Alliance Data Employee Reviews

Best call center job
Customer Service Advocate (Former Employee) –  Rio Rancho, NMDecember 16, 2018
They really care about their employees. The way they rate success is fair and accessible. The people who work here are great too. Management is fun in addition to hard working.
fun workplace
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Westminster, CODecember 13, 2018
the company included everyone with holiday games company meeting excitements there was always help if needed with our calls and with our individual needs
Pros
free lunches bbq'd during summer
Cons
short lunches
horrible place to work
Customer Care Rep (Former Employee) –  Westminster, CODecember 12, 2018
it sucked working there customers was always right and they did not try and help you out like other companies did for sure I wouldn't recommend this place to nobody
Pros
pay
Cons
mangement
productive work place
Customer Care Advocate (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHDecember 11, 2018
Solving customers issues with their private label credit cards, helping with credit line increases, fraud, and new applications. I also help with goodwill adjustments with removing late fee remarks from customers credit bureau report.
Not available at this time.
Payment Solution specialist (Current Employee) –  Westerville, OHDecember 9, 2018
* Typical day *

Investigating cases where you're trying to come to a resolution with clients who are delinquent on their credit card accounts.

*What you learned*

People skills were greatly improved because everyone has a different story. The end result is to find a win/win result which the company is able to gain at the end of the call along with the client.

*Management*

Management was amazing when it came to making sure the employees were on task. Employees who were ready for the workload seen the opportunity as an challenge rather than a job in itself.

*Workplace Culture*

Alliance Data in my opinion embodies what it means to have workplace culture. They live their values everyday and had stand up meetings once a quarter to make sure everyone was on task to upholding them to the highest standard possible

* Hardest Part of the Job*

The environment is extremely competitive with the ranking system. Which I see as a challenge because I like to compete on a daily basis.

*The Most enjoyable part of the job *

Is the people. The environment alone from the three jobs I've worked at since 18 years of age is unmatched. The culture and values they have is number one to me that I'll take to any line of business and make my next stop successful.
Pros
Flexible Schedules (change up to the night before)
Cons
No cons at this time.
Supportive and Room to Grow
CUSTOMER CARE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Westminster, CODecember 4, 2018
My experience with alliance data was great, higher ups actually insist on pushing you forward and helping you grow in whatever area. A great benefit that is offered is you get about 2 hours a month just to explore a different position of your interest. If you're in customer care and are interested in collections, you just have to notify your supervisor and they'll make it happen for you. Another great thing is your supervisor meets up with you about once a week to see how you're doing and if you may require some additional training in (for example) late fee negotiations, survey reports, or hold/handle time.

They really do genuinely set you up for success. I left because i was used to an in-store customer service field where interacting with people for a long period of time and building rapport was a norm. At alliance data your responsibilities are basically to assist the customer in a timely manner. So it can get quite lonely if you do not create relationships with your peers.
Pros
long breaks, room to grow, supporting supervisors
Cons
short breaks, repetitive
Don't
Collections (Former Employee) –  Lenexa, KSDecember 4, 2018
The only thing that matters is numbers. Don't get comfortable, work from home but that's the only luxury. The culture is fake. Late stage collections have unrealistic goals.
Pros
Pay
clean productive
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Ennis, TXNovember 30, 2018
My hours were from 9am to 6pm. They were long days it was a call center so it was very fast paced. The managers were nice but it was all about business for TXU. They wanted us trained in and out on the floor taking calls.
Pros
some days they cater lunch
Cons
short breaks and everyone was uptight
Worst place i ever worked
Collector (Former Employee) –  Westerville, OHNovember 29, 2018
Micro management biggest click company I have ever worked for it's not a job it's pure harassment by management i called labor board for loss of wages on my Collitions they would allow there friends to steal accts not one good manger do they have .
Cons
Productive and fun excellent place to work fro women
Customer Care (Former Employee) –  Lenexa, KSNovember 29, 2018
It’s an excellent environment the management team is great they treat you like family.
I left Alliance because I moved to Indiana. I wish Alliance was in Indiana as well.
It's a great place to work
Customer Care Advocate (Current Employee) –  Rio Rancho, NMNovember 26, 2018
Alliance Data has a great work culture. It is fun yet productive. The job is not stressful. It is rated one of the best places to work as a fortune 100 company in the Albuquerque metro area.
I loved this job!
Credit Collector (Former Employee) –  Milford, OHNovember 24, 2018
I hate myself for leaving. It was a high paced collections job, collecting on past due credit card accounts that were newly behind. The bonuses were good. I wasn’t there a full year and got a little bit of a raise. My manager was amazing. Pto and health insurance was amazing.
Pros
Cons
Not much, stressful
Workplace culture
Senior Corporate Lease Accountant (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXNovember 19, 2018
Would love to work permanently for this company! Great culture! Awesome team! Friendly environment with the best Corporate Accounting team I have ever worked with!
Pros
free lunches
Very Rewarding
Incoming Collections (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXNovember 13, 2018
I love Alliance Data best company I’ve ever worked for hands down, the pay is competitive, and great benefits. Very great environment. You would love this company.
Fun and Supportive
Sales and Service Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Westerville, OHNovember 13, 2018
Managed a department of sales agents, which I trained and was hired in for my sales experience. Held meetings with agents to advance in higher level positions and career. Monitored compliance to ensure that company stayed out of regulatory issues. Conducted meetings to review performance and created action plans to help achieve performance goals. Participated in multiple functions in giving back to the community. Conducted presentations for training to all agents new and new to job role.
Pros
Allowed you to be creative in job
Cons
Not a competitive salary
N/a
Collections Specialist I (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXNovember 8, 2018
Alliance Data is a really good Company to work for Management is very Knowledgeable, I like that the company takes care of their employees, Alliance Data has Great Benefits.
Very Productive Environment
Collections Representative (Current Employee) –  Westminster, CO 80234November 7, 2018
The culture at Alliance Data is great. You get to meet so many people and you get close to them and you can definitely chat with others around and still remain very productive.
Great place to work at
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Reynoldsburg, OHNovember 6, 2018
Alliance Data has given me several reasons to appreciate this company. They care about their own, they hire within with hard work and work wonders for the community.
Good wages and benefits but stressful work
Customer Care Representative (Current Employee) –  Rio Rancho, NMNovember 6, 2018
Highly regulated and structured environment working with credit card clients in a call center. Fixed schedule with not too much flexibility availability.
Pros
Very competitive wages and benefits
Cons
Call center work can be somewhat abusive and repetitive.
Customer Service Advocate (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHNovember 3, 2018
Been with Alliance Date since 2015. People are great to work with. Customer care department too stressful. Alliance data makes it a fun place by doing lots of activities all over the year with holidays and special events.
Good benefits and pay.