Alliance Data Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
triage account protection (Current Employee) –  Westerville, OHApril 20, 2018
It is overall a great company with lots of benefits there is some room for advancement but you have to spot on and its very competitive. If they would've paid me more then I would've stayed but I have bachelors and the amount is just not enough especially considering that they are paying people who are bi-lingual more. Not fair
n/a
Operations Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Lenexa, KSApril 18, 2018
Great place to work, but a lot of folks in management or control freaks, and you only get respect as a supervisor if you are anything else you are a slave/flunky
Pros
n/a
Easy going and relaxed work place
CUSTOMER RETENTION ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXApril 16, 2018
A typical day at Alliance is usually a 10 hour shift at a your cubicle on the phone and computer talking to customers. While working here, I've learned how to negotiate and come to a win - win resolution with customers. The management is really fun, easy going, and helpful. The over all culture of Alliance is very inclusive and all about constantly improving. The hardest part of this job is the demanding hours with little to no flexibility.
Great environment and open for new ideas, contantly changing and fast paced.
Detection Advocate (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHApril 15, 2018
Alliance Data is a great place to work. I enjoy not only the job, but they offer wonderful benefits, competitive pay, experienced and diverse staff and it is a place I like to say I work at.
A typical day consists of a variety of tasks such as credit card applications, reviewing accounts for suspicious activity and making a decision to block them or allow credit utilization. A day could also consist of reviewing sensitive customer information and making an educated decision to approve accounts or applications using a number of tools such as a credit report and search engines like White Pages Pro and Accurint.
The management is very open and allows you to express yourself freely. They are all so knowledgeable and provide great insight.
Hardship Collector (Former Employee) –  Westerville, OHApril 15, 2018
It's a very fun atmosphere, but you're not paid based on experience. There is really no negotiations regarding salary. Also, if you transfer departments it is generally a pay cut
One step below payday lenders.
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMApril 13, 2018
roughest place ever worked. People with 2+ yrs fired for slightest reasons; credit card lender does not offer automatic payments; exorbitant interest rates; no warnings about promotional loan plan expiration dates; "Gottcha" for consumers and employees. Impossibly restrictive call handling times and call scoring. One step above payday lenders. Ruthless; over-valued stock; charge card holders $9 service charge to make a payment with CSR even when payment websites and automated phone systems are not functioning.
Pros
No smoking at outdoor lunch area
Cons
No sick days - limited time off even with PTO; mgrs focus on negative call surveys.
Sneaky
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHApril 13, 2018
The people there are not trustworthy at all. I had a great supervisor. However i would not work for this company ever again. They say one thing and do another.
Pros
pay
Cons
everything else
Great company where loved was shown daily.
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Kennesaw, GAApril 12, 2018
Top of the line company’s to have worked for. Including management was honestly your friiend No disappointments. The level of understanding about family matters was unbelievable.
Pros
A company, where you wanted to come to work daily.
Cons
Everything worked without any friction.
Review
Sr. Manager (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXApril 12, 2018
Responsible for transforming a tactical buying group into category managers charged with the development and implementation of category strategies for the Enterprise.
Great industry to get in
Sr. Project Manager (Consultant) (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 12, 2018
Lack of real leadership. Need to be more pro active.
Not how many engineers you hire.
Hire the right engineer for his/her job.
Do it right in the first place.
Pros
Great industry to get in.
Cons
Always behind the 8 ball, SVP has to be in technical support call.
This company is run so poorly
Lead Customer Satisfaction Specialist (Former Employee) –  Rio Rancho, NMApril 12, 2018
Leadership was sub-par. Some of them barely knew the employees on their immediate teams, because they never even spoke to them, or tried to help them understand what their job duties and roles as employees were. Drama ensued almost always. The rumor mill was insane. Benefits were great unless you needed something medically, and then they wouldn't accommodate you at all. They were constantly changing things in people's credit card terms without notifying them. They told us not to tell customers we were a bank, but if a customer asked, we confirmed, that we were indeed a bank. The company just feeds lies to the employees and the customers. No two supervisors ever gave the same story when asked a question.
Stressful
coustomer service rep (Former Employee) –  Rio Rancho, NMApril 11, 2018
Very busy call center. I learned a lot about credit. The hardest part of the job was not being able to do more for the costumers. Most enjoyable part of the job was my co-workers.
Fun workplace
RISK OPERATIONS RESOLUTION SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Westerville, OHApril 11, 2018
Decent career development could sometimes feel trapped in a position. Plenty of departments to try and figure out which path you would like your career to go.
Dont care for the company
COLLECTIONS SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHApril 10, 2018
Ive experienced way to many issues and problems while working for this company and ive only been there for 6 months. When i started working for this company my training had about 15 people in it and before making it to 6 months we were down to 4 people because of such a horrible experience we all went through
Review
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHApril 9, 2018
Pay at Alliance Data is Great overall as a place to work. You have to have to be able to deal with a lot. This job is very stressful. And will cause you to be diagnosed with Stress and depression.
Policies change without warning.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHApril 5, 2018
They pick who they like. Promotions are based on who you know sadly. You can work hard to show yourself approved but if there is anything, another coworker ect, that someone may have personal relationships with you will NEVER move forward. I loved working here but there were quite a bit of people who had terrible attitudes and we're unprofessional even while on the clock.
Pros
Good atmosphere
Cons
A lot of people with not the best attitude.
Quiet environment
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, NYApril 4, 2018
I didn’t mind this job I got my right lunch breaks it was quiet , people were social and nice . I had to organize the files in alphabetical order & mess around with Microsoft word
What a great company!
Customer Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Rio Rancho, NMApril 4, 2018
I've been here for 5 years, and every day is better than the last! It's legit here. People care about you. The benefits and the pay are awesome. Most importantly, they CARE about you. You are a person and part of a family. I was shocked at some of the unfavorable reviews; I think that the employees were just not doing their job or something. You re recognized, celebrated and rewarded for your work. As long as you show up to work, the possibilities are endless. The CEO comes to the site and knows people by their name! I would never leave this job, it would be hard to find any company that does as much for their employees and their communities like Alliance. They even pay for me to go to the gym and to attend all sorts of classes onsite that have nothing to to with my job. I LOVE THIS COMPANY!
Pros
pay, benefits, cafe, bonuses, promotions, community involvement, Fun
Cons
it's customer service, so you have to be willing to help people
Alliance Data is amazing
Admins4U/ Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHApril 2, 2018
I've been with the company for three years and I really couldn't work for a better company! Great benefits, work/life balance is important and the pay is fair. The only problem for me is in my position there is not many promotion opportunities. There is TONS of advancement in the company jus not in department. I want to stay with this company as long as they will have me, the only reason I would leave is lack of advancement for me.
Pros
Benefits unmatched, work/life balance
Cons
Not much room to grow in my department
Great Place to work and grow
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHMarch 30, 2018
AllianceData allowed me the chances to grow and develop my skills and be promoted to leadership. It can be challenging but anything good is not easy.