Alexian Brothers Health Systems Employee Reviews

Fun and relaxing
Server (Former Employee) –  Signal Mountain, TNJanuary 27, 2018
I loved working here for the environment and the location. I lived about 10 minutes away for a walk and I loved working with the elderly. The residents there were friendly and socially active with the employees.
Pros
Free lunch/ great foods
Cons
Low wage
Previous Employer Review
Certified Patient Care Technician (PCT) (Former Employee) –  Hoffman Estates, ILJanuary 23, 2018
Accept Cultural diversity
Low pay rate
No employee academic growth opportunity.
Patient care challenging
The environment is impressive for, but the management cares less about your academic growth.
Pros
Pay for break time
Cons
Most staffs are unprofessional
Layoffs
Quality Management Specialist (Former Employee) –  Arlington Heights, ILJanuary 17, 2018
Decent to work for but ongoing lay-offs. Poor communication from leadership to front line workers. Too many mergers that is causing a very unstable climate.
Tech Engineering Support Operations (Current Employee) –  Arlington Heights, ILJanuary 13, 2018
In my department I have great with great people and as well management on my end compare to other dept.Great benefits and can never go wrong with that.
interesting work
Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Elk Grove Village, ILJanuary 7, 2018
I enjoyed the dept that I worked in which was neurology. The topic was fascinating and it was great to be able to assist patients with neuro conditions.
Absolutely wonderful place to work at
Reference Lab (Former Employee) –  Elk Grove Village, ILDecember 28, 2017
awesome people, awesome atmosphere just altogether great and I cant believe indeed is making me write a review this long so anyways yeah this is a waste of time
Review
CNA (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MODecember 20, 2017
Starting pay was OK. But you would defiantly have to work for the little pay you got. There was no over time, the floors were very heavy. And the turn around is ridiculous.
Pros
love the residents
Cons
low pay, poor management, poor staff
To look forward to help and assist my patients
Staff RN (Former Employee) –  Elk Grove Village, ILDecember 18, 2017
Everyday is a learning process, the way I deal with my co-worker the manager and my outside family members of my patients. Work is like a rat race that you have to meet your quota and the hardest part of the job is how to organize your work right on the very start of the day.
Very demanding position
Medical assistant (Former Employee) –  Hoffman Estates, ILDecember 13, 2017
Amazing position for anyone with a true passionn for patient/health care. True passion will help drive you through demanding long hours. Physical demands are high. Long shifts required. Great patient care and amazing learning opportunities. Need to be willing to constantly learn new information and good multitasking skill required.
Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Elk Grove Village, ILDecember 13, 2017
not a great place for an experienced nurse to work - manager is horrible. physicians are great and care is as well. would not return to work there ok no
progressive, community hospital feel highly advanced technology
Patient Safety Officer (Former Employee) –  Elk Grove Village, ILDecember 13, 2017
this organization is advanced in high reliability and transparency, a culture of zero harm and a focus on doing the right thing for patients and families.
First Tech Job
System Administrator (Former Employee) –  Hoffman Estates, ILDecember 6, 2017
Started and a tech and advanced to SysAdmin. Great core group. Small IT group but accomplished great tasks with few resources. Great collaboration with other departments
Pros
Great people
Cons
Merger caused management contention
with new ownership, management has gotten bad
Mental Health Counselor (Former Employee) –  Hoffman Estates, ILNovember 30, 2017
Very poor atmosphere. Management encourages discord among employees. Management does not staff units adequately unless JCAHO is coming for inspection.
Productive and fun work place
Driver/Operator (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNNovember 8, 2017
fun and exciting workplace assisting patient with games, feeding, and assisting patient with their everyday daily living. such as showers, eating and dressing them.
Pros
3 to 4 hours breaks, work at own pace
Cons
insurance
Great people
Assessment Specialist I (Former Employee) –  Hoffman Estates, ILNovember 3, 2017
It was a fast paced job with little downtime and times in which you needed to stay late. Worked with good people and patients. It was difficult to approve time off but management was understanding of emergency situations.
Alexian Brothers Behavioral Health Hospital
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Hoffman Estates, ILNovember 2, 2017
I start my day with morning report and create a patient case load (usually 15 patients per nurse). The ratio is 1 to 15. We typically have about 30 patiients on unit. I am a charge nurse on 2N and overall LOVE my job!I control mileu safety, interact with doctors all day, attend staffings, monitor orders and make sure patient/family needs are met. I do admissions and discharges, and nursing groups.
The management is amazing and I love most of the peers I work with. I feel extremly grateful to have a job! The hardest part of my job is the exhausting amount of work I do for 8 hours staright. There is rarely a break (I do make sure to eat lunch though!). The minute I am done with one task, there is 5 more waiting. The best part of my job is helping my patients. I care so much about them and love watching them grow and feel better. I enjoy doing nursing groups and teaching the patients about thier diagnosis, medications, treatment plans and about the treatment team. The workplace culture is up and down on any given day. We all must make sure we take care of ourselves outside of work, in order to be functioning team everyday, we all know this. We are there for eachoher, but most importantly we work as a team! My boss and unit manager are understanding, clinically amazing and understand we have lives outside of work. They make work fun and relaxed and try to help when the unit needs it! They inspire me and believe in me (always have since I was a new grad). They encourgae me to think outside the box and are the reason why I finally went back to graduate school. I have learned that
  more... nursing is complex and managing my time with paperwork and patient care is half my battle. I have learned that the patient comes first and the paperwork will just have to wait. I became a nurse the save lives and help people. Creating space for my patient and paperwork was my biggest challenege and still can be today. I remind myself to take my time and breathe. I have 8 hours to do it all, not 4. If you like a face-paced enviornment like I do, then this is the job for you! Overall, our perspetive and values in any job is what will get us through the day. I value my company and job. I value my patients.  less
Pros
Fun and loving staff eniornment, amazing management team, patient population is desired field of interest, supportive work friends, flexible hours, understanding management team, inspires me to keep growing
Cons
stressful, short staff, exhausting amount of work everyday
Great Place
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOOctober 31, 2017
Friendly, nice staff. There is a lot of teamwork and help. The nursing staff care about the residents a lot.
This place is pretty cool and laid back.
you will love it.
Productive day at work with poor managment
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Elk Grove, ILOctober 25, 2017
I previously worked for Alexian Brothers Medical center and for the most part it was a decent place to work. But, the management was terrible! They treated veteran employees very poorly and did not compensate for the hard work that employees put in on a daily basis. You could feel the stress levels within the office.

My typical day at work was very planned out but if you are the "new kid on the block" you are definitely treated that way.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Lunches were cut from an hour to a half an hour
My experience at work
RESIDENT CHAPLAIN (Current Employee) –  Elk Grove Village, ILOctober 24, 2017
A typical day at work would be fast-paced with lot of emotions going around. Emotions that are primarily sorrow and sad, that needs immediate intervention. This is the time we pitch in for emotional support. I learned empathetic listening and to be with the patients to help them vent their feelings.
Workplace culture through collaboration was wonderful, a job well done is when we have a team that have the same vision and mission I felt accord at the place I worked.
The hardest part of the job is to see the suffering of children with different conditions, the question always rises "why at these young years that they have to go through all these hardships?".
When the patient recognizes our presence and are happy with our care and give a positive response is the most enjoyable part of the job.
Pros
Safe Environment, Sophisticated equipment, Confidentiality
Cons
Nil
Productive/ Fun
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOOctober 19, 2017
The staff and pay were really awesome here. I only left because I worked night, and it started interfering with my day hours. I really enjoyed the teamwork myself as well from others.
Pros
Relaxed atmosphere
Cons
I have no cons.