Algood Food Company Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Job not bad premix is the hardest job in the plant
Premix operator (Current Employee) –  Lawrenceburg, KYMay 1, 2018
Premix is most labor position in the plant. The shifts are 12hrs but you do get weekends off. Every four months you get a bonus if you run well. It has a point system amd if you reach 7 points you will be fired.
This was a great place to work
Maintenance Machinist (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYMarch 4, 2018
This was the only job I have ever had where I did not encounter a single unpleasant person or anyone who did not enjoy being there. The plant was fairly relaxed and though the schedule was kind of strange the hours were not bad. Management were extremely helpful and involved. The benefits were extrodinary for such a small company. As a maintenance machinist, it was a tad boring since not much broke in the plant. Lots of peanut butter! Not a good job for someone with nut allergies but overall the best company I have ever worked for
Pros
Good people, good benifits, generaly a great place to work
Cons
Not very exciting
Lack of support
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJanuary 5, 2018
The management tell you to use your best judgement and when you do falling back on the rules of the plant they change ti please them, so you tought one way but your wrong once do the task.
Pros
Some of the people
Cons
Lack of support
Not a fair place to work
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceburg, KYJuly 15, 2017
Poor workplace. The regular employees were great and friendly but the staff was not fair. I got laid off and never called back when i was a very hard worker.
Pros
Many breaks
Cons
Never call in because they will fire you
Fun, easy going atmosphere
Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceburg, KYMay 16, 2016
Algood is a great place to work! It was very laid back! Event though it was, we still got the job done. Highly suggest applying here because you'll love the job!
office sanitation
sanitation worker (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYNovember 4, 2015
The pay is good till you realize you work your butt off everyday and that you are the lowest paid person there because office sanitation does not get production pay and no one gets sick days there but the office and lab people
A productive exciting environment to work.
QA/Micro Technician Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYNovember 2, 2015
Everyday working for Algood was different. There were always different challenges that made it fun to approach work each day. One of the things that I learned good management leads to happy productive workers and an overall pleasant environment. We had a very diverse team that communicated well together. The most challenging part of the job was the antagonistic relationship between quality and production. This is resolved with a willingness to communicate for efficiency and quality. The relationships formed was the most enjoyable part of the job.
Pros
the training and resources for continued development.
Cons
challenging shifts and hours
Production Superintendent (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceburg, KyJune 15, 2015
Great people, great environment, room for future growth meaning they believe strongly about promoting from within , manageable work schedule, I'd highly recommend to anyone.
Pros
Environment, work schedule, people
Cons
Had to balance daily, the production and the quality of producing safe quality food. And ensuring my emploees were also safe!
Production Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYApril 14, 2015
Hourly monitoring of all employees procedures to ensure company compliance. Constantly reviewing daily documentation, payroll, shipping, cleanliness, etc. Upper Management did not want to give me answers when a problem arose. So I made the decisions based on my knowledge and expertise in producing safe quality food.
Pros
Benifits
Cons
Good people and a management staff that really seems to care for the employees
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYFebruary 12, 2015
Good place to work other than the people with my position have no opportunity for advancement. Good benefits and bonus programs
Pros
bonus programs, pension plan
Cons
no room for advancement
Good Company

good people

easy work
No advancement opportunities
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYSeptember 5, 2014
In the position I have I am not able to advance or promote to a higher position and can not transfer to other departments within the company.
Pros
Understanding management team
Cons
horrible hours and no advancement opportunities.
Hard Work
Quality Assurance/ Quality Control Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  LouisvilleNovember 25, 2012
If you can handle factory work, this is the place for you. Working in the lab, was taxing, especially in the factory setting. It wasn't simply working in the lab, it was plant start-up as well.
Great small business
Quality Assurance Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYOctober 11, 2012
Alggod Foods is a wonderful small business in Louisville, Kentucky. I appreciate that it is still family-owned. The owner treats every employee as a member of the Algood Family. They provide 100% of the benefits. Wages/Salary are above average. The only downside, the shifts are not ideal.
Pros
great wages, awesome benefits, and ideal atmosphere.
Cons
less than ideal shifts