Allegheny Technologies Incorporated (ATI) Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Not a fun place to work
Help Desk Specialist (Former Employee) –  Albany, ORJune 24, 2018
My memories of working at the ATI helpdesk were not good. There was 8 workers shoved into a closet with no windows expected to not talk and work. The problem was that there wasn't enough work to go around.
Hot dirty job
Management (Former Employee) –  Monroe, NCMay 26, 2018
would not advise anyone go there to work they do not care about older employees. Fired for making a mistake on the computer said I committed fraud let me go because I made a computer error
Pros
Good pay benefits
Cons
Cut throat only a number several have been forced out because of years of service.
Great
Leader, Operations (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAApril 24, 2018
Good work / life balance. Plenty of opportunity for career advancement. A company that is proving to be on an upward trend in both annualized goals and personal employee development.
Best paying job I ever had
Utility Tech Operator (Former Employee) –  New Bedford, MAApril 20, 2018
Was my first good paying position in a local manufacturing steel mill producing thin rolled metal. I was able to buy our only home with my wife. The management was very fair when I worked for Teledyne Rodney Metals for 20 years then they were bought out by Allegheny Ludlum. In came new management and laid off half the work force and the Job culture was changed and we were forced to unionize with the Steel Workers Union. After this it wasn't so bad at all but the workforce still stayed at half staffed because now work was outsourced to their many other plants around the world
Fast past, with long hours. Also tempatures varing from hot to cold.
Production Worker (Current Employee) –  Portland, INMarch 29, 2018
A typical work day for me consist of getting the paper work from the supervisor letting you know what jobs need to be done that day. Then I'd get with my Teamster/tow motor driver to get the job. I'd have the driver dump the box of billets that go with the job. I'd load the billets, heat them up, and give them to the next process.
Pros
health insurance, dentel, and vision. 401K, Stock options.
Cons
lunch is only 18minutes, lack of places to go when the weather is hot, bathrooms need updated.
Good Company
Senior Leader, Strategic Sourcing (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAMarch 7, 2018
Specialty metals company headquartered in Pittsburgh, PA. Overall a good company to work for. They offer competitive benefits and depending on the department you work in, there are opportunities for growth.
good place to work
Lead Press Operator/CNC Machinist (Former Employee) –  Monroe, NCMarch 1, 2018
The money and benefits are good but the work experience has changed over the last 5 years. There is no loyalty to older employees and especially to lower management.
Pros
money is good
Cons
managment
Stressful woth heavy favouritism
Darkroom Technician (Former Employee) –  Albany, ORFebruary 28, 2018
I worked an X-ray where I did not said in with my coworkers I had plenty of experience previously and after false accusations And finger pointing I was let go Management did nothing to look into whether or not what was said about me with true
Pros
Pleanty of hrs. 401k
Cons
Clicky, Inadequate management, favoritism
Senior Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAFebruary 22, 2018
I worked in the Compensation & Benefits Department for the Sr. Vice President and his staff. I learned alot working at Allegheny Ludlum, I was taught how to be a professional, I was very young when I was hired their and I started in the Word Processing Department and interviewed for my final position as Sr. Administrative Assistant. I learned how to run various office equipment, made travel arrangements, expense reports, proofreading documents. They gave me the skills to which I can attribute my experience as of today at my current job.
Pros
My first job at a business level, learned everything I could
Cons
No cons, loved my job, wanted to start a family
Excellent opportunities for advancement
Production Technician (Former Employee) –  Brackenridge, PAFebruary 14, 2018
Long hours working over to resolve production demands. The environment involves large equipment and machines. Working in maintenance requires a strong aptitude and critical thinking skills.
Pros
Great benefits and salary
Cons
Long, long work days
its called work folks
Production & Supply Chain Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAFebruary 8, 2018
The GM was a good guy to work for, but the organization is growing rapidly and reorganizing. The veterans were not open to change, making for an uncomfortable work environment for the new hires.

The company has fair medical benefits, and a better than average 401K.

Overall, it was an ok place to work, but no opportunity for advancement, and poor personalities prevent it from being a great place to work.
Pros
401K match is better than any ive come across
Cons
Old Habits, Reluctant to change
Not for everyone
Inside Sales/Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Monroe, NCJanuary 31, 2018
ATI is not for everyone. The training was slim. If you don't have previous experience in the metal business do not apply. Make sure you see industry salaries before accepting offer.
Pros
co-workers
Cons
mgmt
Very productive
Bandsaw operator (cnc) operator (Former Employee) –  Monroe, NCJanuary 4, 2018
Good place to work good benefits and good hours but job security was not to good management and co workers were great they took me in straight out of high school and showed me everything they knew
Pros
Good pay and good benefits
Cons
Lack of job security
Great people to work with, great advancement oppertunities.
Student Clerical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Millersburg, ORNovember 30, 2017
As a student it is a great opportunity to get the experience in an administrative assistant position and and need to think outside of the box to get the job done. I have an amazing manager that has given me just enough direction to get the job done and the feed back necessary to improve.
Pros
Great staff members to work with
Cons
It is a student position
N/a
Chemical Milling Operator II (Former Employee) –  Albany, ORNovember 17, 2017
12 hour day of hard work. No reward for working hard. Profit driven company. Horrible work schedule. Days off constantly are rotating. Decent benefits.
excellent work atmosphere
Furnace Helper (Former Employee) –  Monroe, NCNovember 10, 2017
this was one of the best jobs that I have had in my life. the work environment was excellent and the management was even better. the employees have the opportunity to cross train and learn different jobs.
Pros
lots of time off from work
Cons
long work hours
if you want long weeks (60+ hours per week) apply there
Waterjet Operator (Current Employee) –  Monaca, PANovember 5, 2017
long days, long hours, pay is below market status, healthcare went down the drain, if your looking for someone to give them a great review that will not be me...they bring in these young managers that have no people skills or respect for the actual works.
Pros
Cons
Healthcare, pay, 401k basically anything financial
Great Opportunity
Director (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PANovember 3, 2017
Working at ATI has been a great opportunity. The company has been through some tough times because of economic factors related to poor trade deal by the government. However, the future is very bright and ATI's focus on "Relentless Innovation" is driving incredible opportunities at all levels of the organization.
Pros
People, ethical leadership, safety focused and lots of future opportunity
Cons
Still working on the "One ATI" Culture...taking too long.
Great Pay, Benefits & Opportunities
Operations Leader I - Shipping (Current Employee) –  New Bedford, MANovember 1, 2017
A fast paced quality oriented work environment focused on meeting & exceeding customer expectations while maintaining a safe work environment for yourself and your teams.
ATI has pay & benefits second to few in this area.
stressful enviroment
Level 2 Ultrasonic Technician (Former Employee) –  Monaca, PAOctober 26, 2017
ATI is a conglomerate of companies swallowed up by Allegheny Technologies. where i worked increasingly got worse every year for the twelve years that i worked there.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Allegheny Technologies Incorporated (ATI). Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.9InHerSight Score

3.2Personal Development

2.5Career Opportunities

3.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight