All American Nursing Home Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
New beginning
Social Service Director/Admission Coorinator (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 7, 2018
It was my first 'real job' and I loved working with the residents. I went from a Psychosocial aide to Director of Social Services. I had a wonderful supervisor who became the Administrator and she knew my potential. It was nice environment but stressful at times because I worked with mentally ill/substance abuse residents. I got to see the good, bad and the ugly being an aide then going into management. I didn't like the fact that I had more paperwork then time with the residents. I enjoyed facilitating groups, making my own topics/assignments, going on outing, having residents birthday parties with a theme, talking with the resident and being there for them.
Pros
able to take residents out of the facility
Cons
can bevery, very sressful
Stressful at times
Food service Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 27, 2017
I learned that certain management styles do not work on all employees, you have to be firm with some, and not so firm with others. The hardest part to the day was lunch time.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
lunch time was short
IThe staff was ok and the clients were psych, so it as busy
CERTIFIED NURSING ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 28, 2017
It was a good place to work as a CNA when I was there, but I wanted to move on and go to school.I bathed, groom and did activities of daily living with the elderly.
Fun place to work, family atmosphere
Mental Health Counselor (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 19, 2016
The management is strong. They make sure that work is done correctly. When survey window opens, there is nothing to worry about
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
no raises
No negative comments.
Director of Nursing (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 30, 2016
This facility is a skilled nursing home with a mental illness population.
Bed capacity is 144 beds. A typical day includes facility rounds, morning meetings, Staffing and scheduling for 24 hour coverage for nursing. Review of dashboard to follow-up on 24 hour report along with any other electronic documentation. Behavior monitoring with interventions to deescalate inappropriate behaviors. A diverse staff of different ethnics. Part of a team that provides quality care to the residents we serve.
Pros
Partial payment for health care and mathed 401k investment.
Working Here
Social Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 1, 2015
I dont have much to say about this place. I worled there and went home. Hardly mingled with other just stayed to my self to stay out of drama.
Pros
Working with good residents
Cons
pay rate for the stress you deal with daily
Co-Workers
Clerical (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 11, 2013
You will work with great people that are hard working and quick to help.
Daily challenges increased my skillset
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Chicago, IL 5448 N. BroadwayFebruary 26, 2013
along with the every day routine,there were always daily challenges, floods were regular,resident behaviors,cleanups of bodily fluids and of course the every day interactions.It was a beautiful experience for the residents and myself!
We have good annual health surveys. Our last survey was 0 tags for the annual health survey.
Assistant Administrator (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 24, 2013
I make QA rounds through out the day mainly focusing on safety and compliance. I have 20 plus years of managing staff. I have learned that the Nursing Dept. is your largest challenge and reviewing the medical records often to make sure that nursing as well as social service issue are followed up on can provide you with a good Annual Health Survey. The hardest part of the job is maintaining and getting employees to stay focus on the mission. However constant in-service and building a sound relationship with the employees is a necessity. I like working with people and I so love working with the residents and being in a position to help them. It gives me great joy when I can solve a problem that a family or a resident may have had. It definitely keeps down IDPH complaints. Just a note to say that the facility has had no IDPH complaint findings in 2 years with (4) complaints surveys.
Productive workplace
Psychiatric Rehabilitative Services Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 15, 2012
Excellent work environment with advancement opportunities