All About Kids Employee Reviews

Disorganized Management
Administrator Assistant (Former Employee) –  BrooklynAugust 13, 2018
It is sad to see the company's name is truly not about the kids. Every company has to make a profit but the CEOs are truly all about the money. Management is lacking, supervision is non existant and most staff members stay because they don't have a degree to move on.
Pros
Absolutley nothing
Cons
Inconsistencies in management decisions, no room for advancement, no raises
Disorganized and unprofessional work environment
Former employee (Former Employee) –  Westchester County, NYFebruary 1, 2018
All About Kids was by far the worst place I have ever worked for. I felt like I was doing the job of 2 or 3 people. Yes, the stress level was high (there is stress in every type of job) but upper management was unsupportive. The CEO only cared about one thing: money. Management is unprofessional; there is a lack of communication between upper management and staff. Management would talk badly about other staff members while not present (how can you expect staff members to act professionally when management sets a bad example?). Staff members were very gossipy and rude instead of being supportive to each other. Providers probably felt that administrative staff was unsupportive because some admin staff were spread SO thin. The only positive thing I can say is most therapists worked very hard to provide services to the children in need. The best part about working here was leaving!
Pros
Cons
everything
AAK Wins Worst Company to Work for Award
Anonymous (Former Employee) –  Here there and everywhereJanuary 29, 2018
I am not even sure where to begin...
This is the most disorganized and unprofessional company I have had the displeasure of working for. In my short time there, I experienced firsthand the lack of communication and efficiency between the owners and managerial staff. Employees are overworked. People quit left and right and their responsibilities just get indefinitely dumped on the poor employees who can't afford to quit.
The owners are all about the $$.. which completely contradicts their new motto "AAK Cares"... yup... AAK Cares about the money money money... ruthless and despicable.
All the positive reviews written on this website are from current employees who were asked to write them...
The marketing director's review comes directly from the owner's son... hmmm
I could write a dissertation on what this company does wrong, but I've wasted enough time.
As for therapists... if you need supervision or support... this is NOT the company for you. It is impossible to reach a supervisor and get a clear answer. (if there are any of those left anyway). As for getting paid... you better make sure you dot your I's and cross your T's and not make the slightest mistake on your paperwork... otherwise you"ll have to wait for the next pay cycle, or beg someone in HR.

If you value your sanity... stay far far away.
Pros
Cons
everything you can imagine
Great work-life balance. Fair pay. Room for Growth.
Marketing Director (Current Employee) –  Plainview, NYOctober 30, 2017
I have been working at All About Kids full time. The workplace culture is excellent and extremely conducive to productivity. Like any company, the job comes with challenges but management wants nothing more than to see employees succeed. The internal structure is set up smoothly to allow effective communication between departments. Unlimited room to grow.
Pros
reasonable hours, room for growth, great salary, great communication
Hostile work environment/Very Disorganized
Staff (Current Employee) –  Plainview, NYOctober 25, 2017
Very low pay, lack of training, employees are miserable, they don't offer raises or bonuses, only 10 vacation days for the first 3 years, sick days never increase and either do personal days, the positive ratings on here are from staff that were asked to write a positive review, management does not make an effort to listen to its employees nor do they seem to care about its employees, the health and dental insurance is horrible and very expensive, they are not "all about kids," they care only about money and how to save a penny.
Co-workers amazing, Corporate horrific
clerk (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYJune 22, 2017
I felt my coworkers were helpful. I didn't feel challenge. Wasn't much of a learning experience. management had favorites. I appreciate some supervisors who always helped.Personally Early Intervention has its flaws as a whole. But this agency is not practical. They see parents as a dollar value and squezze every oz. they can from the workers and the parents. Therapist are constantly complaining that they arent getting paid and well the employees bless there hearts (not management) the operations team try with what little they have. The turn over is insane and although many try to stay and make it work this company is a dead end. Like i said E.I. has many flaws but companies like this don't make it any easier. stay away from this agency whether your a therapist or a parent. although a small community their are many agency to choose from avoid the aggravation its not worth it.
My review of Sunflower Kidz Da Care
Early Intervention Specialist (Current Employee) –  Queens, NYMay 27, 2017
I come at 8 a.m, sometimes 7:30 a.m, to work. I have learned to work as a team member. I have learned how to manage staff. I have learned how to manage difficulties when they arise. The most enjoyable part of my job is seeing how the children grow over a period of time.
Pros
working with dedicated staff
Cons
no health benefits
Great Company
Service Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYMarch 21, 2017
All About Kids is a great agency to work for. I been working with this company for the past 4 years going on 5 now and I have no complains. At All About Kids everyone works together as a team. I will recommend this agency to anyone that is currently looking for an employment since working for All About Kids feels like working with family.
Pros
All About Kids is a great company to grow as an employer.
Cons
No Cons
Great Place to work! Nice and knowledgeable staff!
Compliance Officer (Current Employee) –  Plainview Corporate office at AAKMarch 21, 2017
All About Kids is a great place to work. The staff is highly knowledgeable and work as team players. The therapists are highly qualified and screened for this purpose. The company's philosophy "we care" extends to therapists, parents and office staff as well.... Truly a great company to work for!
Pros
Great and knowledgeable coworkers
Cons
demanding workload
All About Kids (Current Employee) –  Plainview, NYMarch 20, 2017
From the interview process through onboarding, this is a great place to work! They take time to listen to your concerns and opinions, it's a diverse workplace, and everyone is super friendly. If you put the work in, you will see great results. As an employee, I feel respected, valued, and part of a team. I have learned how to be more professional, while staying in touch with my team members. The building is new and clean, nice coffee shop too.
Pros
Great work environment, friendly staff, good compensation
Grow As A Professional
Administrator (Current Employee) –  Plainview, NYMarch 20, 2017
All About Kids has a fast paced environment that helps you grow as a professional. Skills gained include project management, time efficiency, peer to peer building, and regulations knowledge.

All About Kids' staff are friendly and team oriented. The company offers good benefits and has an overall good working environment.
Pros
Longevity, Healthcare Benefits, Location, Nice Staff
Cons
Sometimes work pace/workload can be over the top, but so can most jobs.
Only if you really HAVE to
Clerical (Former Employee) –  Plainview, NYFebruary 3, 2017
disorganized. sat around for 5 days with no training- could not get help or training from anyone. high turnover, everyone i spoke with was 6 months or less.
Caring and Productive work place
Director (Current Employee) –  NYC, Long Island and WestchesterJanuary 7, 2017
All About Kids is a great place to work. Excellent supervision of therapists and teachers. Very caring environment. Excellent job growth and promotional opportunities. Very competitive salaries and very competitive fees for independent contractors.

All About Kids provides all the therapy specialties and teaching specialities needed to Evaluate and treat children from birth to 21. Great coordinated team effort by all therapists and teachers for all children.
Pros
Caring growth environment
Disorganized company
T. Support (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 16, 2016
Honestly enjoyed my job at first. Working with the kids was the best part of my day. However, the teachers were never prepared for the day and management never seemed to care. Pay was extremely low for the amount of work that was put into working with the kids.
Very disconnected organization with an administration that is constantly changing.and never seems to know what the therapists are doing.
SEIT (Current Employee) –  Nassau & Suffolk CountyApril 7, 2016
AAK offers many types of therapies but there is never any follow-up with the therapists. You, as a therapist, are completely on your own and even if you call or email for assistance, you never get it! It's very disorganized. Until you do something they don't like. Then they're all over you without warming. But where were they when you needed them? There is absolutely NO connection with co-workers unless there happens to be a team leader, which is very seldom. And that could possibly be due to the large amount of extra work one has to put in as a team leader which is strictly "volunteered time", and is never compensated for by AAK. The most enjoyable part of the job is actually working with the students - something I think the administration loses sight of too easily. The administration is distant, unfriendly, often incompetent, and very often unreachable.
terrible
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Long Island, NYMarch 14, 2016
payment sucks changed payment schedule around so therapists got paid every 6 weeks instead of one month hated it worst agency I worked for stupid supervisors (BCBA)
Pros
potentially many cases
Cons
pay schedule
Great flexible work schedule, but not a great method of payment
Ongoing Service Coordinator (Current Employee) –  New Rochelle, NYDecember 15, 2015
You manage a high caseload, but work with supportive co-workers. Not the best supervisor, but the director is always willing to help you. The hardest part is that you get paid commission for phone calls and face to face contact, nothing if you spend the whole day working on filing and paperwork. You also only get paid once a month, so you need to be great with budgeting.
Pros
AAK funday once a month, great coworkers
Cons
fee for service, monthly pay schedule, unhelpful supervisor.
Low pay
I.T. Support (Former Employee) –  Plainview, NYDecember 24, 2014
This was a hostile environment. with low pay. I had the owner and the manager telling me what to do leading to confusion. Was given many projects without a budget. Was told to get pricing and proposals only to have the projects unapproved for lack of funds. The business practices conflicted with my values. I had to work during inclement weather when the whole company was shutdown with out compensation etc.
Pros
Cons
See review
Great place to start for experience
Billing Representative (Current Employee) –  Plainview, NYOctober 20, 2014
All About Kids is a great place to start out when needing experience. It tests your tolerance for working under pressure, as well as your time management skills.

The staff members and therapists are all friendly, and easy to get along with which helps make the day go by much quicker.

On the contrary, management in Finance Department is lacking in experience with the actual billing process. Any advice given to management in terms of a new protocol or procedure to help the department, is more than likely to be brushed to the side. If you are the kind of person who can produce numbers, regardless of the situation, then you are golden.

Other than that, All About Kids can provide an enjoyable atmosphere.
Pros
Co-workers and staff are friendly, easy to get along with.
Cons
Growth opportunities are almost non-existent
Not a good place to work
Therapist (Current Employee) –  NYApril 2, 2014
Not a good agency to work for. Ive worked for others and this agency was just a shock in how little they care about their teachers.
Pros
Its a job
Cons
Not supportive, no one to train you, No one returns your calls or emails, called the director once and was told never to call him again.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at All About Kids. Our community is ready to answer.