Allen County Employee Reviews

Decent part time opportunity
Trained Crowd Manager/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INAugust 5, 2018
If you like people and working with them, and being in the hub of business and entertainment, this could be for you. If you don't like standing for long periods, or talking to people very frequently, I suggest you move on to the next opportunity.
Pros
Flexible Schedule
Cons
Standing.
RTI International
Field Technician (Contract) (Current Employee) –  DeKalb County, INApril 23, 2018
Headway is contracted through RTI Intervnational. Management has been supportive and cooperative with all the feedback and changes made. Compensation is very generous. I hope to work for RTI throughout this study as well as others in the future.
Pros
Independent workload
Cons
Not enough hours when it gets slow
Fun running my own company
PRESIDENT/OWNER * HALL'S HOME IMPROVEMENT (Current Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INMarch 6, 2018
Fun place to work, Owned the company for 9 years and it's been good but the hours are long and it has become difficult to find qualified help. Therefore I am selling the business.
Poor Management
Paratransit Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Lima, OHAugust 2, 2017
I love what I do and enjoy my co-worker. Can't deal with under qualified management and favoritism.

The hardest part of my job is not knowing what is expected of you and rules changing to fit the mood of the day.
Pros
Rewarding Position
Cons
Poor Management
Would recommend to almost anyone
Confinement Officer (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INAugust 3, 2015
Depending on shift and area assigned for the day duties are varied.Every shifts function is to maintain safety as well as needs and security for inmates and fellow team workers.
Education from this environment is never ending. Vast knowledge of people from all walks of life allowing me to use that information to be a excellent officer.
All of my command staff were at one time confinement officer's who had to prove themselves to earn their title.The result being fair and correct in their decision making.
The hardest part for me in my job was witnessing all the problems and pain inmates exposed themselves to. Knowing if they did not get more help than what was offered at the jail.They were headed on a destructive path for their life.
I truly enjoyed everyone .I had the pleasure of not only being a part of the team but a friend to all
Pros
Great benefits and job security
Cons
Exposure to occasional violence
An Organization to Learn From
CHIEF PROBATION OFFICER (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, IndianaAugust 18, 2014
My position at the Adult Probation Department went through six personnel in two years, and has went through several since...for a reason.

Overall, it was a good experience to learn from.
N/a
Finance Deputy IV (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INAugust 14, 2014
Working with customers, attorney's, magistrates, judges, and general public daily.

Taking payments for child support,
Bail bonds
Bail Purges

Preparing correct documentation for individuals on public assistance.
Balancing teller drawer daily
Handling monies from four different data bases, and managing those funds to be allocated to the appropriate funds where they were to be disbursed.
Interactive
Human Resource, Benefits Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Lima, OHJanuary 31, 2014
My experience with Allen County allowed me to gain the knowledge of being in the public sector for the first time in my career. This allowed me to continue to expand my skills and grow both in my career and as an individual.
Pros
Time off
Cons
Pay
Retail manager
Marketing/Safety Director/Bus Driver/Sales (Former Employee) –  Lima, OHMay 30, 2013
I was the manager for a health store. I learned how to be a leader learned alot about true customer service.
Pros
The support from other managers
Cons
On call 24/7
Overall a good job
Election Deputy (Current Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INMay 27, 2013
I have obtained a greater understanding about the complexities of government and the implimentation and development of policies. The best part of my job is that I have worked for a Director who encourages personal growth.
Pros
Varying job assignments
Cons
Very stressful
Contract Position
Court facilitator (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INJanuary 31, 2013
Great place to work, people were knowledgable, great experence
Politically motivated environment
Court Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INAugust 26, 2012
A good place to work if you are content with a simple job without want or need for establishing a future.