Aletheia House Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Work is important but management is very difficult to work with.
Community Wellness Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALFebruary 10, 2018
Working for this company can provide a sense of helping people who need help. But, the management style is very difficult to deal with. You have to be 1000% Aletheia House or you simply won't last long. Very stressful environment!
Pros
good salary
Cons
bad management
N/a
Drug Court Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Selma, ALJanuary 3, 2018
Typical work day is quick-paced but still a relaxing environment for clients and employees. I love working at Aletheia House its has a family culture.
Prooductive fun working enviornment
Substance Abuse Therapist (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALNovember 26, 2017
Enjoyable work place. Helping the client to reach a goal. Learned how to display empathy and sympathy. Hardest part is when you can not do everything to help the individual.
Very enjoyable
Prevention Specialist (Former Employee) –  Demopolis, ALOctober 30, 2017
The children is why I really enjoyed this job. we had a lot of fun doing different activities and filed trips. When it came to the physical activities we had so much fun. I was the physical activity teacher. I made all of the activities to fit every group of children so that everybody would be satisfied. The last day was field day. I participated in the basketball tournament to show them i knew how to have fun as well.
Pros
great food
Cons
late pay
Rewarding place to work with clients
Drug Court Therapist (Current Employee) –  Selma, ALAugust 30, 2017
Overall, it's a great place to work if you can adapt to change; however, benefits are costly and the traveling is overwhelming if you commute. Although it's a revolving door when working with client dealing with substance abuse the job is very rewarding if you enjoy what you do to help others.
Pros
Salary
Cons
High turnover
A gym on the property is cool
Public Health Intern (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALJune 6, 2017
Aletheia House has a very relaxed work atmosphere. Everybody is very friendly. There is a gym where workers can get a work out after hours free of charge. I think that is awesome. The management is easy and they welcome suggestions from everybody.
A great place to learn about the field but it is not a place where you want to remain long-term.
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALJune 6, 2017
A typical work day was very busy and fast paced. I learned a lot while working at the Aletheia House but you also learned positive and negative things about the company's management, and the unfair treatment of employees. Workplace culture was family oriented and very flexible. The most difficult aspect of the job was being treated fairly and having the same opportunity as my coworkers; management had their favorites. The most enjoyable aspect of the job was working with my coworkers.
Pros
Relaxed working atmosphere and flexibility.
Cons
Unfair treatment.
Great Place but Management is clueless
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  AlabamaJune 1, 2017
Aletheia House employs a multitude of friendly workers and they provide many services for the community. However Management is clueless and there is no training. Its up to you to figure out what to do and there is not direction for any of the programs outside of Birmingham. They attempt to make it seem like a family culture to make up for the downfall of their leadership in management but most of the employees can see right though the b.s.. If you absolutely need a job then its a good spot but if not keep searching.
Pros
decent work environment
Cons
lack of leadership, Management
As nice place to work.
Case Manager/ Recovery Specialist (Current Employee) –  Selma, ALFebruary 14, 2017
Aletheia House is like one big family working together for the good of many. Working at Aletheia House is rewarding, because you know that you are a small part of helping to save lives.
Productive, Friendly company to work for
Prevention Specialist (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALJuly 15, 2015
My time with this company has opened my eyes to new great thngs. I must say a day working for Aletheia House is filled with busy but fun work helping others
Pros
Meeting new people, flexible hours
Cons
no conns at all
Electric Atmosphere
Residential / Childcare Aide (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALJuly 1, 2015
This community-based substance abuse rehab is an exciting company to work for. The most enjoyable part of the day is knowing you will be able to help make a positive impact on a consumer's life.
Great company making a difference
Rural Substance Abuse Drug Treatment Counselor (Former Employee) –  Lawrence CountyFebruary 11, 2015
Aletheia House is a very good place to work if you want to be connected to an organization that cares about the people they are serving. It starts from the Executive Director who is a brilliant business leader but is humblle and down to earth. This is rare. The employees are very friendly and approachable which makes for a supportive and stressless environment.
Pros
Good environment with good pay.
Cons
Last minute meetings are called sometimes but not too often but still frustrating.
Promotes and environment conducive for learning and advancement.
Intern (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALAugust 23, 2014
The hardest part of being an intern at Aletheia House consisted of wanting positive change for individuals who had many barriers in their lives.
Pros
Communion of family
Cons
Negative communication
A special kind of caring
Prevention Specialist (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALJanuary 10, 2014
A typical day of work includes exhibiting a special kind of caring for the clients in whatever capacity needed. Certain areas of management is better than others.
Productive and challenging work place
Accountant (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALOctober 2, 2013
The most important part of my job is keeping up with the government regulations every year.
Pros
You get your birthday off
Cons
Good place to work but growth is hardly likely without a social service degree
Drug & Alcohol Counselor: now case manager (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALMay 29, 2013
Without a social service degree is wouldn't be possible to grow in the agency.
Pros
Vast learning opportunities
Cons
Health care is expensive
Teaching low-income children to have fun and learn about health.
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALJune 25, 2012
A typical day would be the children having a healthy breakfast, such as apples, bananas, crackers, etc. Then we would learn about healthy ways to live, take the kids outside to play, then come in for lunch, have a relax time, learn a bit more, go outside, then wait for parents. I learned more about the campers, my co-workers, and my manager. The hardest part was the last day of the camp. The most enjoyable parts was the time I was there.
Family friendly work place.
Residential Assistant (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALMay 10, 2012
I loved working with my co-workers. COlaberation is key in this facility. The clients were wonderful. The hardest part of the job was setting appropriate boundaries.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
no breaks
Counselor Aide (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALMay 1, 2012
Competing Intake, Discharges, Maintance, Giving Medication, Doing Room Checks making sure Clients complete their chores. Co- Workers was good to work with we worked as a team. Maintance. Working with my co-worker.
Pros
off on weekend
Cons
clients evaluating the staff.