Coordinator at ALE Solutions I created several marketing pieces, managed tradeshow logistics, helped plan and execute client and employee events. Many of these events included celebrity appearances which I coordinated. I worked closely with the President, Vice President and CEO of ALE Solutions with reporting, presentations, RFP’s, various confidential business matters as well as travel arrangements. I had the task of seeking out unique promotional items for branding and, always, acquiring the best possible price for them. When needed, I developed marketing materials for distribution. I created ALE’s branded folder for promotional flyers as well as redeveloped the look and feel of other informational brochures for the company. I assisted HR with the development of the first company newsletter, company “year book”, Acronym Dictionary and various employee events and morale campaigns.
I had the wonderful opportunity to grow as a professional at ALE Solutions and that is all due to the leadership.
Pros
Growth Opportunity, helping others
Cons
Work-life balance, benefits, salary grade
Terrible management
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Saint Charles, ILJanuary 19, 2017
This is a stressful chaotic environment. Can be very hostile at times and demanding. The management is very poor and workers are not traded properly. There is a lot of discrimination and sexist behavior coming from management.
account clerk
Accounting Clerk (Temp) (Former Employee) –  Saint Charles, ILJune 28, 2016
• Clerical and administrative support
• Entered and assigned new hotel placement claims
• Assisted with incoming and outgoing company mailing
• Update internal databases spreadsheets and Filing
Exhibited positive attitude and a strong commitment to providing excellent service.
Liked the work, good environment, terrible pay
Security Deposit Assistant (Former Employee) –  St. Charles, ILMarch 14, 2016
I really enjoyed my time with ALE. I wish I would have been able to stay but the pay was nothing to build a life off of. The group I worked with was great but management definitely had their favorite departments which showed. I thought that was unprofessional. Taking breaks was very strict and rigid. Taking time off could be a hassle at times too.
Pros
Great department, Relaxed environment. Friendly people
Cons
Pay, strict breaks
New employee's perspective - joined September '15
New Manager (Current Employee) –  St. Charles, ILMarch 10, 2016
Positives

1. What we do every day: we are trusted to help families, often with nowhere to go, find a roof over their head and provide a friendly, understanding voice on the other end of the phone.

2. The passion of the leadership team to build a strong, vibrant company that cares for employees and clients alike.

3. The team oriented, “whatever it takes” attitude of nearly every employee in the building.

Negatives
While some of the CONs posted may just be unhappy people, many of them have a point. The primary driver behind of nearly ALL of the issues has been the enormous growth the company has experienced.

It simply put too much pressure on a dedicated but undermanned management team. It impacted their ability to hire, train and support their employees to the degree that they would have liked.

The company has invested a considerable amount to address these issues. The organization is beginning to keep pace with its continued growth. If you enjoying truly making a difference, it is a great place to work.
Pros
See below
Cons
See below
Poor management with high school culture
Hotel Department (Current Employee) –  Saint Charles, ILMarch 7, 2016
Half the management team doesn't have a degree or any other experience. They are friends (bartenders/personal trainers) of the owners. It is a VERY high school culture with management and if you get on the bad side of one, you will need to "part ways" with the company for something another employee does daily. They will find a reason to fire you. A lot of gossip and games.

If you offer any kind of improvement you will be told it is not your place and if you speak up again they will let you go.

Employees fear getting fired so they show up to work with fevers and throwing up because management has made statements such as "call ins even with doctors notes can lead to being let go."

Management takes weeks, even months off at time at a time but a request for a day off due to a family reason (funeral with proof) was not approved.

If you are looking for a resume builder (around a year) then it isn;t awful because the co workers are great but management there is lacking.
Pros
Co-workers are great
Cons
immature and poor management, poor hours, low pay
The place to be!
Hotels (Current Employee) –  St. Charles, ILFebruary 25, 2016
I started with ALE almost a year ago and the changes that have taken place in the past 9 months are amazing. The owners really care about maintaining our culture and brand and have created an amazing open work environment. If you are looking for a great place to not just have a job but start a career path look no further!
Pros
Rewarding experiences every day, free lunches, crazy Christmas party!
Cons
Stressful, fast paced
Overall a great company to work for with excellent benefits
National Account Manager Assistant (Current Employee) –  Saint Charles, ILNovember 30, 2015
Great entry level positions available with paid time off. Offers competitive opportunities to move up in the company. Emerging company that allows the chance to succeed.
Pros
Paid vacation and heath insurance
Cons
Stressful at times with call volume
Fun workplace
Hotel Coordinator Assistant (Former Employee) –  Saint Charles, ILOctober 22, 2015
Fun workplace. Helped people who went through natural disasters and placed them into hotels and homes. Would have events on holidays.
Don't walk away RUN!!
Outside Relocation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Saint Charles, ILSeptember 18, 2015
This company is by far the worst. The trainers only train on their time and have their crying kids in the background that take priority over the ones being trained. The management well thats another story in itself, so unorganized, horrible communication skills, very back woods at best.
Pros
Cons
Working there
Booking hotels, setting and confirming check outs, and requesting final billing receipts.
Hotel Coordinator's Assistant (Current Employee) –  Saint Charles, ILAugust 1, 2015
Entering time sensitive insurance claims to gain knowledge and work with the needs of displaced policyholders. Working alongside their insurance adjusters I book and extend hotel stays per adjuster’s approval, set and confirm check outs, and request final billing receipts.
Pros
Benefits and great pay.
Cons
24/7 365 and under staffed.
Works with insurance companies nationwide
National Account Manager Assistant (Former Employee) –  Saint Charles, ILMay 14, 2015
- Exceptional co-workers & team morale
- High-stress, fast paced work environment with unrealistic goals & performance measurements for employees
- Severe favoritism between management and certain employee -- unfair promotions, people being passed up, and undervalued assets
- Inexperienced, unorganized, and secretive management
Pros
5 minutes from home; co-workers; & hour lunches
Cons
Overworked, underpaid, understaffed, and unorganized management
I Enjoy My Experience
Hotel Night Audit Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Saint Charles, ILApril 25, 2015
I have nothing bad to say about ALE. I enjoy my job, am paid well and love what I do. My co-workers are wonderful and the my relationship with management has been fine.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ALE Solutions, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.7InHerSight Score

2.2Personal Development

3.7Career Opportunities

2.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight