Alight Solutions Employee Reviews

Stressful workplace, but great colleagues and management
Customer Care Representative (Current Employee) –  San Juan, PRNovember 7, 2018
This job is NOT suitable for people who are prone to anxiety, and not recommended for family persons. Every time you are assigned a new client you have to undergo further training and management changes your schedule. Your 9-6 could easily turn into 3PM-12AM if the client requires as such. However, co-workers are extremely supportive and everyone radiates energy and eagerness to help, at least within the office.
Pros
free coffee, supportive colleagues
Cons
inconsistent schedule, stressful work environment
Poor managers
Customers service rep (Current Employee) –  Orlando flNovember 6, 2018
It's sad how the client treat the employee like they s*** they said that an employee they was on professional training right when it comes with a client that introduced didn't train you write improper right on a client. For me I would not represent somebody to work there because it's horrible the way to treat people on Fair or because of your color because it was your race is and I think it's unfair to who try to work hard and be the best they can
Fun and inclusive organizational culture
Client Specialist (Current Employee) –  San Juan, PRNovember 2, 2018
Alight San Juan has a fun and fresh work environment and I would recommend our office to anyone. Very diverse and inclusive workforce. In my case, I don’t work in the call center. As a Client Specialist, I work under our administrative area, directly with our local PR clients and their insurance carriers to manage their employees’ benefits eligibility. Workload can sometimes be too much, but it’s quite a collaborative environment. Outside of the busy season, there’s plenty of work-life balance. Many growth opportunities since most recruitments are done internally and have aligned training. We have colleagues with varied backgrounds, but if you studied HR and want to learn about benefits, you should definitely consider Alight as your starting point.
Pros
Fun culture, great benefits, flexible schedule, free coffee
Cons
Pay for administrative jobs could be better, more office parties would be nice
Flexible place to work
Sr. Financial Operations Analyst (Former Employee) –  ConnecticutOctober 29, 2018
The finance group at this company has horrible management and processes. We are also not provided adequate equipment to complete our jobs successfully and timely.
Pros
Work/Life Balance, virtual work
Cons
cutthroat, poor management and communication
Depends on which department
Health Client Specialist (Current Employee) –  The Woodlands, TXOctober 29, 2018
Overall good place now that I'm in the back office lack of flexibility when on the phones. Strict schedule favoritism is seen in customer service . I'm glad I moved to the back office and there is more leadership visablilty and you can tell career development is goal.
its okay to work here
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCOctober 24, 2018
its okay to work here just have to have a nice sup and you can make thoughout the day. you have backstabbers in every call center so that nothing new. just stay to yourself and you willbe okay
I was a leader and resource to team
Advocate 3 (Former Employee) –  Lincolnshire, ILOctober 23, 2018
I was a Swiss army knife. My role was to do all and be all. I filled in the gaps as needed.. Management gave me a project and left me alone to complete it.

The hardest part of my job was asserting as an individual.

I enjoyed developing and growing others.
You can learn as much as you want
National DC Benefit Sr Practice Mgr (Current Employee) –  Lincolnshire, ILOctober 15, 2018
There's never a point where you can't choose to learn something new. You can drive your own experience at Alight. Most managers wll support you in whatever you want to do.
Pros
Remote working
Cons
Constant reorganization and layoffs
Alight solutions (the woodlands tx)
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  The Woodlands, TXOctober 13, 2018
It's somewhat stressful working here, maybe it was just the environment of the one I worked at. Employees here love to gossip, the location I worked at really hired any and everybody. We had a lot of rude employees that would talk about customers while on the phone with them thinking the mute button was on and working which caused a lot of problems. The managers are rude and don't really care about the people who work here.
Pros
benefits and pay
Job is very challenging
Defined Contributions Client Specialist (Current Employee) –  Lincolnshire, ILOctober 9, 2018
Fast paced, ever changing environment, but is challenging and rewarding. Team oriented so your always working together with others on any given project, but are given ample opportunities to show your skills. The flexibility is a real plus!
Pros
Flexibility
fghj
Build Engineer (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDOctober 5, 2018
Agile working is a way of working in which an organization empowers its people to. work where, when and how they choose – with maximum flexibility and minimum. constraints – to optimize their performance and deliver “best in class” value and. customer service. It uses communications and information technology to enable.
Great job
Appeals Specialist (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLOctober 5, 2018
A typical day at work included several phone calls in regards to appeals. Most employers offer medical insurance benefits, my job was to administer these benefits or assist the employees who had the benefits but failed to submit required documents in the time frame, I gave the necessary instructions to have them reinstated. I've learned patience, communication skills and different learned about different benefits such as 401k, Pension.. etc
The hardest part of the job is that it can be a bit challenging to deescalate the upset customers however after a while I was able to get the hang of it.
Pros
Weekly pay, great pay
Cons
Very repetitive
I love my job and have no intention of leaving it
Client Specialist (Current Employee) –  VIRTUALOctober 4, 2018
I love my job and have no intention of leaving it. I work virtually and the company offers flexibility and also gives us the options for education reimbursement as well as leaves and pto. I love this company
Do not have one
HRBPO Specialist (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCOctober 4, 2018
I think overall alight is an okay company to work for. The pay does not fit the cost of living for it's employees. The pay does not fit the work that is requred of it's employees.
good working place
Mailroom Clerk (Former Employee) –  The Woodlands, TXOctober 3, 2018
Good working place and good people, learned a lot, a good work out. the pay was ok and the management was good. it did take over a year to get hired by Alight and I didn't even get hired by Alight, I got hired by CBI
Alight is a up and comming private equity Company
Director of Finance (Current Employee) –  Lincolnshire, ILOctober 3, 2018
I have been with Alight for over 16 years. Alight was formerly Aon Hewitt which was formerly Hewitt Associates. My typical day can consist of supporting our Business Leaders on client contractual issues, looking at financial P&Ls to provide analytics to leaders, or even helping mentor a peer.
Productive and challenging work environment
Client Technology Analyst/Project Manager (Current Employee) –  The Woodlands, TX - VIRTUALSeptember 30, 2018
Very productive place to work;
works virtually everyday (and some weekends);
very analytical and detailed;
works on different client projects;
technical and project mgt are very important skills
Hewitt to Alight
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  VirtualSeptember 27, 2018
Hewitt was bought out by Cornerstone. They now own Alight (formerly Hewitt/Aon Hewitt). They are still trying to figure out who and what they are. When we started with Hewitt, we had outdoor picnics consisting of a hamburger with lettuce and tomato, chips and a soft drink - all were free. One day, we got the hamburger without lettuce and tomato. Then the chips were gone. Eventually the soft drink was gone. This helps to explain who Alight is in comparison to Hewitt.
Cons
It is a new company trying to find its feet.
Friendly group of people in our department. Engaged Director with open door policy.
Senior Strategic Sourcing Manager (Current Employee) –  Lincolnshire, ILSeptember 22, 2018
A typical day involves a lot of communication and collaboration with both the internal business units and Insight's supplier base. Management is very engaged and willing to help at all times. I have learned how to engage more effectively, and my communication skills have improved. The culture is fast paced and very intense. The hardest part of the job is keeping on top of all the projects that are assigned to me. The most enjoyable part of the job is working alongside the other employees in my department.
It is a people business
Benefit Specialist (Current Employee) –  FloridaSeptember 19, 2018
Great company for those looking to work constructively to help others. I started working at Alight looking to help people and to be cared about as a person, however there are aspects of the company that make the company less of a business for the people who work there and solely for the people who benefit from the company's outward performance.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Alight Solutions. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

3.2InHerSight Score

2.4Personal Development

3.7Career Opportunities

3.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight