Alliance Funding Group

Alliance Funding Group Employee Reviews in Los Angeles, CA

Los Angeles, CA5 reviews

Self motivating

A typical day is cold calling/following up with clients. I learned a ton about the equipment world and leasing, which was my favorite part of the job. Everyday is a different experience/ problem to work through. Management was new in the office I was located at therefore there was a lot of micro- managing. THe hardest part of the job was getting through the required 100+ phone calls a day. One must stay very focused and determined to get through them day in and day out. The most enjoyable was really building the relationships with clients and vendors. That is what got me through the phone calls.

I would not recommend Alliance Funding unless your number one focus is making money.

Alliance Funding is a great company but I did not agree with the company culture. They appeared to be more concerned with short-term gains than long-term client loyalty.

Alliance Funding Group insights

What people like
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Support from manager

they reward hard work

Making 100 plus calls a day is not for everyone; its hard and the rejection on the phone can be tough but I have been fortunate enough to see the success that comes from it. I came into this industry knowing very little but willing to put in the time and to learn on the job. The managers here supported me and helped me to learn and really grow in the industry. I have seen others with similar backgrounds doubling their base and bringing in over 6 figures in GM. Its a work hard, play hard atmosphere. Not for the weak and not a short term job. The longer you are here the more successful you are.

Pros

hours are 7 to 4, off the freeway, great office atmosphere, supportive managemen

Cons

cold calling, no overtime pay

Great company near the South Bay where effort is rewarded

After 15+ years of jobs that were long hours and weekends, I finally have a career with weekends off to go along with the best quality of work/life balance while making the most money I ever have. Rewarding job experience: it's a rush to chase deals in the $300k+ range and even more of a rush to land $1M+ deals. Very good benefits and compensation: I made 6 figures in my first calendar year in the industry and qualified for the President's club trip and monthly car allowance. Healthcare and 401k available too. It takes some time to learn the business as there are unlimited details to consider on every deal. Very supportive management group that plays almost as hard as they work. The calls can be a grind but the schedule and pay more than make up for it. Lots of coaching and training on a regular basis, usually several times a week, and a fun office environment. Very convenient for me as I live in the South Bay and the office is about 10 minutes North of LAX and just off the I-405.

Pros

Huge industry, Lots of opportunity, Good compensation plan, Easy hours, Weekends off, Lots of days of for the holidays, Great company events

Cons

Lots of competition in the market place, 8+ hours a day sitting at a desk, Lots of phone calls, Tedious and lengthy sales process

Great

I transitioned from the mortgage industry to equipment leasing at the beginning of 2014. My manager taught me how to cold call, handle rebuttals, and was very proactive in helping me secure prospects. He helped me overcome any objections I might not know how to handle, oversaw my loans from submission to funding and handled any concerns or issues with the decision maker. I was told that the sales cycle is long in the leasing industry, however with my manager's help, I funded my first lease by the 3rd month. Cold calling is not easy but once I was paid on my first funding, it became motivating to find additional prospects. The Corporate office is located in Orange County, and they provided strong support and encouragement to our new division. I had a great experience with AFG and see strong potential to make money in this industry. The base is smaller than most companies, however the commission split is aggressively higher. The only drawback was the location of the office as I live in Orange County and the daily commute to LA was 3-4 hours a day. I purposely chose to work in the LA office because I knew my manager was willing to train me. But after 7 months of working at AFG, I decided to find a company closer to home.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Alliance Funding Group. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.5 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits