Alight Solutions Employee Reviews

It is a people business
Benefit Specialist (Current Employee) –  FloridaSeptember 19, 2018
Great company for those looking to work constructively to help others. I started working at Alight looking to help people and to be cared about as a person, however there are aspects of the company that make the company less of a business for the people who work there and solely for the people who benefit from the company's outward performance.
Left over bits from Aon
Senior Cyber Security Engineer (Former Employee) –  Lincolnshire, ILSeptember 17, 2018
Saddled with debt, gutted for talent, outsourced to 3rd party contract companies for cheap, inexperienced labor.

Located in Northern Illinois suburbs.
Pros
Cons
long hours, ancient technology
Fast-paced and career-oriented
Systems Analyst/Programmer (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 11, 2018
Alight Solutions is a new name, but it's roots are in Hewitt Associates, the company that had a culture books were written on. After Aon acquired Hewitt, while shareholder value increased, revenue and profit grew, very little was left of the culture that made Hewitt great. When Alight spun off, it felt like there was a concerted effort by the leaders to take the company back to it's roots as a people-first organization. Alight is still a new company as I write this, but the values hold strong. In Operations and Technology, Alight is a great place to grow a career, be rewarded and challenged every day.
Alight Solutions....depends on your career path
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCSeptember 5, 2018
The people are nice, the compensation is not.
You have flexibility with WFH options
Easy to collaborate
It is your career either way
Business decisions are NOT personal.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Pay Leadership
Nice place to work.
Experienced records processor (Former Employee) –  Lincolnshire, ILSeptember 5, 2018
Liked my job, co-workers were easy to work with and friendly and management was helpful. There was always plenty of work. They provided nice benefits.
Just a number
Customer Care Representative, Client Specialist (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCSeptember 4, 2018
It is a call center. Since the change from AonHewitt to Alight they no longer care about employees only about numbers and that is what you will be. If you are not part of the "in group" you will likely go unnoticed at work.
Pros
Cons
lots
Ok company
Benefits Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 3, 2018
Worked here for over 10 years. There are lots of databases where everything is documented and the company uses proprietary software and applications. Some of them are now outdated and should be upgraded.
New ownership
Customer Care Specialist (Current Employee) –  Lincolnshire, ILAugust 31, 2018
Aight used to be Aonhewitt. Alight is trying to focus more on people matter. I love the direction the company is going. Employees are not starting to feel heard and appreciated. Alight is making big strides at raising the moral and patching the turnover rate. Continuously asking what can be better for employees. While also raising the standards we provide to clients.
Pros
A few company parties. Communication has improved. Paid sick time, and good benefits
Cons
Unable to drive my career. Need more advancement options. For all the clients, there should more perks
productive place to work
CUSTOMER CARE REP (Former Employee) –  Woodlands, TXAugust 29, 2018
A typical day at work consist of breaks a 30 minute lunch and sometimes upset employees calling about their benefits. We as the experts have to figure out issues in regards to benefits. It was a decent job.
I have nothing positive to say
Contractor (Former Employee) –  Lincolnshire, ILAugust 28, 2018
There is no ‘community’ feeling of a dedicated workforce. Management is never around as they all ‘work’ from home. Lots of talk about others behind your back. They wait til you leave for the day unsuspecting and have recruiter call you at home to say you’re laid off - 1 month into a 6- month contract. No face-to-face communications. They blame it on budget/no work, but if they can’t do a budget .... very disrespectful - morale is so very low.
Csr ii
Customer Service Representative II (Current Employee) –  San Juan, PRAugust 26, 2018
As far as call center goes, its pretty decent, good pay and mostly fair with their employees. However sometimes their expectations are ridiculous because they want you to answer calls, meet metrics, be nice and resolve cases, all while the phone doesn't stop ringing and you have a time limit for things, but they dont give you time off the phone to do it
Interesting place to work
Customer Care Representative I (Former Employee) –  San Juan, PRAugust 25, 2018
Alight was my first call center experience. It was grateful working for them. I learned a lot regarding health insurances, 401k and assisting customers. There were very stressful moments, but also very slow pace. I learned something every day by listening to customers' needs and problems. I wish I would have learned more, but due to the natural disasters we had in Puerto Rico I had to relocate to a better and safer place.
Pros
We enjoyed free drinks and coffee, sometimes will bring us donuts.
Daily
Benefits Representative (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 24, 2018
assist customers with retirement benefits and health insurance options. processing rollover, 401k benefits, and Heathcare coverage for company employees
Pros
Starbucks
Cons
not enough training
working at alight
Dependent Verification Specialist (Current Employee) –  woodland texasAugust 23, 2018
it is an okay place to work I am contract but I am looking for a permanent position with benefits. I aam doing the job of two departments and no help. Training isn't that great as well
It's a Job vs. a Career
Sr. Customer Care Representative (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCAugust 23, 2018
The team of people you will be aligned to will make the experience tolerable. But if you are a HR professional who is seeking the opportunity to practice your craft, increase skills and prowess this company will only be a place holder on your professional journey. Growth opportunity are limited and if you are seeking to transition into realms outside of the customer care realm it is difficult. While the firm actively supports HR needs for its clients the hire practices namely the caliber of the candidates hired can be likened to telemarketer scams from decades ago: No Experience Really Required. Degrees and certifications do not garner additional salary.
Pros
The People, Teams are close knit.
Cons
Limited internal Growth Opportunity; Professional Degrees/Certification matter very little.
What you see is what you get
Customer Care Representative (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCAugust 21, 2018
Very straightforward call center environment. Most of the people I have worked with are basically HR Generalists but are called (and paid) like customer service specialists.
Relaxed atmosphere
Financial Investment Advisor (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCAugust 19, 2018
Provide financial education and guidance to participants

I enjoy educating young people enrolling in a 401K for the first time- the benefits of saving early and consistently.
Productive and comfortable workplace
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  San Juan, PRAugust 17, 2018
I started working at Alight with a temporary contract, after my contract was over I was asked to stay with a regular role. My experience with Alight was one full of learning. Sometimes the workload can be overwhelming but I had great support from my manager and my team.
Pros
Great management team
Cons
Short lunches and breaks
Great to build a carrer
Dependent Verification Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Juan, PRAugust 16, 2018
They provide extensive training, updated tools and a good work enviroment.
This is a great company for entry level positions. The experience you get is priceless.
Holds Possibilities
Sr. Customer Care Representative (Former Employee) –  The Woodlands, TXAugust 15, 2018
a typical day is inbound calls all day
job requirements ask says customer service but it can lead to a promising career in Human Resources.
You can learn several HR skills if you are a quick learner
the kind of manager you get is the luck of the draw depending on the kind of manager you get will determine if you advance. if you have a good manager he/she can help to shape your career.
a good manager sets the tone for the teams morale

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Alight Solutions. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

3.2InHerSight Score

2.4Personal Development

3.7Career Opportunities

3.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight