Alliance Building Services Employee Reviews

Great company to work for
Janitorial (Current Employee) –  Bellevue, WAJuly 12, 2018
Management perfect love it best insurance in the state benefits or outstanding work for them and you will find out the work not hard cleaning buildings typically day go to work do your job it's fast fun vacuuming,sweeping,moping and also dumping trash,wipong down tables,cleaning kitchens
Overwork and underpaid
Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 4, 2018
Cons: They put very high expectations for little pay with unrealistic deadlines, with little to no guidance. They contradict what they say and management is very poor. They want to have the perks of management but do not want to put in the hard work. Instead they throw their work on their employees on top of what their employees must do. They speak down to employees and make very inappropriate jokes and seen them insult others intelligent in front of employees.

Pros: My coworkers were great to work with and team work was great. We received 6 summer Fridays and you could pick your own work timing. It would be a way better work environment if they trained management or hired better management.
Pros
Free lunches on holidays and six summer Fridays are given.
Cons
over worked and underpaid - very bad management
The most unpleasant place I've ever worked.
Payroll/Operations Coordinator (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 12, 2018
My first day was very uneventful, everyone in the office was incredibly rude, they are not welcoming at all. Nobody gives the new person a chance or tries to get to know them. My team knew I was coming for two weeks, on my first day, I didn't have a desk, a computer. I had to sign on and off and share a computer with someone else while I was training, they didn't get approval to order my computer until I was 3 days in. And that was on rush. The team I worked with was the operations department. What kind of operation was that?
Decent management overall.
NIGHT JANITOR (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WAMay 18, 2018
Alliance Building Services can be a great employer. The Human Resource lady may come out tough, but it’s because she has to be, underneath that is a compassionate woman. They offer great job stability, but sometimes forget to treat their employees fair. What might be a good situation for you, might not be for someone else.
If you dont know someone you wont get hired and get into union
Maintenance Worker (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 22, 2018
If you don't know someone you wont get hired full time meaning you will not get into the union. Besides that the work was not so hard or demanding its a good place to work while looking for something better
Hope you like Coffee and Bagels
HR Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 21, 2018
Hope you like coffee and bagels! Well, because that will be about where the perks end. High end well established Building Services firm. They have a great benefits package and a low base salary. Which they will make you work very hard for. So get prepared for a 60 hour work week and a strong male presence in management. Also do your best to stay away from their Operations and HR Departments which unfortunately have seen the most turn over.
Pros
Excellent Expresso Fancy Office Space
Cons
No stability top level execs do the least
Always busy definetly have to multi-task
ADMINISTRATIVE HUMAN RESOURCES-TEMP WORKER (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 10, 2018
Working for this company was always great. Friendly co-workers very helpful to one another. Working the front end desk dealt with answering calls, transferring calls, etc.. I learned to multitask in different areas. I also worked for there cleaning company for cooperate buildings which was also good and fun working for them.
Pros
The managers always reconize your work and friendly enviroment.
Cons
When I was working there was no union
Janitorial So bottom of the work latter
Foreman (Former Employee) –  SearrleFebruary 6, 2018
Hit or miss depending on what manger you had

HR is very BAD. Even hr manager on her facebook account states dhe is the HR B*TCH And she aint lying

Pay was alright. Workload a little high. Employee satifaction low priority. Office would cuss at tou when calling them.
Pros
Pay it is a job
Cons
No help given when teamates called off, told to suck it up “ it builds character”
Overqualified and underpaid
Fire safety director/ security guard/ concierge (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 12, 2018
This job required several of my certifications fire safety director certification active shooter certification and my security license. I was told that I would be filling a position of a fire safety director which is what I was looking for. Then I was asked for my security license just to put it on file they pulled the bait-and-switch on me and had me doing security and 0 fire safety. In my opinion this company is good for someone that's just starting out in the security field or the fire safety field. I left this company because I was not getting paid enough and the health benefits were not worth it. And I was misled during the hiring process. I feel that if they want your certification of fire safety that comes with a certain salary range and your security certification comes with a separate salary range.
Pros
The buildings that they put you in or very nice buildings.
Cons
The benefits are horrible
Just a place to get your feet wet
Fire and Life Safety Director (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 9, 2018
Working with Alliance is only good for somebody who needs to get started in the security industry. They offer low pay and want the world from you! That’s way they are always looking for workers.
Pros
It’s a start
Cons
The whole company
Calm paced but busy job
Porter/Maintenance (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 31, 2017
It was a great experience working for that company although I was a temporary worker it was great learning different positions and being able to work in a big building
Pros
Hour breaks
Cons
Waiting for open permanent positions is a long wait
productive
Porter- Vacation (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 27, 2017
a typical day is good i learned team,work and how to be fast and efficient. management is helpful. the work culture is old fashion. the most enjoyable part of the job is getting a check.
Operations
associate (Current Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 16, 2017
Fast paced, work independently, must be a quick learner and adhere to deadlines. Team orientated environment. Hardest part is creating a work/life balance.
Review
Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 7, 2017
Unchallenging, and uninspiring place to work, as a manager for stadiums. Plenty of time off. The culture leaves something to be desired. Little sense for teamwork.
Phony!!! The management team are bunch of fake phony people!!!
Human Resources (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 14, 2017
They did the Bait and Switch on me when I was hired. Told me I was hired to do a certain job and had me do something completely different once I started. I don't recommend working for this company at all. Too much micromanaging and pettiness.

Don't do it to yourself!! Find a better work environment!!
Pros
Free Bagel Fridays
Cons
Everything else about the company...
It’s a safe environment and good people to be around
Internship (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 1, 2017
The work place is safe and good to be around . I learned a lot from that before business. For an example, come early to work and good things can happen to you. A typical day of work is good environment
Fun work place
First Quality Maintanece (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 28, 2017
I really enjoyed working there the days that I did I wish I can get this job back this job showed me some much different things and buildings cleaning commercial buildings is what I love to do
Pros
Na
Cons
Na
Graveyard Shifts
Janitorial (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAAugust 15, 2017
When I started, it seemed like an awesome job. The offices that I cleaned were awesome the people that worked there were awesome and friendly. After a while there isn't anybody working in the building so you are basically alone. Which sometimes sucks but some people like that. You can't be on your phone or have headphones so you are just left to listen to silence which may drive people crazy sometimes. It's an okay job but you have to prepare yourself for this
Pros
Amazing insurance
Cons
Long nights. No phone No social life
Great work environment and team!
Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJune 26, 2017
I recently became employed at Alliance Building Services and every day has been great! The environment is productive and keeps me motivated to perform my responsibilities. Every employee I have met has been friendly and welcoming. All have gone out of their way to assist me any way they can.

I would highly recommend working here!
Pros
Friendly productive work environment.
Cons
No Tuition Reimbursement
enjoyed every day working w/alliance
Temporary Employee (Former Employee) –  318 w. 39th st, new york, ny 10018June 20, 2017
enjoyed every day working w/alliance building svcs; management/staff were a pleasure to work with and it gave me the experience and opportunity to meet new people.