Allegiant Travel Company Employee Reviews

INDUCTION PLANNER (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVFebruary 6, 2019
Working for Allegiant has been a great experience. The company and HQ is a relaxed environment that still allows for the work to be done. Despite negativity publicity this company cares about their travelers and does everything it can to maintain standards and provide a safe experience. I really enjoy the people and leadership throughout Allegiant.
Teamwork was lacking
Material Specialist Lead (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLJanuary 30, 2019
I enjoyed the kind of work I was doing for Allegiant
But my direct manager did a poor job of getting me the help that was needed and due to the fact that I worked the position by myself I was told by manger that if the work got to be overwhelming he would provide help upon my request. This manager never sent help.
Pros
Good pay and benefits
Cons
Poor managing
Fun place to work
VP of Technology (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 29, 2019
Days at work are busy, but usually exciting. The culture is stressed a bit, but that is not unusual in this type of environment. This business is always changing and adapting. I would recommend working here.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
some long hours
find somewhere else
ground agent (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLJanuary 23, 2019
company expectations far to high and not paid even close to what is deserved hardest part of the job is trying to find a reason not to walk out everyday
Pros
free flights
Cons
everything else
Enjoyable employees to work with
Airport Agent (Former Employee) –  Huntington, WVDecember 29, 2018
An easy job but not enough hours available. Managers do try to help with any questions. Good employees to work with. I had to leave due to lack of hours and to find better employment.
Pros
Easy pace
Cons
No hours
My expereince was rocked!
Flight Attendant (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLDecember 21, 2018
My experience wasn't a typical experience I don't believe. I was unfortunately an employee who applied and was hired at the wrong time. My experience wasn't so great, so I will speak of the experience that my classmates and everyone who wasn't sent to our over staffed base had. Everyone seems to be very content with the company, and enjoys their job. It's hit or miss when it comes to bases, just make sure to have a tough skin and keep in mind that the company prides its self in relentless money management, and the $6 an hour raise from year 1 to year 2 is relentlessly managed, so keep in mind your not an employee until after 6 month after your IOE. The company was much more stable and secure prior to the contract. The company was setup to function a certain way, and now that they contracts dictate and define how the company it to be ran, everyone else is going to get the grunt and shorter side of the stick now because of it. This isn't an attack against the company, because I love Allegiant. It's just business, and I understand that, I just wish it was conducted a bit different at times as far as the furloughs/terminations, but go in to the job with an open mind, there is a lot of learn and the passengers and co-workers can be great!

It's very difficult for me to be open and honest about things such as I mentioned above because review have a tendency to haunt and detour us if we don't leave the best phony review. I personally, dont have much negative to say, but I do want to warn all new employees that the job isn't very secure, so keep that in mind. I would feel
  more... like a bad person if I didn't at least warn people that they most likely will be out of a job within 6 months like most everyone who started in my class, after my class has been.

It's just relentless money management. It's a core value and their mission statement,and it dictates the how they can do business now.

I learned to be a lot more picky when it comes to applying and accepting my next airline job. I know now what to research and not to research and to take everything at word (literal) value from now on.
Pros
Being a flight attendant
Cons
Could improve ethics in certain area's but it is what it is, it's business at the end of the day. Some people are casulties of war, and others are victorious, and that is the way the cookie crumbles. No hard feelings.
Free to fly but never time off to do so
Ground Operations/Commissary Agent (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLDecember 16, 2018
Worked there 2 1/2 years and only got to use my free flights once. Didn't get a review until almost my second year due to management change. My department was always in need of help and no management would help.
Pros
Job
Cons
Everything else
Safety & Security Intern (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVDecember 6, 2018
Allegiant is a great place to work, the job culture and atmosphere promote a good line of communication. Great benefits and a company that is transparent.
Great company
Customer Service Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVDecember 5, 2018
Enjoyed working for them not once but twice. Loved the people that I worked with. Allegiant is a fast paced environment, with the 80+ calls daily we would receive as agents.
Appreciative
Customer Care Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVNovember 14, 2018
This company does allow those with little to no experience in the industry to join the team and learn skills. Great for those wanting to get your foot in the door to build your knowledge of the airline industry.
Pros
Flight benefits
Fast paced service of aircraft
CSA/GOA (Former Employee) –  South Bend, INOctober 28, 2018
Service daily inbound and outbound flights for the allegiant Travel Company, very fast paced environment, and servicing of aircraft, from handling the luggage to boarding the planes.
Training is non exsist
Aircraft Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Sanford, FLOctober 9, 2018
There was no training other sit at the computer and watch Powerpoint. It is sink or swim.

Would like have like to have a training program where you see how you are doing while working on the job.
Pros
Free Travel Benefits
Cons
No training program
Keep Looking!
Flight Attendant (Former Employee) –  OhioOctober 8, 2018
Terrible and deceitful upper management. What's the saying, 'You get what you pay for'!? Well working for this low budget airline equals low budget treatment. I do not recommend this, unless you have to be home every night. Way better experience with the majors, and the pay is better.
Pros
Flexible hours, travel benefits
Cons
Poor management, unprofessional, unfair work rules
Very Poor management from the top down. They don't care about their employees!!
Flight Attendant (Former Employee) –  PittsburghSeptember 22, 2018
Base manager was awful! Never there and when you called upper management they never got back to you either. On your day off they would blow up your phone. Not a fair workplace, and they just got a Union so if you ever had a problem it was take it up with Union and file a grievance. Would not recommend to anyone!
Pros
Flight benefits
Cons
Ground Operations Lead, GSC (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLSeptember 11, 2018
I thoroughly enjoyed my time with Allegiant. My coworkers were great, and the company structure was also effective. I would definitely return provided an opportunity.
Pros
Flexibility, travel opportuities
Cons
Pay
no thanks
Crew Scheduler/ Shift supervisor (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVSeptember 3, 2018
Allegiant overall is a good company to work for, you run into your same problems as anywhere poor management departmentally wise which causes some unwanted stress.
Pros
Travel benfits
It was ok to work here.
GOA/ GSA (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 31, 2018
To be honest... I loved working with this company. Sadly the managers (in both states) were horrible to work for. (They have both been fired since).

But other that that fact I totally recommend working here.
Pros
Flight benefits (have all but gone away since i worked there)
Cons
Poor management
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 29, 2018
Good place to work.
Great benefits.
Great advancement opportunities.
Great travel benefits.
Great incentives.
Great company moral.
I would recommend this company.
review
Customer Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INAugust 25, 2018
It's okay job but you do more work than what your paid,management is okay there is a lack of communication. Things are not well organized,which can be confusion at times. It was a great experience overall.
Pros
you get alot of hours
Cons
not organized
Long hours with terrible benefits
Regional Stations Manager (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 13, 2018
Tough manager who was willing to throw you under the bus. The culture was terrible and their per diem when traveling was not enough to buy 1 meal a day.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Allegiant Travel Company. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.1InHerSight Score

2.0Personal Development

2.1Career Opportunities

2.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight