Alliance Data Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
it’s fun yet stressful
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  rio rancho new mexicoAugust 16, 2018
everyone there is very welcoming. it’s a fun place to work at but can become very stressful. most of the time manager are willing to work with you but once you reach a certain amount of points and you go through family things they stop caring
Loved working here
CSR - Full Time (Former Employee) –  Scottsbluff, NEAugust 13, 2018
worked 15-17 hr days learned how to set gas orders for move in and move out, setting meters, and helping customers with their BI. Management was helpful. Hardest part of the job was talking to irate customers if their gas was turned off for nonpayment. The most enjoyable part is when the gas gets turned on for those customer because of the arrangements i was able to get them and being recognize for excellent customer service.
Disappointing Experience
Telephone Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Westminster, COAugust 12, 2018
I was written up for compliance issues and would ask for refresher training for new procedures and updates and would not receive the training. Policies were constantly changing causing more write ups on employees. Lack of support from upper management on what we had to deal with on a daily basis (irate customers for example).
Pros
Benefits, pay, vacation time
Cons
Lack of support and training when requested
It was fun
SFDC Developer (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXAugust 7, 2018
It was wonderful experience working with the team here i gained a lot of knowledge on lighting and the team was very aggressive they use to finish the task with in the time.
Great people
Customer Care Associate (Former Employee) –  Westerville, OHAugust 6, 2018
People was great to work with and for. Gave prizes for good results. Would have stayed longer if they were more flixable with working around my kids sporting schedules. Good place to work.
Pros
Great enviroment
Cons
Not flexiable when you need to change shifts for family events like sports schedules
Customer service
Resolution Specialist (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHAugust 5, 2018
Managed incoming customer credit card inquiries
Organized monthly team and department projects
Implemented monthly career growth support groups employees. Very nice place to work.
Pros
Nice cafe
Cons
Annoying calls
Excellant place to work
Senior Executive Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHAugust 1, 2018
None, I have given you information with the star review. Alliance Data is an excellent company and the culture fosters an environment for growth and development
Pros
Lots
Cons
Few
Very cliquish culture
ACCOUNT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJuly 30, 2018
The company did good work, however, some departments were very cliquish and unwelcoming of newcomers. The environment setup was not very welcoming and was competitive in ways that worked against most mid-level management personnel.
Pros
Professional development
Cons
Overall culture
Good and Bad
Customer Care Associate (Former Employee) –  Rio Rancho, NMJuly 28, 2018
In my person on the beginning I had a bad supervisor she always was behind me, she stress me all the time, she was very rude I did not like her, I asked to change my schedule and my new supervisor was so polite he explained very well everything, how you get rate for the customers etc.
some of the coworkers never help you, if you need help go to the people who has more years working there.
Pros
they have a nice cafeteria.
Cons
Short brakes, bad insurance you paid most of your medical bills.
Very fun but slow
Office House Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Coeur d'Alene, IDJuly 26, 2018
I worked as a janitor so it was not a call Representative. but i did enjoy my job i worked with a group of deaf people and had a lot of fun and learned alot of ASL
Fun place to work
Leader (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJuly 26, 2018
Management is not fair, they have the people they like and ones they don't. I really enjoy working collections and having a work life balance. There is also a opportunity for advancement within the company.
Good company
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Westminster, COJuly 24, 2018
Everyday was a good day at alliance everyone was basically family it was all positive vibes and we all worked together! Going to work was easy for me .
Always playing games of knowledge to win free lunch items or office items etc.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMJuly 22, 2018
The traning is a three week teaching of policy and procedures about all of the companies they assist on the customer service level. The trainers made learning fun and exciting. By acting out senorios with fun material to better understand your job and also get to know that particular customer. Helpful tools to develop proper skills is the key to excellent customer service.
Pros
Free lunches and win great prizes
Cons
Not enough people had to down size
Amazing!
Collection (Current Employee) –  Draper, UTJuly 20, 2018
This company is amazing. They actually care for their employees. If you're looking to do collections, this company pays the most in Utah. They actually have programs and things to HELP you get a raise! I've had many jobs and this is the only place that gets 5 stars!
Review summary
Senior Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Merriam, KSJuly 16, 2018
Your review
They’re great to work for
Competitive salary
Flexible hours
Great paI don’t time off
Easy scheduling preferences are met with ease. Live it and hate to leave them
Good
People Center Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHJuly 16, 2018
Alliance Data is a good place to work, especially for the GenXers. Lots of advancement and they seem to be more in tune to that generation.

Overall it is a good place to work just not for me going forward.
Pros
Work life blance
Cons
equal salary
Weird Place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJuly 16, 2018
I went into the position with high expectations only to find that they want you to lie to customers to get good surveys. It doesn't matter if you perform your duties, if a customer does not like the response you have to give them (due to protocol) and you get a bad survey, you are penalized.
Pros
Pay was decent.
Cons
Everything else.
Payment Solutions, CS5 (Current Employee) –  Draper, UTJuly 16, 2018
We have a completely new building here in Draper UT that just barely opened last month, and it is awsome! Since this company is new to UT there is going to be a lot of potential for advancement, and many growth oppertunities. The benefits are good, the pay is decent, the trainers are informative, and management is knoledgable. The culture is competitive, but fun and exciting at the same time. Overall I would definately recommend working here.
Pros
We get to set our own schedules in my department
Cons
The building isn't completely finished sinse it is so new.
Great place ONLY under experienced supervisors.
Customer Dispute Representative (Former Employee) –  Whitehall, OHJuly 15, 2018
I experienced limited training to exceed in a new department which consisted of only 3 days other than shadowing co-workers that were not always there
Pros
Pay, Benefits
Cons
Horrible inexperienced supervisors. Very unstable and unorganized.
Typical call center
Customer Care Representative (Current Employee) –  Westminster, COJuly 14, 2018
They entrust you to be responsible for people's feelings but dont equip you with the resources to actually fix a problem. Absurd culture that they brag about.
Pros
Air conditioning
Cons
Micromanaging