Allegheny Health Network Employee Reviews

Remote Medical Coder III (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAOctober 9, 2018
Nice place to work. Good benefits. Care about family. Offer continuing education. Employee discounts. Good programs for employees. Large Health System plenty of chances to advance.
Workplace Environment
HLA Lab Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PA 15215October 8, 2018
Great working environment. Flexible schedule. Team and individual situations. Wonderful boss. Monday thru Friday work hours. Great collaboration opportunities.
learned a lot about Epic
Trainer - Epic (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PASeptember 28, 2018
Learned a lot about Epic and had the ability to proceed with work with clinicians in a training environment. Worked with the latest upgrades of Epic application.
Review
Environmental Services (Former Employee) –  Natrona Heights, PASeptember 27, 2018
It’s a good place but a terrible place to Work. The employees don’t do their job correctly. Floors are dirty. And no supervision. The bosses are okay but they should watch their employees more
Pros
Good hours.
Cons
Employees don’t stay
Its a place to work
Training Specialist, Credentialed (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PASeptember 25, 2018
Its a job, it pays the bills, but you are just a peg in the wheel.

required to travel to multiple locations

I love to train.

Currently lots of reorganization happening within this area.
Fast paced, efficient, exciting medical department
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PASeptember 22, 2018
A typical day, opening office and greeting staff. Checking in with my 6 Oncologists and answering all messages that came in overnignt. I then went to outpatient clinic where we saw patients for followup on out patient basis. I stopped at social and financial services for updates and then checked on our 40 bed outpatient unit.

From this experience I learned to identify problems and bring together staff and physicians from different departments to increase communication and create an efficient patient care environment. This is one area I identified when I first started.The different departments were almost hostile when ask to work with each other.
I managed Staff, Physicians and all travel. Handled all appointments for physicians and staff.

With lots of work it became workplace that was talked about throughout the hospital in being accomodating to other departments.
Pros
It became a positive and efficient workplace and patient care center
Cons
Losing patients that I got to know through their care process.
Very stressful, poorly managed, unclean job environment.
Medical Technologiat (Former Employee) –  AGH Core LabSeptember 21, 2018
Was transferred from a hospital laboratory
to the core lab more than a decade ago,
but I never got used to the difference. The
Core lab is all lab departments operating at
once in one large open space (no walls or
doors between depts😖! This created a very
noisy, stressful environment that makes it
more difficult to perform important and
sometimes very complex laboratory tests!!
Management was poor and usually busy
socializing in certain areas with certain
employees of their choosing! The core
lab was left to become very unclean especially the floors and doorways! The
employee break room was filthy!!!!! The
technicians and support staff were very
good at their jobs but there is little support
from management and above! The core
lab needs redesigned and better managed!!
Pros
Great techs and support staff
Cons
Poor design and poorer management
Horrible Rheumatology department
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  PGH, PASeptember 15, 2018
Rheum managers are not organized unprofessional bullies. Bosses are to busy discussing going to the bar to worry about the employees.
Managers make you work over 8hrs like its no big deal
Pros
Doctors are great
Cons
Management is horrible
Decent work environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PASeptember 15, 2018
Decent work environment. Location not as favorable especially during baseball and football season. Decent pay. Manager was very pleasant and personable
Decent job
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PASeptember 12, 2018
Pros and Cons the same as the last one.
The security company the hospital hires isn't too bad. You get benefits after 90 days. There isn't much room for advancement. There are many different aspects of the job in the hospital setting, all give you good experiemce.

Want to know more about Allegheny Health Network?

Ask a question
busy, fast paced
Point-of-Care Testing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PASeptember 5, 2018
I enjoyed my job very much. Always challenging, learning new things, dealing with new people, new equipment.
Hardest part of the job was getting everything done to my satisfaction, meeting and keeping up with regulatory requirements.
The most enjoyable part of the job was working with new people, people from different backgrounds.
benefits
Cons
no company match to 403B, compensation below market value
Typical day as Manager of HIM
Manager, Coding and Chart Completion (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PASeptember 4, 2018
I was in charge of the Coding and chart deficiency areas. I would review the discharged not final bill report to determine how much revenue was removed by the coders, report to the coders and Director of the Department the results of the day before. This would determine our priorities that the coders need to concentrate. In addition, I would review the deficiency summary reports of each physician to determine which physician is closing in on becoming delinquent (having charts not completed over 30 days old). Letters would go out to these physicians or residents. At that time charts were all manual, so I would need to delivery to physician's offices of those that request us to bring the charts to them. I would also meet with other departments, Case management, registration, etc.
Pros
Great employees who wanted to complete their tasks and take care of the physicians.
Cons
Long hours, I was there when the organization was going through a bankruptcy, Lack of employees.
Average
Coordinator Emergency Transport (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PASeptember 4, 2018
A good job that pays the Bill's, for a major health company in the area benefits sick. Management lacks in communication. Other then that everything is ok.
Management is horrible!!!
CMA (AAMA) (Current Employee) –  Natrona HeightsAugust 27, 2018
Terrible management! It has gone down hill over the many many years I have been here
The doctors are great but the benefits and pay is horrible. We use to have great benefits years ago but now forget it. I have watched so many great people/workers walk out the door because of Management. Sad. I would not recommend working here.
Pros
Cons
Everything!
Easy work poor environment
Preservices Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAAugust 23, 2018
The work is not difficult at all. The work environment itself is extremely dramatic and petty. Everyone is worried about everyone else. The management is difficult to communicate with and its always hard to get an answer to your question.
Nice campus
Patient Access Coordinator II (Current Employee) –  Monroeville, PAAugust 22, 2018
I have worked 10+ years at AHN and have learned alot and have advanced alot in my career. I like to be challenged in my job.
Time in an organization should mean something.
Benefits
Cons
Salary
It was relaxing
Conference Coordinator Intern (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAAugust 17, 2018
It was a nice environment and peaceful. i worked nicely and independently. people also work in groups and share projects and thoughts. everyone was nice and supportive.
Great Place to work
Nurse Practitioner (Current Employee) –  Erie, PAAugust 17, 2018
AHN is a stable place to work in Erie with good benefits. I came from the other big hospital and AHN has been a pleasant change that I would recommend.
Epic EMR is a great careee
Associate IT Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAAugust 10, 2018
Great leadership within the company. Accessible management to go to for advice.

Hours are quite the norm except during go-lives but you should know this going in.

Lax work environment.

Great Co workers.
Pros
Not micro managed
Cons
Low pay for large cities i.e. Pittsburgh.
its ok.
Athletic Trainer (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAAugust 7, 2018
If you're down to work for 50% less than other healthcare companies, go for it. I got lucky working where I do because the people are worth the decreased pay. It is stressful because there are many unanswered questions about what direction the network is moving in, but all is told it is positive.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Allegheny Health Network. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.9InHerSight Score

2.5Personal Development

3.4Career Opportunities

2.9Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight