Allan Myers Employee Reviews

management was bad work hours were bad
Dump truck driver (Current Employee) –  Rockville, VANovember 18, 2018
was promised promotion within the company never saw promotions offered but management favorites were promoted before ones who deserved it. managements favorites got the hours while the hard workers were told take day off. employees are kept in dark about whats going on and employees getting cussed out by supervisors
Pros
great benefits
Cons
management and pay
Exciting place to work.
Heavy Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Fallston, MDNovember 16, 2018
This was a fun place to work because I really enjoy doing this type of work, but honestly there were just too many problems with the people that worked there. That's the reason I'm not there anymore.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Hours were terrible
Travel not worth the pay.
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Fallston, MDOctober 23, 2018
My last job at AM I was traveling 100 miles one way to get to the site. I listed I was only willing to travel 45 miles at the most. The pay and milage on my car wasn't worth it.
Pros
Great company
Cons
Travel
Productive and safe work environment
Carpenter/Equipment Operator (Current Employee) –  Fallston, MDOctober 3, 2018
Great company to work for amd benefits. Great managers and work force. Well trained and professional. Like goin to work everyday and learning something new
A very productive and safe job
Carpenter (Current Employee) –  Fallston, MDOctober 3, 2018
Allan Myers had a great atmosphere and I really enjoy going to work everyday and working for my Superintendent and co-workers. Provides a very safe work environment well trained employees. Its a very demanding and strenuous job. Accomplishing the daily task and watching the bridge come together.
Great core values, bad way of treating employees.
Dump Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Elkton, MDSeptember 21, 2018
Great company core values safety is something they stress a lot about. However, there management is a joke and if one person dosent like you that is friends with a higher up then your life becomes really hard. The guy they have running the three plants up here is a joke. He’s arrogant and pushes everyone against each other. If you work night shift they don’t care what you have to say. If you work day shift your high and mighty yet they are required to share trucks. Night shift drivers usually run asphalt which is usually a 10-12 hour night but if you have the truck out past the time the day shift driver needs it you get wrote up and personally harassed. When they know you don’t determine what load you get and they don’t want you driving above the speed limit. I think the worst part is that they have a list with every employee on it and to get higher up the list all you can do is work there longer. They don’t care about the kind of work you do or how you drive. Seniority is based upon how long you’ve been with them, period. They need new management that is willing to listen to all there employees not just there little cliques.
Pros
Pay, benefits.
Cons
No breaks, no family time, harassment from other workers and higher ups.
Laborer/Operator (Current Employee) –  Glen Allen, VASeptember 8, 2018
Always pushing to get the job done on time treats employees pretty well but as far as the formans go from what I see everybody in competition with each other when in all actuality everybody suppose to be working as a team a family
Pros
Learn some real cool things learning how to operate heavy machinery
Cons
No breaks eat as we work
Good people, fast paced
Plant Operator (Current Employee) –  West Point, VAJuly 13, 2018
Allan Myers is an incredible place to work as someone who has been in the industry and enjoys that type of work. They're forever growing, and provide a ton of growing. They will however, work you to death.
Pros
People, enviornment
Cons
hours
I really like working at Allan Myers, but the truck I drive is very uncomfortable for me, and it takes a toll on my everyday.
Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  VirginiaMarch 25, 2018
I love working at Allan Myers, but the truck I drive is very big and I move the seat up as far as it will go and I still can't reach the clutch without leaning forward. This takes a toll on my feet, back and legs and everyday I go home, I am sore. I love this job, and if I can get a new truck I will retire at Allan Myers, I like the crew I work with, management is good to me, I just need a new truck, that would make my job so much easier, and I will stay for the long haul.
Pros
good pay
Cons
My truck sucks
Very Challenging Company
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAMarch 22, 2018
You will work a lot of hours. Constant back stabbing from employees to advance themselves. No family life. Very fast paced. Too many chiefs not enoug Indians
Pros
Pay
Cons
No life
Ok place to work
Heavy Equipment Operator (Current Employee) –  Worcester, PAFebruary 20, 2018
They have a great family orientated workplace, but lack of knowledgement of skills is the main reason people leave. Work is being supressed to other states.
Cons
Rising healthcare
Wasn't a bad place to work
Fuel Tank Driver Delivery (Former Employee) –  Norristown, PAFebruary 4, 2018
Wasn't a bad place to work.. Had up to date equipment to work with also would make sure that safety was a big part of there training program... Always wanted to get there employee back home safe at the end of a workday...
Construction Laborer (Former Employee) –  PennsylvaniaFebruary 2, 2018
Anyone can build career at Myers. Great opportunity to advance your skill and learn new ones. They pay well and the benefit is great. I enjoy working way myers.
Productive Place
Driver (Former Employee) –  Rockville, VAJanuary 27, 2018
Great place to work if you need money and want to get paid every week.. Its better if you don't have any kids. Takes up your whole life sometimes it depends on how you manage. I loved it and would go back.. You have to try it for yourself. You get a 3 month winter break to relaxe.
managment
Driver (Current Employee) –  Elk Mills, MDJanuary 22, 2018
thinks we have to work 14 hours a day 60 hours a week...suppose to be a family oriented company but work always comes first...favoritism is out of this world there
You are just a number to them
Welder (Former Employee) –  Worcester, PAJanuary 14, 2018
This company doesn’t care about the employees that actually make the company money. It’s all about the people in the office. When they get slow your only a number to them and they will drop like nothing, it doesn’t matter how many years you worked for them. Too many people in management that never experienced out in the field and have no clue what it takes to get a job done
Fun, laid back work place
Dump Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Rockville, VAJanuary 7, 2018
At Allan Myers you work with a bunch of cool laid back people. There’s really nobody to look over your should to make sure you’re doing what you’re suppose to. I would recommend people to work there.
Unpredictable
Dump Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Elkton, MDJanuary 3, 2018
The work and hours aren't the problem. It's poor planning, scheduling and poor leadership. And seniority is used for favoritism instead of production.
Pros
Good equipment
Cons
Lie about no layoffs, favoritism, poor communication from supervisors, treated like a number, poor planning, not the family atmosphere that they claim unless you've been there 4 years!
Hard work but always around good people.
Concrete Laborer (Former Employee) –  Worcester, PADecember 27, 2017
When I worked the motto was "Home Safe Tonight"....... that only applied to when the job was ON schedule. The work was hard and the hours were long but at least you had good people that were around to help.
Not a fair place
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Fallston, MDDecember 3, 2017
No job security too much favortism and they are quick to get the job done and layoff and fire people
Not a good place to work be beter off working for smalller companies
Pros

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Allan Myers. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about