Allegheny Health Network Employee Reviews

No values
Billing Clerk (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAMarch 20, 2019
The staff is not loyal to one another. A lot of sneaky stuff goes on in the billing departments. The same people get promoted and it’s not a great place to work so don’t waste your time.
Benefits
Cons
No loyalty, gossiping allowed
Work Schedule
Medical Assistant I (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAFebruary 10, 2019
Made the day go by fast with fast pace schedules and granted learning opportunities with classes and tuition reimbursement programs however with a fast pace environment you need help being the only MA for two providers with heavy schedules it is difficult to keep providers on time for appt.
Pros
fast pace
Cons
only one MA
Fast Moving Hospital
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJanuary 28, 2019
Very fast paced. Lots of walking. Lots of learning experiences. Fun people to work with. Management is wonderful. Floors are very helpful with directions.
Prestigious and improving
RN (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJanuary 26, 2019
I loved working at AGH when I was a new nurse, I learned a lot over the years but it has changed since being taken over by the insurance company. I will be forever grateful for what I have learned.
Pros
Many great people work there.
Cons
Can't hold on to some of these people.
Very disorganized, Frustrating for those who want to get to work.
Billing & Coding (Current Employee) –  Erie, PAJanuary 25, 2019
Difficult to get a hold of HR. Pay is often not calculated properly.
Not many other employees know how to access things in the system, often takes a village to do some of the simplest tasks and as soon as you get comfortable & experienced with something, they change it.
Pros
hourly wages & benefits are good for this area
Cons
Nothing ever goes smoothly.
stress and reward
SECURITY OFFICER (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJanuary 23, 2019
Working as a patient attendant can be stressful, and can be rewarding as well. A lot of this depends upon the patient and the staff you are working with.
Pros
Assist with getting positive patient outcomes
Cons
may be assigned to violent or suicidal patients
A lot of learning and things are changing daily.
Office Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Natrona Heights, PA 15065January 20, 2019
The job is very demanding at times. Most of the girls are nice to work with. A typical day at work , I clock in, check emails, log into computer, pull up daily schedule of patients coming in for the day, and check them In as they come in the door , get their insurance cards, DOB , address driver's license, signatures where needed. Answer telephones in between. Collect copayments, balance the day, do the daily deposit. As patients are leaving the rooms schedule them appointments. One for testing and the other for a follow-up appointment. There are a lot of tests that are mandatory on the computer. You have to do set up goals and are reviewed quite frequently. Management is ok. The work culture is good.
The hardest part of the job is finding time to get everything done in the amount of time you are at the office. Too much work for part time help. It is also very hard to sit in one place for a long period of time especially when you work your 8 hour shift.
The most enjoyable part of the job is talking with the patients and finding out what is wrong with them and seeing what testing is going to be ordered on them for their next visit.
Pros
Pension and paid time off.
Cons
Too long to sit in one place.
Treated well as a consultant
Consultant; Graduate Nurse Training (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJanuary 16, 2019
I was only there for a short time on a consultancy basis and was treated well. Often times they would give me a parking token so parking was free. Information was easy to obtain although the connection to the network was often difficult to obtain if supervisor was not present.
Love this job
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJanuary 15, 2019
The emergency department is a welcoming culture of medical professionals working together as a team in the best interest of patients. It is a great learning environment and management is very approachable.
Good company
Phlebotomist/Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJanuary 2, 2019
I worked there a very long time ago and don't feel confident to leave an actual review at this time. I was a lane tech and traveled to other facilities in that roll
Pros
Shifts
Cons
Travel
Overall great place to work at
1-year residency (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJanuary 2, 2019
Workplace culture is relaxed and friendly. Inter and intraprofessional collaboration is encouraged instead of a cut-throat working style. The most enjoyable part would be - as a resident, you get PTOs, meal tickets for lunch (which saves you a lot of time prepping lunch), free parking, and health benefits.
Patient information associate (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PADecember 26, 2018
It was a good place to work. The hours were Monday thru Friday, with at least 1 Saturday per month that you had to work. My manager was also amazing to work for.
productive
Patient Access Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Erie, PADecember 21, 2018
I feel as my workday is a lot different then others. First I started out in the float pool and then I went full time. People that are in the float pool do not care what they do during the day. they come to your office to help you but tend to sit on there phones all day.
My Personal Growth
Coding Specialist (Current Employee) –  Erie, PADecember 12, 2018
I went through the ranks at SVHC and learned many things in areas that I did not expect too- as a unit secretary and front deskclerk. These areas helped me in billing and coding. I became more active with the AAPC after networking with many of the hospital professional coders. I continue in my journey of growth by staying an active member with the AAPC.
Hospital management lacks leadership and is trickled down to their emoloyees
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PADecember 10, 2018
Fulltime hospital employees are cut throat and negative towards new nurses and travel nurses.
Allegheny network iis very unbalanced and outlines the hardest assignment s to their travelers and boasts about placing their traverlers over ratio 1. Fulltime nurses at Allegheny spend .ore time gossiping about each other than taking care of the patients. The environment setting for patirnts is loud and uncaring leaving unanswered call lights and patients begging for assistance , leaving the NURSE traveler always in a bind. Full-time staff is always overlooked in their poor behavior towards patients because it s a tight network of who knows who. I myself enjoyed the experience working TRAUMA and also challenged myself on handling the admissions and discharges as fast as they came to me. It was very sad noting the revolving door of patients who continued to come in with the same notable problems not being resolved.
Pros
Patient care, trauma general surgery experence
Cons
Being bullied by the fulltime staff and their ongoing gossip
ping pong place
Medical Scheduler Secretary (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PADecember 5, 2018
work as a medical secretary in the main operator room scheduling patient for surgery. I learned the proper instrument for different procedure. Very fast paced but
stressful workplace
FOOD SERVICE ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Erie, PANovember 20, 2018
Busy, stressful days. Lack of communication, and poor management. Short staffed, job load doubled almost every day. Rude customers or patients. Same lunch menu every month
Pros
good coworkers, easy to make friends
Cons
stressful and hectic at times

Comment – November 21, 2018

Thank you for your feedback! We will pass this along to management.

help people and wheelchair go to room and fix up room
Nursing Assistant Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PANovember 15, 2018
i love it was great working other people help people with wheelchair and surgery going to rooms cleaning up communicating teamwork leadership responsibility and be a role model
Started while construction was in progress
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Greensburg, PANovember 13, 2018
My work culture that I brought to the center was a open door policy at all times, confidentiality at all times. Learned how to start a center from construction to totally open and daily operational with patients. The most enjoyable part of day, was to see the daily operations succeed and the staff work together and work together to solve issues and problems together as a team. At times the hardest part of the day was working with a Medical Director that would not communicate or take the time to get to know staff or have input on issues, only to raise voice and try to destroy a positive working atmosphere.
Productive job skills.
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Belle Vernon, PA 15012November 12, 2018
During my employment I enjoyed front and back office skills. This helped me increased professionally. The workplace was in a close proximity to my home.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Allegheny Health Network. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Allegheny Health Network.

Powered by Comparably