All My Sons Moving & Storage Employee Reviews

very specific selection type for workers
Mover/ Moving helper (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TN 37922February 12, 2019
The moving business is not for just any and everyone.Very tiring and stressful experience. The management was not very organized and did not care for the well being of the movers.
Pros
work until you dont want to
Cons
wage not worth the work/risk
Fun job
Mover/Packer (Former Employee) –  Cherry Hill, NJFebruary 7, 2019
Good company to work for, great tips. The job is a great workout, management is great, you get great hours and you get to travel to different states. Nice work.
Beware
MIT (Manager in Training) (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 5, 2019
I want to make sure everyone is aware of what to expect before applying to the company. You will be sent to DFW area to train, there is a mandatory 8 week min. your will be there. Your first week consist of being a mover in a truck. They will treat you subpar like a temp labor. If you work less than 12 hours a day you will be lucky. If they are behind they will ask you to volunteer on your day off. If you say no your next weekly evaluation will consist of the VP telling you your not committed enough and making you feel there is threats against your job. By the way you only get one day off a week. after the "Truck week" you will be in classroom training where they will teach you there bait and switch sales tactics of basically withholding information from the customers and leaving it to operations to drop final charges and ad ons to them after they have done paid deposit and are 2 days from there move date and don't have any other choice but to get over charged. They hide all this in fast talking scripts and long drawn out emails they hope the customer doesn't read but you will be the one sending them and having the conversations if you are an Ops Manager. after all class room training is done around 4 weeks which will be the easiest four weeks your are put into the DFW office to work and be treated like a slave again. You will work no less than 72 hrs a week so what ever your salary is go ahead and divide it by 72 because that is the most you are making per hour, if your lucky. When and if you do ever get sent to where you originally applied for be ready to work  more... a min of 60 hrs a week with no consecutive days off your will have like a Sunday and a Wed. Odds are you will have to work one of those days. The bonuses they speak of are only achieved after corporate takes there stiffen out of your P&L so don't count on them, they like to spend lots of money on internet ads without your discretion. You will get one week a year off for life after your first year of work and you are only aloud to take it off in the off months so if you have kids your vaca will be while they are in school. You will have no 401K or ESP.  less
Pros
Cons
Low Pay, Extreme work hours
Nothing but lies just a shady company
Inside Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJanuary 30, 2019
Please please read as many reviews as you can because I thought maybe it wasn't as bad as people said but no they were spot on.
During the process they'll tell you about vacation time and personal days which aren't true. If you want to work 50 hours + you will because they'll tell all successful sales managers get to their job 15-30 minutes early. So expect to work from 7:30-7:45am until 6 Monday through Thursday, 5pm on Friday and then 9 to 3:30pm on Saturday. I know it says 9-3 on Saturday for the job but it's 3:30. Training consists of you being flown out to Dallas and being a call center representative for 3 weeks. Bring lots of money to training because you won't get paid until training is about over.
This is probably the worst career ever you're not a manager you're a sales representative and you'll contact the same person 40 times before the lead disappears.
Bonus is up to their discretion as well so even if you did well and your branch is up they can deny tour bonus. Plus bonus is based on the branch performance not individual so you could produce over 100k in revenue for the office and they'll not give you a bonus because the office isn't in the green.
Pros
Free coffee
Cons
Shady company don't have any trust in management
Poor sportsmanship
Mover (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COJanuary 27, 2019
I used to work for All My Sons Moving & Storage they're a bunch of jokes I think management needs to be replaced and a lot more to be done to help company
I enjoyed working at All my Sons Moving and Storage.
Mover and Packer (Former Employee) –  Hilliard, OHJanuary 27, 2019
I enjoyed working at All My Sons Moving and Storage. Everyone was helpful in every way possible. The other employees were great to work with. They were a great company overall.
Pros
Keep you on your feet, teaches you how to work with costumers, taught me how to stay motivated even when tomes got tough.
Cons
No set schedule
Immediately working
Helper (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJanuary 25, 2019
Great worker moving furniture loading boxes organizing dealing with rude customers great sense of humor very understandable person good with conversation
Great work place but needs better management
Mover/Packer (Current Employee) –  Aurora, COJanuary 22, 2019
Good work place and great employees, management need to work on hours and how they estimate the customers overall pay. The hardest part of the job is dealing with a angry customer about the payment.
Great company to work for
IT Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, TXJanuary 20, 2019
I was at all my sons going on 3 years, I worked in the IT field. I truly enjoyed coming to work everyday. The people there were always so supportive. It really felt like a family being there and working with those great individuals.
Pros
Great hours, great pay, and very understanding
Cons
No cons
Invasive Micro Management / Misleading Recruitment
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, TXJanuary 17, 2019
There are some very talented people that work for this company, there are few people whom will tell you the truth and make good on promises. First and foremost there is a big transparency problem with this company. If you are recruited into the "Management Training Program" be prepared for a lot of smoke and mirrors about where you will be going, to what you will be paid and ultimately how much true control you will have. The micromanagement, this company believes in the use of cameras located inside each and every office, these cameras are used as a management tool. (IE if you are away from your desk expect a phone call asking why you are away from your desk) I personally was very disappointed in the over experience from the onboarding, the training and the lack of transparency from the RVP level down. Their recruitment style is very passionate and high energy but it fails to translate during the overall working experience.
Pros
Fast pace
Cons
Culture, Senior Management, Transparency
An alright job.
Customer Service And Moving Services (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 15, 2019
My experience with All My Sons was alright. The hours were terrible, but the pay for me was good. It was very hard work, alot of jobs being apartments on the second or third floor.
Don't bother applying
Mover/Packer (Former Employee) –  Stratford, CTJanuary 1, 2019
Was told I had a job but when I went there to work they said we don't need you today. This happened many times to me. I got fed up and stopped going to work for them. Very poor management with no communication and non-pro people who are supposed to be managers. Couldn't be pimples on managers rear ends.
Pros
Cons
See my comments above.
good place to work
mover (Former Employee) –  Roswell, GADecember 27, 2018
I've worked at all my sons moving and storage within a week until I've been asked to leave due to my ability to commute back and forth to work. Not necessarily mean that its a bad place to work, I liked the atmosphere.
alright, but not for me.
Helper (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZDecember 26, 2018
Management was cool, co-workers were great, I feel like every worked is underpaid for the amount of work and energy they put in. Start at 6 am and dont go home until the job is done, and youre required to be there, AGAIN at 6 am, even if the job ended past midnight.
Pros
Big tips, travel opportunities, can be fun.
Cons
no benefits, long hours, pay kind of sucks.
Don’t Work Here
Assistant Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXDecember 25, 2018
For a company that claims to be family oriented they keep their employees from their families. Way to many hours with minimal rewards. I got tired of people lying to employees that are below them. Promising pay raises to employees but forgetting to adjust or submit paperwork for it week after week. I would not recommend this company to anyone. For employment or to handle their move.
Cons
Management don’t get a lunch break while putting in 12 hour days, constant lying to employees, distrust from supervisors
Must be able to lift heavy things.
Mover/Packer (Former Employee) –  Aurora, CODecember 11, 2018
The job is stressful and is very physical you must have strength in order to work her along with not being clumsy as one wrong move can cause damage to belongings or the house itself.
Pros
Like a Workout while you earn money.
Cons
physical and demanding.
Owner is a jerk
Claims Examiner (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, TXDecember 8, 2018
The owner/manager expected us to lie to the customer all the time, so they didn't pay on claims. Its all about getting money from customers, not caring about damages done to their property. Just a cut throat attitude from Max. Cussing, yelling.
Cons
Lie to customers
The worst
Driver/Mover (Former Employee) –  Roswell, GADecember 8, 2018
The worst job I ever had. A lot of people there that were smart at the mouth but you gotta keep your cool because you may have some things to lose if you do anything crazy. I left the job without knowing when imma have another one m, but I still walked out feeling refreshed and relieved that I never had to go back to them ever again. I don’t even recommend anyone calling them to move their own stuff.
Pros
Travel and Getting paid
Cons
Everything else, every single thing
Move Furniture (Former Employee) –  Port Saint John, FLDecember 7, 2018
My experience weren't that bad. Interacted with other great. It was just that others didn't get paid the right amount for hrs that was put into the job. The management was A little rocky but they can improve.
Pros
Lounging
Cons
Not paid corerctly for work that was due
its a good job to work in
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDDecember 6, 2018
it was a fun job to work in. i learned alot from this job and also my employees that i had around me.. it was fun moving other customers to there other homes

Ask a question about working or interviewing at All My Sons Moving & Storage. Our community is ready to answer.