Allegheny Health Network Employee Reviews

It's just an "ok" company
Registration Representative (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJuly 19, 2018
The company could use some intense diversity training. The company could also become more competitive with the salary since they're growing tremendously in the city of Pittsburgh and beyond.
Pros
There's one in every area
Cons
expensive parking
ok
PATIENT INFORMATION ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJuly 17, 2018
great work experience. it allows you the chance to grow and to meet people. from a different walk of life to help them to heal physically and mentally
Pros
they pay well
benefits
Love everyone I work with
Associate IT Systems Analyst (Current Employee) –  Allegheny, PAJuly 15, 2018
The best thing I can say about working for AHN is the people I work with. I could not ask for a better team, we all help each other out and I feel as if we are family. I have been working for AHN for about year and a half. I am concerned on where my career is leading if I continue to work for AHN. It seems almost impossible to move up the ladder. I have showed interest in other positions but it with a recent hiring freeze it doesn't look like a promotion or a different opportunity will be available in the near future....
Pros
Work life balance, great company culture.
Cons
no opportunity to advance
Horrible Place
Health Care Specialist (Former Employee) –  Jefferson Hills, PAJuly 2, 2018
Don’t bring your family here. Got to a real hospital in Pittsburgh. MD’s give medication to patients who do not need it. So much insurance fraud here, it is mind blowing.
Fun place to work
Office Clerk (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PA 15216June 26, 2018
Entered into patient medical records lab reports. Filed in nurses office patient records, called lab for correct lab reports. Worked with the supervisor daily
Pros
Allowed to set own hous
Cons
Stressfull
Management management management
Cardiovascular Surgical Technician (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJune 25, 2018
Management made my experience horrible, from the front desk to the managers to the lead techs ... all a mess. Scheduling was not what it was made out to be when I was interviewed. If you want to be talked down to, this is the place to be.
Cons
Shuttle, parking, managment, rude coworkers
Health Coach
HEALTH COACH (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJune 21, 2018
Health Coach position is relatively new. It has been exciting to work with MD's to make this position a success. There has been a lot of changes, sometimes daily trying to figure out making the position useful.
Pros
helping to make the position successful
Cons
not alwways knowing how to make it successful
good platform to start
Associate IT Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJune 18, 2018
None that i can think of. Was j a good platform to start as an entry level Information technology professional . All in all good experience for me during my time there
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Monroeville, PAJune 18, 2018
Short staffed a lot of the time by the staff there does work together. There is a lot of room for advancement in the workplace. I very much enjoy working here.
Fun Productive
Patient Access Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Wexford, PAJune 14, 2018
Working at AHN working at the Health and Wellness Pavillion full time doing Registration. Working rotating shifts and weekends and moving to different areas throughout registration.
Travel Assignment
Contracted MRI Technologist (13wks) (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJune 4, 2018
This was a 13 week travel assignment. Staff was wonderful. Great work experience at a level one trauma center. Great workplace for development. No complaints.
I.T. Support Intern (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJune 4, 2018
If you like IT desk support, working here is great. Everyone in the department works hard, and there's more than enough computers for everyone to manage effectively.
Supportive company, plenty of room for advancement
Clinical Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Warrendale, PAMay 27, 2018
Working for AHN Healthcare at Home has been a wonderful experience. The management team truly seems to care about what is important. Specifically, quality patient care and a healthy work/life balance for the staff. There is plenty of room for growth for those that are both interested and motivated. I can honestly say I love my job and the people I work with.
Pros
Competitive pay, supportive management
Cons
Top heavy non profit organization.
CRNP (Current Employee) –  Natrona Heights, PAMay 25, 2018
Administration no longer cares about its employees/retention/patients or their health. Insurance does not belong in health care. CPA's should not be making medical decisions. No profit organization Administrators with 7 figure salaries that can't even retain employees And their figures are in the red Should realize there is a problem.....
A fast paced environment
Supervisor Patient access (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAMay 23, 2018
Working on the floor as a Rep and not a Supervisor. However I did learn in some cases, you can not volunteer yourself to do It all you are one person working with a Management team. The Management team should pull their weight as well.
Pros
Working with a great staff
Cons
No lunch break
Ok Job, Slapdash Management
IT (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAMay 21, 2018
While I really like my manager, there is very little communication from the hospitals down to the lower levels of corporate until it's almost too late to execute the projects. Higher management and executive level say they are going to improve our working conditions, yet we see very little payoff from that.

However, I really like the people I work with, and there is enough independence to learn a variety of good skills. I'd say it's a great jumping-off point.
Pros
Work from home program, flexible schedule, high PTO
Cons
Management is hit or miss, deadlines can be very rough
I work for a great Doctors and Co-workers
Clinical Associate (Former Employee) –  Canonsburg, PAMay 18, 2018
Working at my office it has been a very experience. It is very busy all the time but, we all work together to get the job done. The Doctors that work at my Office are helpful.
Pros
Co-Workers
Cons
A lot of Micro Managing from outside the office
Prefer not to Review
Project Manager for Epic Optimization (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAMay 14, 2018
I prefer not to provide a review at this time. The company is in a period of growth and under stellar Senior Executive leadership. Recommend working here.
Growing Job Positions
Hotline Server (Current Employee) –  Erie, PAMay 10, 2018
The job itself is not a hard job. It has great benefits in my opinion and the hospital do make sure their workers are compensated nicely but the communication between management and employees need more work. I would overall recommend to try it out.
Pros
Fair compensation
Cons
Management Communication
unsure
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  West Penn, PAMay 10, 2018
AGH was a difficult place to work there was always a problem with the work that i did even through i did the work the way i was trained, the management at the office was horrible. since then the management has changed and so has the staff so there are different people doing the training and new office manager running the place so i hope it is better than when i was there.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Allegheny Health Network. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.9InHerSight Score

2.5Personal Development

3.4Career Opportunities

2.9Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight