Alliance Community Hospital Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Not a great place to work for
Nurse (Current Employee) –  OhioJune 18, 2018
So many people talk about you behind your back. Not only that but the staff talks very poorly about their patients, in every department (not all staff but there are quite a few who do). I've heard stories of the things people have said about their patients and I myself have heard some things as well. This place is a complete mess. When you report staff for the things they have said and done that should have gotten them fired, nothing gets done about it! They still get to keep their jobs! Hopefully aultman makes major changes. The staff are lazy as can be as well! Nurses on their phones all the time, housekeepers standing around stuffing their faces with food and talking, doctors on their phones or playing YouTube videos in the Emergency Room....the alarming amount of bad talking about their patients (nurses, stnas and doctors). They need to get rid of a lot of people but they do nothing! This is supposed to be a planetree hospital!! They do NOT uphold the planetree philosophy whatsoever!!There are some amazing staff members but most are horrible people and lazy slobs.
Pros
Some nice people, pay is good, food is good
Cons
Most staff is horrible, nothing gets done about disrespectful staff, no one cares.
nice place to work
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Alliance, OHJune 12, 2018
work hours not great 8 P to 4 a poor management most enjoyable meeting and working with people themanagemrnt needs improvement , I would still work there if things would change
Cons
poor management
Great group of people to work with!!!
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Alliance, OHApril 29, 2018
Unable to advance in my position, but a good overall place to work. Rural area but not far from major cities. The cafeteria has a great salad bar and the staff is awesome!!!
Pros
great cafeteria
Cons
no room for advancement
Nice People and Place to Work. Little to No Advancement. Part Time is Nearly Full-time
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Alliance, OHMarch 19, 2018
Altogether a nice place to work, but pay is moderately low, and part-time is very near full-time, which did not work for me. Mandatory Weekends (1/3 - 1/2.) Some people are very disrespectful to housekeepers, but contact with other departments is minimal.
Great place to work.
Emergency Department RN (Current Employee) –  Alliance, OHMarch 11, 2018
Staff and management are friendly and work together. Relaxed atmosphere. Nothing happens quickly here, this can be a pro and con. Pays well, PTO and EO days are generous.
Pros
PTO/EO days are earned quickly
Cons
Progress can be slow at times.
management
Registered Respiratory Therapist (Current Employee) –  CardiopulmonaryFebruary 1, 2018
Favoritism. The manager needs to treat all employees the same. Protocols need to be put in place to cover all aspects of respiratory care. Evidence based medicine needs to be acknowledged and initiated.
cleaning department
Environmental Services (Former Employee) –  Alliance, OHJanuary 26, 2018
cleaning at the the hospital was a great experience i got to learn all the equipment and work various hours. it's great pay and benefits. the cons is the person running the afternoons is very angry and hostile so you need tuff skin in order to work there because they like to do a lot of knit picking and nagging and of course have favorites that get what they want. hope fully it'll get better when aultman takes over
Pros
pay, benefits, variable shifts to accommodate, breaks
Cons
ran by poor angry managment
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Alliance, OHJanuary 15, 2018
I would work there again. Pretty fast past. The days went quickly. I lived about 45 minutes away but it was worth the money and drive. Pretty well organized and lots of overtime.
A very friendly place to work. Everyone works together for the best outcome
Nursing Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Alliance, OHOctober 8, 2017
ACH is a great place to work. But like anyplace it has some good and some not so good things. But if you focus on making things better for everyone and avoid negativity it it a great place
Pros
Friendly people, smaller facility
Great culture and a wonderful management team
Associate Vice President of Support Services (Former Employee) –  Alliance, OHSeptember 24, 2017
Worked hard but had a great group of co-workers. It is a tense culture but there is an appreciation for the hard working team members. The hardest part of the job was seeing my co-workers leave for other positions.
Pros
Excellent co-workers
Cons
Change to a new Culture
a typical day at work
LPN Hospice Nurse (Current Employee) –  Alliance, OHSeptember 4, 2017
Arrive at the office, read charts call pt's with visit time, get supplies if needed, drive to see pt, Take vitals. head to toe assessment, chart finding and adjust anything needed adjusted, Call Dr to get new orders to report finding, Spend at much times as need. Repeat, then back to office to finish up charting.
Pros
Love my Job
Cons
Not enough hours
Hospital
Internship/Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Alliance, OHAugust 17, 2017
Made rounds from visiting in-patients, out-patients, emergency room area, pregnancy floor, and nursing home center. One-on-one counseling and daily visits to give people comfort when family was not visiting.
Pros
up the 6 dollars in the cafe if worked more than 3 hours
Cons
only could work at night and not much activity happens then
Community & Family Feel
Financial Analyst, Cost Report Specialist (Current Employee) –  Alliance, OHAugust 6, 2017
Alliance Community Hospital's work environment is like working with friends and family. Everyone gets along and works really well together. The hospital goes above & beyond to provide a great work-life balance.
Pros
Great communication with staff
Cons
high cost healthcare
Productive fun place to work
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Alliance, OHMay 6, 2017
Loved working at the hospital ! Everyone was super friendly and outgoing ! Very understanding people ! Only thing I say needs improved is the pay to some departments that are under paid
Pros
Plenty of breaks not stressful
Staff at ACH are caring and compassionate
Charge Nurse, Inpatient Acute Rehabilitation Unit (Current Employee) –  Alliance, OHApril 11, 2017
By prioritizing, being organized, using good time management, and being confident in your nursing skills, this will help you and your patients have a good day. You will then be able to incorporate patient teaching and good patient care into your time with them.
Pros
wonderful staff
Cons
Family conflicts occur that are hard for an ill patient to deal with
Great workplace with room for advancement
Executive Assistant Quality Services (Former Employee) –  Alliance, OHFebruary 28, 2017
The atmosphere at Alliance Community Hospital was amazing. I could not have asked for a better office to work with. Everyone was very willing to help. I learned to believe in myself and trust in others.
Great place to work for
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Alliance, OHFebruary 23, 2017
I love my job and the people I work with. Some people in other departments could be more respectful towards us and not look at us like we are dirty people. But I guess you'll get that when working in housekeeping. Overall, it's a great place to work for. Good benefits and employee discounts. The people I work with are amazing.
Good Work Environment
Diagnostic Medical Sonographer (Current Employee) –  Alliance, OHJanuary 18, 2017
Great, small, friendly work place. The hospital pay is similar to other hospitals in the Akron/ Cleveland area. The building is new and clean. The workers are friendly!
clincal tech
Clinical Technician (Former Employee) –  Alliance, OHNovember 4, 2016
Working with doctors on patients care. Entering orders into data base that have been giving by doctor. Faxing, copying, answering phones. Taking vitals from patients and also patients care
Pros
they care we give
Cons
losing patients
I loved this job and had a great crew of people to work with
Dietary Aid (Former Employee) –  Alliance, OHSeptember 24, 2016
Everyday was different. It was great to be able to meet the patients and help them through proper nutrition. Enjoyed the necessary fast paste
Pros
Everyday was different
Cons
Worked every holiday