Allegheny Technologies Incorporated (ATI) Employee Reviews

what you learned
Plant Controller (Former Employee) –  Monroe, NCMarch 19, 2019
A very collaborative organization and allows for autonomy. Provides opportunity to grow and show leadership skills throughout the organization. Great experience.
Producfive and fun
RAW MATERIALS TECHNICIAN (Current Employee) –  Monroe, NCFebruary 11, 2019
It is a great place to work. The people are great to work around and very helpful if you encounter a problem on the job. You must be very careful and pay close attention to detail
Pros
great pay
Cons
long 12 hours
Greed
NDT III (Former Employee) –  Albany, ORJanuary 31, 2019
ATI treats its employees very poorly. The environment is toxic. The turnover rate is very damaging to the company. I do not recommend ATI to anyone. I don't know how they manage to get product out the door.
Pros
There are none
Cons
To numerous to list
Productive an incredible place and people to work for and with
Manufacturing Associate (Current Employee) –  Monroe, NCJanuary 16, 2019
ATI is the place to be a part of a team, company, and incredible work place. They take care of their employees with benefits, pay, and support. They also provide everything you will need to be productive and safe. Safety is their biggest concern and they make sure everyone is accountable for safety.
Pros
Benefits, pay, people, 401k, stocks
Excellent place of employment
Manufacturing Associate (Current Employee) –  Monroe, NCJanuary 15, 2019
Since starting I really like the job it's a job you don't mind coming to work for every day. Wish I would have started much sooner in life. Great work environment, great fellow employees. Pay is pretty competitive and benefits are great!
Benefits
Cons
Great place to work and opportunity to grow or expand
Mechanical Lab Tech (Current Employee) –  Monroe, NCJanuary 15, 2019
I worked through a temp agency on assignment for a while then decided to accept a full time position with the company. It’s a productive company with great opportunities and benefits. What impress me the most about ATI is their really big on safety and continue to educate everyone on how important that is when working in this type of environment. I’m glad I have this opportunity.
Pros
Excellent work life balance, competitive pay
Cons
Na
It's a great company with charismatic leadership.
Business Development Manager (Current Employee) –  Natrona Heights, PAJanuary 15, 2019
I had been with several big name employers in the industry, when I compare them with ATI, I do believe ATI is a great company with encouraging vision and strong value, personally I really enjoy being part of the ATI team.
Great Teamwork and Collaboration
Process Manager (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJanuary 15, 2019
My work varies each day from support to project initiatives, co-workers are great and knowledgeable. Management is supportive and respectful of family life, people are friendly and professional. I love the variety of my work and the people I get to meet and work with.
Pros
401K, vacation, family-friendly, team values
Cons
Healthcare could be better, more choices
Productive and very informative on how operations are done
LEAD OPERATIONS ENGINEER (Former Employee) –  Brackenridge, PAJanuary 7, 2019
Good work balance and everyone did their best to ensure the operations were done correctly and efficiently. Employees I worked with may also agree that no individual was overworked or given too difficult a task. Everyone had their job and did it well.
It was a good place to work at
Computer Numerical Control Roll Grinder (Former Employee) –  Brackenridge, Pa. 15014December 31, 2018
Management treated their employees with dignity and respect and the employees reciprocated by doing their jobs to the best of their ability to make the operations run smoothly.
Cons
lunch breaks were too short.
Great pay for the area
Melter (Current Employee) –  Monroe, NCDecember 27, 2018
Great pay for the area. Certain jobs could pay more because you have to learn multiple things pertaining to that job. The work place is friendly and you get a sense of family. I also feel that you spend a lot of time at work, more than you do at home.
Ok place
Production Worker (Current Employee) –  Bridgeview, ILDecember 14, 2018
Needs all new management ,the place could have been good ,but it set up to fail ,not a bad place if it was ran like it should be ,no one cares about the workplace ,cause management don’t care
Pros
It’s a job
coating operator
Mechanic/Machine operator/crane operator (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PADecember 3, 2018
one of the best job experience I've ever had. amazing supervisor. great team work.one job I will never forget. will recommend working for them. great benefits
Very Innovative Company
Manufacturing Associate (Former Employee) –  Monroe, NCNovember 12, 2018
ATI is a very innovative company with lots of growth potential. They are constantly improving their footprint in the aerospace industry an also in the healthcare sector.
work with people who didn,t care about each other
Progressed to Electron Beam Operator (Former Employee) –  Richland, WANovember 7, 2018
work was hard and long rotating shifts in virement was always dusty or Smokey had constant disorder the work was straining the hours were long with no respect for how hard you worked or the quality of work you tried to pass on to co worker
Pros
good pay
Cons
back stabing inverment
Specialty Metals Company
Employee (Former Employee) –  South Western PennsylvaniaOctober 28, 2018
Changing and challenging driving toward standardization across a geographically disperse environment. Key markets include aerospace and defense particularly commercial jet engines, oil & gas, chemical process industry, electrical energy, and medical.
Terrible work environment. DONT WORK HERE
Not saying until I quit. (Current Employee) –  Cudahy, WISeptember 11, 2018
No room for advancement like I was promised. Supervisors team up against anyone on the shop floor and falsify facts, and make up stories just to get workers fired. Not worth the stress or money to put up with poor management and poor Human Resources department.
Pros
Cons
Poor management, management takes the word of a boss over anyone on ground floor.
Safety first if it doesn't hinder production
B level Production Technician (Former Employee) –  Skull Valley, UTSeptember 6, 2018
Anything goes to get the weekly numbers, including turning a blind eye to shortcuts, rearranging numbers to make the target hit each week. Overall, there was a good safety mindset, but when it came to making the weekly numbers, anything goes to get the job done.
Pros
awesome benefits
Cons
poor chance for advancement, production numbers were key
Good company with good benefits
IT Administrator (Current Employee) –  Monroe, NCSeptember 5, 2018
ATI has been a rewarding and supportive company to work for. They have good healthcare, competitive pay, and a great 401k policy.

The culture has always felt a lot like a smaller company that cares about its employees, but it there have also been the various benefits that come with working for a larger company.
Forge operator
Forge Press Operator (Current Employee) –  lebanon kyAugust 25, 2018
3 rd shift management ruins this place. They act like your lying when something breaks. And like your stupid when you mess up. They older supervisor cusses at you and the younger one talks to you like you are dumb and with no respect. There are known drug addicts. Who they like better then the employees they do there job. It is job if you don't have one but not a place to make a career out of.
Pros
Pay the works not bad
Cons
Everything else

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Allegheny Technologies Incorporated (ATI). Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.9InHerSight Score

3.2Personal Development

2.5Career Opportunities

3.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight