Algood Food Company

Algood Food Company Employee Reviews

Work-Life Balance

Long days

Very clean place to work. Organized for the most part. It’s a solid place to work. It just 12 hour days on your feet. Not much to fix since the place runs well 24 hours a day most of the time. That could drive a busy body maintenance guy crazy to stand around until a changeover is needed on line.

Pros

Free peanut butter. Decent pay

Cons

Long days and odd hours.

Good pay/Benefits. Poor leadership and management

Worked for the company for several years. Work was easy, but sometimes strenuous. Other times it was fast paced and rushed. Management was inconsistent/ Maine supervisors cared about quality of work and your well being, while others actively undermine you if you don’t follow vague company policy. Work environment was very clean and well kept. Most people there will listen to your issues, but rarely are they addressed.

Pros

Good work/Life Balance and excellent benefits

Cons

Management is hard to deal with, and is inconsistent in practice.

a lot of unhappy people

a very uncomfortable place to work. A lot of people unhappy with management and no one talked to anyone. Was not a good place to work. Management was not easily approachable

Better know your job Quickly or they won't keep you.

Very good people. But management needs improvement. Better learn your job right, or they will get rid of you. Liked my job,but they had me doing 3 jobs,and needed 1 job. 3 jobs was to hard to comprehend.

Great place to work and pay was good

Great place to work . Upper management made themselves available to communicate with when you had problems on the floor. Co workers worked well together without close supervision.

Your experience matters.

Help out others considering your employer. Rate your employer.

laid back/ good pay an benefits

its laid back, the machines really do the work, its yo job to make sure its running rite. plus u can sit down on the job. Great pay an benefits, I work the weekend shift, 12 hrs days. Friday Saturday & sunday, 36 hours, an get paid for 40

Poor management causes major team problems.

Decent pay, but horrible hours in production. Shipping and receiving dept is ran horribly. Mandatory overtime is a must in production Mon -Thurs resulting in 12 hour workdays.

Good place to work! Very clean facility!

Algood was a decent place to work. I never had any problem with employees or my responsibilities at Algood. The only reason I ever left was because I lived a little too far away from the factory.

Pros

No micromanaging

Cons

Shifts were a little odd

Poor management

If you come here with good intentions you won't be here very long. This company will ask your opinion about things and once you give it to them they will take it wrong. My manager did not want to deal with issues, as a result, I was fired and labeled a trouble maker. No one is happy at Algood, management is such hypocrites because they get sick days, the lab workers get sick days and the warehouse workers and security have to use bonus days or vacation days when they call in because they are on the point system. Whatever happened to lead by example? I've seen people here fired for the smallest infractions and other workers do as they please and no one says anything. I'm pretty sure this place loves to fire people for whatever reason. I've seen at least two or three people get fired here in a week. Don't walk from this place, run!

Pros

Clocking out

Cons

Treated like dirt

Fast Paced

Long hours and would work on scheduled days off and had to constantly assist production. Food grade environment. Growing business. 12 hour shifts. Small amount of employees.

Jobs at Algood Food Company

See more jobs

Family Oriented

.This is a family oriented work environment. I would highly recommend working here. There is a lot of room for advancement and they always are looking to promote within.

Job not bad premix is the hardest job in the plant

Premix is most labor position in the plant. The shifts are 12hrs but you do get weekends off. Every four months you get a bonus if you run well. It has a point system amd if you reach 7 points you will be fired.

This was a great place to work

This was the only job I have ever had where I did not encounter a single unpleasant person or anyone who did not enjoy being there. The plant was fairly relaxed and though the schedule was kind of strange the hours were not bad. Management were extremely helpful and involved. The benefits were extrodinary for such a small company. As a maintenance machinist, it was a tad boring since not much broke in the plant. Lots of peanut butter! Not a good job for someone with nut allergies but overall the best company I have ever worked for

Pros

Good people, good benifits, generaly a great place to work

Cons

Not very exciting

Lack of support

The management tell you to use your best judgement and when you do falling back on the rules of the plant they change ti please them, so you tought one way but your wrong once do the task.

Pros

Some of the people

Cons

Lack of support

Not a fair place to work

Poor workplace. The regular employees were great and friendly but the staff was not fair. I got laid off and never called back when i was a very hard worker.

Pros

Many breaks

Cons

Never call in because they will fire you

Fun, easy going atmosphere

Algood is a great place to work! It was very laid back! Event though it was, we still got the job done. Highly suggest applying here because you'll love the job!

office sanitation

The pay is good till you realize you work your butt off everyday and that you are the lowest paid person there because office sanitation does not get production pay and no one gets sick days there but the office and lab people

A productive exciting environment to work.

Everyday working for Algood was different. There were always different challenges that made it fun to approach work each day. One of the things that I learned good management leads to happy productive workers and an overall pleasant environment. We had a very diverse team that communicated well together. The most challenging part of the job was the antagonistic relationship between quality and production. This is resolved with a willingness to communicate for efficiency and quality. The relationships formed was the most enjoyable part of the job.

Pros

the training and resources for continued development.

Cons

challenging shifts and hours

Great people, great environment, room for future growth meaning they believe strongly about promoting from within , manageable work schedule, I'd highly recommend to anyone.

Pros

Environment, work schedule, people

Cons

Had to balance daily, the production and the quality of producing safe quality food. And ensuring my emploees were also safe!

Hourly monitoring of all employees procedures to ensure company compliance. Constantly reviewing daily documentation, payroll, shipping, cleanliness, etc. Upper Management did not want to give me answers when a problem arose. So I made the decisions based on my knowledge and expertise in producing safe quality food.

Pros

Benifits

Cons

Good people and a management staff that really seems to care for the employees

Good place to work other than the people with my position have no opportunity for advancement. Good benefits and bonus programs

Pros

bonus programs, pension plan

Cons

no room for advancement

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Algood Food Company. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Algood Food Company Reviews by Location