Allegion Employee Reviews

Nice products
Project management (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHDecember 8, 2018
Allegion makes nice products. Some, you use everyday in your home and don't even think about it. If you enjoy working with people, this is the place for you
Not a good place to work
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Princeton, ILDecember 4, 2018
Many people trying to change shifts and job position because of all the drama specially with management , poor communication and bullying , is doesn’t matter if you are a hard worker they pay more attention to their preferred persons or family members,
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Drama, no hard work recognition, poor management
Wasn't a great place
Line Operator (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHOctober 28, 2018
My time here was short and I'm happy it was. Seen a lot of clear racism towards non-minorities. Would get yelled at for looking at my phone for the time, yet seen others texting and was just told 'theyve been here forever so they can'. The union provided a lot of security in your job and unless you got points for attendance it was hard to get fired, so that means a lot of people that have been there awhile will be lazy where the rest had to pick up the slack and management turned a blind eye.
Pros
Work/life balance during slow season, paid breaks.
Cons
Dirty factory, no smoking on property, lazy people.
Poor work environment
P2 Modifier (Former Employee) –  McKenzie, TNSeptember 29, 2018
I had bad health conditions and ended up getting fired due to poor management. Would not refer anyone I know to work here. Dirty factory. Stayed sick with allergies.
Pros
Cons
Nosy co workers
Horrible management
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Olathe, KSSeptember 27, 2018
Allegion offers fair pay but not great for the lack of training/ guidance. Management is horrible. The managers just like to sit there and not help any of the employees but get upset if you do the slightest thing wrong.
Pros
Pay is decent
Cons
Everything else
Entry level success
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INSeptember 24, 2018
Great place to work at low level, very little support on 2nd shift. Most enjoyable part of the job is task based, and accomplishing all task completely.
Cons
management, support
Hard work and lazy employees
Team Leader/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, IN 46226September 21, 2018
Allegion is a great place to work, at times it can be difficult to work with employees that are there just to collect a pay check. Most employees are friendly, and willing to help each other. The company is not every strict on employees that take breaks when it's not time for one which is harder on others to pick up the slack. There is way to much gossip, if you tell someone something that you don't want repeated it still gets out, and by the end of the shift everyone knows what was said. New employees see how hard the work is, and after the lunch period they leave because the work is too hard for the amount of pay.
Pros
Cons
lazy leadership
Fast pace
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Princeton, ILSeptember 18, 2018
Management sucks, The people there are crazy. A lot of drama. People can't stand to be around one another. To many People wanting different job positions to get away from the drama.
Pros
paid holidays having vacation time
Cons
lack of trained people
Management views of the shop employee is downright deplorable .
Steel Worker (Former Employee) –  Blue Ash, OHSeptember 10, 2018
The management never takes into consideration the personal needs or lives of the employees on the shop floor . I've personally heard members of the management team refer to the shops employees as " they're nothing more than animals " . Management will never take anything suggested for improvement by a shop employee under advisement . The lack of true training is not only shameful but I consider it a safety concern . When I first started working there the culture was more focused on a safe working environment along with production of a quality product by involved employees .
Enjoyed it and grew professionally with it
Specification Consultant (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZAugust 23, 2018
While becoming an specification writer/consultant was not what I had initially planned after graduating from college, I must say that it was a great decision, and opportunity to grow professionally, and develop new skills.

The team was friendly, welcoming, helpful and motivating.
Productive and laid back work enviornment
OFFICE COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  carmel, indianaAugust 10, 2018
A typical day at work is very hands on with all employees and department supervisors. They make sure that you enjoy coming to work and having something to look forward to.
Pros
weekly/monthly employee events
Cons
n/a
It was a pleasure to wotk there.
ND/CD LOCK ASSEMBLER (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, CO 80917August 4, 2018
It was a possible experience. I learned something new eveyday.The hours were great as well as the pay..Thank you for the opportunity to broaden my skills.
Pros
Incentives
Cons
Expectations when you first start
Watch your back
Salary Manager (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 25, 2018
The management at this place is incompetent. The only way Plant Manager knows how to cut cost is to lay people off. The company is lacking integrity with regards to how they treat their salary employees. its an OK place if you are hard up for a job but keep in mind, they will stab you in the back the first chance they need too. All salary people are potential sacrificial lambs.
Pros
its an OK place if you are hard up
Cons
lack integrity and ethics
laid back nice people willing to teach and coach others
Quality Control Inspector (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 14, 2018
loved the atmosphere,loved the chance for growth,management, events they had,flexible work hours and the people willing to coach you and not critisize you when you messed up.
Pros
trips with the company to the zoo picnics
benefits
Early morning factory job.
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Olathe, KSMay 15, 2018
Allegion is a good place to work. It is early mornings, which I like. I get to have the rest of my day to myself. Also, I am off on weekends, which is always good.
Good benefits
Cylinder Assembly (Former Employee) –  Princeton, ILApril 18, 2018
Comfortable places to work for, good policies and employee engagements. Good incentives, safety program, etc...Very good at giving holiday pay, and notifying associates of any changes that may effect them
Order Editor
Order Editor (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COMarch 31, 2018
OK if in between jobs, not for everyone, judged daily, very competitive and somewhat boring. People very nice, culture good, plant high on safety, a good thing.
Fun Work place
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Olathe, KSMarch 28, 2018
It was a nice place to work and a very comfortable environment to help customers. I worked there for about going on two years and my job title there was technical support.
Good place
Stager/Packer (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMarch 18, 2018
Grow.
Good pay
Mind your own business and learn
Good pay compared to the average place.
Its what make of it.
A lot older people in the daytime and younger at night
Productive and fairly easy place to work
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COFebruary 26, 2018
Usually 5 am to 3 pm. I liked the people i worked with and management communicated a lot with workers and seem to care a lot about them. The bad thing was having to do a lot of orders in summer and if we ever got behind we would have to work over the weekend.
Pros
Three breaks
Cons
Worked Overtime, 10 hour days

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Allegion. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about