Allegro MicroSystems, LLC Employee Reviews

4.2
Ratings breakdown
Great place if you are related to someone in management
Staff (Former Employee) –  WorcesterApril 23, 2018
Oldboy network. Advancement depends on who you are friends with and if you’re related to someone important. In my department everyone over 50 was laid off regardless of how much time they had been working for the company Ideas were evaluated on who had them and not how good they were Thank God I’m no longer there
Pros
Some good coworkers.
Cons
To many to list
fun place to work .
inspecter (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MAMarch 10, 2018
Making Mico chips . I was inspecting the chips for defect . To make sure they perfect wafer mic chips These chip are made for cars .and telephones and other things
Great Place to work
Quality Systems Specialist (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MAFebruary 17, 2018
Allegro is a company that careers are built at. The atmosphere is family like. The company helps each employee to gain experience in many ways. Benefits provided by Allegro are unmatched.
Pros
Education, room for advancement
decent workplace
Master Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MAFebruary 8, 2018
need to upgrade their business systems. they had many software systems, many of them homegrown, that they had to weave together to get them to work appropriately. They really need to just take the leap and implement a full business suite such as Oracle or SAP to encompass all of the various functions.
Allegro was a great place to work, open, good team culture.
Quality Manager, Japan and Asia (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MAFebruary 8, 2018
Allegro was the best place to work, which is why I stayed with the company for over 30 years. I only retired due to an early retirement package that would have been very difficult to say no to. Now, I wish I had stayed as I miss the hard work and the great fellow employees. Everyone in every team, be it quality, design, engineering, marketing, sales, and production was positive and forward-looking. There was great camaraderie. Everyone was clear that we were market leaders, but that the outside competition was also fierce. We were all dedicated to a never-ending victory in our markets cemented by the best products and the best service that our customers could ever hope to achieve from a supplier. It is because of these feelings that I now look again to get back into this field because I think these same attributes are shared by many U.S. leading edge companies. I wish everyone at Allegro continued success.
Pros
Feeling of accomplishment and shared team effort.
Cons
Our customers did occasionally give some to be expected stress.
Productive and fun place to work
Electrical Engineer (Current Employee) –  Manchester, NHJanuary 31, 2018
A typical days starts off with both mechanical and electrical calibrations. General maintenance is usually required along the way.

We are always learning something new each day during trouble shooting.

Management is firm, but not pushy to get systems back up and running.

Challenges arise when repairing equipment that is outdated and service parts are no longer available.

The work is gratifying and the employees get along, as well as management.
Pros
Flexible work schedule
Cons
Small departments
I worked at Allegro Microsystems for 25 yrs. 7 months, it was a very productive environment, a challenge, a learning experience, friendly co-workers.
Production Specialist (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MAJanuary 13, 2018
I worked at Allegro Microsystems for 25yrs. 7 months, it was a very productive environment, a challenge, a learning experience, friendly co-workers. worked 12 hour shifts, very busy which I like.
Drove Sales Numbers beyond Manufacturing Output
Vice President Sales & Marketing (Former Employee) –  MassachusettsJanuary 8, 2018
Changed Sales Force, from Direct to Manfacture Representatives

Changed Direct sales people in Sales Managers, on a WW basis.

Created 7 new Game Changing products working with Engineering

Worked on Stock option program for all employees

Worked Closley with BOD at Sanken Japan Headquarters.
Pros
Created an Enviroment of Excitement
Cons
Culture was Old and Tired
Enjoyable
Process Technician (Former Employee) –  Willow Grove, PADecember 18, 2017
My supervisor was fantastic, he was there to guide me, however, I was responsible for making sure the work was completed on time and correctly. I also was responsible for employees schedule.
Enjoyable place to work. Interesting work.
Manager/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MADecember 14, 2017
I have been working at Allegro Microsystems for over 20 years. I started out as a production worker and moved up to the production supervisor. I enjoyed all my years at Allegro.
Pros
Good group of people working there.
Cons
long hours, no employee awards or incentives
I liked working here.
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Manchester, NHDecember 2, 2017
The job could be stressful and somewhat cut throat, but once you learn the job and the management knows what you can do, they let you do it and leave you alone.
Pros
GOod work, kept busy.
Cons
dealing with other people not pulling their weight
Semiconductor Production Worker 1 (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MANovember 10, 2017
Working for the company was cool but the management lacks communication with each other and their employees, beside that every day was a good day to work there.
Micro chip Production
Trainer/Instructor (Former Employee) –  Worcester County, MAJune 21, 2017
Great job with great people. A job that can be described as a family business. Bosses are lovely and very helpful. Human resources are very approachable. Every one willing to give their best and wishing to get the work done
Pros
lunches are at time provided
Cons
health care provided
Wish they would of stayed in MA
Deionized Water Maintenance Mechanic IV (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MAJune 1, 2017
Allegro Microsystems Inc. treats all of it's employees with the utmost respect and dignity. I could go on about how great it was to have worked for this company but, I'm really just trying to get through this bit.
Friendly company
Product Marketing Manager (Current Employee) –  Manchester, NHMay 29, 2017
Young and fast growing tech company full of friendly employees.
Focusing on automotive market, hence long-term job security is given as long as you are proven as a performer.
productive
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Manchester, NHMay 26, 2017
running different types of machines, different types of censors. Learned about LN2 takes, 5S. Working with engineers was the hardest part. Was also hard when friends starting losing their jobs.
Pros
overtime. benfits
Cons
short breaks
Great working environment
Engineering Technician (Current Employee) –  Worcester, MAMarch 2, 2017
A typical day at work is usually busy. I usually work with manufacturing engineers and R&D engineers. The management is awesome. They provide all the support I need to complete my daily task. Workplace culture involves team work, applying company policies to achieve quality product, applying safety measures and on time delivery of product to customers. The hardest part of the job is multitasking and long working hours. Allegro is a great place to work. I enjoy working there.
Pros
healthcare, bonus, work environment
Cons
Truly a family environment and everyone works well together as a team to achieve the same end goals.
Senior Customer Services Specialist (Former Employee) –  Kokomo, INJanuary 31, 2017
Demanding job that came with high rewards. Great upper management with a thoughtful attitude towards their employees. Demanding day to day operations with deadlines and due dates.
Pros
Workplace recognition, great team atmosphere, positive attitudes
Cons
Responsiveness from internal segments for feedback.
an LLC in Worcester
Production Planner (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MAOctober 15, 2016
The company itself is solid and it makes good products. The work environment is casual and not excessively stressful. People are friendly enough and the compensation and benefits are decent for the area. As a whole, the company is fairly organized and there is good communication in terms of HR and IT efforts to make things more user friendly.

However... it is a private company in a geographically-challenged area. The culture is shaped by the personalities and preferences of the few; the workforce is markedly older and more difficult to change/improve then in public high-tech companies (many lifers here); and, even with well-intended attempts at modernization it's still pretty stagnant and unnecessarily rigid in my opinion.

Overall it's not a bad place to work, but it may be a difficult transition if coming from a public company of equal size or a more agile start-up, for example. I'm sure many will find it great, others not so much. All depends on prior work experience and expectations.

One thing I can say that will shock you is the way email is overused and abused here. I've never seen anything like it since I started out in the late-1990s. Everyone copies everyone on anything and everything. It's truly crazy!
Pros
compensation, benefits, fitness center, free coffee
Cons
bit outdated
Allegro MicroSystems, LLC is the place to work
QUALITY SYSTEMS SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MAJune 29, 2015
Allegro has some of the finest employees around. They will all help when they can. Management likes it's employees to improve through school or certifications. As a Quality Systems Specialist I could see the difference I was making and it was reflected by Management in the yearly reviews. This company will reward employees for a job well done and going above and beyond.