Allegro Senior Living LLC Employee Reviews

Great place to work.
Prep Cook/Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLJuly 16, 2018
For a 1st job, not so bad. It really helped me into becoming a good cook. It's a different experience working with senior citizens. I definitely would recommend this job to a high school student.
Management sucked
Employee (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 13, 2018
Corporate needs to investigate all exempt managers of the time off they take . Sick days , vacations the so called pto, I’ve never seen it abused by so many people that don’t have to clock in.
Pros
Residents
Cons
Management/ pay / organization
The care staff & residents are amazing
Care staff (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 20, 2018
Renaissance is one of the WORST companies to work for . Management is terrible they never help , you’re over worked and underpaid . They have their favorites and no matter what they will always take heir side in everything . They have walked out when emergencies were happening . I’ve never worked for a company so terrible in my life . They do not care if the residents have enough to eat for dinner . They are perfectly fine with resident putting their hands on other residents and staff memebers . They refuse to accommodate anything . I pick up shifts all the time and I need one day off and they refuse to give it .
Pros
Residents are amazing
Cons
Managers are pathetic
Poor
RSD (Former Employee) –  Boynton Beach, FLMay 9, 2018
Corporate insists on skeletal staff and budget. No training. Ridiculous expectations. No training, no HR. Pay poor. Associates and all employees are devalued.
Pros
Building are nice but not clean.
Cons
Everything.
New management is needed
Jack of All Trades (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAApril 20, 2018
The executive director is incompetent. They should do a background check on management when companies switch over. Management needs to change in order for the residents and the staff to feel valued and appreciated. Actions always speak louder than words. In order to keep job they throw anyone up under the bus.
Pros
Free meal, residents are the best, co-workers
Cons
Upper management the Executive Director
Relaxing Workplace
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLMarch 5, 2018
Everyday at Allegro Hyde Park is new, the residents make everyday unique. I work reception and enjoy hearing their stories or even just catching up with them. Working at Allegro is wonderful, everyone here is a family, residents and associates. Our staff is helpful, understanding, and patient. We take pride in serving our residents, we are always helpful and make our community a better place to live and work. Our team is hardworking and we always keep a smile on our face! Allegro Hyde Park is an awesome community!
Pros
Awesome benefits, Helpful staff, Opportunities to advance
Place would be better if the management was better and caring
Care Staff (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLDecember 16, 2017
I love the residents but the management sucks nothing is confidential the management doesn’t care about employees suggestions at all . Pay sucks and I believe it would be great if it would be a change .
Pros
Love the residents
Cons
Lack of communication and they don’t take their staff opinions at all
Stressful and frustration
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Boynton Beach, FLDecember 15, 2017
By and large the employees are discouraged by management's selfish approach. It is openly demonstrated that the lower levels of staff are not valued. Persons are treated disrespectfully and with scant regard, while being asked to fill in for other staff members who left their positions due to frustration.
Pros
Health benefits were available to all
Cons
Inadequately trained management team
descent place to work
FOH Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Jupiter, FLDecember 7, 2017
my time at Allegro was good for the time I was there, however the company gave little opportunity for growth. The Executive Director was not a very nice nor proactive individual. In conclusion, my Dining Services Director was amazing!
Pros
free lunch
Cons
limited advancement opportunities
Job for if you need exerpeince
Server (Former Employee) –  Saint Augustine, FLDecember 6, 2017
I took this job to help get server experience. It's a good job if you need to get your foot in the door, but after a year I don't think it's worth it. I started there at 8.50 and then after a year, they gave me a .50 cent raise, which is nice, except that new hires who started a few months after me, got paid 9.00 right off the bat. There are fun parties, and if you work 32 hours a week you are considered full-time and get vacation time at a good rate and holiday pay. Hours are strange and you work just as hard as you would in a high-volume restaurant, but no tips. You need patience because those seniors will RUN you. Managment was okay. Okay job for a college kid, but turnover is high.
Pros
Free lunches, Benefits
Cons
Management, Stress, Pay
Fun work place
Server (Former Employee) –  Stuart, FLDecember 4, 2017
Be a fast worker and you'll get the job done. It's a great experience to get your foot in the door of being a server. The environment is friendly, the food is great.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Short breaks
Horrible place to work
Associate (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLNovember 14, 2017
Management doesn't care about employees and they are unprofessional. They only care about making money and not the residents needs. You work hard and they only find negative things to focus on. And the management is the worst.
Care staff (Current Employee) –  Stuart, FLNovember 12, 2017
Nice place to work. Very beautiful building. Friendly staff. Residents are very happy in their house. Makes my job experience worth while. I enjoyed working there.
Dining services (Former Employee) –  Stuart, FLNovember 4, 2017
Run!!! Don't apply here. When I first started our dining manager was great, after he left it all went down hill. They don't care about their employees who work hard. Always short staffed, you and up doing lots of extra work. To stressful.
Pros
Working with the residents
Cons
Productive place to work.
ASSISTANT RESIDENT SERVICES DIRECTOR (Current Employee) –  Jupiter, FLOctober 13, 2017
I recommend Allegro Senior living to anybody looking for a good culture and work atmosphere. The most enjoyable part of the job are our amazing residents.
Terrible management
Server (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLSeptember 15, 2017
The favortism at Allegro (previously known as Horizon Bay) was outrageous. I wouldn't work there again if someone paid me a million bucks. There was no room for advancement and management talked to you (and allowed coworkers to talk to you) like you were trash.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Management, coworkers
Great company for stellar employees
Sales (Current Employee) –  FloridaSeptember 12, 2017
No company is perfect, but I believe this company has the desire to be the best company to work for and rewards employees who do stellar work. Low performance and laziness in any department is not tolerated for long, so come to work prepared to give your best. Open door policy to share ideas and concerns, a willingness to act on them and continuously improve. My work family is like my real family and I love going to my community for work.
Pros
Positive and fun culture
Cons
No dependent care flexible spending account
Hard Core Corporate Leadership
Director of Sales and Marketing (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLSeptember 7, 2017
Allegro is a great company with excellent values. Unfortunately the need for investors to fill the assisted living and sales only sales atmosphere takes away from the emphasis on patient care. Local management did not exemplify the values that corporate boasts.
Worse job I have ever had in my life!!!
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Jupiter, FLAugust 28, 2017
The management is the biggest problem with this place. If you want to be disrespected and treated like you're not human then by all means apply for this horrible job
Pros
Hours
Cons
Managements
Poor management
Lead cook (Former Employee) –  KentuckyAugust 20, 2017
Very poor Management in dining services. I worked for the company in the kitchen for 3 1/2 years. Food went out the back door, management doesn't care about employees only care about the numbers of residents they con into moving in. They make broken promises to staff and residents. Always ran out of food for residents.

Loved caring for the elderly, made some great friends with them & loved the dream team that we were with staff.
Pros
Friendly hardworking staff members