All American Pet Proteins Employee Reviews

Great job
Manager (Current Employee) –  Greeley, CONovember 16, 2018
It is a fast paced environment, with lots of potential to grow. The owners listen to employee feedback and try to implement the requests received. There are great programs in place to allow for growth and increases in pay, such as training books that allow you to get a raise and a title increase. There is also a great attendance program that allows you to receive monetary incentives for showing up to work and not calling in without an excused absence. Overall, it is a great place to work!
Pros
Great benefits
Great employees
Employee (Current Employee) –  Greeley, CONovember 16, 2018
Fast paced but with the ability to move up and get raises by learning more about your job. If you take a test, you get a raise. they give gift cards for just coming to work on time every day on certain time intervals. They give gift cards for Thanksgiving and Christmas! The employees are fun to talk to.
Pros
Free lunch once a month, good pay
Cons
Sometimes the smell is a bit intense
The company cares
Management (Current Employee) –  Greeley, CONovember 16, 2018
There are numerous opportunities at this facility for employees of all levels. Employees are given attendance awards for showing up on time and having documentation for excused absences.

The entire plant shut down once monthly for a company wide safety meeting where the owners buy lunch for everyone, recognize individuals and departments.

All employees have the opportunity for advancement through the series of training books that are designed for each department.
Pros
Good Training, Advancement Opportunities
A last resort
Worker (Former Employee) –  Greeley, CONovember 9, 2018
In simple terms its like a prison... management is ran poorly. I dont think this would be a first choice for most people. This job is for those who unfortunately have no other option.
Pros
Easy days once in a while
Cons
Politics
Smelly, Unsafe, Uncaring
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Greeley, COJune 6, 2018
I've heard management refer to production staff thusly:
they stink and they steal.
When I was injured on the job, there was never an acknowledgement that it was due to company negligence. There was no inquiring how I was and I was treated as if I was trying to "scam" the plant!
Pros
always hiring
Cons
you'll want to quit immediately
Sanitation
Sanitation Worker (Former Employee) –  Evans, COJanuary 17, 2018
Hours were horrible. Was hoping to get something what would work with school, they did not want to move me positions until I was hired on.. Unsafe working conditions. Did not train well. Expect you to know what you're doing when you walk in.
Dangerous and unsanitary.
labor entry (Former Employee) –  Greeley, COJanuary 16, 2018
Before you get to operate a grinder the work there is just heavy labor stacking heavy frozen blocks of meats and organs constantly melting and dripping all over the place and your clothes. you don't get frocks like most slaughterhouses. You literally get covered with fish guts, lamb guts, cow guts, and you have to get in your car that way and use your washer. There is constantly a bunch of show-offs swinging pick axes in order to separate the frozen blocks of meat barely missing each other even I almost hit someone several times. They do hand out gift certificates and vouchers to some of the workers and stay and that's nice. It would really be nice if the owners/managers went in there and worked as hard as the workers for a day and got as dirty as them as well and see if that's what they call decency. You need to provide protection from getting 4 different animal guts on you every day and safer ways of doing things. the axe swinging just blew me away as I nearly got struck 3 times in one day and a usually a cautious person but looks like they hire a lot from halfway house and felon type so they take advantage of them.
Pros
gidt certificates
Cons
disgusting
good place to work
Production Worker (Temp) (Former Employee) –  Evans, CONovember 7, 2017
If you can handel the diffrent smells n looks then its a good jobi enjoyed working in treats im going to miss it it wont be back up until jan. Even then tho i dont think ill retern
the worst job
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) –  Greeley, CONovember 6, 2017
by far the worst job ive ever done. mcdonalds was happy hour compaired to this. just work and shut up, no training your there do what they what they say or oyur out
Pros
not one pro
Cons
hateful, manger never around
Work hard alone
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Greeley, COApril 13, 2017
I've never worked at a place like this & it was hard at first it got easier as the days gone by but a lot of people quit. So most of us worked alone I had to lift at least 6,000 to 8,000 Lbs daily
Pros
Healthcare & dental, life insurance
Cons
Long work days
Production good environment
General Laborer (Current Employee) –  Evans, COApril 11, 2017
The job is good there are 6 lines. I work in line 3 the job can be a little demanding but there is times when there is downtime. When that happens usually we go and help other lines until our line is ready to go again.
No Respect from management, over worked and under paid
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Greeley, COApril 10, 2017
This place is sketchy, not the location but the guys running the show here. There is favoritism at it's best. You have to constantly breath in bone dust and be told it isn't a problem. You can see blood going down the sewer lines and thousands of pounds of raw meat be thrown away with no issues. Expect to work a lot of hours and with little pay you will be told your not doing enough. The owner is concerned only about money and his toys that he stores all over the warehouse. Motorcycles, RV's, cars. The shipping and production process is a joke.
Pros
N/a
Cons
Made protein for pet food products
Laborer Worker (Former Employee) –  Greeley, COJanuary 11, 2017
We made food for all pets. The company makes protein foods from raw materials that come from our local beef plant. As well as sanitation after production.
Pros
Good pay and hoirs
Cons
Smells horrible
I enjoyed the time I was there
Night Warehouse Lead (Former Employee) –  Greeley, CO 80631August 8, 2016
My typical day was spent making sure my crew kept the production lines supplied, receiving all inbound loads and getting all outbound trucks loaded on time. I learned how to delegate my authority to make my crew more efficient. The hardest part of the job was trying to cope with upper management in the area of the amount production was producing and the amount of room we had in the freezer in which to store the inventory. It became physically unsafe to work there. I had an awesome crew to work with, that made it very enjoyable to work there.
Pros
Great crew, maintenance crew listened to our needs
Cons
unsafe woking conditions

Ask a question about working or interviewing at All American Pet Proteins. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9