Alion Science and Technology
69Average

Alion Science and Technology Employee Reviews

You’re seeing reviews close to Ashburn, VA based on your current location
Not your desired location?
Choose a different one
Ashburn, VA34 reviews
Great company that needs more diversity for success.
Great company that needs more diversity for success. Need to move on from selling technical labor to product and system development with the establishment of engineering and manufacturing capabilities.
Pros
Great people with great customer relationships.
Cons
Service contract business is diffecult.
Business
SERCO is all about business all of the time, not the employee. Decisions are made based on what is best for the bottom-line, not with the employee and family and in mind.
Alion is a great place to work and be a part of team, but there is minimal career advancement opportunities. Alion is advancing as an organization and can always use new talent.
MacB was way better than Alion
Things were great, then Alion took over from the acquisition in August 2018. It took a full year to transition which is pretty pitiful. The portfolio company has too much say in operations.
Alion is Misaligned
Was supervised by Alion manager other than the two manager interviewers; military government manager client switched me to a different team from the one I was assigned to on my first day (this is a red flag); prime contractor junior level associate was assigned to train me and assign me tasks vs. the government manager client who is supposed to supervise and train the contractor – not the prime; prime contractor junior level associate has an ego problem and thinks he is smarter than everyone else; military government manager client bragged about how he fired the previous Alion employee in the job because she did not seem very smart (this is a red flag); Alion manager put me on a performance improvement plan because he thought I am not very smart – he asked me to send him all the emails coming from the prime contractor junior level associate; Alion manager came to realize via those emails that the prime contractor junior level associate was in fact the cause of the problem; Alion manager could not get an in-person meeting with military government manager client easily and had to really press for that. Alion manager kept trying to get performance feedback from military government manager client via email and got no response; Alion manager asked me to send him an updated resume and he put me on the “no-coverage list” so I could move to a different contract. He told me the prime contractor took the job back, but the client did not have any problem keeping me. Alion did schedule many interviews to try to move me to a different contract, but I was turned down for all the jobs I interviewed - more...
Pros
100 monthly transit benefit was a new benefit implemented while I was there, You have to get the company credit card to put your expenses on that card
Cons
Do not put an award-winning employee on a performance improvement plan, It makes no sense that I did a great job for my previous employer, and your manager thinks I am “not smart enough”, Employees with 35 years of experience and two graduate degrees are very smart
Share your experience
Let job seekers know what it's like to work at your company.
Available remote working ares
Great opportunities to work remotedly and travel opportunities
good training availability

excellent facilities

educational benefits

maternity leave
Pros
good Pay
Cons
I would recommend this job to anyone. Great setting, great pay, room for growth. I was promoted to team lead in 4 months. 95% of the people have been here long term.
Great Company
Alion is a great company with an amazing managment team. Very flexible with hours. They are growing company with room for career advancement. Highly recommend.
Stressful
PM was unavailable, did not keep the employees informed on what was happening. Did not speak up on the employees concerns, job security, ever changing job locations changing hours to report.
N/a
Because my work history with this company was brief, there really not a lot to tell about it but one thing I can say, it took longer to start the job than it lasted.
Not a bad place
the JPO COR made it tough. It was tough being a sub-company and the parent company not understanding what you did. Parent company needs constant reminders of your position to get through requests.
Overall good place to work
Stong technology company with a strong customer base. I enjoyed my work and the environment. Lots of skilled individuals and lots to learn. Good place to work.
Pros
Nice company
Cons
So communication issues
Not a good place to work
This company is always terminating their employees in bulk. When their bills get to high, they terminate people in order to pay their bills. Once their bills are caught up, they hire again.
Pros
Nice office
Cons
Not a stable place to work
Excellent Management
Worked for the Government Contracts Support Center. Management of this team was extraordinary. Focus was allowed to be on providing good services for Government mission.
Challenging
Always on one's toes in challenging interesting involvements with fascinating people and an opportunity to interact with those on the Hill and in other government deparetments.
Fast Pace and Friendly Environment
I enjoy working at Alion. The work is continuous and fast pace but the people you work with and for are friendly and helpful. I am constantly learning new things which makes things interesting and also I am able to provide guidance to newer SCAs.
Pros
A cafeteria in the same building, friendly people who you work with, office is located centrally and close to restaurants
Cons
fast pace and alot of work
OK company to work for
I was treated well until after the company lost the contract then I was ignored and they didn't even try to help me find another job with-in the company.
Pros
Never micromanaged
Cons
Treated like a number not a person
Great working environment
A medium size company that puts value into their employees. The workplace culture is very business. The hardest part of the job is the commute and parking is not reimbursed.
Excellent headquarters support staff
My experience with Alion was overwhelmingly positive. Each interaction with management was pleasant and made me feel like a valued member of the team.
A pleasant place.
The best part of the job was my contract work for the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency. The work was interesting and provided for the acquisition of new techniques in my profession.
Need to work the bugs out
A great working environment full of intelligent professionals. But company leadership has made many bad choices over years, and this has led to hard times in the current industry environment. Two bad quarters and many lost recompetes have led to several hundred employees leaving the company, many involuntarily. Key management has been stripped out so critical thought leadership needed to grow the company is non-existant. Wait a couple of years before considering a job at Alion. They need to turn their ship around first.
Pros
Great technical and services staff.
Cons
Poor leadership incapable of competing in tough Federal market.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Alion Science and Technology. Our community is ready to answer.
Women's ratings

4.0Fairygodboss Score

100%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

100%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Alion Science and Technology Reviews by Location