Alere Employee Reviews

Recently acquired...
Director Quality (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 18, 2018
Alere was a great place to learn, grow, and to be a positive contributor within the organization. The most enjoyable part of this job was mentoring the team and providing opportunities for growth for other team members.

Organizationally, working with the Operations and Chemistry staff was a true learning experience.
Pros
Opportunities for growth
Cons
Recently acquired...
Fast-paced working enviorment
Medical Assembler and Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CA 92121July 17, 2018
This company has many levels of career advancements. Job duties are a bit difficult same tasks are being performed everyday. Fast paced working environment.
The Job
TECHNICIAN 1 (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CA 92126June 29, 2018
getting along with my co workers loving my everyday job day by day i've learned alot of things when im new to them. hardest part is when my co worker is off and i have to do extra work.
Good people, relaxed environment
Production Chemist (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 4, 2018
I had a flexible schedule and was required to work overtime when necessary to finish my scheduled task. I learned a lot about the industrial chemical process of making test devices. The people were very helpful whenever I had a question. It was a very relaxed atmosphere but did demand excellent work.
Pros
The people I worked with
Cons
a temporary job and not what I was passionate about
Ever changing work place
Immunology Technical Consultant (Current Employee) –  Waltham, MAMay 11, 2018
Good place to work, fair opportunities for advancement and skill development, but poor leadership and constant uncertainty in the direction of the company help make a somewhat unstable and stressful work environment.
Busy job
Document control specialist II (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAApril 26, 2018
Working for Alere started slow. The more you learn the more they pull you left and right with no compensation. A good place to start off at. Traffic to get to this place is horrible!
Get up and go
Operator (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAApril 26, 2018
A robot everyday doing the same thing. Only good side was the employees were friendly. Breaks are good, 2 15 minute break and a 30 minute lunch break.
Difficult, non-collaborative, competitive environment
Global Product Director (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAApril 25, 2018
Doors closed, openly competitive environment. The only way to become part of the culture was to last through reorganizations and become part of the social culture before becoming part of the professional culture. Oldies vs Newbies.
Good products and great people
Process Analyst (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAApril 19, 2018
Alere has been acquired and dissolved so there are no opportunities there. I enjoyed my colleagues and my time there. Once upon a time we played sports at lunch
Pros
smart people
Cons
no longer in business
great
PRODUCTION ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, MEApril 3, 2018
alere is great place i wish every one agree with me i enjoy work at alere is great company so yeah i believe that alere should rise the rate thank you
Pros
Cons
great
Fast pace work
Team Lead Technician (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAMarch 27, 2018
Alere is a good company for newly college graduates. It is hard to advance within the company and the pay is low compared to other labs in the area. Your workday is never consistent; one day you may get off on time and another day you may work 10 plus hours.
Sitting and using headset most of day. Fast thinking required.
Personal Health Consultant (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, COMarch 14, 2018
Spend most of day sitting and answering phones on a headset. Develop rapport with callers. Help many people. Some personalities are difficult, but most feel good about advice given.
Pros
Good pay and benefits.
Cons
Long hours sitting and using headset.
It was a job
Manager (Former Employee) –  NJFebruary 26, 2018
It was simply a job. Nothing special.

Most of the people were easy to work with, my manager was great, other managers (on my team), not so much.

Was promised things in the job posting and interviews that never came about.
Overall great experience
National Product Sales Manager (Urology) (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCFebruary 23, 2018
Enjoyed my time working with Alere. Ever-changing!

I would recommend a career here as the work is both challenging and rewarding. There are often many opportunities to advance your career.
Absolutely HORRIABLE management
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOFebruary 16, 2018
The management here does not care about you! They only care about the bottom line and revenue. You can not have an opinion about anything.The training you receive is poor at best and once you are out on the floor, it resembles a sweatshop environment. Want to complain to HR? Forget it because the manager is best friends with them!
Pros
Nothimg
Cons
R&D focused on developing next generation product
Senior Project Manager, CardioMetabolics R&D (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAFebruary 15, 2018
Work environment became fearful. quality department was well run. Understanding what your manager wants and needs was never well communicated even when clarifying questions were asked to ensure the purpose was understood. This caused confusionand caused goals to not be met.
Pros
Coffee Cart $1 per drink; personal trainers Tuesday & Thursday lunch time
Excellent Benefits
Nurse - Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GAFebruary 14, 2018
Great company, Workload is heavy .Must have medical experience or nursing license to stay on top of Doctor request for service. Must have strong medical terminology
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Heavy workload
Great company
Virology Solutions Specialist, Northeast (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAFebruary 12, 2018
Awesome place to work, great people, compensation was fair. Company got acquired by Abbott, so that might change things a bit. But, hopefully the good aspects of the company will not change.
N/a
Support Consultant/Technical Support Consultant (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAFebruary 9, 2018
Alere is now Abbott, so i can't really write a review. While I was there I truly enjoyed all aspects of my employment. It was a great tem atmosphere.
Productive and great place to work.
Operator 1/ Manufacturing Technician (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAFebruary 8, 2018
Productive workplace. Work related goals were met.
Management knowledgeable of procedures.
Workplace culture 90 percent parallel. Beautiful campus.
Pros
It was great adventure and a new found career path for me.
Cons
Many spoken languages, other than English

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Alere. Our community is ready to answer.