Allegheny Health Network Healthcare @ Home

Allegheny Health Network Healthcare @ Home Employee Reviews

Mismanaged amd misdirected
Manager (Former Employee) –  Ford City, PAJune 20, 2018
Horrible to work for. Unappreciated, underpaid, and talked down to. No wonder everyone is always looking to leave. Ford City Healthcare at Home location is going down the tubes.
N/a
QA Analyst Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJune 14, 2018
There is no room for growth. This department only brings in employees from previous jobs they worked at together. The moral of the call center is not very positive.
Supportive leadership, room for growth
Clinical Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Warrendale, PAMay 27, 2018
Working for AHN Healthcare at Home has been a wonderful experience. The management team truly seems to care about what is important. Specifically, quality patient care and a healthy work/life balance for the staff. There is plenty of room for growth for those that are both interested and motivated. I can honestly say I love my job and the people I work with.
Pros
Supportive management, very competitive pay
Cons
To many changes to quickly with no one to give a direct answer
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAApril 2, 2018
Work load is heavy and long hours. No work life balance. No support from mgmt. To wide of a coverage area for nurses. To many changes to quickly with no answers or explanation of what's expected of staff. Rules change daily. Nurses are treated as if they are expendable, replaceable,and interchangeable. Horrible scheduling and inability of scheduler to read a map for assignments makes work unbearable. Management has no concern for field staff. To many meetings and mandatory educations that are planned for convience of mgmt not staff. Repeatitive charting in multiple places. Software is convenient for mgmt not field staff. Complaints fall on deaf ears. Mgmt makes many empty promises in order to appease with no follow through.
Pros
Health benifits
Cons
See above
Compassionate and genuinely care about the Staff.
Executive Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Warrendale, PAFebruary 5, 2018
Having worked for a number of Healthcare companies in the area, you will not find a company more compassionate and caring towards their staff and the needs of their staff. Very competitive pay and benefits. Passionate about the services and quality of care they provide.
A Good Company To Work For
Support Staff Admin (Current Employee) –  Warrendale, PAFebruary 1, 2018
I have been working for the company for over 4 years. It is a company that is growing very fast. We are set up with great long term vision. Change will always be around in the healthcare business. This company is handling the changes fine and looking for better ways to improve all processes. I am confident in the current leadership that they have us all set up for success.

I love the people I work with. I feel like I have friends at work and I enjoy what I do. There is never a dull day. If you are lazy and don't want to pitch in and help other departments or co-workers, then this company is not for you. There is abundant opportunity for growth within.
Pros
Offers Benefits, 401k, Discounts, Generous PTO
Cons
Health Benefits are expensive
Some growing pains but great place to work. Really great staff!
Support (Current Employee) –  Warrendale, PAJanuary 31, 2018
We have grown quickly over the past several years and recently added a new software system. The changes have been a little stressful but literally everyone I talk to is going through the same things at their company. Technology changes are impacting all industries and sometime you just need to ride out the pain and then things get much better. BEST group of people I have ever worked with. You couldn't find a kinder, more supportive group than Healthcare@Home.
Pros
Staff, culture, growth
Cons
Growth, very fast pace
Stable place to work
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PADecember 26, 2017
I left an agency that I had been with for a long time to come to this agency. My old agency always operated under distrust of their employees. AHN H@H is very different. The expectations were clearly mapped out for me when I took this job and management has stood behind that 100%. I have been given the tools and resources needed to be successful. I truly appreciate and enjoy the people who work here. The ultimate focus is patient care and I believe the team successfully meet this objective.
Pros
Trust, loyalty, benefits
Cons
Growing extremely quickly
Great supportive place to work!
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Warrendale, PADecember 18, 2017
I have worked here for 5 years and have advanced from field staff to management. I have been very happy here and have no intentions of leaving. Great supportive environment. Upper management really care about employees and are involved in the day to day operations. I have worked for other smaller homecare companies that have been nightmares! Very minimum traveling for field staff. VERY competitive pay rates!
Pros
great coworkers and supportive management. good pay
Cons
office moved and is further drive.
Great place to work with focus on caring for patients!
Support Manager (Current Employee) –  Warrendale, PADecember 15, 2017
I have been with the organization for many years. I have seen it evolve over the last 3 years. AHN H@H has grown a lot which provides a lot of opportunity for me and others. With that growth at times come challenges but I trust that we are working through those and are a better company for it. My teammates are caring, compassionate and great clinicians. I would highly recommend AHN H@H to anyone!
Pros
Flexibility, Patient care focus
Cons
some days require longer hours

Want to know more about Allegheny Health Network Healthcare @ Home?

Ask a question
The best place I have worked as a nurse
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Warrendale, PADecember 14, 2017
I left long term care to come to home health. This was the best decision I have ever made. I never knew what a work/home balance was until I came to AHN. The most enjoyable part of my job is the one on one time with each patient. The hardest part of my job is having to be completely flexible (though any nurse knows this is necessary). I am able to make my own schedule based on my needs and the patient needs. There is an abundance of education provided and I never felt "alone" in the field. There was always someone to reach out to for questions. I am able to get supplies I need from the home office or from ordering and delivered to my home. There is room for growth in the company as well. My only regret is that I did not make the move sooner.
Great Culture
Director of Staff Development (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PADecember 14, 2017
I have worked with AH@H for approximately 13 months and it has been a great experience. While fast-paced at times, I have learned a ton about the home health environment and have been provided a significant amount of resources and support from the company.
Pros
Environment, Culture, Leadership
Cons
The overall regulatory requirements of healthcare
Poor leadership
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Warrendale, PADecember 12, 2017
Poor leadership. Poor decisions from management. Job security is always a mystery. Employees come and go randomly with no warning. No autonomy. Unpredictable environment. Problems continue to trickle down to staff instead of upward to be fixed. Pay was fair.
Pros
Fair pay. Nice lunch breaks
Cons
The above noted.
Been with them for a long time
Support Sevices (Current Employee) –  Warrendale, PADecember 12, 2017
I have been working with this agency for over 10 years. I began with Celtic then followed when they joined forces with West Penn Homecare. While I would like more of a work/life balance, I have no desire to leave the company. I love the people I work for and with. I feel like I have friends at work and enjoy what I do. This company has also cared for my loved ones over the years and provided excellent care to them in their time of need. I never though this is where my career would take me -healthcare was not something I planned to get into. As a non-clinician I am amazed at how well I have done for myself here and hope to stay and retire from the organization when the time comes.
Pros
Luncheons, Caring employees, Good salary, Room to grow if Clinical
Would recommend
Speech Language Pathologist (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PADecember 10, 2017
I would recommend this company to anyone. They provide excellent training upon hire. I also feel that managers are there to support you and assist as needed. It’s also nice to be able to make your own work schedule
Pros
Make own schedule, good training
Loved our staff and working in hospice. Management had very poor communication. Seems all they cared about is the bottom line and not the paiients
RN Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PADecember 8, 2017
Loved our staff and working in hospice. Management had very poor communication. Seems it is all about money and the bottom line . We provided such loving care to the patients and families. Future families and their loved ones will now not be able to receive our specialized, loving care.
Pros
Wonderful staff to work with
Cons
overall a nice place to work, lots of changes recently but continues to be a nice place to work
Physical therapist (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PADecember 6, 2017
This company has been through a lot of changes recently, there have been periods of frustrations with the change, though what company doesnt have some frustrations. overall i believe this is a good company with good employees. i would recommend this job to anyone who is organized and is proactive.
A great company with a vision for hiring great people and providing good opportunities and support for them
RN Case Manager Hospice (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PADecember 6, 2017
This company has had several major changes since I started. We have changed management, many field staff who didn't want to change the way they did things to meet CMS standards were let go-this was after much re-education. This job is not a job for those who are not self disciplined. If you think you deserve to go see your patients and then be done at 2 then you should look elsewhere. If you like the flexibility, ability to schedule your own patients, get your work done on your own then this is the job for you. Once you learn the software you are able to get your charting done in the home, with the exception of admissions which will require an additional hour outside the home. The management is very supportive and listen to what you have to say because they are building something bigger, to last. The aches and pains of building a home care agency that has excellent staff will be worth it. This management has taken on what most companies won't due to the painful process required. If you are tired of working with lazy, entitled staff and want to work with a management that will support you in your job then this is definitely the job for you.
Pros
great work/life balance and management
Cons
must be self disciplined, self directed
Focus on excellent patient care
Supervisor/Manager (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PADecember 6, 2017
The nurses and staff are all extremely dedicated, and work great as a team. The leadership is committed to work life balance and excellent patient care. Compensation is generous. Your efforts and time are acknowledged and rewarded. Education and support is available 24 hours/day. Room for advancement. This is a great place to work.
Pros
Flexibility, generous compensation, great support
Cons
There is always room for improvement
Expanding company with many opportunities for advancement
Physical Therapist (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PADecember 5, 2017
I have been very pleased with my time working at Healthcare@home. The scheduling provides flexibility to manage a work life balance and the compensation is better than most jobs in the Pittsburgh area. The job is challenging, but offers room to grow within your field, daily opportunities to learn and a collaborative team to help when needed. The documentation can be difficult, but no more difficult than any other health care company in the area. Every job has pluses and minuses, but I definitely feel the positives outweigh the negatives with this company.
Pros
Flexible scheduling, challenging/learning environment
Cons
Pay per visit with no base salary

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Allegheny Health Network Healthcare @ Home. Our community is ready to answer.

Allegheny Health Network Healthcare @ Home Reviews by Location