Allergan Employee Reviews

Found 868 reviews matching the search See all 1,124 reviews
productive
Pharmaceutical Manufacturing Technician (Former Employee) –  Sunrise, FLMarch 16, 2019
Great company to work for. Good management team. Great benefit packages. Offers job stability and security. Very fun environment. The HR department care about the people.
No thank you
Specialty Representative (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MichiganMarch 16, 2019
No thank you at this time. I typically do not comment on social media platforms. If anyone needs to know, just look me up on linkedin and identify yourself.
Great People!
Sr. Consultant, Client Services (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAMarch 15, 2019
The Work/Life culture was great. The people I worked with were like family. I only wish I was able to extend my contract further with this client. We had fun at work, and I miss that!
Pros
People
Production Technician (Current Employee) –  Waco, TXMarch 13, 2019
Very Satisfying job, great atmosphere. work 12 hours 3 breaks, great benefits. Good part of the job is working with others and having a sense of accomplishing something at the end of the day.
Pros
Great benefits, people, and atmosphere
Cons
Constant changes
Loved Working with Allergan
Security Compliance Analyst (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAMarch 2, 2019
Loved working with Allergan. As the company continues to grow, so does their appreciation for the employees that make it all happen. It's been exciting to be a part or what makes Allergan bold.
Packaging Operator (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHFebruary 28, 2019
Allergan was a great company to work for people and fun to also I would tell anyone who’s willing to work hard go for it and good benefits it’s a great for older or younger doesn’t matter you will fell good after you worked for them.
Pros
Health benefits
Cons
Hours
Great place to learn and grow
Regional Director (Current Employee) –  RemoteFebruary 18, 2019
In my time at Allergan I've consistently been put in position to learn and grow. I've worked in many different spaces and always enjoyed excellent compensation along with mentors, leaders and peers that I value and have been impressed by. I hold both the company and the management in very high regard.
Overall a good place to work
Analyst III (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAFebruary 14, 2019
It's a good place, as long as your not interested in career advancement. They tend to hire from outside rather than promoting from within. Corporate office has a great cafeteria and gym.
Pros
Cafeteria and gym
Cons
No advancement
Its ok
Compounding line support tech. ii (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXFebruary 13, 2019
Theres is sabatoge In the departments. The upper leadership tell you one and do something different and hold grudges. The team leads hire family and friends and advance them before others.Its more about numbers than quality my team lead was a family to the following shift only different last names it was more about setting them up for a good a shift but when something is done wrong nothing is addressed just covered up because they are family.
Pros
Has georges reasturant but only for day shift workers
Cons
Favortism no recognition outside the department
Big company
Software Test Specialist (Current Employee) –  Pleasanton, CAFebruary 12, 2019
A big company issue is difficult to get the resources or tools to make tasks easier.
Having a directive brought down from management that once completed is required to be performed several times due to information that was lost.
Pros
Pay check
No respect for Contractors
Technician I (Former Employee) –  Branchburg, NJFebruary 12, 2019
The pay is good but not enough for the work load. Tons of physical work that is usually pushed onto the temps. They have no respect for temps and don’t promote hard work. The management are unqualified people who only got the role because they’ve been there for years. As a temp you can’t make a complaint to management or they will hold a grudge against you. As a temp you have no voice. If youre African American, be aware! It will be hard for you to get promoted. They will take you as a threat because you “look different”.
Pros
Free lunch sometimes
Cons
No recognition for hard work. Management is horrible. Plays favorites
Burnt out, over worked, under paid & micromanaged
Accounts Receivable Administrator (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXFebruary 11, 2019
Constantly putting out fires and correcting errors that could have been avoided if better training was provided. The departments are all understaffed and we are each doing a job for 2+ people. No time in the day to do or excel at the most important part of a collector's job. Expectations are unrealistic. Management penalizes you for clocking in 1 minute late. If they paid more or made their employees feel appreciated I would overlook some of these things. Thankless job.
Pros
Product discounts
Cons
Micromanagement, 30 minute lunch break
Contract for Company upgrade of computer equipment.
Desktop Technical Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAFebruary 5, 2019
Contracted 8 hours days, some overtime after hours
Fast paced assigned schedules for upgrades.
Scheduling with end user, imaging new equipment, transferring exciting data from old equipment to new. Verifying new equipment working properly with end user after installed.
Pros
Great Team Work
Cons
Sometimes evening after hours work.
Forest Laboratories
Project Coordinator, CMC (Former Employee) –  Commack, NYFebruary 3, 2019
This review is for Forest Laboratories and not for Allergan. Forest Labs had issues with the directions the senior leadership wanted to take the company which ultimately resulted in the acquisition. The people who worked in the office were great.
Nice place to work
Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  westportFebruary 1, 2019
A nice place to work with very professional colleagues who are ready to help in work and otherwise. Very useful training on the systems the company uses, but a strong job culture as well.
Pros
Free trainings
Cons
Micromanagement
Allergan is a good company to work for that is going through a tough time.
Women's Health Account Specialist (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJanuary 28, 2019
Allergan has been going through a lot of turmoil since I've been on board. Divisions are being closed, employees are being cut, no new drugs in pipeline to create job security.
Productive and good place
Export Associate (Former Employee) –  Lewisville, TXJanuary 27, 2019
Productive and good place good teamand gained a lot more experience
Good working experience
Standard and compliant
Effecient
Multitasking
Coordination
Allergan is just OK
Quality Assurance Specialist (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXJanuary 15, 2019
I worked in the Waco, TX facility.
Good help is hard to find (and keep) because there's not much excitement in Waco except for Baylor activities but as far as the company, it is just OK.
There are lots of politics and so if you are in the "chosen ones" crowd go will go far-fast.
If you are not, then good luck they will keep you in the same roll until you get tired and quit or get replaced.
The benefits are pretty decent and you will learn a lot. because I think that everyone employed there as a FTE works hard and is knowledgeable. Usually it is very busy from the time you clock in until the time you leave. Sometimes Managers talk down to people.
I worked in the lab for a couple of years and noticed people come and get accepted into grad. school and quit. Then the Supervisor has to start over and train someone new. A lot of resources wasted on training. Retention rate is low for the labs.
Other than that, benefits are good but no work-life balance for Exempt employees. you are supposed to be flexible and work any hours asked.
Pros
benefits are good and 401K matching
Cons
No work-life balance, low retention, politics
Was a great company to work for.
Cash Application/AR Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAJanuary 1, 2019
We have a tennis court, basket ball court, baseball diamond, gym and a par course all on campus. Including a large cafeteria on campus.
The hardest part of the job was when we were laid off and our jobs were moved to Texas.
it is different
PRODUCTION TECHNICIAN (Current Employee) –  Waco, TXDecember 27, 2018
working at allergan was great in the beginning. now there are too many changes rolling out at one time, creating mayhem throughout the packaging department. most of the time the upper management strives for numbers rather than quality.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Allergan. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP35%
In the Top 35% of similar size companies

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Allergan.

Powered by Comparably