Allegheny Technologies Incorporated (ATI)
63Average

Allegheny Technologies Incorporated (ATI) Employee Reviews

United States194 reviews
Worked there for 3 years on 3rd shift 6am - 6pm and got worn out from working nights. Great place to work with great pay just couldnt work nights anymore.
Terrible Place to work!!
Buddy system, your either In or your Out!!! Dont really expect anything and everything they will tell you will be a lie or the exact oppisite. Finally sold out and rebranded I think.
Terrible place to work
I have never worked at a place that refused to train new employees. All they want you to do is struggle. If you get hurt, oh well. Management has no clue what is going on or what they are doing. The Cudahy plant is the filthiest place I have ever worked in. No communication. HR is currupt. They will try to fire you, and will set you up for failure. DO NOT APPLY AT CUDAHY!!!!!
It’s an great company to work for
Great company to work for great people in the company but the management and hr of this company are terrible they will throw there employees under the bus quickly
This use to be one of the best but now it’s so far from where it was it’s unrecognizable.
There is rampant discrimination between management and its hourly employees, so much so that most are afraid to speak up about this and is only said in whispers. Upper management and at the executive levels have no idea what they are doing yet publish flowery rhetoric to fool everyone that business is good. Waste and inefficiency are common place.
Would you recommend working at your company?
Help people considering your employer make a good choice.
Great Cmpany
The Shipping and Receiving job was very enjoyable. Was able to learn many aspects of the Shipping Industry. I have worked in 4 departments of this company.
Knockout Operator.

Mold machine operator.

Invest Operator.

Shipping and Receiving Clerk.
Great place to work, friendly co-workers, with a caring management team.
I started in November 2019. It took a while for HR to get back to me on interviews. So I had to be patient, but it was worth the wait. The salary they offered was decent, and the benefits were better than previous employers. A lot of paperwork at first, but HR and my manager were more than helpful it getting me settled in and making me feel like I had a part. Management is focused on innovation and profitability, but really seem to put an underlying emphasis on caring about the employee. They are definitely in the business to make money. The proof will be in the annual profit sharing check. If you feel like you want a job that will make you feel a part of something great, this is the place to be.
Pros
Good benefits, decent salary, friendly work environment
Cons
work can be challenging
Terrible environment
Terrible place to work. Arrogant management & employees. In constant cut back mode. Stay away. Benefits keep getting worse, raises are minimal if at all etc
Manufacturing
A better understanding of the manufacturing processes would help. Just about every role interacts with that core business model that we are, that we are a manufacturing company. One that is ready for some 21st-century changes in making it better.
great company to work for
I have a great manger who tells me what needs done and at the end of the week we look at what's accomplished and what needs to be worked on the next week
ok
I worked at ATI for 17 years. I moved up steadily for many years in EHS, but they were not interested in moving out into production. Eventually after reducing injuries by 98%, they told me I did not provide any value any longer. Not a nice company.
Don't work there
Only way to move up is to suck off someone. If you are in a union better learn to deep throat. Because otherwise, you will have no work life balance, and they will hold a better schedule above your head and talk down to you like children.
Friendly and Accommodating
I recently started here at ATI, and I love it. The first week I was here I was introduced to everyone in the company that was in the office, and that immediately made me feel extremely welcomed. Here at ATI, they encourage to try other departments and jobs throughout your career instead of just sticking to one which was exactly what I was looking for to gain knowledge and experience across the board. Also, everyone I've encountered here has been incredibly friendly and helpful. Not to mention, the benefits at ATI are a huge perk, too, especially compared to my previous jobs.
Great culture driven from the top
ATI has great leaders who demonstrate the company's values and make them a key part of the culture from the top of the organization. It is truly an atmosphere of safety, teamwork & respect.
Great place to work! Great organization people are great very helpful.
Wish they would not have closed the plant I was working at, but overall good place to work
Good time at ATI
I was an intern here at ATI, and it helped me progress in my field of study. Friendly staff, and also very helpful. Would recommend anybody in the field looking for an entry level position.
Great company to work for
Company is progressive always looking to get more effecient continuos safety training employee training in each individual field
competitive salary stays dedicated to their employees very informative on what is going on corporate wide
Good place to work. Management and leadership could use improvement.
Overall a pretty good place to work if you have worked in manufacturing. It’s hot and dirty but the pay scale isn’t terrible. However they continue to cut benefits and wages, and personally i don’t think they value their employees.
Mostly Union positions - little room for advancement
ATI is mostly made up of union positions. If you want any chance of advancing this is not the place unless you have a very advanced degree. Overall, departments tend to work well with each other, but most of the time people are not willing to go above and beyond there union duties and this can create friction between salary and union employees.
Excellent place to get business core experience
Working with the Human Resources team you are quickly viewed, valued and entrusted with responsibilities like a full-fledged employee. Intern or not, you will be working with multi-disciplinary teams to push continuous improvement and Operational excellence.

The downside to this is the general management sometimes feels disorganized or lacking clear direction. At least, from the trenches looking up the chain of command. That being said, if you work hard and welcome guidance you will have a very good experience with plenty of variety in what projects you touch.
A decent job if it was properly managed
Very hostile environment. The jobs are not bad, but the managerial staff is horrible. Favoritism and discrimination abound. Contractual agreements are viewed differently in different situations.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Allegheny Technologies Incorporated (ATI). Our community is ready to answer.
Ratings from women
2.9
InHerSight Score
3.2Personal Development
2.5Career Opportunities
3.0Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight