Alerus Financial Employee Reviews

Don't work here
Pension Specialist (Former Employee) –  Arden Hills, MNMay 17, 2018
I am hoping things have changed but this was a terribly demanding job. Our group went to HR a couple of times to bring to light the incredible level of stress that we were under and begged them to hire more people.
Great company with even better benefits
Float Teller (Former Employee) –  Grand Forks, NDNovember 25, 2017
Alerus was pretty laid back and very flexible. The paid time off was incredible. Many more vacation days than I expected, which helped my work life balance.
Alerus Financial
Relationship Banker II (Current Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNNovember 7, 2017
Alerus has great people to work for, but underpays their employees compared to other banks. The benefits are great, and the work is satisfying, though.
Good place to work with a lot of opportunities
Deposit Operations Specialist (Former Employee) –  Grand Forks, NDOctober 28, 2017
I started with an entry-level position and was given many opportunities to advance my career. They were supportive and caring about the work and home life balance.
Fine
Implementation Specialist/Payroll Administrator (Current Employee) –  Albert Lea, MNJune 22, 2017
its an okay place to work. Nice team setting, stay busy with lots to do. Some opportunity to advance which is nice. beautiful building. Alerus is growing as a business
Takes extremely excellent care of their customers
Relationship Banker (Former Employee) –  NDApril 6, 2017
Alerus takes pride in their level of customer service. If they paralleled that time and energy into the development and retention of their top employees, they would soar!
Working at Alerus
Relationship Banker I (Former Employee) –  West Fargo, NDFebruary 19, 2017
The branch I worked at was very small. One of the employees was very unfriendly with new staff. Didn't hide the fact she didn't like new people. She went out of her way to make other uncomfortable. Manage didn't do much about the environment. In the end I quit after a month
Great Bank
Relationship Banker III (Current Employee) –  Grand Forks, NDNovember 8, 2016
I love the culture at Alerus. The company is very personalized to each individual in caring and supporting the goals and progression of each employee.
Retirement Specialist (Current Employee) –  Arden Hills, MNJuly 27, 2016
It has been great to work the people are amazing and the job environment is amazing. They are very customer and employee based. They care about their employees a lot.
Outstanding Company in Growth
Commercial Teller/CSR (Former Employee) –  Minnetonka, MNDecember 5, 2014
Is an outstanding company - I was very busy with client service. My most enjoyable part of the day was meeting client needs and establishing relationships. Hardest part of job was not being able to use my Marketing strengths and project management skills.
Pros
Health Care Benefits
Cons
short breaks
Excellent place to work!
Flex Teller (Former Employee) –  OsgoodJune 17, 2014
Management is organized and easy to communicate with, my co-workers were incredibly knowledgeable and kind to me when I first started. As a teller I learned a lot about bank operations, everyday I learned to do something new to help customers which made day to day work more interesting. I can't speak highly enough about Alerus and it's employees, I cant thank them enough for the experience and knowledge they shared with me.
Pros
friendly people
Cons
frequent company meetings
Friendly atmosphere, great co-workers, solid leaderhip
Relationship Banker (Current Employee) –  Grand Forks NDApril 1, 2014
pretty much summed it up! I enjoy my work. I really enjoy my co-workers. We have a very diverse staff, as far as personality and age group. Everyone works well together. Management knows who most the employees are and what they do. Some of the executives call me by first name and speak with me time to time. Management is good at recognition of outstanding service of front line staff. The day usually goes by pretty quickly as it is fast paced and a fun and friendly environment.
Not a bad place to work.
Member Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Fargo, NDJanuary 6, 2014
Perform teller transactions and other bank related tasks.
Ok company
Pension Contribution Technician (Former Employee) –  Arden Hills, MNNovember 11, 2013
This company is alright. The pay is way below market value and they don't have a ton of loyalty. But if you need a job I suppose it is an alright place to work till you find something better.