Allegheny Health Network Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Epic EMR is a great careee
Associate IT Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAAugust 10, 2018
Great leadership within the company. Accessible management to go to for advice.

Hours are quite the norm except during go-lives but you should know this going in.

Lax work environment.

Great Co workers.
Pros
Not micro managed
Cons
Low pay for large cities i.e. Pittsburgh.
Uncomfortable place to work
SBO Rep 1, Epic CCC (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAAugust 3, 2018
On the phone the entire day.
Learned how the insurance billing works for multiple companies.
I don't feel that management truly appreciates their staff, they are unorganized, disrespectful at times, tries to treat you like a child.
Never know when one person or manager will turn the other cheek on you
Pros
Day job 8-4:30
Cons
No paid vacation time, no sick days, low pay
Horrible place to work
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJuly 29, 2018
Hope that you do not have any medical problem ever if you choose to work for these ignorant people. They do what they can to lie and get rid of you just bc of a medical issue. They think it's funny and get off on doing this. After 3 years I finally got out of it...m
Pros
Insurance
Cons
Everything else
company with good intenions, tough job
Single Billing Office Representative (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJuly 25, 2018
I truly believe that AHN wants to be a great healthcare provider as well as a great employer. I was very excited to be a part of this company after being new to the region. After learning the ropes through a very dedicated training manager and sitting with experienced coworkers, I quickly found that the job itself has a lot of flaws. The entire billing procedure is very flawed-particularly the confusing statements and the payment posting logic. The ones higher up who have the power to bring these problems to light and work towards a resolution did not seem to care at all, they made weak promises for a resolution over years, but made sure to push *collections* in every single morning meeting. My supervisors and managers were severely overworked because the ratio of supervisor to employee was terrible. We lost a supervisor to serious illness, and all their duties fell to the one supervisor left, and manager. For an entire floor, responsible for all the billing for the ENTIRE COMPANY. Because it wasn't in the budget to hire another supervisor, or promote from within. I was incorrectly taxed several times which HR ended up confirming was their error as all my paperwork had been correctly filled out, and missing an entire half of my first paycheck when I had worked the entire pay period, forced to wait 45 days for reimbursement because HR is very difficult to reach. Once you can get ahold of a representative, they quote the policy ver batim, then open a service request which takes a full 10 business days before it gets worked. I've worked for several places, in much worse  more... positions, and this job was just defeating. Will never work for them again.  less
Pros
Updated office, supervisors will do anything to help you
Cons
strict about anything time clock related, impossible to get help from HR, tolerated mean patients
productive
VOLUNTEER (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJuly 23, 2018
A typical work day was pretty stressful because there were constantly patients checking in to be seen. I learned that work isn't always slow paced. The management here is very kind. The workplace is very appreciative. The hardest part of the job was being able to keep up with all of the demands of the job. The most enjoyable part of job was that it kept you busy constantly.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
volunteer position only
Productive really liked working with my co-workerd
OR Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJuly 20, 2018
My job was fast paced and very exciting and interesting. I got a lot of experience working in the operating room. All of our staff got along for the most part. I wad glad to be apart of the team
Pros
Monday thru friday
Cons
Needs a better management team
It's just an "ok" company
Registration Representative (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJuly 19, 2018
The company could use some intense diversity training. The company could also become more competitive with the salary since they're growing tremendously in the city of Pittsburgh and beyond.
Pros
There's one in every area
Cons
expensive parking
ok
PATIENT INFORMATION ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJuly 17, 2018
great work experience. it allows you the chance to grow and to meet people. from a different walk of life to help them to heal physically and mentally
Pros
they pay well
benefits
Love everyone I work with
Associate IT Systems Analyst (Current Employee) –  Allegheny, PAJuly 15, 2018
The best thing I can say about working for AHN is the people I work with. I could not ask for a better team, we all help each other out and I feel as if we are family. I have been working for AHN for about year and a half. I am concerned on where my career is leading if I continue to work for AHN. It seems almost impossible to move up the ladder. I have showed interest in other positions but it with a recent hiring freeze it doesn't look like a promotion or a different opportunity will be available in the near future....
Pros
Work life balance, great company culture.
Cons
no opportunity to advance
Horrible Place
Health Care Specialist (Former Employee) –  Jefferson Hills, PAJuly 2, 2018
Don’t bring your family here. Got to a real hospital in Pittsburgh. MD’s give medication to patients who do not need it. So much insurance fraud here, it is mind blowing.
Fun place to work
Office Clerk (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PA 15216June 26, 2018
Entered into patient medical records lab reports. Filed in nurses office patient records, called lab for correct lab reports. Worked with the supervisor daily
Pros
Allowed to set own hous
Cons
Stressfull
Management management management
Cardiovascular Surgical Technician (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJune 25, 2018
Management made my experience horrible, from the front desk to the managers to the lead techs ... all a mess. Scheduling was not what it was made out to be when I was interviewed. If you want to be talked down to, this is the place to be.
Cons
Shuttle, parking, managment, rude coworkers
Health Coach
HEALTH COACH (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJune 21, 2018
Health Coach position is relatively new. It has been exciting to work with MD's to make this position a success. There has been a lot of changes, sometimes daily trying to figure out making the position useful.
Pros
helping to make the position successful
Cons
not alwways knowing how to make it successful
good platform to start
Associate IT Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJune 18, 2018
None that i can think of. Was j a good platform to start as an entry level Information technology professional . All in all good experience for me during my time there
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Monroeville, PAJune 18, 2018
Short staffed a lot of the time by the staff there does work together. There is a lot of room for advancement in the workplace. I very much enjoy working here.
Fun Productive
Patient Access Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Wexford, PAJune 14, 2018
Working at AHN working at the Health and Wellness Pavillion full time doing Registration. Working rotating shifts and weekends and moving to different areas throughout registration.
Travel Assignment
Contracted MRI Technologist (13wks) (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJune 4, 2018
This was a 13 week travel assignment. Staff was wonderful. Great work experience at a level one trauma center. Great workplace for development. No complaints.
I.T. Support Intern (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJune 4, 2018
If you like IT desk support, working here is great. Everyone in the department works hard, and there's more than enough computers for everyone to manage effectively.
Supportive company, plenty of room for advancement
Clinical Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Warrendale, PAMay 27, 2018
Working for AHN Healthcare at Home has been a wonderful experience. The management team truly seems to care about what is important. Specifically, quality patient care and a healthy work/life balance for the staff. There is plenty of room for growth for those that are both interested and motivated. I can honestly say I love my job and the people I work with.
Pros
Competitive pay, supportive management
Cons
Top heavy non profit organization.
CRNP (Current Employee) –  Natrona Heights, PAMay 25, 2018
Administration no longer cares about its employees/retention/patients or their health. Insurance does not belong in health care. CPA's should not be making medical decisions. No profit organization Administrators with 7 figure salaries that can't even retain employees And their figures are in the red Should realize there is a problem.....

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Allegheny Health Network. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.9InHerSight Score

2.5Personal Development

3.4Career Opportunities

2.9Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight