Allen Industries, Inc Employee Reviews

Long day
Sanatation (Former Employee) –  Fort Smith, AROctober 9, 2019
Always wet. Lots of work. Hard work. Never enough ppl. To many bosses and really really dirtying. Good ppl just long day and doing other people work
JM Greensboro NC
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCJune 14, 2019
Management has no desire to retain employees and has no desire to resolve issues. Employees allowed to use very un professional language. No sense of loyalty from management to employee level. VERY HIGH turnover rate.
Hot and loud warehouse
Fabricator/Welder (Current Employee) –  Clearwater, FLSeptember 15, 2018
Fair working conditions, poor employee appreciation, benefits are lackluster, their idea of a raise is more overtime. Lower management does a good job, usually steady work and most often overtime available.
very good
Business Application Specialist (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCAugust 20, 2018
very good work environment, nice people, great location, management friendly,

Ok, this is enough of a review for this company. They are a good company to work for
From a PM's perspective
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCJuly 31, 2018
You can learn a lot and really have a great experience here. IF you can roll with the punches in a very fast, high pressure work world where the current systems put in place to handle this workload are inadequate. The company is undergoing growing pains and there's a lot of chaos there. But there are also a lot of great and talented people working there, and you'll be part of a large and dynamic team. You'll always be paid on time, you'll be part of big projects... the PM salary is on the low side for this industry, so I would see it as a good stepping stone gig for many people. Good luck!
Good co-workers - lackluster management
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCJuly 29, 2018
Company culture has taken a down turn in recent years.
Shifting away from promoting internally, hiring management from outside the company. These managers may have great management ability, but their lack of industry knowledge is a huge issue.
Good people with years of experience are passed over.
I think this company can be great, but company culture is very poor and ownership is so close mouthed about future plans most employees live with a box under their desk wondering when they'll be fired.
If ownership want to improve, ask the people doing the job, not "efficiency experts" who don't understand what Allen does.
Pros
Great co-workers and middle management
Cons
Ownership is disconnected . Very polarized / clickish work environment.
Management and training
Project Manager of Architectural Signage (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCJuly 3, 2018
Direct supervisor was a micro manager due to lack of her own abilities. Departments disconnected from each other. CYA mentality. Not setup for a team environment even though that's what they preach.
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  North CarolinaJune 24, 2018
Management was very helpful. Team worked very well together to accomplish our tasks. Overall the environment was good. The only problem was sometimes the water supply was low and it would take management awhile to bring more.
Good team we built
Production Manager (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLJune 17, 2018
It was a great job and after changing the culture and getting the team built, trained we started taking off and busting out work like crazy. Raised margins to 38% from 14% before I started and tripled the volume.
Pros
Nice group of workers, PM and team work
Cons
the Allens with thanking they own you and low ball you on goals
Productive fun place to work
Vinyl Installer (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 6, 2018
Great place to work . Small crew keeps coworkers always working on something . Great hours and benefits. Relaxed but productive work place . No complaints.
Pros
PTP . 401k . Full benefits
Great work environment
Estimator (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCJune 1, 2018
Great place to work. Relaxed work environment. Outstanding Management. The management team really took an interest in educating me in how to do my job. Wonderful coworkers!
Pros
Great work environment
Cons
Down time between bids
Poor Leadership
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NC 27410April 2, 2018
There is new leadership with this company and it is very poor. If you try to make improvements they will knock you down. Women do not advance the majority of the key positions are men. The salaries are higher for men.
Pros
Sr. PM's are helpful but so many have quit
Cons
Turn over is horrible
Loved the people, but personnel management was poor
Sales Resource Team Member (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCMarch 17, 2018
This business requires a minimum of 1 yr to learn. There was high turnover due to low pay with high stress. The general culture was that of a family-owned company, but the current generation of management did not seem to have clear direction. It is my understanding that the Customer Service department, of which I was a part, was closed because it wasn’t profitable. I don’t believe a company should expect the Customer Service department should be profitable, as it’s there more for customer retention.
Pros
The people I worked with were great!
Cons
Low pay and benefits, and not much direction.
good company
Lead Warehouse (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCDecember 27, 2017
Remarried and had to move, but I enjoyed working here. would work there again if I ever moved back. would tell anyone that loved working for a good company they would enjoy it.
favoritism
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZDecember 6, 2017
horrible management and coworkers always complaining and never actually working. lazy people get treated better than the hard workers. the more you work the more work they want to give
Struggle with Workload
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCSeptember 27, 2017
I have never felt pressured to stay late, however, workloads per person make it impossible not to have it carry over. I only wish there were better processes in place to oversee what is going on.
False statements from the managenent.
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLSeptember 1, 2017
After the 90-day-preriod, everything looks fine. When I asked for to receive the benefits the administrator tells me wait to December ( 2 years, 4 months since my 1st day). 1 day,I got called in told being laid off and promised to call back in. That statement was a joke. The deal was for those who ran out work will be first ones laid off. I had plenty work behind me. Probably, because I was single, never married, and has no children to support.
Pros
Raising expanding.
Cons
The management is too selfish and poor integraty.
Are you ready to play the blame game where no one is accoutable for anything?
PROJECT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLJune 15, 2017
Then join team chaos. There is truly no accountability between departments, or consistency at Allen.

I enjoyed working here until I received a new manager who gossiped about everyone, constantly harassed team members, trying to pit us against one another, was unable to coach anyone because she lacks people skills, Patience and leadership.. Her saving grace is that her boss works in NC so she reported to no one in the FL Div. and she is organized, so we'll call it organized chaos.

When I found out for the third time a male new hire/ counterpart was being compensated at a significantly higher salary (10,000+) same job title, not supported by experience or education as with the previous times, I quit. Shortly after I quit, 3 additional PM's quit within 2 months. Another PM quit in January siting similar reasons. Our department consisted of 12 PM's 5 have left on their own in a 5mo span. This is not a female friendly company.

Benefits are lacking -401k takes 6 years to be vested, which is unheard of these days.

Extremely inadequate health care coverage. Allen is self insured and when the ACA came out Allen Industries had to add benefits to meet government standards. They are horrible about paying claims, which affects your credit. (read the policy before you sign on) good health care coverage is valuable!

You will also be required to sign a non-compete.

This review is in regards to the FL Division.
Pros
I enjoyed many of my co-workers at Allen and the experience it gave me, I like the owner of this company despite the company policies He was great to me, I learned a lot working with him..
Cons
Poor middle managemen, t ***-Pay ***, Inadequate Health Insurance Policy -Self Insured-, Non Payment of claims.
Worst Place I Have Ever Worked
Manager (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCFebruary 15, 2017
Unreasonable work load & pay is low. The job was misrepresented, dishonesty rampant and subordinates are scapegoats, bullying & depressing atmosphere.
Pros
Can't think of any
Cons
Every aspect is negative
Good place to learn fabrication
Fabfricator (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 22, 2016
It is a good place for beginners to go and learn the fabrication and welding side of the business. As far as benefits, they have terrible insurance rates. Really no room for advancement.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Allen Industries, Inc. Our community is ready to answer.

Allen Industries, Inc Reviews by Location