All Pets Animal Hospital Employee Reviews

Horrible management
VETERINARY TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Encinitas, CANovember 20, 2018
Management is uncaring and not helpful. Patient care lacked due to lazy techs and some doctors. Many techs complained on a daily basis. Too much drama.
Pros
Insurance
Cons
Everyrhing else
Great place to learn.
Kennel Technician (Former Employee) –  Encinitas, CAOctober 25, 2018
I learned about teamwork, and how to get started in the industry it was honestly my dream job. I learned many skills. Management wasnt very well, they constantly fired people. I enjoyed the family feeling of working there
Pros
Free lunches, opportunity of growth
Work Description
Veterinary Nurse (Former Employee) –  Bentonville, ARAugust 6, 2018
I wasn't ever really bothered by the physical work itself or the "gross" factor that could definitely be associated with it. I never really minded the customer service part either or the fact that I was on my feet 24/7. The worst part was working with fake people who spent time poisoning the well until a time came when I realized I was becoming negative so much like them. The other part is that those that conform make proper wage or even overinflated ones compared to their experiene, IE suck ups and manipulators, those that don't ... don't. I made several friends here and liked more of the Dr's than disliked them but the tipping point for me was having a degree and making less than the burger flippers next door while enduring the emotional passive aggressive abuse from the "mean girls" and not getting paid enough to make it the least bit worthwhile.
Pros
pet care discounts
Cons
No paid lunch unless it is a staff meeting, schedule is made a month in advance and very difficult to swap shifts
Very caring enviroment
Pet Bather (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAMay 11, 2018
I worked in the grooming department. The staff was loving and caring to the animals. Treated them as if they were their own. The groomers do a fantastic job.
Relaxed slow paced environment
Veterinary Assistant/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Oakwood, OHApril 12, 2018
Great place to work. Hands on job, employees are a good group to be around helping each other as a team if a problem were to arise this office does it as a team and not against each other
Pros
Fun working environment
Cons
No benefits
Productive and fun.
Veterinary Technicians Assistant (Current Employee) –  Clovis, NM 88101January 24, 2018
A typical day at work is very fasted paste. I've learned quite a bit about the job. The management is great. The culture is very diverse. The most enjoyable part of work is that everyone is like family there.
Overworked and under-paid
Emergency Veterinary Technician (Current Employee) –  Katy, TXDecember 21, 2017
All Pets Animal Hospital is severely mismanaged. Protocols are changed all the time and there is no consistency. It seems like they are always experimenting with new ideas that don't work, while trying to save a pretty penny on hourly pay but simultaneously increasing prices for customers. Hardly ever get to have a lunch break. Passive aggression runs rampant. Senior staff has ego's and bad attitudes that make the environment toxic and drama all too common. They offer an employee discount of 20% but for me I bring my dog to work and end up doing a majority of the care they want to charge me for. Doesn't make sense. The expectation is that employees should be thankful to have a job, and that they will not be spoiled. Most of the time, it is an unprofessional atmosphere where employees are yelled at and treated like children.
Pros
Reduced pet care
Cons
Hourly pay
Stocker/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Katy, TXMay 30, 2017
Clock In, Check Stock of Products, Answer Emails

Time Management, Customer Service, Orginazation, Communication, Sales

Enjoy The Customer Interactions
Pros
Free Pet Boarding
Cons
Short Breaks, Not Enough Work, Slow
great place to work. Was sorry that I was forced to sell it.
DVM (Former Employee) –  Staten Island, NYApril 5, 2017
Spent entire day seeing clients and doing surgeries. Learned how to run a successful practice and practice good medicine as well. The hardest part is always putting a pet down but it's typically the best part as the pet is suffering with no chance of getting better..
Pros
great balance of seeing clients and performing surgeries.
Cons
Too much drama running a hospital.
They believe in teaching you
Animal Care Technician (Current Employee) –  Katy, TXMarch 3, 2016
Working with animals is the best part of working here. You have the option to work in different areas of the hospital and learn as much as you can. They have boarding, medical day and emergency, physical therapy, and grooming. They see all types of pets.
Fast paced hospital environment.
Client Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Katy, TXFebruary 17, 2014
Very interesting fast paced environment, positive up-beat co-workers.
Pros
Wore scrubs so saved money on the wardrobe budget.
Cons
Required to work holidays.
Great
Kennel Worker (Former Employee) –  Clovis, NMNovember 1, 2013
If personal issues did not come into play then I would definitely would have worked for this company. The people are great and I love animals.
if you like animals
Kennel Assistant (Current Employee) –  West Babylon, NYOctober 29, 2013
My typical day at All Pets contest of cleaning and maintaining the cages through out the day, help give treatments to the animals who need them, setting up and bringing in the cilents into the exam rooms. The management is okay,wish it could be better
In-Patient Nurse and assisted surgeries
In-Patient Nurse (Former Employee) –  Katy, TXSeptember 6, 2012
Provided intensive care for hospitalized animals including all vaccinations, blood withdrawals, EKG’s, radiographs, dental and general exams.
Assisted in the majority of surgical procedures and follow-up discussions with pet owners; charged by the doctors to precisely record all information for future reference.
Pros
i love animals so getting to work with them was exciting, very detail-oriented and fast paced, ton of responsibility especially in surgeries, family like atmosphere
Cons
none that i can think of
Educational Veterinary Clinic
Head Veterinary Technician Rehabilitation (Current Employee) –  Katy, TXMay 18, 2012
A very high pace environment. I started in the back cleaning kennels and working my way through college to now running rehabilitation and also doing IT support for hardware and software. Hardest part of the job is losing pets to a number of things and seeing the looks on the owners faces.
Pros
work with animal
Cons
very stressful job