Alion Science and Technology Employee Reviews

Great place and emloyees to work with
Security Defense Research Analyst (Former Employee) –  Fort Hood, TXSeptember 16, 2018
This was a great place to work at, however the contract came to an end and was laid off. The contract then fell under a bigger contract and majority of the staff was laid off or was then switched over to the new contract.
Pros
Work friendly environment
Cons
Contract came to an end
Alion Science and Technology
Systems Administrator Associate (Current Employee) –  Norfolk, VAAugust 29, 2018
Alion science and technology is a great place to work where there is a team consisting of different kinds of knowledge willing to help train and succeed.
Project Administrator
Project Administrator (Current Employee) –  Rome, NYAugust 28, 2018
Weak Management with internal organization and oversight lacking. Good benefits and decent pay, but not for those who want rewarding experiences or recognition for achievements.
many new responsiblities and learning experiences
Training Developer/Writer (Current Employee) –  Portsmouth, VAJuly 26, 2018
Every day is a new experience due to the fact that i am working on a government contract and there are many different responsibilities on the contract and i help in several different areas, the company allows me to use my experience and different skill sets to assist in several parts of the contract. The management has a great amount of experience working on government contracts and they allow me to work in areas that i did not apply for, but they are more than willing to assist me and make sure that i am performing all task properly. The hardest thing is to keep up with the changing regulations but i have realized the more research i do the easy it is. I really enjoy the many different area that i have worked in including thing that i have never done before, this job has assisted me in understanding government contract, and how to work hand in hand with the government personnel.
Pros
learning new positions
Cons
working with some of the sub-contractor that have less experience
excellent
Engineer Technician SR (Current Employee) –  Newport, RIJuly 9, 2018
A very good Company,excellent work environment, great coworkers and supervisors all very helpful and friendly.Great leadership.My work was always appreciated.
benefits
Cons
work depends on government contract funds
Okay Place
Sr. Graphics Specialist (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, VAJune 29, 2018
Alion Science and Technology provided me to opportunity to work on various simulation and training projects. I worked with the design team and I worked with the customers.
Pros
Reasonable Enviornment
Cons
Growth through acquisition
Average Company
Military Analyst (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJune 20, 2018
This company has perks that are provided however the job culture and management is lacking. Job Work and Life balance is not appreciated within he company. Management is old school and unable to work with employees.
Great atmosphere/ Limited opportunity for advancement
Acquisition Analyst ASC. (Current Employee) –  Washington DCJune 19, 2018
I have enjoyed working here with the people and my team for three years. However, I have been"promoted" 2 times to leadership positions with more responsibilities without the company changing my job title. I have been trying for almost two years to get my job title changed to reflect the work that I do on a daily basis to no avail. This company acquires young talented hard workers and takes advantage of the initial salary agreements to get the lowest possible rate for their work. They will promise time and time again that as long as you do the work they will find a way to compensate. However, the turnover rate for the program level management has been so frequent that it has been extremely hard to develop a working relationship that portrays actual duties to the level that warrants a "promotion". I am well below the national average and the DC local average for the support that I provide for this company.
Company is making a turn around for the better
Deputy Program Manager, International Programs (Current Employee) –  DC - District of Columbia, DCJune 10, 2018
New management from the top down seems to be turning around the company for the better. More inclusive of employees than before, but still too heavy on the number of managers. HR is not the best and must be prompted to do perform their responsibilities in a timely manner.
Pros
great team to work with
Cons
compensation is still lacking and it's hard to retain younger employees because of the low pay
poor management
door mat (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJune 7, 2018
Management never listened to problems or offered help when asked. Promoted egotistical people to leadership positions, making the work life of the average employee difficult and stressful.
Retirement Program
Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJune 6, 2018
Company revised the retirement program that devalued commitments over 200%

Otherwise i was on my own. company did not actively pursue other business opportunities.
Flexible place to work at. No micromanagement. Everyone comes in when they can and work when they can. Very open space for socialization.
Military Analyst (Current Employee) –  Washington Navy Yard, DCJune 5, 2018
A typical day at work starts with checking emails and continuing with work, socializing with coworkers and having small talks around the cubicles. People learn from each other and new tasks. The management looks very busy most of the time, but always available for employees. The hardest part of the job it seems to walk less than a mile to go visit and assist the client, for me it is the most enjoyable part of my job.
Pros
Walk to visit the client, shuttle bus, flexbility.
Cons
Low salary
Love working for the company
Logistic Analyst (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VAMay 20, 2018
I left CACI to return to work for Alion, the people were great with a very friendly work environment with the chance to do the work that I love in the submarine community.
Pros
Pay & work atmosphere
Cons
N/a
Decent Place to wrok
Logistics Analyst, Principal (Former Employee) –  Washington Navy Yard, DCMay 16, 2018
Was able to set my hours except for times when meetings extended beyond my normal work hours. Line Manager was supportive and help keep the group on task and moving forward.
Great Company
SCP/FMS Sr. Israel Intro To Service Analyst (Current Employee) –  Arlington, VAMay 15, 2018
Alion is a great company with an amazing managment team. Very flexible with hours. They are growing company with room for career advancement. Highly recommend.
great place to work
Biologist (Former Employee) –  Warrenville, ILMay 9, 2018
Good benefits and really nice coworkers. Management had a good understanding and pushed for a work life balance. Allowed to work from home on occasion
Security
Assistant Security Manager (Current Employee) –  Washington City, DCMay 1, 2018
A typical day at work is very busy and keeping my customers/clients updated on daily security information. Meet with customers on a daily routine, communicating with clients about their needs. I like to be organized so that the rest of the week I can effectively and exceed my customers/clients expectations. I managed different databases and the most enjoyable part of the job is keeping my customers/client happy and satisfied.
Pros
coming together as one for celebrations
Cons
better health care
Good company to work for
Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Warren, MIApril 18, 2018
I am a contractor for Alion, I do not work directly at Alion. I currently work alone at a contractor site. I am in a position where I work with a team, but do not have any direct supervision. This working circumstances require you to be self motivated and to carry your own workload. I have no problem with these circumstances, so I find the job is a good fit for me.
Pros
flexible hours, listens to complaints and tries to improve circumstances
Cons
amount of time off could be better
Valuable work experience ruined by management
Software Design Engineer (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLApril 9, 2018
The best parts of the position are respectable salary and an honestly great benefits package. However, these things are easily acquired at other similar positions in the area and don't make up for the toxic culture.

The co-workers are great people but the supervisors and management expose the company's value perception over actual merit. Virtually no chance of job advancement or even a simple raise because of their budget allocation. Minimal at best downward loyalty from higher-ups. Direct supervisors are notoriously difficult to work with and have no qualms with using intimidation as a tool to get their way.

There are several different companies that operate on the same street corner that do the same kind of work with the same qualifications who offer better salary and likely better work culture.
Pros
Good benefits, decent salary, friendly co-workers
Cons
Manipulative management, no job advancement, unclear expectations
Miserable place to work
Laboratory Technician (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 3, 2018
Lack of direction. "Training" does not exist. Poor pay and bottom
of the barrel raises. Management is poor. They take no responsibility for there actions and are quick to blame others under them. Disgusting work conditions. Equipment is one step above tube technology. "Yearly reviews" are a joke. The really sad part is I worked with really good people. But they got tired of being passed over for raises and the rotten way they where treated and found better positions elsewhere.
Pros
It was a paycheck.
Cons
Poor management, work condtions, salary.