AlixPartners Employee Reviews

Best of the Big Consultancies
Private Consultant (Former Employee) –  LondonDecember 6, 2017
I've known a lot of people at the big financial consultancies so I know a lot about the culture of them all. AP seemed to treat their people exceptionally well, maybe it was because it was more 'boutique' than the regular accountancy companies, maybe because it was privately owned and not just geared to lining the shareholders pockets. Extremently generaous company paid for events and very clever people. But you're obviously expected to be very good at what you do in return! Work smart, party hard would be the take I got.
Pros
Very generous with employee drinks, lunches etc
Cons
You have to be clever and prepared to work very hard when it matters.
Poor work life balance
Associate Consultant (Former Employee) –  LondonOctober 28, 2017
Managers were not well trained so ended up staying in the office for LONG hours without having much to do but only to act as a team player. Radio on all the time with alcohol available in the little office space and people drinking during office hours.
Good place to work but
Associate, Enterprise Improvement (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 28, 2017
Everything tends to be a black box.

You submit emails and don't hear anything in return, when on the bench, so until somebody reaches out to you; you think you're about to be fired.

You work with really talented people that really know their stuff and it just so happens that you tend to be your own boss most of the time but they have no training so if and when you mess up they tend to turn their backs on you and you have to do all you can to try and get back into good graces.
Pros
Great pay, live anywhere, travel (can be)
Cons
Travel (can be), work life balance, not knowing what is going on all the time.
Internship
Human Resources Intern/Project Employee (Former Employee) –  Southfield, MIAugust 21, 2017
I was looking for more from an internship aspect. Gained great knowledge of how human resources worked, but was looking for a mentor that never came about.
Amazing benefits!
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 14, 2017
The outstanding benefits at AlixPartners, combined with fair compensation plus bonuses, made it a great place to work. Had I not needed to move out of state, I never would have left my job there!
Quick paced and short lived projects
Vice President, Enterprise Improvement (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMay 30, 2017
Great place if you are only focused on execution and delivery - not a place to learn, develop and grow simply b/c leadership chose not to invest in apprenticeship, feedback, training and knowledge management
Pros
No up or out
Cons
Not a place to learn and develop
Good company with many inconsistencies.
Senior Network Engineer (Former Employee) –  Southfield, MIApril 10, 2017
Many great people working at AlixPartners, but some not so great.
Confusing to new employees as not all departments comply with corporate 'mandates'.
Pros
Good benefit package, Free snacks
Cons
Inter-department politics. Aggressive growth targets.
AlixPartners has the best treatment of employees!
Benefit Analyst/Talent Acquisition Assistant (Current Employee) –  Southfield, MIApril 1, 2017
The company is by far the best I have ever worked at. Their commitment to offering their employees superior benefits is amazing. Also, they only hire the best candidates who are highly intelligent and efficient in their experiences.
Flexible Work Environment
Security Operations Analyst (Current Employee) –  Southfield, MIFebruary 27, 2017
AlixPartners can be a struggle for Information Technology professionals, the business side of the house does not understand the need to grow IT as the firm grows which can lead to short staffed positions and low IT budgets, with that said, it is a good place to get your feet wet in IT and you get experience working in a very unique place, you also have the opportunity to have your voice heard, as the total number of employees here is around 2000. It is like a big family and there is really good chemistry between IT teams. It's a place where you can build something if you can deal with little to no compensation increases and being treated like a 2nd class citizen by everyone outside of IT.
Pros
Flexible work schedule, year end bonus.
Cons
IT treated like 2nd class citizens, no room for growth due to small company size and lack of funding for IT
Productive and effective worker.
Web Application Designer/Developer (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MISeptember 25, 2015
Excellent communication skills.
Effective and productive worker.
Knows my work well which saves other time to teach me.
Productive challenging
Consultant (Current Employee) –  DallasJune 23, 2015
16-18 hour days during the busy times
management somewhat disconnected
co-workers are extremely intelligent as there is a very rigorous hiring process
Pros
Decent Comp, work location flexibility
Cons
long hours, no work life balance
Some smart people, but with issues
Consultant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMay 7, 2015
The firm hires very intelligent people and delivers an excellent value to clients, they seriously lack in maintaining a firm-wide, cohesive culture. They are also struggling to promote an environment that encourages men or women to enjoy a health work/life balance. It is still very much an old school boy's club in many ways.
Pros
Good insurance coverage
Cons
No culture, behind the times
Fast pace, exciting, fun, and not for everybody
Financial Advisory (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 20, 2015
AlixPartners is competitive, exciting, and take care of you and will respect your holiday, granted that you put in the hours, the quality and the hands on approach of the firm. This is a great firm for overachievers, and fast paced minded individuals. Work/Life balance is hard due to the nature of the work, but after a couple of months, especially if not coming from consulting, you can make it work.

Office politics are important, though not the biggest factor from the analyst to the Director level. Politics become important as you become Director.
Good company to work
SAP Business Objects Consultant (Current Employee) –  southfieldJanuary 19, 2015
Learns a new thing every day
good bonus
Friendly Management
More Work
Great compensation, mostly great environment
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 21, 2013
Overall I enjoyed my job at AlixPartners. The main reasons that I planned to stay with the company long-term were the great compensation and benefit offerings, but it was also a good place to work, money aside. The office was professional but not stuffy; it was a comfortable environment and fun at times. There were frequent office luncheons, and was ample recognition for both business and personal accomplishments. I didn't love everyone I worked for, but it was mostly a friendly place.
For admins, the office manager definitely sets the tone of the work experience, so it can vary depending on the office manager at the time and each admin.
Pros
Benefits, compensation, employee recognition, environment
Cons
Some difficult personalities
Great company
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJanuary 3, 2013
I was mostly pleased with the company and its culter and values. I was disappointed in a couple of hiring choices they made, but mostly I was pleased.
Eye opening experience
Human Resources Intern (Current Employee) –  Southfield, MIDecember 19, 2012
An eye opening experience in a corporate setting. Everyone I worked with was cheerful and upbeat.
Good company
Analyst (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMay 25, 2012
I got hired as a contractor but the company refers me as an analyst to his clients. It is a good company specialized in bankruptcy and resture.
A lot of smart people and great working environment.
Pros
interesting and high profile cases
Cons
traveling a lot