Allen Distribution Employee Reviews

Bad management
N/A (Former Employee) –  Carlisle, PAJune 4, 2018
This job is at will. They fire people just as fast as they try to hire people. You’re better off working through a temp service. This is a fly by night place and the majority of their workers leave before their years out do to lack of training, pay and management. Horrible job!
Pros
Cons
Poor management
Forklift
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Carlisle, PAMay 14, 2018
It was a nice work place until you feel like you're being underappreciated. They use you like a work dog if no one else knows the job. They were decent at first the pay wasn't as good for what they make you do
Pros
Relaxed at time
Cons
Pay and underappreciated
Different building different rules
Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Carlisle, PAMay 8, 2018
I've been working for Allen since 2016. Loved it at first til I got moved to another building to advance my career there. Ever since then the company as a whole has gone down hill. Barely able to staff the multiple buildings they have, but still opening more. We try and bring up ligit concerns, but nothing changes. Depending on what building you're in depends on the people. Some managers will let you get away with murder others will write you up for looking at them wrong. Rules differ from building to building. If you're a hard worker they'll expect you to handle the slack of everyone else. Pay sucks and vac pretty much nonexistent. If you call off even with a Drs note they take you're vac time away.
Pros
Two 15 min breaks and 30 min lunch
Cons
company heading down hill fast
Too each is own
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Mechanicsburg, PAMay 3, 2018
I worked here for almost 2 months. I resigned due to the fact 2nd shift wasn't getting many hours. Got 4,5 hours one day. While first shift and mid-shift always get there 40 hours. The last week I was working OT was giving like candy but good luck finding pace to receive freight. No fast place environment if your picking orders. If your doing inbound trucks. They like you to do the trucks in 2 hours or less. Be prepared to get wrote for anything unsafe if you don't report something. You'll get fired faster then Donald trump's old TV show. You won't get raises much but no cap on raises. If your a minute late 1 point. If you call off work 2 points. If you forgot to clock in 1/2 a point.If you got 3 points in your first 90 days or your fired!!!
Its a decent company I wanted to go back. I put my two notice in withdraw it but wrote a letter saying it was my last day at the end if my shift. The team lead stayed passed 4:30 HR told me I walked out when the shift was over worked 8 hours on my days off. Management has zero sense of direction and they might lose that new snyder's food account. It's a iffy job tho but not to shabby!!!
Pros
sometimes they feed you and free damaged water
Cons
not much overtime
Not fun working here
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CAApril 13, 2018
I have been with the company since they started all the training i pick up myself i trained every new employee there with no extra pay or raise, i had to reassign my job
Pros
okay hours
Cons
Wont go back
Unfair. No proper training. Not allowed to advance with career
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  670 Allen roadApril 4, 2018
Allen Distribution is overall a nice place to work and is kept up. As for the management, they do not work well with issues that arise that affect workers. Supervisors there are very disrespectful and are never willing to train or work with anyone.
Was fun and productive but jumped off a cliff
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Mechanicsburg, PAApril 2, 2018
Worked for allen not to long ago and it was fun to come in for the first 8 months then management seemed to catch amnesia and forgot what was working for them. Fired / let all of the best employees leave and never replaced them which resulted in everyone working in a frenzy and doing tasks they’ve never done without proper training. Job still wasnt hard but it gets old coming in and working your butt off just to still be so far behind. Left for more $
Pros
Set schedule no crazy OT, more responsibilities which can actually keep you busy your whole shift
Cons
13.50 isnt enough, no enforcers on Management team discipline almost seems petty
Busy, yet unstable work environment
Warehouse Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Carlisle, PAMarch 13, 2018
Allen would have been a great place to work if they were able to keep there management team. During the time that I was there. I worked under 3 different managers. There are no consistencies in the day to day activities. There were approximately 5 different customers that we warehoused and shipped for. They seem to run the facility outside of the original agreed contract. Im a firm believer in customer satisfaction. However, one time leads to another and before long.. Your customers assume they have free run.

Drama and Gossip is a huge thing with management and employees where it should be separated. Management should not be involved In the day to day drama and clickiness that I had witnessed.

I would not return to Allen, unless the management team had a more professional attitude.
Pros
Employees were rewarded well there
Cons
Poor Management Profession
Hard work
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Carlisle, PAFebruary 13, 2018
It was hard work but everyone worked together to get what the employer wanted and needed done to profit for the company. Not a lot of people to be around.
Pros
12 hours a day
Cons
4 days
Good
Recruiting and Onboarding Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Carlisle, PAFebruary 7, 2018
Great company to work for nothing bad to say about them. Great managers and a great environment to grow in. Definitely a place where you can grow and become someone.
Productive and Relaxed paced enviorment
Shipping/Receiving Clerk (Current Employee) –  Ontario, CAFebruary 6, 2018
I learned how to work in a fast paced office environment, taught me a lot of skills valuable in working in an office. It is a fast paced but also relaxed environment.
Great
Forklift Operator Lead (Former Employee) –  Carlisle, PAJanuary 26, 2018
Was a good place to work. Pay could of been better and the work to home life balance was not all that great. Traveling between buildings gets to you trying to learn to everything
Great hours very mindless work
Warehouse Picker (Former Employee) –  Carlisle, PAJanuary 24, 2018
The people here were the stereotypical people to be working at a warehouse but they were not too bad to work with. Management was iffy and did not really care about the individuals.
Overall a great place to work but if you have a family and bills then it's more for someone single or lives at home. That's just my opinion
Forkift operater inbound trainer (Current Employee) –  Carlisle, PAJanuary 13, 2018
I like my Job and really do not want to leave but the money just is not there. And very little advancement. Over all everyone i work with including management are great. The reason people leave and find other jobs is because they don't pay enough money. When you have a home to pay for and a family every dollar counts. I also am looking at the big picture. Retirement meaning i am 48 years old and in the next 20 years i would really like to save up for me and my family.
Pros
Great work team
Cons
Pay to little
Horrible place to work
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  PennsylvaniaDecember 20, 2017
This is a horrible company to work for. They hire you and pick on your and then go to the extreme of lying on you to hr just to get you fired. There’s NO union so you’re screwed! Their turn over rate is EXTREMELY high! Management is vety unprofessional and lack knowledge of hiw to treat employees fairly! They go from 0-100 in secs! Stay away if you’re smart! Everyone leaves usually because of the lack of job stability! Best choice I ever made was to leave this fly by night company!
Pros
Cons
Unprofessional management., Overworked employees. Lack of training. High insurance benefits and low wages
Unfair practices/Horrble management
Forklift Operator Certified (Former Employee) –  Carlisle, PADecember 13, 2017
Bad company to work for. They willl set you up to get in trouble or fired especially if they don’t like you. You could get set up by them not being professional in their business practices. No union to fight for your job and workers will use that to their advantage
Pros
Cons
Bad management. Unfair treatment to employees. Very unprofessional
Start - Up Company
Order Processor/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Carlisle, PANovember 26, 2017
Allen Distribution provides opportunity for most individuals looking for a job. Proper training and procedures need to be put in place for success. Constant training and follow ups should not be necessary for most employees.
Definitely not for the weak or weary.
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Carlisle, PAAugust 24, 2017
Fun fast paced work environment. Pay could've been better for amount of work performed. Decent equipment and trailers. Was allergic to uniform pants. All employees except office personnel had the wear uniforms.
Pros
Ok benefits, good work environment
Cons
Uniforms
Warehouse Associate
General Laborer (Former Employee) –  Carlisle, PAAugust 24, 2017
Great time working moving refrigerators, clean, safe, hard working environment. It has some pallets that needed restacked from beer and cans being thrown every where in the train cars.
Pros
Hard working
Cons
Not any
No benefits/ HR makes all the rules
Lanorer (Current Employee) –  Carlisle, PAJuly 25, 2017
Still employed at Allen. Worst benefits I have ever seen. Have round table to voice employees concerns or wants- what a joke. Think best thing would be to have a union negotiate for employees Maybe then HR wouldn't be making / changing the rules as they feel is needed.
Pros
Coworkers
Cons
Pay-vacation-sick days