Allegion Employee Reviews

Watch your back
Salary Manager (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 25, 2018
The management at this place is incompetent. The only way Plant Manager knows how to cut cost is to lay people off. The company is lacking integrity with regards to how they treat their salary employees. its an OK place if you are hard up for a job but keep in mind, they will stab you in the back the first chance they need too. All salary people are potential sacrificial lambs.
Pros
its an OK place if you are hard up
Cons
lack integrity and ethics
laid back nice people willing to teach and coach others
Quality Control Inspector (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 14, 2018
loved the atmosphere,loved the chance for growth,management, events they had,flexible work hours and the people willing to coach you and not critisize you when you messed up.
Pros
trips with the company to the zoo picnics
benefits
Good benefits
Cylinder Assembly (Former Employee) –  Princeton, ILApril 18, 2018
Comfortable places to work for, good policies and employee engagements. Good incentives, safety program, etc...Very good at giving holiday pay, and notifying associates of any changes that may effect them
Order Editor
Order Editor (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COMarch 31, 2018
OK if in between jobs, not for everyone, judged daily, very competitive and somewhat boring. People very nice, culture good, plant high on safety, a good thing.
Fun Work place
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Olathe, KSMarch 28, 2018
It was a nice place to work and a very comfortable environment to help customers. I worked there for about going on two years and my job title there was technical support.
Good place
Stager/Packer (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMarch 18, 2018
Grow.
Good pay
Mind your own business and learn
Good pay compared to the average place.
Its what make of it.
A lot older people in the daytime and younger at night
Productive and fairly easy place to work
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COFebruary 26, 2018
Usually 5 am to 3 pm. I liked the people i worked with and management communicated a lot with workers and seem to care a lot about them. The bad thing was having to do a lot of orders in summer and if we ever got behind we would have to work over the weekend.
Pros
Three breaks
Cons
Worked Overtime, 10 hour days
Great
Program / Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Carmel, INJanuary 30, 2018
This is a good place to work. The people are very friendly and inviting. One of the best places I have work, in many years. Team work and carrying co-workers.
Temporary job
Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJanuary 22, 2018
Productive enviornment very detailed as far as inventory is concerned. Need to recognize when they have a valuable asset to their company. Too much deceiving of employees trying to be hired through the temp service.
Pros
friendly
Cons
short breaks
Excellent job, Great Benefits, All in what you make it.
Picker/Packer/Shipping (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJanuary 6, 2018
It is all in what you make it, but truly a great company. They pay well, give you good benefits and a great schedule. There are times where you have mandatory overtime so be ready to work, but there are also times where the company orders free food for us and gives away prizes or company paraphernalia which is nice. I will say that if considering Allegion, this is truly a great company. They value good workers and treat them well. I have nothing but the best to say about my team and management here. I only wish they gave more added bonuses for superior performance, now this would make it perfection, if not the other benefits are great.
Pros
Opportunities are amazing, benefits great.
Cons
No added pay incentives or bonuses for great work.
Product Support Electronics
Electronics Product Support (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJanuary 3, 2018
one of the best jobs I've had. Some days were stressful and slammed with calls (call center type job) Some days were slower. The position that I held was very fun and had many possibilities.
Productive, solid work flow that never changes, massive warehouse with department changing options
Kick Push Plate Packer (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INDecember 17, 2017
Work there is diverse, a lot of different ethical back grounds to speak to and learn about, there is many sections within one department to work at so its not repetitive and boring, and the management can seem cut-throat but in general wishes the best for its employees. Benefits are awesome, and if you don't like a department you have the option to change to a new one you get 3 paid vacation days at the start of your first day at work and management isn't hard to find. You get an hour long break and 2 10 minute breaks during your shift, over time is some times mandatory if no one in the department in question volunteers.
Pros
Hour lunch, easy to get to, benefits, pay, paid days off
Cons
Mistakes can happen often and stop work flow, policies change a lot so its hard to keep up on what has changed for the better or the worse
Busy warehouse very noisy
Stager/Packer/assembly (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INDecember 15, 2017
Get ready for a fast paced environment. Most days are 10hr shifts with some Saturday's. Overtime is mandatory most of the time. Very loud atmosphere.
Majority of the areas are simple to learn. Must pay attention to detail and watch the quality of your work. You are required to maintain an hourly tact sheet to show progress of your work.
Pros
Great health and dental insurance.
Cons
Short breaks, 30 min lunches, lot's of overtime
Home away from home
TEAM LEAD (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHDecember 14, 2017
I have worked with the same people for 15 years as the tenure at Allegion is longer than I have seen at any other company and my co-workers have become a second family to me. It is home away from home and they are great people to work with.
Pros
Holidays, weekends off, floating holidays and flexible schedule options
Cons
lack of communication in top levels of management, lack of good training programs for new tools or systems.
Great benefits and pay / little room for growth
Consumer Loyalty Representative (Current Employee) –  Olathe, KSNovember 29, 2017
Allegion gives great benefits and pay but there is very little room for growth. Training is always available. Restricted to desk most of day but there is also a gym on site for breaks/lunches
Pros
Gym in office
Cons
No room for growth
Clear goals
Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHNovember 7, 2017
Management is good at setting clear goals for how your job contributes to the overall success of the business. This helps drive focus to the direction and work that needs to be completed.
nice work place
Picker/Packer (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INOctober 21, 2017
great place to work just to far trying to get closer to home
atleast as close as I can so I can get there faster and stay longer if needed by the jobs
Being in HR at Allegion
HR Manager (Current Employee) –  Carmel, INOctober 6, 2017
Allegion's culture is very collaborative, supportive and overall a positive place to work. My role was full of challenges and I was always fully engaged there.
Pros
Great culture and successful business
Balanced work place

Poor Management
Bad Attitudes
Poor Team lead
Unorganized
If you come to work everyday and stay to yourself just make sure your job is complete you will be fine allegion comes with alot of perks and benefits as an employee just don't try to befriend team leads and management no matter how much they try those people are snakes in the grass but they pay great and the work is easy so i would say work there
Great corporation overall.
Territory Manager (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WASeptember 21, 2017
I had a wonderful time working for Allegion. Great products, benefits, employees, and a great customer base. I really enjoyed my work there. My manager and team were extremely supportive.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Allegion. Our community is ready to answer.