Alliance Data Employee Reviews

Great Place to Work
Account Protection Associate (Former Employee) –  Coeur d'Alene, ID 83815October 16, 2018
- Great Training
- They do not micromanage for the most part
a few supervisors do :(
- Great Pay
- Fun Place to work
- Supervisors appreciate their employees
Pros
On-Site Gym
Not even close to a best place to work...
HRBP (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHOctober 14, 2018
This place is a mess. Upper management are bailing. No respect. Lots of throwing each other under the bus. Very catty. Management is a joke. Overall poor culture and morale.
Cons
Fun environment and work at home options.
Collections Specialist (Former Employee) –  Westminster, COOctober 13, 2018
Alliance Data is great place to work and grow with the company. Great benefits are provided including bonus for christmas. Had company meeting with the CEO out of office. Most of all giving you the option to work at home.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
To many changes.
Very engaging and insightful place to work.
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHOctober 12, 2018
Alliance Data cares very much for their employees and does much to engage everyone in many different ways.

"Customer is not first priority, taking care of your employees are. They will take care of the customer"
Feels like family
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHOctober 11, 2018
Loved the people, most of management was ok. It’s hard to get good hours and the actual job is repetitive and stressful. Customers are allowed to say absolutely anything to you and they want you to just take it even if it’s verbally abusive
I loved it there
Career Coach (Former Employee) –  Milford, OHOctober 10, 2018
If you can put up with some pretty hefty awful bad times, they will reward you greatly when the good times come back around.
And they always come back around
Great Place
Safety Officer (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHOctober 10, 2018
Great place with opportunities for advancement. Management demands accountability and hard work. Would definitely recommend it to any one looking for a career.
Very plastic and phoney leadership - yet they find a way to be profitable
Manager (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXOctober 10, 2018
If you are a young and naïve person who likes command and control leaders who want you to fear them, then this is a great place to work. Truly pays well, but not a very inclusive culture.
Pros
Compensation and bonuses
Cons
Poor leaders who lead by fear
Very fun work place
Accounts Payable-Records/Human Resorces (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSOctober 9, 2018
I definitely love their training materials and community support. They also found several ways to keep you their and not leave for lunch breaks and etc
growing and changing
Associate Campaign Manager- Marketing Management (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHOctober 8, 2018
workplace culture- have fun / work hard
management: favoritism
hardest part: relying on memory instead of sufficient documentation
********************
Great company / bad management
COLLECTIONS SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Milford, OHOctober 6, 2018
Great company with great benefits and store discounts. Terrible management and opportunity for advancement. Not the best bonus structure and no way to track your money collected.
benefits
Cons
management
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Milford, OHOctober 6, 2018
Great place to work with great incentives, bonuses, and other motivational tools. Good training with team captains that mentor you as well as helpful co-workers!
Pros
flexible schedules
Cons
the background noise can be annoying
Fast paced, high pressue environment
Lead Programmer Analyst (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHOctober 6, 2018
With the accelerated growth that the company has been experiencing, the environment has become a high pressure work environment with short deadlines and higher expectations for defect free alpha code (before any qa testing is even peformed).
However, the core people that you interact with on a daily basis are great people with exceptional knowledge of the systems and the business and are always willing to lend a helping hand when needed.
Truly some of the best people I have had the privilege of working with over my entire career.
Productive fun place to work
Customer Care Specialist (Former Employee) –  Westerville, OHOctober 5, 2018
Alliance Data was a great company to work for. I learned a lot from the company in terms of Global customer service and finances. They offered competitive compensation packages and nice discounts.
Very Friendly environment
Collector (Current Employee) –  Coeur d'Alene, IDOctober 1, 2018
Everybody worked together and helping one another, always lifting you up always making sure we are up to date on the latest computer skills. Changing constantly and fast pace.
Stressful
Customer Care Advocate (Current Employee) –  Rio Rancho, NM 87144October 1, 2018
The company is taking calls for Commenity Bank which handles over 170 different clients (Brands). The way business is conducted to our customers is horrifying. I will never apply for a card if I know that Commentiy Bank is behind it. They close customers accounts with no reasons. They lower the customers credit limit with no warning. Commenity bank refuses to give their customers their account number so they can create a Online account and/or make payments through the IVR. Since the customer does not have their account #. They are charged $9 to make a payment with us (live representative). They changed their attendance policy, so unless your time has been approved you earn a point. 6 points are you are fired. So don't plan on being sick next week unless you can have it approved first. Doctors notices mean nothing here!
Pros
VTO and Pay
Cons
Attendance, stressful calls
If you can handle the stress, you'll do well.
Customer Care Associate (Former Employee) –  Lenexa, KSSeptember 28, 2018
You take phone calls all day in a cubicle about people's credit cards. They often don't know much about credit, and can be very hostile and rude and aggressive. The culture and company are good and they try to make everything else good as the work itself is less than stellar, but I couldn't handle the stress and anxiety involved in working there. If you can compartmentalize well and not get stressed easily from people coming at you in an aggressive and hostile way, you'll do well, but it wasn't the job for me. There's also a lot of tracking of your work and how your 'metrics' stack up to other people, it can be stressful in that way too.
Pros
Consistent schedule, good pay
Cons
Stress, metrics and standings
Productive Work Place had team events
Call Center Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Kennesaw, GASeptember 26, 2018
Supervised 15 customer service representatives daily.
Provided quality customer service and collection complaints to the Public Service Commission.
Monitored calls through re-mote and floor monitoring
Calibration with peers and management team.
Pros
team spirit and team events. Salary.
Cons
Distance.
Productively stressful
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Westerville, OHSeptember 26, 2018
I’ve been here for going on three years and I’m still in the same position. It isn’t for lack of trying it’s just next to impossible to grow with this company. When I first started at alliance the culture was totally different but now that we have a complete different set of sups and directors than before which has played a major factor into the change. Almost everyone is on leave because how extremely stressful that the job is. You can barely go to rest room without someone jumping down your throat. There is a sale,fundraiser, donation campaign and giving event every five seconds where they try to guilt you to give money that you are there to earn. I don’t have it to give bruh. If I didn’t I would be in this building. Stress
Pros
Tre in the café make good sandwiches
Cons
Micromanage, nobody works there lowkey, building is empty and we stay back to back
Stay away!!
Customer Service Representative (Call Center) (Former Employee) –  Whitehall, OHSeptember 25, 2018
This call center is notorious for high turnover on employees and having worked there, I saw why. I was offered a mandatory evening shift and was told I could request a shift change in less than a year. Never happened. The management micromanaged and nitpick about everything they could use against you. There’s no work/ life balance so if you get the evening shift expect to work every Saturday except maybe one off a month.