Allegheny Health Network Employee Reviews

Hospital management lacks leadership and is trickled down to their emoloyees
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PADecember 10, 2018
Fulltime hospital employees are cut throat and negative towards new nurses and travel nurses.
Allegheny network iis very unbalanced and outlines the hardest assignment s to their travelers and boasts about placing their traverlers over ratio 1. Fulltime nurses at Allegheny spend .ore time gossiping about each other than taking care of the patients. The environment setting for patirnts is loud and uncaring leaving unanswered call lights and patients begging for assistance , leaving the NURSE traveler always in a bind. Full-time staff is always overlooked in their poor behavior towards patients because it s a tight network of who knows who. I myself enjoyed the experience working TRAUMA and also challenged myself on handling the admissions and discharges as fast as they came to me. It was very sad noting the revolving door of patients who continued to come in with the same notable problems not being resolved.
Pros
Patient care, trauma general surgery experence
Cons
Being bullied by the fulltime staff and their ongoing gossip
ping pong place
Medical Scheduler Secretary (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PADecember 5, 2018
work as a medical secretary in the main operator room scheduling patient for surgery. I learned the proper instrument for different procedure. Very fast paced but
help people and wheelchair go to room and fix up room
Nursing Assistant Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PANovember 15, 2018
i love it was great working other people help people with wheelchair and surgery going to rooms cleaning up communicating teamwork leadership responsibility and be a role model
Productive job skills.
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Belle Vernon, PA 15012November 12, 2018
During my employment I enjoyed front and back office skills. This helped me increased professionally. The workplace was in a close proximity to my home.
great coworkers
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PANovember 11, 2018
Very long hours and extended shifts. co workers always worked well together. management was always at meetings and difficult to talk to. positive attitude by all.Enjoyed the higher tech pts and the challenges that came with it.
Pros
good pay
Cons
very rarely had a full lunch break
Love the employees and co-workers, management gave no developmental training
Supervisor, Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PANovember 10, 2018
Pay was reasonable but you were required to work 50+ hours a week on salary, including weekends with no overtime pay and any bonus pay was well below the overtime rate of an hourly employee.
Pros
Love the culture and helping patients. Very rewarding
Cons
Management provided poor leadership and no developmental coaching
Good pay
MOHS SURGICAL TECHNICIAN (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PANovember 6, 2018
Good competitive pay, and nice hours. Big hospital and great doctors. Was a good place to work, and a good stepping stone to further my career. I would recommend friends to work there
Short staffed
Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Erie, PANovember 4, 2018
Nice place to work but like everywhere high acuity doesn't equal appropriate staffing. If this issue could be corrected would be much easier to work. Promotes a safer working environment.
A decent company.
Environmental Services Associate (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAOctober 31, 2018
I've been with AHN for over a year, and it's definitely not the worst job I have had. Most of management is pretty nice, and they're a big company. Their shifts are usually the traditional 1st, 2nd and 3rd but they can be flexible, which I appreciate a lot. The major thing I enjoy is that you will always get your 40 hours (or however many hours you get) - they will never ask you to leave early. I have opportunities to get a little more hours by coming in early/on my days off.

The pay isn't too horrible, we recently received a raise (+$1.07). The PTO is great - you receive some every pay and it never expires. The limit is about ~140 hours and after you hit your limit, you can't accumulate anymore. If you call off, your PTO will apply that day if you have enough in your bank. You can join the AHN credit union, go to the Highmark Gym downtown for free, various coupons and discounts for local businesses online. Every year you get 2 free tickets to Kennywood.

You receive a free flu shot and TN test each year.
Pros
Flexible, employee health clinic, health insurance, Pto, coupons and discount, access to gym
Cons
Management can take a while to do anything, pay out of pocket for clearances, certain hospitals can be way too fast paced
Good Job
Certified Clinical Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Natrona Heights, PAOctober 24, 2018
AHN is a good place to work. as any job there are kinks that need worked out with new policies but they do work to correct them. The managers do try to work their best around everyones schedules with families and appointments.
Management has their own agenda
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Erie, PAOctober 23, 2018
The management was constantly on people to move faster or work longer. They play favorites.. It was too bad because alot of good employees work there. But if you were a favorite you could do just about anything and get away with it.
Pros
decent pay
Cons
management played favorites
pros and cons
Patient Access Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAOctober 20, 2018
Very busy and under staff
Management doesn't communicate well
Work Culture is not bad
Sometimes the hardest part of the job is working with short staff
Remote Medical Coder III (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAOctober 9, 2018
Nice place to work. Good benefits. Care about family. Offer continuing education. Employee discounts. Good programs for employees. Large Health System plenty of chances to advance.
Workplace Environment
HLA Lab Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PA 15215October 8, 2018
Great working environment. Flexible schedule. Team and individual situations. Wonderful boss. Monday thru Friday work hours. Great collaboration opportunities.
Good and respectful management
Environmental Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAOctober 6, 2018
I like working as an Environmental Service Associate and there's always something to do or someone to help so the job keeps me on my feet. But the job could be stressful sometimes.
benefits
Cons
food is expensive at cafeteria
learned a lot about Epic
Trainer - Epic (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PASeptember 28, 2018
Learned a lot about Epic and had the ability to proceed with work with clinicians in a training environment. Worked with the latest upgrades of Epic application.
Review
Environmental Services (Former Employee) –  Natrona Heights, PASeptember 27, 2018
It’s a good place but a terrible place to Work. The employees don’t do their job correctly. Floors are dirty. And no supervision. The bosses are okay but they should watch their employees more
Pros
Good hours.
Cons
Employees don’t stay
Its a place to work
Training Specialist, Credentialed (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PASeptember 25, 2018
Its a job, it pays the bills, but you are just a peg in the wheel.

required to travel to multiple locations

I love to train.

Currently lots of reorganization happening within this area.
Fast paced, efficient, exciting medical department
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PASeptember 22, 2018
A typical day, opening office and greeting staff. Checking in with my 6 Oncologists and answering all messages that came in overnignt. I then went to outpatient clinic where we saw patients for followup on out patient basis. I stopped at social and financial services for updates and then checked on our 40 bed outpatient unit.

From this experience I learned to identify problems and bring together staff and physicians from different departments to increase communication and create an efficient patient care environment. This is one area I identified when I first started.The different departments were almost hostile when ask to work with each other.
I managed Staff, Physicians and all travel. Handled all appointments for physicians and staff.

With lots of work it became workplace that was talked about throughout the hospital in being accomodating to other departments.
Pros
It became a positive and efficient workplace and patient care center
Cons
Losing patients that I got to know through their care process.
Very stressful, poorly managed, unclean job environment.
Medical Technologiat (Former Employee) –  AGH Core LabSeptember 21, 2018
Was transferred from a hospital laboratory
to the core lab more than a decade ago,
but I never got used to the difference. The
Core lab is all lab departments operating at
once in one large open space (no walls or
doors between depts😖! This created a very
noisy, stressful environment that makes it
more difficult to perform important and
sometimes very complex laboratory tests!!
Management was poor and usually busy
socializing in certain areas with certain
employees of their choosing! The core
lab was left to become very unclean especially the floors and doorways! The
employee break room was filthy!!!!! The
technicians and support staff were very
good at their jobs but there is little support
from management and above! The core
lab needs redesigned and better managed!!
Pros
Great techs and support staff
Cons
Poor design and poorer management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Allegheny Health Network. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

2.9InHerSight Score

2.5Personal Development

3.4Career Opportunities

2.9Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight