Alerus Retirement Solutions

Working at Alerus Retirement Solutions: 7 Reviews

United States7 reviews

Team player environment with exploding growth.

The company had a team player attitude and knew how to pull together to get things done. They have recently been growing at a rapid pace allowing for opportunity for extra hours and cross-training.

Pros

Awesome team player attitude.

Cons

Lots of opportunity for extra hours.

Poor management, dishonest management

Promises made and never followed up on. Very poor management. Does not value employees. Work/life balance not good. Very dishonest company that kept my client commissions and never paid them to me or the other advisors they took over from the company they bought that I worked for.

Alerus Retirement Solutions insights

What people like
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Fair pay for job
  • Clear sense of purpose
Areas for improvement
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging
  • General feeling of work happiness

Very small time feel in a company trying to be in a diverse world.

The culture made it hard to want to go into work everyday. This was much more a job I had and did because it paid the bills. My direct manager was a nice person but didn't help me succeed in the company. The team I was in was also very standoffish.

Pros

Flexible hours, fair breaks

Cons

Very rigid dress code although you never see a customer, no room for individuality

Bad Place To Work. High School Drama

Worked in Arden Hills. Over work you and under pay. No chance to move up or advance. Passive aggressive bosses that are friendly to your face. I would NOT recommend them at all! You will go nowhere fast. And the technology is from 1985. RUN AWAY!

Cons

Great place to work. Great benefits.

Very knowledgeable employees to assist with customer accounts . Traveled to the East coast to give 401)k) presentations to customers employees, and help them with their investing ideas within their 401(k) Plan choices.

Pros

Best place I ever worked

Cons

Offers good benefit package, and generous time off, forward focused

The day consists of confirming that our work done the previous day traded correctly and is paying out properly, receiving all new customer forms and evenly dividing the work among the technicians, carefully managing the order in which they came in. We assess any issues with the forms and resolve any missing information or discrepancies between what is being requested and what is allowed under IRS regulation and plan rules. We carefully and methodically process each form. This sometimes involves communication with our administrators, the HR representatives from the various companies we serve, third party administrators, or the participant who is requesting the distribution. We have a cut off time for our processing, and once we are done processing, we exchange our completed work with other technicians and audit each other's work. Once this work is done, we also process corrections, and manage monthly installments. The hardest part of the job is actually keeping up with all of the work that comes in, and managing the end of the day corrections and installment work. This sometimes requires 10 - 11 hour days - I have even been known to work 12. The most enjoyable part of the job for me is the detail and getting the problems solved. I also enjoy my co-workers.

Pros

Always have more than enough work, company often offers free lunches and treats, company offers generous time off

Cons

There is too much work for the amount of employees, often requiring 10-12 hour days to keep up.

Productive fast paced while still valuing employee opinion.

Fast paced environment while still allowing for flexible schedule.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Alerus Retirement Solutions. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.7 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits