ALLDATA Employee Reviews

Learning Experiance
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Elk Grove, CAMarch 28, 2018
A typical day would consist of answering and transferring about 100+ calls. Sort and file mail. Data entry. Prepare invoices to be paid. Great merchants and provide security badges.
Pros
Clean and safe facility
Comp plan changes frequently
Business Solutions Manager (Former Employee) –  EarthMarch 19, 2018
In my short time, comp plan changes drove up quota and added nothing to compensation. Effectively lowering the % of commission. Required uniform passed off as a dress code, training was an absolute waste of time as the real world is unfamiliar to those who dont sell their product.
Pros
Home office
Cons
Unrealistic expectations, poor upper mgmt, frequent network outages
Good place to work, but...
Intern (Former Employee) –  Elk Grove, CAOctober 26, 2017
Overall, ALLDATA is a good place to work, hours can be flexible, depending on the position, and the benefits are good. Turnover is high if you are in sales. Layoffs happen at random.
Pros
Free lunches with meetings
Cons
You could work your butt off, and not get recogition
Can be stressful
Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Elk Grove, CAOctober 25, 2017
Telesales position can be tough, very driven by business competition, economics, and can be seasonal. Working environment is very cut throat if you do not meet you quota requirement
Pros
salary plus commission
Cons
high turn over in sales
Good Company
Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Elk Grove, CASeptember 14, 2017
I think Alldata was a great company to work for except when they hired a new billing manager who made changes that were not necessary and let go some of the top performers on the team just to out source the position.
Pros
Co-Workers & Pay
Cons
New Billing Manager
Company Overview
Technical Support Supervisor/Manager (Former Employee) –  Elk Grove, CASeptember 11, 2017
I loved the people that I worked with at ALLDATA and my supervisor was amazing however we were all grossly underpaid, the company was ran by a group of southern men in Texas who had no idea how to run a large profitable organization.
Pros
interesting industry, great people
Cons
poorly run at the CEO executive level
Irrelevant
Library Research Specialist (Former Employee) –  Elk Grove, CAJuly 20, 2017
I haven't worked for this company for nearly 15 years. There should be a skip option for some of these reviews. I mean seriously, most of the people I worked with are probably gone anyway.
Went downhill quickly
Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Elk Grove, CAJuly 3, 2017
In four years being there I had four managers. Two quit, one (the first) stepped down. Our parent company made a drasict change in business systems the first year I was there that took close to the rest of my tenure to recover from. By that time, the company started pinching nickels at the expense of customers, and the rats were jumping off the ship.
Pros
Free coffee & tea, excellent gym
Cons
No positive feedback, poor leadership
Glad to be gone
Business Solutions Manager (Former Employee) –  Elk Grove, CAApril 28, 2017
Poorly run organization

They changed their salary and vehicle lending right from the start

Would not see this as a long term position that would be rewarding and personally satisfying
Productive and Fast-paced.
Director of Sales Effectiveness and Development (Current Employee) –  Elk Grove, CAApril 28, 2017
ALLDATA is the market leader in providing electronic OEM repair information in the Automotive mechanical and collision repair business segments. It is an exciting place to work.
Company in Transition
Territory Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTFebruary 3, 2017
ALLDATA as a company was built on delivering solutions to clients. Autozone purchased ALLDATA and began a cultural shift to transnational business, causing a disruption in culture and execution. In the long run this may be an effective transition, but in the short term it is very disruptive, and potentially placing ALLDATA at a competitive disadvantage.
Pros
Solid, well known product, big marketshare
Cons
Rapid management changes highly disruptive
Automotive Repair DB for independent Auto facilities
Director of Operations (Former Employee) –  Elk Grove, CAJanuary 23, 2017
Company growing in a niche market for automotive repair companies in North America and Europe. Owned by a larger aftermarket auto parts compan, ie. AutoZone.
Sales Rep
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  KansasNovember 30, 2016
Alldata is automotive software for repair shops and dealerships. It is up to the sales representative to create his/her own leads and develop a sales territory.
Excellent Company
Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Elk Grove, CAOctober 3, 2016
AllData is an excellent company to work for. I worked as an Inside Sales Territory Representative. The training program is one of the best I have ever trained with. AllData also has an excellent benefits program,
best product on the market for auto repair info
Out Side Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Knoxville, TNJuly 7, 2016
Alldata has mostly the best product on the market for engine repair info. it a fun job i love my customer. Sometimes it's changeling but over all it's great.
But our management is horrible. I don't mean the management right above me. I'm talking about from the top down. We have had some change to our management, but it always seems to be the same. We are own by autozone and that may be were the problem is. I think autozone is a great company. Alldata seems to rule by Kayos. There are always on going changes. Mostly pay and territory. They seem to always be tinkering with it.
Pros
great product
Cons
upper management
territory manager
Territory Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  soutnern illinois territoryMay 15, 2016
managed by me for the majority of my employment
learned to manage my daily time
upper management began micromanaging
the most enjoyable part of the job was helping a struggling shop by more efficient
Pros
home office based
Cons
micromanged
A market leader being challenged in a very competitive industry.
Regional Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Elk Grove, CAMay 8, 2016
Competition has gained market share and product advantages over traditional product lines. Rapid adjustments are being made to create a customer driven work environment and value added product offerings.
Telesales Software sales
Telesales Representative (Current Employee) –  Elk Grove, CAFebruary 11, 2016
The Alldata sales culture is fast paced, short sales periods, and commission is low unless you hit quota and exceed then it is pretty good.
You will live on the phone and use the Microsoft CRM tool. Cubicle environment makes you know your co-workers well. Compensation plan has changed 4 times in the 2 years I have been there. Some things that should change, don't. Other things that should be set and kept constantly change...
Pros
Good benefits, Peets coffee
Cons
Unstable mgmt
Horrible Place to work
Senior Field Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Elk Grove, CANovember 14, 2015
Management has no clue and is in it for themselves....
Products are outdated with no future in site....
Very untrustworthy people and environment.....
I would not recommend to my worst enemy....
Pros
None other than money
Cons
They are con artists stay away...
Not the best place to work
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Elk Grove, CAOctober 12, 2015
Lack of communication from management, along with NO marketing plan makes this a lousy telemarketing job. Expect to cold call B2B with 75% of your calls being Disconnected.

With a few changes, like putting money into the products, coming out with a strong marketing plan, and better leadership, this could be a great company.
Pros
Free Coffee, Tea
Cons
Poor Communication, BAD Management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ALLDATA. Our community is ready to answer.