Alex and Ani, LLC Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Nice place to work! Great benefits package!
ASSISTANT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Sevierville, TNJuly 31, 2018
Nice place to work, Advancement opportunities beyond store level are scarce. Working in an outlet was challenging when expected to be on the same level as a retail location, Traffic was different and numbers were hard to hit. The benefit package was one of the best I have seen for management. They also offer some benefits for part time as well.
Decent
Sales (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NY 14620July 22, 2018
Decent place to work. But even if you are a good worker and the old store manager didn’t like you your hours would get cut. Current manager is great, she was an assistant manager before.
Mixed feelings
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLJuly 5, 2018
The company does a lot for charity, but not much for its' employees. They don't offer much room for advancement or any learning opportunities. Other than being offered paid time off for doing volunteer work, there aren't any benefits. They don't promote from within for the store manager and ASM positions which creates a lot of cause for concern when some bangle bartender associates and key holders have been working there for so long that they're the ones training the newly hired managers. The training is lacking extensively at some locations.

Depending on the store, it's very laid back. They have amazing customer service so you rarely deal with unhappy customers. The company is spiritual in a sense and most people who choose to work there are very pleasant to work with. It's a fun job to work if you are in school or in between jobs, but not a long-term solution by any means. If you love the company, you don't have many options for staying with them long-term and being able to fully support yourself.
Pros
50% off all merchandise, volunteer opportunities, fun place to work, nice coworkers
Cons
short shifts, poor training, no room for advancement, don't promote from within
great
Representative (Former Employee) –  East Greenwich, RIJune 26, 2018
Aa a temporary job it was great while it lasted. some days were great some were tough but thats what you get when you work in a call center. good environment with great people
Great mission statement and product. Management style can make or break the work environment.
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Newark, DEJune 14, 2018
Employee training and education is a big focus to drive the brand. As a manager, you need to be able to juggle many tasks, prioritize, and stay motivated. All tasks are done on the floor without office time.
environment
Picker/Packer (Current Employee) –  East Greenwich, RIJune 14, 2018
As hard as you show effort and dedication to your job you are not notice. Always new hiring Human Resources and Job title does not update unless promoted to management and we are evaluated by Human Resources through our work portal. Which although I perform veriest jobs. My title is only a PICK/PACKER. Not any other. I want to progress and take new challenges.
Pros
easy job
Cons
you will never progress. count favoritism to be promoted
Fun work place with great people
Bartender (Current Employee) –  Sterling Heights, MIJune 7, 2018
I love everyone I work with. It'a like a family, except our supervisor sucks at communicating. Easily can be maintained most people know what they want or can be easily helped. After a few weeks product knowledge we be easily memorized.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Hours
Great company
Seasonal Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VA 23233May 19, 2018
I love the environment and I adore the company. I am only seasonal, so I am not getting a lot of hours. I would go full time in a heart beat. A very fun place to work. Added bonus is that I truly believe in their product.
Pros
Work environment, discount, products
Cons
None that I can think of
Okay place to work
Sales Personal (Current Employee) –  Rehoboth Beach, DEMay 15, 2018
It's a okay place to work not good are bad really work with great people. Their products are good also. Working for the Company could be better there is always room for improvement.
Pros
Work with you
Cons
no chance to advance
Positive energy and good atmosphere, little opportunity for growth.
Bartender (Current Employee) –  MichiganMay 1, 2018
The idea behind the company and product is wonderful. Work atmosphere is nice. Management choices are not always stable and the differing styles don't always benefit the company. Those choices can create unfortunate and avoidable work obstacle for other co-workers. As much as I love working for this company, there is no opportunity to grow within, which is extremely disappointing.

Want to know more about Alex and Ani, LLC?

Ask a question
Excellent work environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 12, 2018
If you like a fast paced work environment, this is the place for you. The company was amazing to work for and I enjoyed every second of it. The managers was very nice and welcoming. At times it got very overwhelming with the high volume of customers but it kept you on your toes. I enjoyed working for this company.
Pros
Discount in Jewelry
I love my job
Bartender (Sales Associate) (Current Employee) –  Georgetown, DCApril 9, 2018
I work at Alex and ani in Georgetown Washington DC and I love it ! I love the location , our work environment is relaxed but our top priority is of course customer service ! I love our manegent team , prouduct knowledge can be a challenge but it will eventually come to you naturally . Overall you’ll love it
Great Employees
Assistant Store Manager - Operations (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLApril 6, 2018
Many corporate changes that are affecting the retail environment of the stores. However, employees are great people and really connect and support one another.
Pros
Employees and partnerships with non-profits
Cons
Lack of growth, continuous corporate and management turnover
Productive and fun place to work
Director of IT Infrastructure and IaaS (Current Employee) –  Cranston, RIApril 2, 2018
A fast growing company that offers individuals opportunities to grow and make a difference. Fast pace environment where people help each other to overcome business challenges.
type of work
Manager (Current Employee) –  Cranston, RIMarch 19, 2018
Enjoyed what I am hired to do and I have been able to impact many areas positively. Met many nice people. Not enough opportunitities to advance unfortunately. High turnover especially upper management.
Pros
discount on jewerly
Cons
no leadership
Worst company to work for
Shipper/Packer (Former Employee) –  East Greenwich, RIMarch 16, 2018
WAREHOUSE JOB DISCLAIMER:

If you are an Aerotek employee do not bother working here. They are unwelcoming and will try to abuse you. Management is absolutely ran by untrained, unprofessional, and incompetent people. They are not outspoken, nor speak English and do not live up to their job title. The job is a favoritism game; regulars tend to step all over temp employees (aerotek), that actually want to grow with the company but yet have to deal with malicious, greedy, and hostile regulars.

Management does not care for those in temp positions, they’ll look at you as, ‘Here today. Gone tomorrow.’ Even if you worked those extra hours, remained positive, remained to yourself and worked beyond standard goals; they’ll find a way to minimize you. You’ll begin to realize the ones who really do the work are actually the temporary employees. The regular employees tend to talk maliciously amongst themselves about temps and try their best to discredit any work you do.

If you have been working a few months now, build some interest and now want to be permanent? Good luck landing the job you’ve applied for within the company, they’ll promote any regular employee before employing a hard working temp ANY day. Mind you, these regulars will completely stop working an hour before it is actual time to leave. Some of these permanent employees are old and do not speak English, so if you are bilingual beware of the “BOCHINCHE” in other words, gossip. And If you’re lucky, kind hearted and nice enough to everyone they’ll still find a way to talk dirt of your name.

On that note the management
  more... is very poor, child-like, and no good leadership comes from it oncesoever. You’ll begin to realize this job is high school all over again, when managers like to talk amongst the regulars to get peoples assumptions of others to make false and invalid judgements. The job is not worth it, the pay rate is poor for what you’ll be doing. Trust me you’ll be doing your work plus picking up the slack from those regulars badmouthing your name. Save yourself the time, and stress from this negative environment. Your time and efforts will mean so much more elsewhere than here.  less
Pros
Cons
Management, Regular Employees, Pay Rate
Typical day at work
Seasonal Sales Associate/ Bartender (Former Employee) –  Cranston, RIMarch 14, 2018
Management was pretty awesome. As long as you did what you were responsible for, you were golden. Coworkers were friendly and when it came down to work as a team, tasks were accomplished.
Pros
Discounted product and friendly environment
Cons
Wish there were more opportunities for advancements especially to corporate.
Great Company
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Victor, NYFebruary 28, 2018
Alex and Ani is an amazing woman made company to work for! I absolutely loved every minute of it! I was always made to feel part of the team and my input was always welcomed!
Fun competitive atmosphere.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Woodlands, TXFebruary 12, 2018
Everyday that we would clock in we would have to meet personal goals daily, that added up to our personal weekly goals.
We would have to get a certain UPT % on every customer that we rang up on the register. The UPT went toward our personal goal numbers.
I love the positive vibe from the bracelets, rings, and necklaces we sell. We would meet some of the best customers ever.
Pros
Snacks and Employee Discount
Cons
Short hours
Fair Workplace.
Bartender (Former Employee) –  Garden City, NYFebruary 10, 2018
The job requires a lot of interaction with the customers. You get to know the customers personally. The management at this particular location is not the best. They have terrible communication skills about certain things. The hardest part of the job is learning the meanings of all the symbols and picking which ones to refer to customers when they aren't too sure what they are looking for. After a while you get the hang of it. The overall worst part of the job was management and the hours. Not enough hours compared to when the store first opened. Shifts are usually no more than 5 hours. You may get a 6 hour shift during the holidays. Weekly, you may get up to 15 hours. The company itself is great and has great motives but the local and regional management is not the best.
Pros
Great discount, positive intent company
Cons
Short Breaks, Very few hours, Poor Management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Alex and Ani, LLC. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.9InHerSight Score

2.5Personal Development

3.6Career Opportunities

2.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight