Allegheny General Hospital Employee Reviews

terrilbe place of employment
Registered Nurse - Medical Intensive Care Unit (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAMay 2, 2018
nursing staff is of union mentality and doctors are careless and mindleless in their teaching approach. Dirty and heartless place of care. never staffed appropriately
Research Intern
Junior Research Intern (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAApril 17, 2018
I was a volunteer intern that was allowed very flexible hours and little commitment. Gave me great experience for my future. Extremely interesting and involving.
Amazing.
Radiology Transcriptionist (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAApril 5, 2018
I loved this job. It was never boring. I learned a lot and felt like I was making a difference with every keystroke I took, even though I worked from home.
overall it was a good place to work
Patient Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAApril 2, 2018
It was a stimulating job, enjoyed the patients and working with the patient population. I didn't work there very long as I had a family situation that necessitated my departure.
demanding and unsafe
Registered Nurse, Staff (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAMarch 20, 2018
very understaffed. makes the work day very difficult to adequately take care of patients. trying hard to make positive changes, just don't see them coming any time soon.
Suitable for Internship
Department of Neuropsychology Intern (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAMarch 14, 2018
Great internship experience with suitable supervisor that is understanding of class schedule. Only there for three months but was a fun work environment
Cutthroat environment with exceedingly poor unit director
Registered Nurse, Telemetry, Step (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAMarch 3, 2018
The job itsself is fantastic - challenging in a good way, interesting cases, teaching hospital environment - but the management on the 12th floor is exceedingly poor. The director is two faced and exceptionally catty, promotes her favorites despite lack of qualification, and has no qualms about lying to other departments about the conduct of her employees. I was passed up for a promotion and immediately following this the director began attempting to force me out of her department. I did enjoy my time working at this facility until i was targeted by the director. The staff on the floor are friendly and dynamic, the Supervisors are helpful and kind. If tehre were a different director i never would have left this job - would likely have stayed life long.
Pros
friendly co workers, interesting patinets
Cons
horrible upper management
Great location
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAMarch 1, 2018
I worked in the security department for several years. Hospital staff were friendly and worked toward a common goal of protecting our patients and their property. Interaction with the patients and helping them when needed was the best work experience.
Because the main campus sits in inner city Pittsburgh, the emergency room of a level 1 trauma center was sometimes a challenge
Pros
Fellow employees, work schedule, support of managers
Cons
long commute, busy emergency department, parking
not applicable
Night Staff Pharmacist (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAFebruary 26, 2018
It's been so long since I have worked here, I am not sure my review would be very reflective of the current work environment there. I left because I was the only night shift pharmacist. They replace my position with two people, if that says anything.
great place to learn
Student (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAFebruary 24, 2018
I was a student at this hospital doing my clinical and it was a great place to learn. Those who worked there really wanted to teach and be sure you would be prepared for the future.
fast paced
Registered Nurse (RN) (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAFebruary 24, 2018
Very fast paced job with critical patients. supportive staff and ancillary team members. Most enjoyable part of the job is improved health of the patient
Pros
great learning experience
Cons
short staffed
Nurse
Care Manager (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJanuary 13, 2018
Workplace is being a nurse. If you like nursing than work as a nurse. Nursing is fun. Nursing is enjoyable. Nursing is rewarding. I enjoy nursing as a profession
Love the medical field
Department Secretary (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PADecember 29, 2017
Cannot comment online. I am grateful for the job opportunities that it has provided me to move up.Started in housekeeping and was offered a job as a nursing assistant. I was then offered a job as Unit Secretary and then offered a job as Dept. Secretary. I never had to look for a job, it always came to me! I am grateful for that as I had no formal schooling for any of these jobs. Never a complaint in 30 years about my job performance
Productive, great work place, great worker, team players
NURSING ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  3 east north aveDecember 27, 2017
Loved working there, would always come back! Great place to learn especially if your going to become a nurse one day. Great teach unit! 5c is a great unit!!
great place to work
Surgical technologist (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PADecember 6, 2017
Great management, flexible hours. Supportive team work, paid time off. The best part of the job is the environment. Basic day to day work life. great staff.
Competitive pay but poor management
Cardiovascular Surgical Technologist (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PANovember 23, 2017
The operating room staff is divided into specialties. Those individuals who know more and do more are not compensated for their work and knowledge. Since AGH is a union the employees who work hard are rewarded with more work, while those who do the bare minimum get away with the protection from the union.
Pros
competitive pay, nice co workers
Cons
union, poor management
good place to work
SYSTEM OPERATING ENGINEER (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PANovember 15, 2017
good place to work.under local 95 contract. union job. very laid back easy job. management good. easy workload. good benefits. recommend to any of local members to breeze into retirement.
Fun place
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAOctober 13, 2017
Did housekeeping there for a short time. The time I did work there it was a ok place to work ok people work there as well. Work the hours I needed and them some.
Fast paced it can be very stressful
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAOctober 12, 2017
The manager was very nice when I worked there. Some nurses are rude to the house keepers. You gotta be very careful cleaning those hospital rooms there
Dietary Host
Dietary Host (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PA 15212October 11, 2017
Worked performing required duties needed to complete assigned job, and complete in time required. There are always days when last minute requests are made that interrupt flow of duties.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Allegheny General Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

Allegheny General Hospital Reviews by Location