Alight Solutions Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Good company, but not expect to get much career opportunity
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Lincolnshire, ILJuly 17, 2018
I have been an employee at Alight for years. I have never seen any room for advancement. Good pay, ok benefits, but not much else.

I think of this job as a job that pays the bills and nothing else.
Pros
pay higher than competition
Cons
bad work life balance, career opportunity not existent
Stressful and underpaid.
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Puerto RicoJuly 1, 2018
High school popularity contest in order to keep or get a raise at this job.
No job security , they can fire you with no warning and no excuse need be given. Overall a bad place to work if you plan to make a future.
Pros
Cons
Stressful, no overtime pay, no job security, bad management.
Its ok for a while
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE II (Former Employee) –  San Juan, PRJune 29, 2018
The job is ok for a while. Meaning 2 years but not more than that. While I was there the amount of work that I was doing needed three more representatives. What I'm trying to say is that the company sees a human and seems to think: "awesome, three customer representatives for the price of one!". Meanwhile, you're overworked, stressed out of your mind, your body hurts, and you know that you're not being paid fairly. Some people get a 25 cent (or less than that) raise every year. Others get nothing. Also, you obviously get to know your colleagues in the continental US so you KNOW (because they tell you) that from the moment they are hired they are making more money than you and your colleagues who have been in the San Juan office for 3+ years. Also the colleagues in the continental US get paid a few dollars more for being bilingual. That doesn't happen in P.R. You can also find managers that are very unprofessional in the sense that they think the workplace is still a place to have High School like cliques, it's embarrasing.
Pros
Health benefits, location
Cons
Absurd amounts of work, some managers are extremely unprofessional
Company Offers Great Benefits, but doesn't always value their people
Analyst (Former Employee) –  ConnecticutJune 29, 2018
It is customary and almost expected to put in 50+ hour work weeks just to be able to stay on top of your work load,however, most are exempt from overtime so the work/life balance and reasonable compensation for the amount of work is not proportionate. Also, a lot of jobs are moving offshore to India rather than fill positions internally or with workers onshore.The best part would be the flexible schedules, and the hardest part would be remaining engaged as a whole with overall compensation and recognition being areas needing major improvements.
Pros
Flexible Schedule
Cons
Expected Long Hours and no Overtime Pay
Apply directly don't use a Randstad
Customer Service Analyst (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 26, 2018
Randstad is trash no job security at all. Can fire you whenever or for whatever. You just answer the phone's and enroll people for benefits,rest their password etc. Nothing complicated.
It's a fine company but it's growing fast & has the pains that accompany fast growth
Workday Consultant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 21, 2018
Overall, it's a good company but there can be a lot of worker turnover, meaning managers and/or employees can be assigned & reassigned among the clients. It can be unsettling for someone not accustomed to continuous change.

Collaboration with colleagues can be difficult as the workforce is global across numerous time zones & many local colleagues work from home thus limiting personal interactions. Usually, everyone is pretty busy & have limited availability to help out.
Pros
Good company with good people & good benefits
Cons
Too much process, i.e. too much measuring, record keeping, tracking, meetings, emails. Not enough training.
Professional workplace and friendly environment
Customer Care Representative II/HR-BPO (Current Employee) –  San Juan, PRJune 21, 2018
Working at this company gave me a great experience and opportunity on HR Customer Care (call center), being my first time. This experience has allowed me to gain more communication techniques and more skill and abilities in outsourcing benefits and companies.
Challenging work
Senior Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  Lincolnshire, ILJune 20, 2018
Provided a variety of financial support for a portfolio of 30 large market defined contribution clients. Thorough interpretation of each client’s contract, amended service agreements and addendums to ensure accuracy and timeliness of monthly invoices.
Monthly reporting, analysis and forecasting and annual budgeting of ongoing and project revenue by developing relationships, collaborating and communicating with multiple Client Leaders, Client Managers & Client Analysts.
Presentation of monthly results to Regional Leader and Client Leaders, Senior Finance Manager and Finance Manager.
Poor managements since Alight/Blackstone bought Aon Hewitt
Sr. Test Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 20, 2018
I was an employee for 15 years. This ship went down after Blackstone/Alight bought them - they only care about the bottom line numbers. Noone is happy
Pros
They do allow work remote
Cons
They don't allow you to work over 40 hrs/week but then you are criticized if work isn't done timely, Poor/fake mgmt, No raises, Layoffs everywhere
HR, Recruiters and managers are poor
Advocate Counselor (Former Employee) –  Woodlands, TXJune 18, 2018
If you need to deal with a unprofessional Manager HR is not there for you. The Managers expect too much and are micro managers. I don't recommend working here. I also had a friend who applied and had several years of advocacy experience and didn't get the job due to the strange over the phone interview process. There are alot of people that get turned away because of the way they interview not on the ability to do the job.
Pros
location
Cons
terrible management and training
Hard to Get Away
Lincolnshire - Call Center Rep (Former Employee) –  Lincolnshire, ILJune 18, 2018
I have worked for the same site for more than 3 years. I have had a few different contracts and have never moved from contractor to regular employee. But trying to move on and find something else has been a challenge so I always end up going back to the same site for the same thing. I'm finding it hard to even do something different for this site.
Pros
Okay pay
Cons
No good benefits, No holiday pay, no flexibility but they want you to be flexible.
Outdated Technology & Poor Work Life Balance
Client Manager (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 17, 2018
I am a legacy Hewitt Associates employee who has been with the company through the transitions to Aon Hewitt & Alight Solutions. With each transition, the benefits and the treatment of employees has declined. Quality delivery used to be the company's top priority and now the top priority is cutting costs to save money so executive leadership and the Blackstone CEO make a fat pay check. They continue to layoff employees and expect the current employees to carry the burden. They also offshore as many roles as they can so that they don't have to pay living wages to US employees. Technology is outdated and often hinders productivity.

The people are great, but middle management doesn't have the power to staff teams to adequately service clients.
Pros
Great People; Decent Benefits
Cons
Poor work life balance, outdated technology, too much offshoring
Better when just hewitt
Client team partner (Current Employee) –  Lincolnshire, ILJune 11, 2018
The company was great when it was hewitt, okay when aon bought them and went down the gutter once blackstone purchased and created alight .

Poor training on client teams, working with offshore is difficult due to time difference. This leads to very stressful jobs where you need to compensate for everyone elses lack of knowledge just to get the work out.

My manager and team are the only reason I havent left yet.
benefits
Cons
Pretty much everything
Loved it but very stressful
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Lincolnshire, ILJune 11, 2018
Good pay great benefits but very difficult. Managers were cool for the most part but if working as csr you deal with angry people who are upset with errors related to their employer benefits.
Benefits
Cons
Stressful
Great co-workers / poor upper management
Prefer Not To Say (Former Employee) –  Lincolnshire, ILJune 10, 2018
Everything was great until we were purchased by Blackstone Investments. My co-workers are great but I was replaced by a contractor. My 12 years of experience with multiple clients is now being handled by a guy with 4 weeks of training. On my last day he still did not have full access to all of the systems.
It is a good starter job with room to grow
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  San Juan, PRJune 5, 2018
Alight is great as a starter job with the potential for you to grow within the company, it provides great benefits and it is very proworker, but the availability they need of you is great and they are not flexible when it comes to changing shifts and that is the reason I have to leave.
Pros
Compensation
Cons
Work Hours
Great organization
Interim VP, Global Talent and M&A Consultant (Current Employee) –  Lincolnshire, ILJune 3, 2018
Great organization with strong leadership. New culture compared to that from the AonHewitt days. Progressive organization that puts growth in the Cloud space as a priority.
Nice culture bad management
CSA , UPS Team1215, Large Market (Former Employee) –  San Juan, PRMay 26, 2018
Alight has such a great culture but management is so poor due the fact that if you know someone you are a manager even tho you are not qualified! Sad to see that you have a lot of talented people and dont get a chance
No career advancement options, work mostly outsourced to India
Technical Manager (Former Employee) –  Lincolnshire, ILMay 23, 2018
Alight used to be a good place to work till it was Hewitt.
With the recent acquisition by Blackstone, there have been major cuts in the workforce in the US. They have stopped giving the basic annual raise to good employees. Basically you will get 0% increment year after year even if you perform well.

They have now laid off 90+ people in the technology groups. All the jobs have been outsourced to a company called Wipro or to the offshore centers in India.

It is not a US company anymore - management in US reports to people in India.

Only senior executives in the US seem to have a decent time, rest of the senior and middle management, highly qualified tech workforce is being laid off.

Avoid this company if you are in the US.
Pros
Collaborative people, work from home option
Cons
low to no raises, no career paths or advancement, tries to work with mediocre people to keep cost low
Best Call Center Experience
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee) –  San Juan, PRMay 22, 2018
My time at Alight Solutions was the very best of my professional life. It teached me how I can directly impact a persons life in regards to their health and future.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Alight Solutions. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.2InHerSight Score

2.4Personal Development

3.7Career Opportunities

3.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight