Alfa Laval Employee Reviews

Productive, fun, eduacational
ISR (Current Employee) –  Kenosha, WIJanuary 27, 2019
I would love to stay with Alfa Laval, however I must relocate 300 miles away. The crew and management staff have been amazing to work with, and have taught me a tremendous amount of new skills.
Overall Alfa Laval is a good place to work
Project Designer (Current Employee) –  Lykens, PAJanuary 9, 2019
My position is quite challenging most of the time. I have a variety of tasks required of me - design, calculations, modeling, drawings, bills of materials, shop/customer documentation, interaction with sales/customers/vendors/all internall departments including shop floor. I have learned a great deal with respect to job skills and knowledge to communicating personally and written. It follows a high level corporate structure which was not always beneficial to all employees regarding communicating of information. My position is ending due to relocation of the plant and I am unable to follow.
A very high turnover in management.
picker (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJanuary 4, 2019
I worked for 7 different managers. So we were constantly adjusting. Each manager had their own style and goals. Lack of communication in management. I really didn't see advancement opportunities there.
Pros
Close to home
Cons
Was very DOT oriented but very good people
QA / QC Manager (Former Employee) –  Lykens, PA 17048December 17, 2018
Alfa Laval is in a very competitive industry. The competition for the sale of heat exchangers is very tough. Small factories make shell and tube exchangers with a very low cost.
Managment does not reconize younger talent
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 17, 2018
The employees are hard working but verbally unrewarded. Management does not take the time to recognize individual skills and vision of younger employees but rely too much on senior (ready to retire) employees who do not want to advance into future growth.
Great place to work but excessive amount of work load.
QA / QC Manager (Former Employee) –  Lykens, PA 17048December 3, 2018
- The implementation of site quality system and insure that we are in compliance to the requirements of A.S.M.E. and N.B.I.C. for the maintaining our U, R and NB certifications. Quality system requires calibration records of test equipment, material segregation and traceability, welder qualifications, traveler system, engineering calculations and U1 data packs.
- NDE on vessels that are required by code and/or customer specifications.
- Review customer specifications and evaluate cost additions and application to the type of vessels being fabricated.
- Insure compliance during fabrication process that welding, NDE, hydrostatic / pneumatic testing, paint systems and final packaging as per P.O. and approved drawings.
- Write and revise NDE procedures, WPS / PQR’s etc. for engineering till they come back from clients with status 1 standing.
- Schedule all PMI, RT, 3rd party inspections for hold points and prefabrication meetings.
Pros
Allowed to investigate to the fullist.
Cons
Consolidation of multipal jobs to be performed to the extent of 5 times from the original starting
Rather be in the bread line.......
Laborer/Operator (Former Employee) –  Lykens, PAOctober 3, 2018
Poor environment to work in, gossip, anger, infidelity and hate run deep. Management is only worried about fudging numbers to look good for corporate puppets in Sweden.
Pros
builds a strong mental toughness in employees
Cons
feels like your on a treadmill, always working, but never getting anywhere.
Use to be a great place to work.
Material handler (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INSeptember 15, 2018
Managers don't know how to manage and turn over rate with mangers has been high for 5 yrs. But they are working on expanding and hopefully things will start to be. Also human resource do not stand or help the employees. They need a union.
Pros
Great benefits and lots of Seasonal partys
Cons
To many meeting, not enough employees for the amount of work always overtime.
Production (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAAugust 28, 2018
Solid business. European model really favors the employees with benefits and perks. They do open and close facilities without much hesitation. Overall good work and benefits.
COllabrative Work
Part-Time Contract (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAAugust 9, 2018
Good Team Work. Liked the staff and environment. The only down fall is that it is a workshop. You work a lot of hours to complete the jobs that you are given. This requires a ton of overtime.
ZERO work/life balance
Associate I (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAJuly 5, 2018
No room for advancement unless you have a Engineering Degree
Working the laborers 56 hours per week since January 1st. Associates have gotten hurt due to fatigue, management does not care, it's all about the business only.
Good place to work, close to home
IT Service Desk Analyst (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VA 23231June 7, 2018
user support, managing ticket queue and customer satisfaction
learned various support techniques for troubleshooting to resolve issue. Learned how to administer new applications and programs
workplace culture: Innovation, Sales, Customer Service
enjoyed working with my team
Pros
ability to work from home, friendly environment
Cons
micromanager supervisor
Great Company
Market Sales Manager - VOT (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAMay 23, 2018
Excellent company but unfortunately they have frequent reorganizations and I was caught in a reduction of force only six weeks into my position. They were very generous and kept me on through the end of the year. I was one of more than 700 people let go but they did provide outplacement assistance
Pros
Great people, Great Products
Cons
Did not get to stay long
Not what it appears to be
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  USAMay 11, 2018
I have learned that you can ask direct questions during the interviewing process and only find that the answers were direct lies. I asked about Retention and why the person left with whose position I would be taking. I was told retirement. There were 6 people after that persons retirement which was not disclosed. Each left due to the internal conflicts in the department.

The job is not hard at all. The hardest part is to stay out of the Drama. Management also doesnt understand confidentiality.
Pros
you get paid regulariy
Cons
lies
Financially solid company with good work atmosphere.
Regional Sales Manager - Western U.S (Former Employee) –  Wood Dale, ILMarch 5, 2018
As a Regional Sales Manager I was allowed/expected to work on my own with little day-to-day supervision. Sales and management goals were set and management worked to help achieve those goals.
Pros
Great company
Great Heat Exchanger Experience
Project/Design Engineer (Former Employee) –  Sarasota, FLFebruary 20, 2018
Would be a good place to work once it's making a larger profit. Good company they just need to get profitable again. That will change the atmosphere into a better work place.
Good money very poor managment.
Welder/Fabricator (Former Employee) –  Tonawanda, NYNovember 7, 2017
Was a real nice place to work. I enjoyed many of the jobs that i have worked on over the 3 and a half years i worked there. But the truth is the managment is very poor and do not care for their employees, they are very unprofessional treat you like you do not matter. They implement some of the craziest rules that result in constant disciplinary actions. Certain individuals get away with what ever they please while many other take the heat. As far as the shop employees go i had a nice time working with most of them, many were very helpful and pleasant to work with. If managment treated their employees with more respect this place would be great.
Pros
Good pay, union shop
Cons
Managment is terrible
Management is clueless and unprofessional
Welder (Former Employee) –  Tonawanda, NYNovember 4, 2017
The employees were great to work with but management made it hard to do a good job, they were more interested in quantity over quality. Management lacked leadership and that made for a terrible working environment
Pros
Weekends off, union shop
Cons
Short break, horrible management
Sadly what its on job desceiption does not match what the company is.
Assembly Technician (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 26, 2017
There is no proper training , always rushing because they can't have their parts on time and when they get there you have to re work it. Dont waste ur time
Not Enough Pay
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Sarasota, FLSeptember 22, 2017
Not a place to work if you want a career. You work hard all day then get a small paycheck at the end of the week. You will learn how to do a lot of work whether you are certified or not.
Pros
Great Learning Experience
Cons
pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Alfa Laval. Our community is ready to answer.