Alliance for Health Employee Reviews

Worst place to work !!!
Hha (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYApril 30, 2019
This is the worst company to work for, they are so unprofessional and unorganized it’s DISGUSTING! They repeatedly make errors when paying you and that never take responsibility for their mistakes! They promise to have hours when you finish training but they have no cases, and you will never make forty hours. Please save yourself frustration and stress, this is not the place you want to work for.
Pros
Union
Cons
Pay Hours Management Dispatchers Hostile Environment Poor Structure Unprofessional
Worst place ever
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYMarch 29, 2019
I absolutely hated working there and every day I wished I could find somewhere place else to work and get out of this disgusting place and the demons that work there
Management need change and need to give employee opinion a priority.
Senior BI Developer (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CANovember 24, 2018
Work environment need change.There should not be any monopoly by certain higher ups. Project need to be organized not just put pressure on the developer when there is no information to work properly.
Pros
Can develop the skill as work pressure is there
Cons
Projects are not organized in which each has all the requirements to do developemnent.
Challenging job
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 22, 2018
Very challenging job , consists of patient care, reports to Nurse and company concerning current medical conditions. Also very inconsistent work availability and low pay.
Pros
Satisfaction of assisting rehabilitation
Cons
Pay, Inconsistent work availability
They are ok
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYJune 8, 2018
They are ok. They can fix a few problems like the professionalism of the coordinators especially the women.. they also should fix their maternity benefits and job position saving.
A place to work
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJanuary 19, 2018
If you are planing to use the job as a steeping stone this is a great place to start. Is a Union job, so it has its benefits, but if you want hours is who you know.
Excelente para mi
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYAugust 22, 2017
Para mi es una agencia excelente. Buen trato, y ambiente de cordialidad. Me encantó trabajar para ellos .
Pros
Seguridad y protección laboral
Cons
Solo se trabajan hasta 40 horas
A very hostile environment
Human Resources Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJuly 17, 2017
My work days consisted of entering employees information into a database. It was a very tough environment for me. I didn't feel free, i felt like I was been watched constantly. Nothing was hard about the job.
Cons
Work culture
great older clients to work witth
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYMay 29, 2017
The clients became family, assisted them with everyday chores , cooking , cleaning and shopping. It was a rewarding job that I took pride in. Companionship at its finest
Pros
great clients
Cons
alot of down time
Great company to work for.
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYMay 27, 2017
Working as a home health aide has been a great experience. I have learn so much from working with the elderly, it taught me patients. i am great flu for that experience
Pros
i got to help people in need of help
Cons
cranky elderly people
Alliance for Health has a excelent people.
HOME HEALTH AIDE (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYMarch 23, 2016
Alliance for Health is a good company, I learned a lot of things about health, my experiencie as a Home Health Aide is very gratifying. This company have a good team professionals. I feel good when I can give compasion, love and help, to older people.
Pros
Personal Day, Overtime, Holidays
Okay Environment
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYMarch 19, 2016
It was okay the time period I was there
Did my 8 hour rounds from house to house but unstatisfy with the pay rate because I felt that I did more than what was asked of me to do.
productive day loving patients
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYFebruary 29, 2016
Home health aides and personal care aides are also known as superheroes to the individuals they help. Typically, home health aides and personal care aides assist disabled, chronically ill, cognitively impaired, and elderly individuals.Common duties performed by home health aides and personal care aides range from assisting clients in bathing and dressing to light housekeeping duties and meal planning and preparation. A home health aide career and a personal care aide career include scheduling appointments, social events, and exercise, as well as arranging transportation to and from events for a client. Perhaps the most important thing home health care providers and personal care aides do for their clients, however, is provide companionship.

Home health aides our duties to be a humble and respesct person and have the passion for this job
Pros
good pay
Cons
short breaks
always could be better
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYNovember 4, 2015
the same as the other HHA job no coworkers, different supervisor everyday, the hardest part of this job once again was leaving my clients
Pros
helping
Cons
leaving
A job where patience and compassion is required.
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJuly 31, 2015
On a daily basis you are required to perform light cleaning, prepare meals, perform daily hygienic duties and overall be a companion to the patient on task, all while monitoring the health of the client.
Pros
Feel satisfaction from helping others
Cons
Sometimes the work is disgusting
Home Health aide (The humanitary side)
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYJune 18, 2015
Work as Home Health Aide, was a very good experience, I meet peoples whit different necessities that I don't wise, I could supply. The hardest part of the job would be that most part of the time those person believe that they were old enough to take their own decision event if there weren't the most adequate for them, the most enjoyable part was to fell the appreciation that those patient demonstrate to you, that the moment went you fell that you are doing a good job.
Pros
The supervisor and others staff were very friendly and cooperatives
Cons
Also you know third persons who want to give you hard time
Excellent place to develop and utilize organizational skills.
Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYMarch 30, 2015
Worked closely with the R.N.'s of the company and VNSNY (Visiting Nurse Services of New York) to help provide the greatest home care services to homebound patients. Delivering on the R.N.’s derived plan of care to make the necessary impact on client development. Generating leads of contracts as well as clients for new candidates and business. Reviewed employee applications and assisted with the creating company I.D.’s for employees and maintaining a track record based on the in service needs of skill levels of the HHA’S (Home Health Aides) and PCA’s (Personal Care Assistants) in conjunction with Human Resources for compliance purposes.
Good Workplace
Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYFebruary 25, 2015
I have leraned so much about home care working at this organization. The most enjoyable part of the job is when an aide thank you for giving her the opportunity to work with the company. The administrative staff is always willing to help and listen to your concerns.
Pros
Persnonally, love the location of the Bronx office (close to home)
Cons
Not any worth mentioning
A typical work day
Home health aide (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYAugust 12, 2014
A typical work day for me consist of one on one patient interaction, making my patients feel comfortable around me. I also make sure my patients take their medications, eat healthy and accompany them to appointments if needed. I have learned the true meaning of patience, always remaining calm in any situation, having sympathy towards others. The management has been very helpful with my work schedule and understanding with certain situations in my life. Although I don't see my co-workers on a day to day basis when we do meet there are always happy and cheerful, we share common interest and hobbies. I would say the hardest part of my job is witnessing the hard and painful situations my patients have experienced or are currently going through. The most enjoyable part of my job is the personal interaction I have with my patients, when they share their stories with me. I always want my patients to feel comfortable with me and trusting that my honest intentions are to help those in need.
Pros
Easy traveling
Cons
Not enough hours
Exciting and thrilling fast paced work place
Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYMarch 31, 2014
Checking Home Health Aide and Home attendant attendance via staff monitor program. Communicate with the on call staff on any hospitalizations and new patient developments pertaining to the date of service. Filling in any empty slots for same day and next day call offs as well as Home Health Aides who scheduled vacations. Finding live in Home Health Aides for cases that require 24 hour care. If you have a pediatric case, verifying the employee sent to service the case is pediatric certified based on compliance guidelines. Zoning Home Health Aides and Home attendants based on zip codes for shift security. updating patient records with notes of communication and time stamps on all changes of service. Documenting all patient related matters with R.N.'s and Contract Administration. Attending monthly program meetings to discuss the standard of Visiting Nurse Services of New York's goals and met targets. Being graded on how well you pass the yearly mandated audits with Contract Administrations. Being On Call 7 days a week, filling cases remotely from home, as well as checking in all evening shift employees. Receiving all On Call related messages at 6am of the following business day and assigning an employee before the start of the case. Calling to verify the approval of overtime and rewriting the schedule in the clients monthly service chart. Documenting incident reports on patients falling or hazards. Meeting all client language barriers and cooking needs based on Visiting Nurse Services instruction. Making sure Home Health aides were trained for glucose monitoring if the patient  more... required assistance. Being informed on the patient whereabouts each time the patient changed location. Copying new cases as required by the agency guidelines for new cases. Faxing all patient related reports to nurses and account managers. Updating and purging the client books with clients 6 months or older with inactivity of service.  less