Allegan General Hospital Employee Reviews

Allegan
Patient Access Specialist (Current Employee) –  Allegan, MIJanuary 21, 2019
Great tight nit community hospital. Employees are wonderful, CEO has a good outlook. Being a small community hospital presents financial hardships. The hospital supports staff the best they can.
Productive and fun workplace.
Patient Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Allegan, MINovember 28, 2018
Overall I enjoyed my time spent working as a unit tech and Med Surg clerk at Allegan General Hospital for over five years. It is an exceptionally clean hospital with a great team of caring professionals.
Allegan General Hospital is a great place to work.
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Allegan, MINovember 11, 2018
I love working for Allegan General Hospital. I wish to maintain my current employment, but am looking for additional opportunities for hours. Allegan values its employees and profits opportunities for benefits and advancement.
Summary
Emergency Room Registration Clerk (Current Employee) –  Allegan, MISeptember 12, 2018
Not at this time. I am continuing to type because I cannot get out of this screen without doing so. I do not have an opinion to share at this time. Thank you
Productive work environment
Obstetric Charge RN (Former Employee) –  Allegan, MISeptember 5, 2018
It's rewarding to know that you have made a difference in the lives of patients and their families. Patients are so appreciative of the cares they receive.
Na
Patient Access Specialist I (Current Employee) –  Allegan, MIJuly 31, 2018
Great Place to work for... I would tell all my friends and family members. Has great pay and hours. All the people that work there, are great to each other and get along like a big family
Pros
CO workers
Great Culture
Medical Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Allegan, MIJune 8, 2018
Allegan General Hospital is a great company to work for. The culture is amazing and the staff are kind, caring, helpful, and knowledgeable. The staff strive to give the best care possible.
Limited hours, job cuts
Registered Nurse/CCU Resource (Former Employee) –  Allegan, MIFebruary 25, 2018
Restructuring caused loss of jobs and lack of security. Pay was comparable to other hospitals, but lack of chances for advancement. Friendly environment.
Disappointed overall
Patient Access Specialist (Former Employee) –  Allegan, MIFebruary 23, 2018
In the time I worked here I gained valuable experience and knowledge and overall enjoyed what I did, but as far as recommending them as someone to work fir, I wouldn't. The management is non existent when it comes to training, communication, showing appreciation, or at the very least being a present participant in the everyday operations. The work load you are expected to do on a daily basis is equivalent to the work load of about 3 people. The compensation is not worth what you are expected to do on a daily basis. It is not a happy environment, went home feeling both mentally and physically exhausted everyday.
Pros
Pto, some great co-workers
Cons
No training, no raises, no incentives, financual instability, poor management
Stressful environment with poor communication and training from mgt
PATIENT ACCESS ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Allegan, MIJanuary 17, 2018
Used to be a great place with great coworkers. Poor communication between management and staff and poor training. Given job tasks without tools or training with unattainable expectations.
Pros
close to home
Cons
poor management
Some good parts to the job. Like helping the patients.
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Allegan, MIJanuary 10, 2018
Best guess with all the staff cuts in all departments and management staff cut in half basically, that there may be a probably. Absolutely the most toxic environment I've ever witnessed.
Benefits
small hospital
RN, operating room (Current Employee) –  Allegan, MIOctober 17, 2017
AGH is a small town hospital with minimal room for advancement. I have felt very welcomed since I started with AGH. Overall I feel it is a nice place to work.
Pros
feels like family
Cons
financially unstable
A friendly work environment
Internship (Former Employee) –  Allegan, MIJune 11, 2017
I interned at this facility earlier this year, and had a wonderful experience. Everyone I worked with was friendly, and eager to help me learn. I gained a lot of valuable experience while I was there, and noticed how much growth I saw in myself for being there for such a short amount of time.
Pros
Friendly, community focused
Professional, fun place to work
Patient Access Specialist (Current Employee) –  Allegan, MIMarch 26, 2017
Working at Allegan General Hospital inspired me to go the extra mile with my patients. My coworkers became friends and my supervisors were my mentors. I love working at AGH.
great place to work
Perioperative nurse, (Former Employee) –  Allegan, MIDecember 23, 2016
This company highly values their employees. They encourage continued education, employee involvement. Management cares about the staff as people, not a number
Changing policies to make a buck, no longer care about their employees
Certified Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Allegan, MIOctober 31, 2016
Used to be a wonderful place to work, in the past year has become more like a corporation, laying people off to save a few bucks, changing policies now when you put two weeks notice in they give you half of your accrued vacation time. Froze wages while dumping more work on existing employees, employees and providers are fleeing fast! Seems good at first until you realize where you start is where you will stay forever, no advancement, no benefits anymore, did away with yearly uniform allowance and raises.
Pros
Flexible schedule, nice people
Cons
no common sense in corporate, high turn over, no raises, no benefits
Great hospital to work for
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Allegan, MIOctober 2, 2016
Allegan General Hospital was a wonderful hospital to work for with great staff. There was a strong feeling of team collaboration and much room for growth. Yearly goals were set and met to strive to be the best and work hard to succeed.
Pros
Team work and support to advance
Cons
Being a small town hospital, not a lot of diversity.
Had fun
Clinical Exercise Physologist Intern (Former Employee) –  Allegan, MIMay 11, 2016
Had a lot of fun learning from my supervisor. Everyday I got to meet new people with a lot to say. AGH is a great place to work, they are one of the top 100 places to work in Michigan.
Truly valued
Med-Surg Nurse (Former Employee) –  Allegan, MIApril 28, 2016
At Allegan General Hospital you feel truly valued and appreciated as an employee. The leadership there goes above and beyond to be an encouragement and uplifting to their staff.
Great co-workers
Patient Access Associate II (Current Employee) –  Allegan, MINovember 27, 2015
The staff here is wonderful and the work environment is fast paced. In this position we have to be flexible and multitask to do our jobs.