All Children's Hospital Employee Reviews

Featured review
All Children's Hospital selected this as a representative review
Jhach
RN NICU (Former Employee) –  St Petersburg Beach, FLJune 13, 2017
I loved working here. The staff is intelligent with access to the newest and most innovative equipment and research. The nurses care and the facility is amazing.
Dynamic, fast pased environment dedicated to helping chcdlren every minute, everyday!
Director (Current Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLJune 8, 2019
Fun place to work! Love seeing how we support, benefit and positively change the health of children. The hospital is transforming into an academic medical center with growing research and education programs to positively impact the health of children forever.
Very stressful place to work
Laboratory Specimen Processor/ HLA DNA Assistant (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLMay 28, 2019
stressful place to work and it's very fast pace. The training needs to be updated in the lab. The DNA department is really a great place to work because they work as a team vs the lab. The processing department in the lab is dog eat dog world. Everyone is out for themselves and not working as a team.
Average workplace
Systems Administrator (Current Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLMay 27, 2019
People are great to work with but investment in employees lacking. Project work good and employees teamwork is positive. Management are good to work for.
Pros
Great people to work with.
Cons
Investments in Employees in terms of training sorely lacking.
Good Place to Work
Supply Clerk, Central Distribution (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FL 33710May 26, 2019
Excellent on the job training, fast paced and busy environment covers all aspects of inventory control and hospital supply management. Good communication between management and staff members.
Supportive management!
Administrative Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLMay 16, 2019
I enjoy coming to work everyday. I feel appreciated by my director and managers . I have had the opportunity to move up in a short period of time in my department .
Love working Here
PCT/HUC (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLMay 13, 2019
This was first time working at a Children's Hospital, and I love it. The Techs are awesome and the nurses are very helpful. The nurse manager was the best I would definitely recommend this job to any PCT looking for a job.
Stressful
BUSINESS OFFICE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  St. Petersburg, FLApril 24, 2019
Very Stressful work environment. Upper management does not support lower management. Process change daily. You are unable to express your ideas or concerns without fear. You never feel secure in your position. Upper management seems to thrive on gossip.
Benefits
Great opportunities for learning
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLApril 21, 2019
Nice staff, Great opportunities for advancement. Peers could be more welcoming but that is to be expected anywhere I suppose. Clean facility steady growing.
Not what it was before Johns Hopkins takeover
Technician (Current Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLApril 14, 2019
I work here now and joined up prior to the merger with the Mother ship JHMI. It was better run when just plain All Childerns Hosp.
I see them making the same mistakes other companies do after being assimilated by a big named mega company...they lost a lot of the good things that put them on the map in the first place and went totally corporate. Job decriptions are all generic and do not fit ...one size does not fit all. Pay raises are flattened out, you can bust your butt and get the same as the guy who is a problem or sub par worker. Benefits too have become generic. They do not listen to what employees are saying about issues or safety...they made the national news on that one. They talk the talk, but not walk the walk. The trend seems to be they send all the rejects down from Baltimore like Gods from Mt. Olympus to tell all us mortals how to do things...and worship them. Ahhhhhh, no thanks.
All the very top management have gotten the axe in St. Pete FL. And they are still in damage control mode for the foreseeable future. Many people have abandoned ship, plan to or have retired.
Pros
Ok place to start out if you just need a job and can find a niche, or good place if near retirement
Cons
Too much pomp and show with no go.
Review On All Childrens Hospital
Paramedic (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLApril 13, 2019
As an employee in the ER times were good and bad. I had eight long years as an employee and I enjoyed helping children and their babies. I got along with majority of the staff members and the physicians. Great team work at times, but you're always going to have that lazy one. But I miss working there, but Ive moved on and live far away now. Its a pleasant place to work.
Pros
My hours, and working with children
Cons
The deceased
Caring and organized workplace
Sterile Processing Technician (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLMarch 27, 2019
A typical work day at All Children's was nothing short of good work ethic and lots of positive vibes from all Johns Hopkins employees.
I learned that the children are the future and deserve the best quality care at all times. Management was positive and always tried their best to make sure employees were happy. The hardest part of the job was taking flu shots every year.
Exciting and dynamic
Pediatric RN Case Manager (Current Employee) –  St. Petersburg, FLMarch 25, 2019
Busy. I Learned coordination of care and time management. This is a stressful work environment but always stimulating.

Very nice staff, especially the nurses and hospitalists.

Great learning environment.
Pros
exciting
Cons
stressful
FRONT DESK COORDINATOR, OFFICE ASSISTANT, (Current Employee) –  South TampaMarch 22, 2019
I work scheduling all rehab patients at my location, at the moment I am the only Patient Service Rep at my location in Rehab. I enjoy what I do. I do miss any days unless it is scheduled time off.

The hardest part is working alone, it can get a little lonesome.

management is awesome and so is the workplace culture

The most enjoyable part is working with the families and the kids
Pros
The pros are all good
Cons
I have no cons
Some good aspects, frustrating disconnect with parent organization
Help Desk Analyst (Former Employee) –  St petersburg, flFebruary 27, 2019
Overall this wasn't the worst job I ever had, but far from the greatest either.

Elitist attitude among clinical IT staff, poor communication within IT departments, frustrating/antiquated ticketing system, sense of disconnect between parent organization and JHACH.
Pros
Decent atmosphere
Cons
Everything else
N/a
PROFESSIONAL RECRUITER (Current Employee) –  St. Petersburg, FLJanuary 14, 2019
I’ve worked for the company for 12 years under some really great leadership. I’ve been through many of the changes and overall they have been really good to me.
Advancement
Patient Access Representative (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLDecember 5, 2018
Not much room for advancement or the availabilty of leadership classes. Management/Directors seemed to be out of touch with latest changes and their was much turnover.
I enjoyed it
RN CARDIOVASCULAR INTENSIVE CARE UNIT (Former Employee) –  St. Petersburg, FLDecember 2, 2018
I enjoyed my Job at All Kiddies.That said, the politics were never fun and they under paid their nurses. Seriously. The clinical staff I worked with was awesome and REALLY cared about the kids.They do great things and every so often I consider going back :) I'm proud to say I worked at ACH.
good workplace
Service Representative Supervisor (Current Employee) –  St. Petersburg, FLDecember 2, 2018
All Childrens is a good place to work. There are chances for advancement and the work culture is positive. Benefits are a plus and administration are very positive to feedback.
Children First
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  4 SouhNovember 9, 2018
Children based hospital with high standards of care in caring for the pediatric population. Multiple doctors affiliated with hospital. Great learning experience.
Pros
working with kids
A great place to work.
Transplant Financial/Patient Accounts Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLNovember 6, 2018
I learned a tremendous amount of information in regard to Pediatric Heart Transplants and Pediatric Bone Marrow Transplant. The employees in these departments were very dedicated to their mission to work with very ill children and support the parents as much as they possibly could. The hard part of the job was when we lost a terminally ill child. The most enjoyable part was knowing many of the children survived and continued to thrive. It was rewarding to me when I knew I played a small part in this care by researching the insurance benefits and obtaining the required authorizations so that the children were covered and could receive the care they needed.
Pros
Excellent benefits
Cons
High turnover in management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at All Children's Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.