Alion Science and Technology Employee Reviews

It is a job
Lead Electrical electronic engineer (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCNovember 9, 2018
Not a lot of support from management, no communication from office. No advancement guidelines with no real promotion available. No boss letting you know of promotions available.
Pros
Management leave you alone
Cons
low pay, no support.
Poor upper management
Senior Military Consultant (Former Employee) –  Shaw AFB, SCOctober 29, 2018
This was a contract position with the USAF. The company started out great, but overtime it went downhill. I think they tried growing to fast and they ended up decreasing the pay for their employees, the Stock Option went downhill considerable.
Great company
PMS377 Support (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCOctober 20, 2018
Have always enjoyed working for this company. They give you the tools and support you need to advance and get the job done. High expectations are set but are achievable.
workers are great
Sr. Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Odon, INOctober 8, 2018
can be productive, but is not. A complete shift in management and culture, due to upper level financial challenges. Great personnel, managers somewhat lack leadership capabilities.
Worked in a Closed facility
Lead Systems Engineer/Senior Military Analyst (Former Employee) –  Warner Robins, GAOctober 4, 2018
Enjoyed my time working with the Company---was moved around twice within the company then eventually laid off. Enjoyed it while it lasted--a year and a half..
Pros
Brought my own lunch
Cons
breaks were monitored
a typical day at work
SR. DESIGNER (Former Employee) –  Port Hueneme, CASeptember 27, 2018
Starts a 7am to 3:30pm, go over design requirements and scope, give an updates/status to engineer every 4 hours. Give check print for comments, modified electronic files for red marks.
Pros
flexible time
Cons
room for advancement ie learn new Cad programs (2d to 3d)
Productive and fun work environment
Facilities Administrator (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCSeptember 24, 2018
My day to day was to maintain a faculty. That included making sure coffee was kept made. Xerox copies machine were full of paper. Calling and consulting with contractors to get daily maintenance done to the building. Some day we would even have to pick a paint brush up ourselves
Alion Science and Technology is an outstanding company.
LVC-IA Senior Systems Engineer and Site Lead (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 20, 2018
Alion Science and Technology is an outstanding company. It provided me with travel opportunities, training, and career progression. I loved working at this company but unfortunately the contract I worked for came to an end. I would love to work for Alion again!
Great place and emloyees to work with
Security Defense Research Analyst (Former Employee) –  Fort Hood, TXSeptember 16, 2018
This was a great place to work at, however the contract came to an end and was laid off. The contract then fell under a bigger contract and majority of the staff was laid off or was then switched over to the new contract.
Pros
Work friendly environment
Cons
Contract came to an end
Alion Science and Technology
Systems Administrator Associate (Current Employee) –  Norfolk, VAAugust 29, 2018
Alion science and technology is a great place to work where there is a team consisting of different kinds of knowledge willing to help train and succeed.
Project Administrator
Project Administrator (Current Employee) –  Rome, NYAugust 28, 2018
Weak Management with internal organization and oversight lacking. Good benefits and decent pay, but not for those who want rewarding experiences or recognition for achievements.
many new responsiblities and learning experiences
Training Developer/Writer (Current Employee) –  Portsmouth, VAJuly 26, 2018
Every day is a new experience due to the fact that i am working on a government contract and there are many different responsibilities on the contract and i help in several different areas, the company allows me to use my experience and different skill sets to assist in several parts of the contract. The management has a great amount of experience working on government contracts and they allow me to work in areas that i did not apply for, but they are more than willing to assist me and make sure that i am performing all task properly. The hardest thing is to keep up with the changing regulations but i have realized the more research i do the easy it is. I really enjoy the many different area that i have worked in including thing that i have never done before, this job has assisted me in understanding government contract, and how to work hand in hand with the government personnel.
Pros
learning new positions
Cons
working with some of the sub-contractor that have less experience
excellent
Engineer Technician SR (Current Employee) –  Newport, RIJuly 9, 2018
A very good Company,excellent work environment, great coworkers and supervisors all very helpful and friendly.Great leadership.My work was always appreciated.
benefits
Cons
work depends on government contract funds
Okay Place
Sr. Graphics Specialist (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, VAJune 29, 2018
Alion Science and Technology provided me to opportunity to work on various simulation and training projects. I worked with the design team and I worked with the customers.
Pros
Reasonable Enviornment
Cons
Growth through acquisition
Average Company
Military Analyst (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJune 20, 2018
This company has perks that are provided however the job culture and management is lacking. Job Work and Life balance is not appreciated within he company. Management is old school and unable to work with employees.
Great atmosphere/ Limited opportunity for advancement
Acquisition Analyst ASC. (Current Employee) –  Washington DCJune 19, 2018
I have enjoyed working here with the people and my team for three years. However, I have been"promoted" 2 times to leadership positions with more responsibilities without the company changing my job title. I have been trying for almost two years to get my job title changed to reflect the work that I do on a daily basis to no avail. This company acquires young talented hard workers and takes advantage of the initial salary agreements to get the lowest possible rate for their work. They will promise time and time again that as long as you do the work they will find a way to compensate. However, the turnover rate for the program level management has been so frequent that it has been extremely hard to develop a working relationship that portrays actual duties to the level that warrants a "promotion". I am well below the national average and the DC local average for the support that I provide for this company.
Company is making a turn around for the better
Deputy Program Manager, International Programs (Current Employee) –  DC - District of Columbia, DCJune 10, 2018
New management from the top down seems to be turning around the company for the better. More inclusive of employees than before, but still too heavy on the number of managers. HR is not the best and must be prompted to do perform their responsibilities in a timely manner.
Pros
great team to work with
Cons
compensation is still lacking and it's hard to retain younger employees because of the low pay
poor management
door mat (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJune 7, 2018
Management never listened to problems or offered help when asked. Promoted egotistical people to leadership positions, making the work life of the average employee difficult and stressful.
Retirement Program
Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJune 6, 2018
Company revised the retirement program that devalued commitments over 200%

Otherwise i was on my own. company did not actively pursue other business opportunities.
Flexible place to work at. No micromanagement. Everyone comes in when they can and work when they can. Very open space for socialization.
Military Analyst (Current Employee) –  Washington Navy Yard, DCJune 5, 2018
A typical day at work starts with checking emails and continuing with work, socializing with coworkers and having small talks around the cubicles. People learn from each other and new tasks. The management looks very busy most of the time, but always available for employees. The hardest part of the job it seems to walk less than a mile to go visit and assist the client, for me it is the most enjoyable part of my job.
Pros
Walk to visit the client, shuttle bus, flexbility.
Cons
Low salary