All My Sons Moving & Storage Employee Reviews

Best company I have ever worked for!
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  DFW, TXNovember 13, 2018
I have been with All My Sons for some time now. The first thing I want to say is that this is by far the best organization I have ever worked for. I have learned a great deal from my time here so far, and every day I feel like I learn more and am able to continue to grow professionally. AMS is also the first organization that I have been with that not only preaches the "family" like culture but also follows through. I have felt very welcome here, and I truly feel like the company values me and actually cares about me as a whole.

Pros: Competitive pay. They definitely value and reward hard work and dedication. There is also a large support staff that is knowledgeable and does an excellent job in supporting my day-to-day. The leadership team with AMS proves on a regular basis that if you work hard, they will always have your back. Although the hours and the job can become stressful at times, there is a fair work-life balance that definitely makes up for it. The paid training provided by AMS is also top-notch. I was brought in as a rookie to the moving industry, but after the completion of training, I felt very confident in my ability to succeed in this profession. Lastly, the equipment used by this company is top-notch. While it is up to the local offices to take good care of their own equipment, AMS has done a great job of assisting in making sure that functional and relevant equipment is readily available.

Cons: Sometimes the hours add up, and the job can get stressful. The moving industry is not for the faint of heart, nor for those who are not willing to put in the
  more... effort.  less
Pros
Competitive Pay, Paid Training, Strong Support Staff, Great Equipment, Good Home/Life Balance
Cons
Stressful, Occasional Long Work Weeks
Meh
Helper (Former Employee) –  Hilliard, OHNovember 12, 2018
The store manager himself wasn't bad, the corprate managment was a bit different however. Very disorganized, and helpers suffered for drivers mistakes such as losing locks, or not being careful driving and breaking items. Some employees were just rude, stealing, or simply bumming with no intent to pay back. The pay wasn't the best either, just a lot that the company needs to improve. I would also like to note overtime pay was not a thing, and if the truck was not loaded you was not paid to be on the road as a helper. It was too big of a loss.
Pros
Travel, free ldr lunches
Cons
Too many hours, not enough pay.
great bonus each month for management
Presently the Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCNovember 6, 2018
This was a very good company until it went public, since the private buyout it has taken the control from each individual branch. The balance of work and life has been compromised. It is expected for you to bee there 12+ hours a day (office employee's).
it was fine
OUTSIDE SALES MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Boynton Beach, FLNovember 5, 2018
they had a great training program loved working for the Peterson's when it was bought out culture, values, etc changed in the company. Perks were you got to manage yourself for the most part, your pay check would depend on you and your closing ability.
Pros
I made a lot of money but it was commission only so did on my own
Cons
bad benefits
No it sucks
Mover (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTNovember 3, 2018
Don't work there it's not worth the time u don't get paid for all the hours u work they short u on your check it was hard work u would leave at 7 am and their isn't a set time u would get back and the customers also tip based on your performance it's fun u get to travel
Pros
Cons
All the breaks u want
Fun, Positive and Fast Paced Enviorment
Booking Agent, and Sales (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXOctober 30, 2018
come in, book jobs and meet quota by the end of the month. was a really positive experience working at this company. Management was very up beat and really easy to work for.
Fun place to work
Mover/Packer (Current Employee) –  Simpsonville, SCOctober 28, 2018
I love to work for the company. They are friendly and helpful and we strive to get the work done in a manner able time. They provide accurate time at getting off and is a safe place to work.
fair
Helper\driver (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 26, 2018
Good working with this company,moving things around , learned a lot about customer service , and how to conduct yourself in a professional manner. The culture was diverse and got along for the most part, there really wasn't a hard part of the job, and the most enjoyable part was the people.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
low money
Ok place
Mover/Demolition/Truck Operator (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 25, 2018
It’s a job not the best but a job. The jobe is very seasonal. I will say the travel experience and learning Atlanta is about the best part Of working here
All my sons
Moving Helper (Former Employee) –  Mechanicsville, VAOctober 25, 2018
It’s not a bad job, it’s hard work and no brakes usually, it has chances for opportunities but you have to really go after it and there are chances to get tips but not everybody tips or tips well.
Pros
Tips
Cons
No overtime, fluctuating hours on a whim
Great place
Mover/Helper (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COOctober 24, 2018
It’s fun if you like to lift things and if you work hard. The pay could be better but overall I believe it’s a good job. It’s not to hard and it keeps you moving all day
Really cool place to work at good way to workout and get in shape
Mover/Driver (Former Employee) –  Lake Dallas, TXOctober 23, 2018
Overall a great company great hard working people with good work ethics. Some drivers although we’re stingy and mean and they always wanted the credit even though the jobs were a team effort
Horrible place to work. Terrible management
Mover/Packer (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDOctober 20, 2018
Wrongly terminated with no reason what's so ever. Company doesn't care about it's workers, overworked 6 days a week and underpaid. Management is stuck up, needs additude ajustment bad. Won't even treat you like a human being. Glad to be working for someone else. Wouldn't recommend this job to anyone in Boise
Cons
10 to 12 hours a day 6 days a week, underpaid for the amount of work you do, horrible leadership
Hard Work Is The Key To Success
ASSISTANT OPERATIONS MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, FLOctober 19, 2018
In short, the company has a great structure, if followed correctly it can open a lot of doors for you in the future. Hard work and dedication is the key to being successful. If your not willing to put in the time and effort and justify your work with an hourly paycheck it will not make sense financially. Customer service and satisfaction is this companies main goal and you are expected to maintain that standard.
Pros
Team Morale, Exceptional Customer Service, Tips
Cons
Long Hours, Physically Demanding, Poor Training
Wasn't A Pleasant Experience
Lead Moving and Storage Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAOctober 16, 2018
not a good place 2 work. Bad work environment, no job security, no communication in management, no consideration for the health & welfare of the employees. Sketchy billing procedure which angers customers.
Pros
tips.
Cons
no breaks, disgruntle customers, too many hours off the clock, & no overtime pay eventhough you work well over 8 hrs/ day, 40 hrs/ week, 7 days/ week.
Deceit to retain
Manager (Current Employee) –  TexasOctober 15, 2018
Are not made fully aware when given the chance to make a decision. Expected to work 12 hours, 6 days a week. Sometimes later than 6 pm and still expected to be back by 6 am the following day. Sundays are demanded also.
Pros
alright bonuses
Cons
schedule, pay, stress, lies, demands with no logic.
Great
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, TXOctober 12, 2018
Good Company. Never enough attitude. Good upper management. No complaints. Learned alot. Grinding those numbers everyday. Passion for sales. Nothing bad to say.
Cons
Always busy, with no boring down time.
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVOctober 12, 2018
A very supportive work environment with complete training. Latitude to suggest and implement improvements. Focused on customer service and satisfaction. Excellent benefits and bonus program. There is not enough space to describe e a typical day at work except to express that multitasking is incredibly necessary. I learned quite a lot about logistics as well as in depth customer service including maintaining constant contact with our customers to ensure their satisfaction. The hardest part of the job was separating employees when behavior called for dismissal. The most enjoyable part of the job was hearing positive feedback from satisfied customers.
Pros
support and a second set of eyes when needed
Cons
Potential 18 hr work days
Needs to be more truthful
Moving company (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCSeptember 25, 2018
A lot of problems coming within the main office and people trying to be the boss when that’s not in their job description. It wasn’t ran to the best of its abilities. Short on work for days and days with employees wasting their time coming in to work.
management was terrible
Driver-supervisor (Former Employee) –  Spring, TXSeptember 19, 2018
I would never recommend this job to anyone. Management does not care about the well being of any employee. All they care about is money, they forget the employees make them.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at All My Sons Moving & Storage. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about