Allergan Employee Reviews

Found 844 reviews matching the search See all 1,095 reviews
This was my longest home in pharmaceutical sales.
MEDICAL SALES REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  State College, PADecember 7, 2018
I was hired after a two year contract promoting Forest Laboratories products with Invenive Health Care. Training was lengthy but thorough. I began my career with this company and for the most part found this company to be transforming. They promote from within and are supportive of work life balance.
Bold stategic focused organization
Senior Manager, Training (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJDecember 6, 2018
Allergan is a fast paced global organization with a primary focus on it's strategic planning and mission. As a result, audacious initiatives and mergers has created a change readiness culture.
Pros
Change readiness, vision and mission
Cons
Culture instability, staff retention
Hard work was recognized
Senior Clinical Study Management Associate (Former Employee) –  Goleta, CADecember 5, 2018
Allergan made me believe that people who work hard actually get promoted and recognized. I had many good managers, and one really bad one during my 7 years there.
Pros
Promote from within
Ideas eventually implemented over time
Sales Support - Brilliant Bar Expert (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXDecember 4, 2018
For my Customer Service Representative role, we are on the phones at all times during the day. There were few opportunities for growth and a high turnover rate for this department.
Pros
Benefits, free food, employee rewards
Cons
Very short breaks and lunches, not much room for self improvement and career development
Excellent company to work for.
Principal, Compliance Operations (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CADecember 4, 2018
Experience with this company very highly regarded in the industry. Excellent leadership. Excellent growth opportunities. Note that my experience was prior to buyout.
Great Place to Work
Senior Sales Specialist (Current Employee) –  Madison, NJNovember 28, 2018
I can't say enough good things about this company. Highly recommend. Decent pay, Great benefits. Good culture. Respect employees. Incentives for going above and beyond.
Great company to work for
ACCOUNT SPECIALIST INSTITUTIONAL SALES (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXNovember 27, 2018
Allergan offers many specialty areas to work for including Hospital focused on antibiotics. I really enjoyed my time here and regret moving on due to their desire to not sell in the hospital space.
Great Company! People! and Products! Allergan is my biggest Pride.
Former Supervisor and Buyer Planner (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXNovember 17, 2018
Great Company! People, and Products, Allergan is my biggest Pride. Only down side was Culture is needing just a hair of adjustment. Overall great clean environment. Not many Cons to say. Great Company!!!
Pros
Great Company! People! Values! and Products! Allergan is my biggest Pride.
Cons
Culture needs just a hair of adjustment. Great Company!!!
Great Benefits
Shared Services Operational Reporting Analyst (Current Employee) –  Sunrise, FLNovember 16, 2018
Allergan is a fantastic company to work for, with equally fantastic benefits.

My only complaint here is that my advancement opportunities were limited because of geographical location
poor management
Aseptic Processing Equipment Engineer (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXNovember 13, 2018
Worst unorganized facility I ever worked in. Management spends too much time meeting and debating about doing work instead of actually working. Its like working for the government everything is politics.
Good people pushed out by upper management
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CANovember 5, 2018
Legacy Allergan was a fantastic place to work Ever since the merger with Actavis it has really changed. Ultimately most of upper management is legacy Forest and they have subsequently weeded out most legacy Allergan employees.
Benefits
Cons
upper management
this company is productive and growing everyday.
Manufacturing Operator (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXOctober 29, 2018
Everyday starts with a meeting so we will be well enlightened on the predictions for the day. Recognize any over and beyond employees, and discuss any problems that needs to be addressed. Staying FOCUS is a vital role in this company.
Pros
very clean atmosphere
Cons
small break room
Very stessfull
Fill Technician II (Current Employee) –  Waco, TXOctober 27, 2018
Very stressful and frustrating place to work.
Too Manny bosses, yet people not accountable. Very frustrating the lack of leadership. Hard to get promotions, a lot of favoritism.
business owner culture
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  IndianaOctober 16, 2018
fun place to work when everyone is on the same page and is ok being held accountable. It is fast paced and mediocrity doesn't survive. Solid pipeline and definitely a pay for performance compensation.
Pros
growing skill sets and push to get better
Cons
lack of understanding at times
It was great to work Allergan management for short time
Research Fellow (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLOctober 13, 2018
Worked with same technology in same site with short period of time with Allergan.
I have extensively worked with solid dosage forms including multi-particulate tablets/capsules, bi-layer/tri-layer tablets, ODT/sublingual tablets
productive and fun workplace with ping pong table
Formulation Development Technician II (Former Employee) –  Elizabeth, NJOctober 10, 2018
Good working with this company and also good people with working,
also good management with work with him, most enjoyable job in my life working with this company.
Productive and Fun place to work for!
Executive Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Jersey City, NJOctober 3, 2018
Maintain calendars, schedule travel, register Mangers for Congress/Conventions, Book Hotel, Schedule ground transportation, Expense Reports, Schedule Skype Meetings, Streamline Contracts.
Pros
Free Gym, Free Coffee
Cons
401K, Healthcare, Vision Care, Dental Care
Treasury
Quantum Treasury Management System (Current Employee) –  Madison, NJSeptember 30, 2018
Allergan is a dynamic Company where employees are valued and everyone is treated as an owner of the business.Employees are happy, there are excellent benefits and activities for the employees.
Good entry level medical sales organization
Salesperson (Former Employee) –  San Francisco Bay Area, CASeptember 25, 2018
This feedback is strictly related to Allergan roles in selling commercial pharmaceutical products. Allergan has a good pipeline of medications. The organization has changed significantly due to acquisitions. The immediate divisional and regional management dictates the working/feedback environment. The company has shifted significantly toward hiring very young people averaging 1-2 years of sales experience. The initial pay is very low relative to the industry, and raises are minimal.
Pros
Decent exposure to selling to doctors
Cons
Very inexperienced management
INteract with Management
Technical Service Manager - Client Architecture (Former Employee) –  Morristown, NJSeptember 18, 2018
Global interface and work place
Team work across divisions and groups
Technical implementations of products
Rollo-out of technology
Management updates and staff project planning

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Allergan. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.8InHerSight Score

2.4Personal Development

3.0Career Opportunities

3.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight