Alkermes, Inc. Employee Reviews

Great company to work for
Manufacturing Associate (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, OHDecember 6, 2018
Just like with anywhere there's good and bad, however the good definitely out weighs the bad here. PTO, compensation, benefits, it's all unbeatable. It's a great company to work for
Pros
Hot cafeteria, Pay, Benefits, 401k
Cons
Hours are set, if you want overtime it's hard to get it
What you make it.
Addiction Recovery Associate (Former Employee) –  Waltham, MAOctober 29, 2018
not sure what to say.. I think every job is what you make it. .... I had the skills... I produced... I was excited... I moved to better things... life is what you make it... but it was an awesome time while I was there.
Pros
Bonuses
Cons
Managers vary
I did not enjoy my time here
Associate Director (Former Employee) –  Waltham, MAOctober 22, 2018
I found the company lacking in many ways, leadership, ethics, vision, etc. My manager was absent and there were no opportunities for development. This was not a good fit for me.
Productive company with great people always willing to help out. Definitely take care of there employees.
Manufacturing Associate II (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, OHSeptember 19, 2018
Great place to work and the people are great to work with. It was a difficult decision to leave but it was best for me at the time. They look out for the employees and always there to help out in any way
Pros
Good company to work for.
SAP Finance Manager (Current Employee) –  Waltham, MAAugust 28, 2018
Very committed and motivating culture. Work life balance is OK but it does support in the wellness programs. Alkermes employees start their day early and try to wrap up by 5 pm. The managers are understanding and motivating most of the time. I would recommend this company to others.
Great
Facilities Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Chelsea, MAAugust 27, 2018
Thought it was a great job , thought it was a career before the company closed and parted ways .
Great work environment, company. Would love to go back to a job to them if was close to me
Cons
Very family oriented and cultured
Manufacturing Associate I (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, OHJuly 4, 2018
Alkermes has been an excellent place for me to advance in my field. They give you the opportunity to impact people's lives in a positive way. Everyone in this company is friendly.
Alkermes
Manufacturing Associate II (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, OHJune 25, 2018
Working at Alkermes has allowed me to become well- rounded in my skill set. It has allowed me to become practiced on reviewing documents and delegating tasks. It has also allowed me to work in aseptic conditions. The hardest part of this job is some of the physical labor that is involved, Working at Alkermes has been enjoyable due to the environment and attitude of the people who work here.
Pros
Occasionally free lunch, felxible hours, team building events, multiple shifts
Cons
Shutdown
Great co-workers, bad management.
QC Chemist (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, OHJune 22, 2018
The people/team I was on was wonderful. We all helped each other and cracked jokes. Overall fun and supportive group/atmosphere.

However, the company's procedures/training basically set you up to fail. So many little unwritten rules and counter-intuitive instructions. No decisive way data is to be processed and reported leading to confusion and disagreements on what the method 'intends'. Recently a new manager came in and started changing everything with the mentality of 'I know best' and the classic 'my way is the only right way'.

I was a QC contractor for 9 months. My supervisor was complementing me and trying to get me on full time. Despite the "Deep Compassion" it the company motto, they terminated my contract via an email to my contractor group. They wouldn't even let me know themselves.
Pros
Freindly co-workers
Cons
Poor Management and Training
N/a
Territory Business Manager (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 27, 2018
Alkermes is growing company with an excellent pipeline. The organization is continuing to work with providers and the marketing department to address the needs of customers.
great company
End User Support Technician (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, OHMarch 27, 2018
Alkermes has an amazing atmosphere and many wonderful people always willing to give helping hands where it is needed. Great place to feel like you are accomplishing things every day.
Pros
wonderful place
Cons
great company and people but conflicts with direct manager ony
Senior Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MAMarch 26, 2018
i worked here for 6+ years and never thought I would leave. Sometimes there comes a time when you know it is time to move on and look for other opportunities.
Pros
great people and products that Ii supported
Cons
conflicts with direct manater
A Truly Great Place to Work
Manager (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, OHMarch 23, 2018
I've been fortunate to work for several solid employers in my career, but Alkermes is in a league of its own. The culture is incredible, as we focus heavily on collaboration and development.
Pros
Great culture, compensation, health benefits, Pto, career development and advancement
Cons
Commute to Wilmington
Productive fun workplace
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Waltham, MAMarch 15, 2018
Great place to work. I enjoy the people and the environment. I would recommend other people to apply. Great diversity and understand of work life balance.
Fun place to work
Pharmacovigilance Scientist (Current Employee) –  Waltham, MAMarch 2, 2018
- Good place to work
- Needs proper managemnt for standardizing the processes
- Good compensation
- Very picky
- Opportunities to learn
- All the work is done manually
Pros
Environment
Cons
Management, lack of experience, no standard training
Not a good job if you actually like to work.
Clinical Manufacturing Temp (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, OHFebruary 4, 2018
Extremely slow paced and hands off. Most of our time was spent in cubicles reading standard operating procedures. The lab was often in shut down so we would sit our desks for 8 hours a day. Very long boring hours.
Pros
Decent pay.
Cons
Boring.
Review summary
Senior Security & Architecture Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Waltham, MAJanuary 13, 2018
Ok company to work for if you are in pharma environment. Commute can be a rough one with exiting that Winter st. industrial park. Some half say Fridays.
They lie to you to get you in the door.
Manufacturing Associate II - Filling (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, OHDecember 31, 2017
This place is full of "cool kid groups" if you do not kiss up to them you will not get fair raises or job advancement opportunities. They push you through training and ignore the harassment that is reported to supervisors and management.
Great place to work. Supportive environment. Understanding management. Great benefits and compensation
Process Technician II (Former Employee) –  Chelsea, MADecember 22, 2017
Not much more to say than was in my summary. Great place to work. Relaxed work environment. Supportive and understanding management. Competitive salary and benefits. Opportunity to get overtime if you want.
Pros
Competitive compensation.
Cons
Duties are difficult.
Great Work Environment
Case Manager- California Territory (Current Employee) –  Waltham, MADecember 7, 2017
A very competitive, patient driven department working towards a common goal and adapting with eachother when we get roadblocks thrown at us, which is very often!