Allegheny Technologies Incorporated (ATI) Employee Reviews

Terrible work environment. DONT WORK HERE
Not saying until I quit. (Current Employee) –  Cudahy, WISeptember 11, 2018
No room for advancement like I was promised. Supervisors team up against anyone on the shop floor and falsify facts, and make up stories just to get workers fired. Not worth the stress or money to put up with poor management and poor Human Resources department.
Pros
Cons
Poor management, management takes the word of a boss over anyone on ground floor.
Good company with good benefits
IT Administrator (Current Employee) –  Monroe, NCSeptember 5, 2018
ATI has been a rewarding and supportive company to work for. They have good healthcare, competitive pay, and a great 401k policy.

The culture has always felt a lot like a smaller company that cares about its employees, but it there have also been the various benefits that come with working for a larger company.
Forge operator
Forge Press Operator (Current Employee) –  lebanon kyAugust 25, 2018
3 rd shift management ruins this place. They act like your lying when something breaks. And like your stupid when you mess up. They older supervisor cusses at you and the younger one talks to you like you are dumb and with no respect. There are known drug addicts. Who they like better then the employees they do there job. It is job if you don't have one but not a place to make a career out of.
Pros
Pay the works not bad
Cons
Everything else
Good company
Utility Tech / Ross Carrier Driver (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAAugust 21, 2018
Long hours most days hot dirty working conditions pay was good benefits not bad. The company has made a lot of changes over the years with not having the best interest for the employees.
Use to be a great place to work. At least at Bridgeview IL facility.
Helper/Laborer (Current Employee) –  Bridgeview, ILAugust 15, 2018
Been working here for about 3 years. The job is not hard to do if you have common sense. What makes it hard is the management team/supervisor they have in here. Supervisors do not comunĂ­cate properly between each other so they do not know what's going on with the shift. The schedule can change at any time. There is alot of favoritism. No chance for career advancement but the pay is reasonable. Like I said the job is not difficult to do but, management needs to be managed possibly properly trained.
Pros
Easy work if you like to work. Overtime.
Cons
Favoritism, poor communication between management, hectic schedule, rare chance for career advancement, long hours, poor scheduling.
Good place if you work hard and long
Employee (Former Employee) –  Monaca, PAAugust 2, 2018
Management run a tight ship. They worked two 12 hour shifts. Union guys were good to work with. Upper management was very arrogant towards the management team and the employees. The culture was combative at times but the place ran fairly smoothly,
Pros
Pay & Benefits
Cons
Hours & Management
Great People, Flexible Management
Mechanical Engineering Intern (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAJuly 30, 2018
As an intern, things can sometimes be slow paced. Daily tasks included CAD, 3D scanning, meetings, presentations, and other small jobs. I really like my coworkers and ATI has been very flexible with my schedule (even allowing me to take summer classes).

I wish that I could do more for the company and get paid more to do so. The pay is low for an engineering internship, but fair given that interns are often just sitting around.
Wonderful Place
Worker (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALJuly 29, 2018
ATI is a wonderful place to work. Everyone is so genuine and nice. They make you feel like family the moment you walk in. They care about their employees. The employees are encouraged to help improve their process, maintain safety, and speak with management about anything. The company as whole does some pretty amazing things and it makes you proud to be part of it. I am honored they chose me to be part of their process.
Pros
offer incentives, promote health/safety, pay well, encouraging
Low stress, good pay, room to grow, great place to work
Forge shop helper (Current Employee) –  Cudahy, WIJuly 26, 2018
I've been employed by ati for 3 months now and i can honestly say this is the best job I have ever had. Thed pay is great. The work is not to demanding. The people I work with are great. I would recommend this job to anyone looking for a career and not just a summer job. I am able to support my family now and live happily and comfortable.
Pros
Great pay
Cons
Dangerous
Great Place to Work Overall
Laborer (Current Employee) –  Louisville, OHJuly 26, 2018
I have been employed at ATI for less than a year but I can say I enjoy working here. For the most part, the group of people are enjoyable to work with and management has an open door policy. The only drawbacks to me is rotating shifts, lack of career advancement opportunities, and life/work ratio is not good. Plenty of 6 day weeks with rotating shifts which means no family life at all.

I honestly wished there were apprenticeship opportunities for schooling and training. Pay is great and benefits are also great!
Pros
Great Pay, Great Benefits, Stability
Cons
Rotating Shifts, little to no family life, lack of career advancement unless you are already qualified. No personal days just a point system.
Great place to intern. Learned a lot.
IT Intern (Former Employee) –  Monroe, NCJuly 25, 2018
Great place to intern for the summer. Worked in IT and had a great time learning under very capable people. Also very well compensated for and intern still in college.
Pros
Pay, Management, Learning
Cons
Old buildings
Good working environment
QA Department (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALJuly 25, 2018
Everyone here is kind and respectful. Not a stressful environment compared to the type of company I worked at before. Turn around in administrative and technical jobs is low probably because this is a good place to work with good pay, so there's not reason to leave. I'm very blessed to be employed here.
Pros
reduced stress environment, good pay and 401K
Cons
high deductible health insurance
Great place to work.
Process Leader (Current Employee) –  Albany, ORJuly 24, 2018
Great place to work. Many CI tools available to improve in any area. The company is truly on a mission to zero injuries. The site I work at has high employee turnover which makes everything harder to achieve.
Pros
People
Cons
Wages and benefits
Respectful Work Environment with Caring Management
General Accountant (Current Employee) –  Millersburg, ORJuly 24, 2018
I have been very pleased with my time at ATI. I believe that I am being fairly compensated for my work and that I am appreciated for the work I do. The bonus program is also very nice. Being in an admin position, a typical day is filled with either tasks that have an approaching deadline or a "side project." I'm free to choose my own projects to pursue (within reason) and there is no micromanagement which is something I greatly appreciate. The workplace culture is great. It fosters growth, collaboration, friendliness, and respect.

The hardest part of my specific job is the learning curve, but I like the challenge.

The only downside (in my opinion) is that company policy says you only receive 10 vacation days a year plus 2 floating holidays until you reach the 5 year mark. That is just flat out not enough and I find myself having to meticulously manage my time off to ensure I have enough for various vacations or other commitments.
Pros
Fair Salary, Great Work Environment
Cons
High Healthcare Deductible, Not Enough Vacation Days.
Not a fun place to work
Help Desk Specialist (Former Employee) –  Albany, ORJune 24, 2018
My memories of working at the ATI helpdesk were not good. There was 8 workers shoved into a closet with no windows expected to not talk and work. The problem was that there wasn't enough work to go around.
Hot dirty job
Management (Former Employee) –  Monroe, NCMay 26, 2018
would not advise anyone go there to work they do not care about older employees. Fired for making a mistake on the computer said I committed fraud let me go because I made a computer error
Pros
Good pay benefits
Cons
Cut throat only a number several have been forced out because of years of service.
Great place to work while it lasted.
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Midland, PAMay 10, 2018
It was a good job if you can deal with a mill environment. Hot temperatures and dirty working conditions. High emphasis on safety. Great pay and good benefits.
Great
Leader, Operations (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAApril 24, 2018
Good work / life balance. Plenty of opportunity for career advancement. A company that is proving to be on an upward trend in both annualized goals and personal employee development.
Best paying job I ever had
Utility Tech Operator (Former Employee) –  New Bedford, MAApril 20, 2018
Was my first good paying position in a local manufacturing steel mill producing thin rolled metal. I was able to buy our only home with my wife. The management was very fair when I worked for Teledyne Rodney Metals for 20 years then they were bought out by Allegheny Ludlum. In came new management and laid off half the work force and the Job culture was changed and we were forced to unionize with the Steel Workers Union. After this it wasn't so bad at all but the workforce still stayed at half staffed because now work was outsourced to their many other plants around the world
Fast past, with long hours. Also tempatures varing from hot to cold.
Production Worker (Current Employee) –  Portland, INMarch 29, 2018
A typical work day for me consist of getting the paper work from the supervisor letting you know what jobs need to be done that day. Then I'd get with my Teamster/tow motor driver to get the job. I'd have the driver dump the box of billets that go with the job. I'd load the billets, heat them up, and give them to the next process.
Pros
health insurance, dentel, and vision. 401K, Stock options.
Cons
lunch is only 18minutes, lack of places to go when the weather is hot, bathrooms need updated.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Allegheny Technologies Incorporated (ATI). Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
2.9

3.2Personal Development

2.5Career Opportunities

3.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight