Alford Home Solutions Employee Reviews

Not worth your time.
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Saint Albans, WVDecember 23, 2018
Unless you are continuing to look for employment during your TEMPORARY employment at this company then it is not worth your time to work for this company Fellow employees will stab you in the back in a minute, management will fire you in a heartbeat. This place is drama, drama, drama hidden behind the illusion of a company that cares about "family values". Don't fall for it... they only care about Alford family values
Pros
The day they let me go
Cons
Everything minus a paycheck
A great company and coworkers
Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Saint Albans, WVJune 15, 2018
I have worked for this company only for a short time but so far it's been great. The starting pay is more than fair and above average for most companies in this area. The benefits are decent as well. I love that it's paid holidays and no weekends. In the short time I've been here, they've had two employee focused functions and gatherings just to appreciate the entire staff. I think that's going above and beyond which makes the environment easier to work in. The president of the company is very soft spoken but very effective in running this company. The CFO and HR Director work really well together and try to be as helpful as can be with any issue that comes up. I do wish there was more structure in place as far as training goes, but everyone will pitch in a hand to help even if it's not "their department". All of the managers from pest control to production are extremely out going and kind. I can see this being a company I stay with for some time.
Pros
Great pay, hours, holidays off, no weekends, helpful managers, family enviornment
Cons
lack of training structure
Stop by and see for yourself
Management (Current Employee) –  Saint Albans, WVJune 11, 2018
In the beginning of 2018 there were major changes within the company that were long overdue. There were people that were turned over in very important roles that were holding the company back and even hijacking it. These people were not happy with their dismissals, see the recent bad (and FALSE) reviews. Most of these folks are just miserable people in general and look to make everyone else the same. We are all happy that they are gone and just wish they would move on. This is a great place to work and the company is always looking for hardworking people not looking for a handout. The pay is very competitive and the benefits are more than adequate. Come see for yourself and don’t let a few negative nellies discourage you from something good.
Pros
Co-Workers, Pay, Product Offerings
Cons
Run far away! Don’t waste your time!
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  St. Albans, WVMay 24, 2018
Since the new owner has taken over and the new CFO was hired, company is a stressful horrible place to be. Employees throw each other under the bus for their own gain. If you are an asskisser then you are good. They don’t care about their employees only about the bottom dollar and how much money they can make. It isn’t about customers or employees anymore. There is no opportunity for advancement. And you have no job security at all. You could go into work on day and be fired because they feel like it. This company should and will continue to decline as long as the current management is there.
Pros
Cons
Backstabbing employees, management
Awful place to work
Skilled Laborer (Former Employee) –  Saint Albans, WVMay 22, 2018
This place was ran very poorly and the human resources did not care about their employees. I got hurt because of a boss' lack of knowledge and the staff there just brushed it off. My nose was broken and I couldn't see for several days.
Professionals seeking employment beware
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Saint Albans, WVMay 21, 2018
Staff is immature, many are inexperienced. They do not provide adequate training. Staff spies on one another. Alford cuts corners on paperwork. Not a good place to work.
Pros
Full lunch hour
Cons
Unprofessional work environment
Exactly as desribed from other reviews accept for the one
Laborer (Former Employee) –  St. Albans WVMay 11, 2018
Used to be a great place to work, nice coworkers and no micromanaging. Since they hired the new CFO who is a idiot and that new mousy HR girl, moral has sunk faster than the Titanic. A lot of the present employees are looking for other jobs. Health insurance is unaffordable for the salary they pay. Don't waste your time with this company, I look for them to fold in the near future if things stay the way they are.
Pros
Cons
New manage practices, owner of company doesn't appreciate employees
Look elsewhere
Construction Department Manager (Former Employee) –  Saint Albans, WVApril 29, 2018
Alfords has become a greed driven organization. The owners are awesome people, but the current President, CFO and HR Director are truly awful people who don't care about their employees, only the bottom line. They see employees as nothing more than expendable and don't hesitate to fire someone who won't conform to their poor moral business practices.
Pros
Cons
Everything else
Former Construction Worker
Construction Worker (Former Employee) –  St. Albans, WVApril 28, 2018
Management changes made it impossible keep on working there. Had GPS on vehicles to track where you were at all times, couldn't even stop for restroom break without them asking you why you were at this location. New CFO is a moron.
Pros
Good fellow employees to work with
Don’t do it!
Previous Experience (Former Employee) –  Saint Albans, WVApril 28, 2018
One star is too much. The culture built over the past 50 years by the actual owners, who are wonderful people, has been ruined by greed and poor upper management hiring. Unfair and inconsistent business practices depending on who you are and policies enforced or granted for some and not others. Invest your time and talents elsewhere. Those making decisions are in it for a quick greedy $ and not for the long haul. Tremendous turnover and the culture is now hated by good employees, well the ones that are left anyway.
Pros
Actual owners are wonderful people!
Cons
Poor management and declining quality
Culture is awful!
Event Manager (Former Employee) –  Saint Albans, WVApril 15, 2018
This company used to be amazing. Once their CFO was hired, the entire culture of the organization changed. I understand that there was a need to tighten up on behavior and spending, but they sucked every bit of energy left in the company. They love to hand individuals with tenure a letter letting them know that they are fired without reason. They have no care in the world for their employees. Only the dollar.
Pros
How the company used to be.
Cons
Staff
Alford's is a great company with a lot of experience in a number of fields from Pest Control to Construction and other services..
Construction Lead Man & Laborer (Current Employee) –  Nitro, WVAugust 11, 2012
I have worked for Alford's since 2004, I have a lot of respect for a small company that is locally owned.. There has been a lot of changes with Alfords since 2004.. Our company has grown to almost 30 people.. We offer a lot of services now than we have ever offered before from Pest Control to our Construction department.. We now offer 4 Season Patio and Sunrooms.. Our company has a high expectation from there employees we all go through a criminal back ground check drug screening as well.. I’m a lead man with the construction department supervising 4 to 6 men.. I have a great crew and enjoy working with these men knowing that the job will be done correctly in a timely manner.. The hardest part of the job with my company would be in a crawl space that is sometimes a cinder block high preforming different duties.. I have learned a lot with this company from different pest control solutions to options for correctly fixing a problem that is to be fixed the correct way..
Pros
great supervisor, great crew, good working environment..
Cons
health care isnt affordable..

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Alford Home Solutions. Our community is ready to answer.

1.8