Allegheny Health Network
63Average

Allegheny Health Network Employee Reviews

United States769 reviews
Innovative and respectful to employees
A very diverse, respectful, and employee-friendly environment. Provides continuing education, good comprehensive orientation, and encourages self-improvement.
Loved working their, everyone was Great to work with, including management...
I loved working their...Great place to work including management...Always there to help w/ any issues, even personal...I had to leave for personal reasons otherwise I would of never left...
Never recomend anyone to work at AGH ever work place harassment and HR does nothing to help
Management not for employees. Not a fair work environment. Never been treated so unfairly. No lunch breaks. Not staffed properly. Don't recommend anyone to apply.
Cons
A workplace with many challenges
Many challenges and growing pains. High turnover rate fueled by unsupportive myopic management, no comradeship, no mentoring, poor management support. Until management changes the me, me, me environment, turnovers will continue at an alarming rate, and successful project on time completions will continue to suffer.
Management really cared about nursing staff
I enjoyed working at Forbes Hospital. My manager was amazing and very supportive. AHN culture is patient-focused, but occasionally I felt that decisions were made by the higher-ups that impacted both staff and patient safety negatively. My manager often went to bat for the staff, but sometimes could only accomplish so much with upper management. I don't think this is much different than anywhere else. The small community atmosphere at Forbes was very friendly. I wouldn't hesitate to work there again. I left due to personal reasons and not due to anything at AHN specifically.
Pros
good work life balance
Cons
Patient and staff safety impacted occasionally
Job seekers rely on your experience.
Horrible company to work for !
Where do I start? The pay was horrible, management was horrible and they didn't listen to any of the employees concerns . Favoritism, nepotism and the list goes on an on ! One of the worst job experiences I've ever had in my life.
Working for Allegheny Health Network sucked
Where do I start. Their recruiters lie through their teeth. Management just literally want warm bodies, then could careless about your Onboarding. If the herd doesn't like you - meaning you are a decent non- gossiping, positive person, they will ensure that you get fired or make your work day a living h*ll until you can't talk yourself into going back another day.
Disjointed lacking good leaders
Worked here as a non clinical admin. The network has certainly grown with various mergers and acquisitions. However the overall management and lack of leadership is apparent. I think it’s those disappointing traits that are harmful for the organization and the patients.
Poor management
Management is out for theirselves. They don’t care about what the employees fill or need. They would rather see a customer be happy than an employee. This place needs a big change. It has so much potential
This is a terrible place to work. They only care about their bottom dollar!
Run! Everything they sell you on is a lie! The CNA role there is treated like bottom feeders. Management has no clue what’s going on and when they do they lie about it. Supervisors gossiping about employees like high school kids. Disposable. They are hiring people with less experience on with more pay than their dedicated employees.
No advancement hire outside of company high turnover
This is a typical call center job. You must really have empathy and love to help patients to enjoy this job because everything down to how its managed is a typical call center. I felt like a number and easily replaced.
Training was good- however you never seemed to be able to get assistance from the leads or team supervisors when you needed it and this negatively impacted the patients.

You have all the stress of working in a big call center atmosphere without the benefit of a commission pay to offset the short comings and stress.

Initially you go to a big "welcome aboard" meeting to meet all the upper management (people you never see again) and you are told how amazing the company is and how lucky you are to be there- then reality hits. You are just a number, your chances of being replaced are very high- they have a tremendous turn over of employees at Allegheny Health Network. They do spend a great deal of time on training you until you begin taking calls, but all that time apparently means nothing because out of an average group of 10-15 people, they may have 2-3 that stay on (either quit of terminated) beyond a year. There is seriously something wrong with that.

I am happy to be looking for my next career opportunity not my next job.

I hope this helps anyone considering the Allegheny Health Network.
Great pay, poor management
The management is a joke at AHN. You never feel like you are important and constantly hassled at work. There is a lack of communication in the company. One of the worst places I ever worked at.
I love my job!
I love my job. First job I’ve had where I actually enjoy going in and doing my job! Great place to work! Hope to continue to grow here. I also love the gym!
Pros
Work life balance. Coworkers.
Cons
Low pay for my job compared to other health networks.
A dangerous place to work!!!
My boss was abusive to me and many of the black female employees. When I told HR, he set me up to get jumped while I was working at the end of my shift! HR let him get away with everything and he used that as an excuse to fire me out of retaliation. I tried to get help, but apparently it's ok for people to attack you at work in PA then get blamed for it and have your previously good work record destroyed
Pros
Most of the people are really nice
Cons
Very toxic work environment!!!
Not loyal
They are not worried about the patients or staff at all!!! They will force you into situations without explanation & demand decisions without having given adequate knowledge or obtaining the entire story .
The job experience was the worst i ever had in my life
I had the worst experience working at the call center for AHS .The manager was horrible the staff as well. We were warned not to work there because of the high turn over rate. Over all it was just a horrible job and experience. Would never recommend the job to anyone.
Enjoyed the people I worked with,salary was good
Work flow could have been managed better. We all helped each other get the work done. Coworkers were very nice and easy to work with. Hardest part of the job was learning the different formats and terminology.
Awful employer
Worst place to work. Ever. Three CEO’s in 12 months. Firing of nationally well-established physicians while maintaining their own that were often ill-prepared to care for patients. Would not trust this place at all.
I work at A.g.h for 10 yrs I have a life full of experience there.
One of the reason's why i work at Allegheny health Network is the commute. It's not far from my house and close to my kids daycare. I know everybody and most of their family members. I enjoy the work that i do but i need a different atmosphere.
Do not work here
The schedule is horrible for elite representatives. Attendance is based off a point system and even if you have a doctors note you still receive points. It's like they don't trust their own medical staff.
Pros
Cons
Horrible supervisors, the only way to get promoted is based off of who you know
Overall good job

Travel not too bad

Doctors are awesome

Weekends off

Family work environment
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Allegheny Health Network. Our community is ready to answer.
Women's ratings

3.0Fairygodboss Score

50%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

0%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.