Allen Distribution Employee Reviews

sanitation supervisor .
Sanitation Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CASeptember 21, 2018
The people nice and respectful.new experience for me usen the scrub machine and swiper and also supervisory the new people and teaching how to doin the job correctly. And this job I’m lear to many things like how drive forklifts and pallet jack electric and move stuff the experience it was new and amazing new i , new equipment , nice place and people.
Pros
Some times free lunches.
Cons
To many hours.
Growing company
Distribution Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Carlisle, PAAugust 10, 2018
Growing too quickly and struggling to maintain a stable, experienced work forcorce in a vert compete environment. A good company trying to do the right thing.
Pros
Excellent benefits
Cons
Work malice balance
It's a fast pace work place heavy lifting required
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CAJuly 23, 2018
It's a fast pace work place with a lot of heavy lifting required it's loading and unloading stacking and wrapping pallets repacking and labeling boxes
Cons
Not a bad job. After your 90 day things starr to look better.
Laborer (Current Employee) –  Carlisle, PAJuly 16, 2018
Your first 90 days suck. No holiday pay, no vacation time. No benifits until first of the month after 60 days. After that is not a bad place to work. Takes three years to get two weeks off. Scheduled overtime is not set in stone they depend on agency employees to run production lines and if not enough sign up or come in they dont run the line. Equipment is in good shape and clean environment.
Pros
They are flexable. Very good health benefits
Cons
First 90 days. Vacation time. Expensive health benefits
Not openly honest about work hours/OT until the last minute sometimes
Warehouse Technician (Current Employee) –  Carlisle, PAJuly 2, 2018
I was told it would be 8 hours a day w/ voluntary overtime and when I got my facility found out it was 10 hours a day w/ mandatory overtime.

Also, wasn't even given 30 days before being hounded about my 'numbers'. Normally there is a 30, 60 90 day review period...but I'm sticking it out.
Productive friendly
Laborer (Current Employee) –  Carlisle, PAJune 27, 2018
A typical day is good go by fast management is great always there to give a lending hand culture was mostly Spanish not all knew English but we all worked together
Pros
Good working environment
Cons
Work varied from day to day
Bad management
N/A (Former Employee) –  Carlisle, PAJune 4, 2018
This job is at will. They fire people just as fast as they try to hire people. You’re better off working through a temp service. This is a fly by night place and the majority of their workers leave before their years out do to lack of training, pay and management. Horrible job!
Pros
Cons
Poor management
box making and pallet organizing
associate (Former Employee) –  Camp Hill, PAMay 30, 2018
from the time you stop stretching, until first break, you are moving around doing something to build your skills. After lunch the atmosphere changes to an even more relaxed atmosphere!!
Pros
easy work
Cons
repetative work every day!!!!
Forklift
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Carlisle, PAMay 14, 2018
It was a nice work place until you feel like you're being underappreciated. They use you like a work dog if no one else knows the job. They were decent at first the pay wasn't as good for what they make you do
Pros
Relaxed at time
Cons
Pay and underappreciated
Different building different rules
Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Carlisle, PAMay 8, 2018
I've been working for Allen since 2016. Loved it at first til I got moved to another building to advance my career there. Ever since then the company as a whole has gone down hill. Barely able to staff the multiple buildings they have, but still opening more. We try and bring up ligit concerns, but nothing changes. Depending on what building you're in depends on the people. Some managers will let you get away with murder others will write you up for looking at them wrong. Rules differ from building to building. If you're a hard worker they'll expect you to handle the slack of everyone else. Pay sucks and vac pretty much nonexistent. If you call off even with a Drs note they take you're vac time away.
Pros
Two 15 min breaks and 30 min lunch
Cons
company heading down hill fast
Too each is own
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Mechanicsburg, PAMay 3, 2018
I worked here for almost 2 months. I resigned due to the fact 2nd shift wasn't getting many hours. Got 4,5 hours one day. While first shift and mid-shift always get there 40 hours. The last week I was working OT was giving like candy but good luck finding pace to receive freight. No fast place environment if your picking orders. If your doing inbound trucks. They like you to do the trucks in 2 hours or less. Be prepared to get wrote for anything unsafe if you don't report something. You'll get fired faster then Donald trump's old TV show. You won't get raises much but no cap on raises. If your a minute late 1 point. If you call off work 2 points. If you forgot to clock in 1/2 a point.If you got 3 points in your first 90 days or your fired!!!
Its a decent company I wanted to go back. I put my two notice in withdraw it but wrote a letter saying it was my last day at the end if my shift. The team lead stayed passed 4:30 HR told me I walked out when the shift was over worked 8 hours on my days off. Management has zero sense of direction and they might lose that new snyder's food account. It's a iffy job tho but not to shabby!!!
Pros
sometimes they feed you and free damaged water
Cons
not much overtime
Not fun working here
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CAApril 13, 2018
I have been with the company since they started all the training i pick up myself i trained every new employee there with no extra pay or raise, i had to reassign my job
Pros
okay hours
Cons
Wont go back
Unfair. No proper training. Not allowed to advance with career
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  670 Allen roadApril 4, 2018
Allen Distribution is overall a nice place to work and is kept up. As for the management, they do not work well with issues that arise that affect workers. Supervisors there are very disrespectful and are never willing to train or work with anyone.
Was fun and productive but jumped off a cliff
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Mechanicsburg, PAApril 2, 2018
Worked for allen not to long ago and it was fun to come in for the first 8 months then management seemed to catch amnesia and forgot what was working for them. Fired / let all of the best employees leave and never replaced them which resulted in everyone working in a frenzy and doing tasks they’ve never done without proper training. Job still wasnt hard but it gets old coming in and working your butt off just to still be so far behind. Left for more $
Pros
Set schedule no crazy OT, more responsibilities which can actually keep you busy your whole shift
Cons
13.50 isnt enough, no enforcers on Management team discipline almost seems petty
Busy, yet unstable work environment
Warehouse Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Carlisle, PAMarch 13, 2018
Allen would have been a great place to work if they were able to keep there management team. During the time that I was there. I worked under 3 different managers. There are no consistencies in the day to day activities. There were approximately 5 different customers that we warehoused and shipped for. They seem to run the facility outside of the original agreed contract. Im a firm believer in customer satisfaction. However, one time leads to another and before long.. Your customers assume they have free run.

Drama and Gossip is a huge thing with management and employees where it should be separated. Management should not be involved In the day to day drama and clickiness that I had witnessed.

I would not return to Allen, unless the management team had a more professional attitude.
Pros
Employees were rewarded well there
Cons
Poor Management Profession
Hard work
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Carlisle, PAFebruary 13, 2018
It was hard work but everyone worked together to get what the employer wanted and needed done to profit for the company. Not a lot of people to be around.
Pros
12 hours a day
Cons
4 days
Good
Recruiting and Onboarding Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Carlisle, PAFebruary 7, 2018
Great company to work for nothing bad to say about them. Great managers and a great environment to grow in. Definitely a place where you can grow and become someone.
Productive and Relaxed paced enviorment
Shipping/Receiving Clerk (Current Employee) –  Ontario, CAFebruary 6, 2018
I learned how to work in a fast paced office environment, taught me a lot of skills valuable in working in an office. It is a fast paced but also relaxed environment.
Great
Forklift Operator Lead (Former Employee) –  Carlisle, PAJanuary 26, 2018
Was a good place to work. Pay could of been better and the work to home life balance was not all that great. Traveling between buildings gets to you trying to learn to everything
Great hours very mindless work
Warehouse Picker (Former Employee) –  Carlisle, PAJanuary 24, 2018
The people here were the stereotypical people to be working at a warehouse but they were not too bad to work with. Management was iffy and did not really care about the individuals.