Alex and Ani, LLC Employee Reviews

Very calm place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYFebruary 15, 2019
I enjoyed my seasonal time working at Alex and Ani. I got to know the product a little better and really became addicted to collecting the product. The atmosphere was always relaxing even during the crazy holiday season. Best part was instead of being hurried for dealing with multiple guests as most retails stores are, you only focus on your one client at a time (So greet the guest, help them, and cash them out....onto next guest). I just really wish I could have worked longer with them.
Pros
Discounts, relaxing atmosphere, knowledge of product.
Cons
If seasonal they may not hire you back as part or full time
Great store. Awful management. Barely any hours
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLNovember 17, 2018
I worked at the dadeland location for approximately 5 months. a typical work weeks was about 1 day 4 hrs a week. This store had way too many managers and sales associates for the amount of hours/ customers. Managers at this location have to be the laziest people especially when the store gets busy and they don't want to help. If you're between two retail jobs you'd be better off else where.
Pros
good discount
Cons
no hours, practically no breaks, lack of management or leader skills
Behind the scenes of Alex and Ani
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Garden City, NYNovember 16, 2018
I was a sales associate at Alex and Ani for about 6 months. A typical day would be either morning shift where I would come in 30 min early to open and get everything set up and then doing sales for the rest of the shift. Mid day which was pretty much only selling and keeping the floor looking neat. And night which was just selling and closing at night. I learned how to deal with different personality types, working over Christmas, Mother's day, and Valentine's day gave me keys to multitask very well and dealing with big crowds who are annoyed having to wait or even about just being in the mall. The management was pretty good. Some key holders and managers were not very professional but overall it was a good experience. My favorite part about working there was all of the friends that I made.
fun and laid back environment
Key Holder and Visual Merchandising Lead (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAOctober 26, 2018
When I first started at Alex and Ani, I absolutely loved it. The team was amazing and it was such a great work environment. As time went on, there were shifts in management and unfortunately they did not align with my values and I made the hard decision to move on. Alex and Ani is a great place with great values and a good clientele. I would recommend Alex and Ani to my friends that crave a laid back and exciting atmosphere.
Pros
Ceo, product, company discount
Cons
demanding holiday period, lots of floorsets
Fun and friendly!
Bartender (Former Employee) –  Baybrook, TXJanuary 10, 2019
I worked seasonally for the company and it was a blast! The pay was good and I loved working with the ladies at my location. I worked another job at the time and they were happy to move around my shifts to fit my schedule well.
Pros
Friendly enviroment, good pay and easy selling.
Cons
Season hiring :((
What an AMAZING work experience!!
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Newport Beach, CAOctober 18, 2018
By far this has been my favorite place to learn from! It helps you along the way with customer service, team management, stock count/inventory, etc. I highly recommended this place to anyone looking into retail.
Pros
Discounts, Benefits
Cons
Sometimes can be slow
Awesome Experience
Sales Lead (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 24, 2018
Working At Alex And Ani was a great experience because one working in New York and meeting a great deal of different people. My team was exactly that a team who knew and understood what was our goal as a time and apart of alex and ani.
Very happy working at Alex and Ani
SEASONAL TEAM SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Cherry Hill, NJDecember 13, 2018
I got a great discount and my coworkers were very relatable and cool to work with. My hours were consistent which is very important to me and I got to work with them for the holidays twice.
A place full of positivity
Store Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  San Juan, PRFebruary 12, 2019
There are very few places that let express who you are as an individualand embrace it. You frel good tk worn at the store and frel identified with thw brand
Pros
Discounts and management
Cons
No cons
Nice place to work! Great benefits package!
ASSISTANT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Sevierville, TNJuly 31, 2018
Nice place to work, Advancement opportunities beyond store level are scarce. Working in an outlet was challenging when expected to be on the same level as a retail location, Traffic was different and numbers were hard to hit. The benefit package was one of the best I have seen for management. They also offer some benefits for part time as well.
Fun workplace
Asociado de Ventas (Current Employee) –  Ponce, PRJanuary 13, 2019
A typical day may be slow which helps the costumers with better service. It's a relatively simple job, you sell jewelry, help costumers, handle the cash register, clean and organize drawers.
Pathos driven Company
POINT OF SALES ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILJanuary 17, 2019
Sales associates are taught to connect to each customer. We had to be informed about our products which are eco conscious and designed to create meaningful moments.
Eco-Friendly Work Environment
Customer Experience Representative (Former Employee) –  East Greenwich, RIAugust 16, 2018
ALEX AND ANI is a very eco friendly work environment. Always striving to give back to the community. They are very encouraging for employees to communicate and enjoy each others company. Many events were hosted for employees to participate in with one another.
Aallc
Construction Worker (Former Employee) –  Marion, ARNovember 28, 2018
It was a great job salary was good and they are so helpful to any situation you are having it was one of the best jobs I had I wish I was still there it’s clean and everyone is kind
Pros
Great hours
Cons
Tiring
not bad for a part-time job
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Sarasota, FLSeptember 28, 2018
As a part time job, it was a typical retail position. The only thing I thought was a con was the fact that customers could return basically ANYTHING and get a refund or store credit and believe me, they took full advantage of it.
The company is great I just need weekends off.
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Thousand Oaks, CASeptember 2, 2018
Great discounts and paid vacation !! Excellent health care options and paid sick days. Company values are amazing and the products are on trend and very popular. Their charity work is stand up and they make a great partner to work with.
environment
Picker/Packer (Current Employee) –  East Greenwich, RIJune 14, 2018
As hard as you show effort and dedication to your job you are not notice. Always new hiring Human Resources and Job title does not update unless promoted to management and we are evaluated by Human Resources through our work portal. Which although I perform veriest jobs. My title is only a PICK/PACKER. Not any other. I want to progress and take new challenges.
Pros
easy job
Cons
you will never progress. count favoritism to be promoted
Good retail company
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis-Saint Paul, MNAugust 31, 2018
As retail work goes, this is a very good company. They are mission-driven and make more honorable business decisions than most; they have products employees can stand by.
Pros
Discount on products
Horrible experience
Manager (Former Employee) –  Friendswood, TXSeptember 19, 2018
I had a horrible a horrible experience working with the company. The Lewis family that owns the Texas/Southern region makes it highly impossible to work and love the brand
Worst Job Culture
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Westfield, NJSeptember 14, 2018
Worst Job Culture Ever! Management was horrible all the way from the top into the stores, no one knew what they were doing, and just tried to change things too often!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Alex and Ani, LLC. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Alex and Ani, LLC.

Powered by Comparably