Allegis Transcription

Allegis Transcription Employee Reviews

United States9 reviews
I love working for Allegis.

The audio quality varies, but averages out to reasonable and expected. I control how much or how little I work, as long as I meet minimums. I've gone from working 30+ hours a week, down to 10 and then back up to 30+. Their system is optimized so that those that want full time work, can work full time and experience minimal holds if any. Those that want part time work, may experience holds.

That said I've never lacked for work. The work holds I've seen/experienced have been quite short and I've still been able to produce what I wanted that week.

That said, this is a contract position. No benefits, no pay increase, etc. It is what it is. But for me, it's pretty awesome.

I've been here 3+ years.
Pros
ample work, great pay, flexible
Cons
I have been working as a Legal Transcriptionist for Allegis for a few months now. I highly recommend it. Their standards are high, but it challenges me to a better typist. The pay is on time and weekly which helps out so much. They also pay very fairly compared to other places I have worked! I am so happy I got on with them! So far they seem to have plenty of work, and I am learning a lot. I highly recommend.
Low pay, no benefits, terrible working conditions, lack of work. This is a per-page based job, but the company throws up barriers in the form of work holds for newer employees, making it nearly impossible to make ends meet. I was visiting food banks every week just to get groceries because the pay fell well below the minimum wage, which they are able to get away with because it is an independent-contractor job. The management could not care any less about their employees.
Pros
Cons
Low pay, not enough work, toxic management
Official response from Allegis Transcription
September 6, 2018
Hello, thank you for your honest feedback, and we are sorry to hear that you had a negative experience working with Allegis. During the interview process, we ask very specific questions in regards to transcription experience, typing speed, and desired income in order to be very transparent about the amount of pages you should be able to produce each week, and thus, your average weekly pay. The information we provide is based solely on the information provided to us by the interviewee. In regards to the work holds, these do occur, but are few and far between. In the last 3 months only a very small percentage of our contractors experienced work holds, with very few days without work. Contractors affected by these work holds are those working the very minimum hours required by our company, with those producing more work not being affected by any lulls in work volume, always having access to work. Lastly, because our transcriptionists are independent contractors and not employees, they are not subject to benefits, as is the norm in this industry, unfortunately, and again, is made clear during the interview process for those who are new to contract work. If you have any additional questions or concerns you would like to address with us, please feel free to contact us directly at icjobs@allegistranscription.com.
I currently work at Allegis Transcription, and I'm very happy there. The work is totally flexible, and the pay is great. The downsides are things like no PTO or benefits, but I would still consider it one of the best work-from-home options out there. The staff are so nice and helpful, and I never mind asking them questions or getting in touch with them. If you like transcription, whether as a part-time position or something you take on full time, then this company should be at the forefront of your options.
Pros
Flexible Work, Nice Staff, Constant Work, Get to Work From Home
Cons
No PTO, No benefits
My direct supervisor was a lovely person who was very helpful. It started as an okay place to work. Not great pay, but that is expected these days. I was flexible in my scheduled hours to meet TAT time as a part-time employee. I ALWAYS met or exceeded production and quality requirements. Then, out of the blue one morning about 30-40 of us part-timers got an email that our positions were terminated. No explanation and no communication from anyone personally. I have been a transcriptionist for over 30 years and felt this was a betrayal of trust between the company and myself. Will never go back there and would never recommend it to anyone.
Official response from Allegis Transcription
June 18, 2018
Thank you for commenting on Allegis. Unfortunately, I think you may have confused us with another company, or posted on the wrong companies page. Allegis transcription is not a medical transcription company, we do not have any editor positions, nor have we ever experienced any mass lay off’s/terminations. If you have any questions or concerns that you would like to address please feel free to contact us directly at icjobs@allegistranscription.com
Your experience matters.
Help out others considering your employer. Rate your employer.
Office staff very responsive. Completely responsible for your own schedule and can complete the work pretty much 24/7. Pay rate seems low, though it appears to be higher than most others for similar work.
Pros
Schedule flexibility
Cons
Difficult to advance
The pros of working here are: Working from your home, decent pay, management is great, and more. The only con of working here is that it is contract work, which means no benefits or paid time off.
Pros
work from home, excellent management, no set schedule
Cons
no benefits or paid time off
It's a nice job to have on the side. Nothing I would consider could be a full time job. You work more hours than expected trying to put together the transcription that is staticky or hard to hear or understand. It was fun while it lasted.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Don't get compensated for bad recordings and the extra time you put into it.
Allegis is a great place to work. Nice, friendly people, flexible and interesting. I currently work there and I enjoy it a lot. I would recommend it to anyone who needs a flexible work schedule and helpful, friendly people.
Pros
Nice, helpful staff, weekly pay
Cons
Low pay