Alliance HealthCare Services Employee Reviews

I didnt like it
PCA Personal Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Muskegon, MIApril 23, 2019
They never called clients to let them know what was going on. When I started wotking there hours were not as flexible as they say. I didn't feel comfortable with one of my clients and they didnt care.there communication absolutely sucked
Pros
Got payed every week
Cons
No set schedule
Every supervisor I knew was someone I could trust to uphold the mission of the company. In a nutshell to provide first class care to patients.
Financial Counselor (Former Employee) –  OklahomaApril 23, 2019
Be sure to negotiate the amount of pay before hire and understand any bonus structure. This way you have nothing to complain about. Also, learn as much as you can there are so many in house opportunities.
Pros
Great benefits, cafeteria has good food, fun perks by culture team, community service
Cons
Raises for hourly staff is once a year and only about 1.5%
The people in the office are bossy and they do not support you while you are working in this feild.
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Muskegon, MIApril 23, 2019
Alliance is very unprofessional. Hardly any training and they gossip behind your back. I felt totally unprepared and just thrown into this job without training. Threw me under the bus with some of my clients a couple of times to cover their own butts.
Pros
Work on your own most of the time. Love the clients i worked with
Cons
The office people treat you badly and do not support you.
Beware of Management
Medical Insurance Authorization Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Ramon, CAApril 17, 2019
I think management at Alliance Healthcare Services, Inc.
needs to be fair with the employees, when they take a scheduled Leave of Absence, per immediate manager, with supervisor present. They should not fire them when they return, from the scheduled LOA, with ALL of the required paperwork. The paperwork was requested by Human Resources @ Alliance Healthcare Services, with whom I spoke with to reiterate what paperwork was needed.
All paperwork was obtained from the doctors and ER Department that was directly involved in my care. AND THEY STILL TERMINATED MY EMPLOYMENT.
Very professional
MRI Technologist (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAApril 4, 2019
I do enjoy working for Alliance. I have a management team that is fair . I I feel that if I need to communicate they are always there. A typical workday is pretty set unless things change which can happen anywhere. I can easily be in control. I can communicate easily most of the time. All in All I I like it here. I do , however feel that sometimes the tech pc schedule is not that fair.. Sometimes things things change and it affects my life.
Pros
nice crew
Cons
schedule changes
Very unprofessional
Healthcare provider (Former Employee) –  St. Joseph, MIMarch 23, 2019
This company is only concerned about getting paid for the clients. No training no communication very unprofessional the system that's used to log in & out is always screwed which puts you in a jam you have to drive to the office or fax your timesheets to them. It's so stressful. Not to mention it'll already be a caregiver @ your next client house once you get there a mess Indeed it is. Lots of miles being accumulated on your vehicle as well.
Pros
Cons
The clients I feel sorry for them.
good company
Patient coordinator (Former Employee) –  RIMarch 13, 2019
good company to work for, good vacation time off, good parking for employees, good holiday pay, good locations for employee and patients, good sick time
great for now
Monitor Resident Manager (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNMarch 13, 2019
I love this position now because very relax most of the time. I get to help people. It is the opening the door for advancement as long as I return to school
Pros
Easy work
Cons
no benifets as partime worker
Fun training class good experience
Phlebotomy Technician (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIFebruary 26, 2019
It’s a training course that takes 4 weeks to complete all hands on learning experience you practice on live people at clinicals you get the experience of what it’s like to work in a real lab
Pros
Leave for lunch
Cons
Short breaks
na
Area Manager PET and Nuclear Medicine (Former Employee) –  Canton, OHFebruary 20, 2019
Request letters with brief and summary if info is needed than is what is on my CV. Alliance was my favorite place to work and the company supported me 100 percent with opportunity for growth and advancement. I would have been there longer except Medicare had a moritorium on Nuclear PET reimbursements which made them put the program on hold for a year. I excelled and was one of the very few that routinely got 5 year contracts for our services. My territory kept increasing because of my accomplishments.
Pros
100 percent support and education
Cons
medicare controlled my destiny
Fun and professional atmosphere
Temporary Payroll Practitioner (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAFebruary 20, 2019
Great place to work nice employees, beautiful office with parking,
Good company to work for they really care about their employees.
Definitely room to growth,
Pros
Competitive pay
Cons
Work weekends
allaince
MHT (Current Employee) –  Meridian, MSFebruary 19, 2019
its ok place. administration is not good and they show too much favoritism. mentally exhausting always short. I wouldn't recommend this job to anyone that is young and fresh out of school. most joyable part of the job is seeing the patients get better. I have learned to be stern and grounded working t a place like this
Pros
overtime
Cons
no holiday pay no bounus no regonition
Patient Coordinator
Patient Coordinator Transporter/Tech Aid (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAFebruary 14, 2019
Worked with a great group of people. Everyone was friendly really enjoyed my experience. Only wish there were more mobile units to work on in the San Diego area. Manager was wonderful and easy going which made you want to be at your location when scheduled.
Pros
Relaxed enviroment
Get Your Experience, Then Get Out!!!
MRI Technologist (Former Employee) –  Northern CaliforniaFebruary 11, 2019
None of the management are MRI techs- most had no experience in radiology management. They didn't respect your personal life- the only thing that counted was staffing the sites. We are forced to work hours and sites that we don't want. They can make last minute changes to the schedule and if you say you can't do it, they'll write you up for insubordination saying you refused the shift. Management does not support you- you're the decision-maker at your site. It's so bad that nobody wants to stay on board. There's not enough staff to keep the sites open, so the supervisors (manager support) is forced to man the sites- they are on salary, so after they're done with their site shift, they still have their management work to get done. Your job security is good, because they cannot afford to fire anybody, so you're stuck working with coworkers that perform poorly. There's such a lack of MRI tech applicants that they have lowered their standards for hiring, just to fill the sites with warm bodies. If you're new to MRI, they will give you a job, because they will low-ball your pay. After you get your experience, go work for a REAL hospital/clinic. Everybody has to start somewhere. That's probably the same motto the managers have- the good supervisors got worked to death, then left for greener pastures.
Pros
Some coworkers were cool
Cons
Unorganized management, treat you like you're just a resource
worst managed place I have ever worked
Radiologic Technologist (Former Employee) –  AlaskaFebruary 4, 2019
the Manager of Operations new nothing about radiology, and would blame the Techs for not meeting his production goals it was our fault when a patient would show up for their appointment or if the schedule wasn't full, and even complained during a staff meeting that he missed out on compensation because the staff didn't meet the patient satisfaction goal, funny especially since he never saw a patient. the equipment is old and out of date and they want us to treat the patients as cattle, because it's all about the money
Pros
Cons
low pay, abusive Manager
Official response from Alliance HealthCare Services
February 11, 2019

We are so sorry to hear that you had such a negative experience working here at Alliance! Like any organization, we too have areas where we can improve. This is not the norm for Alliance, and we greatly appreciate the feedback so that we can look into it and seek ways to improve our team member’s experience.

Great Company
MRI Technologist (Current Employee) –  Owosso, MIJanuary 29, 2019
Great company they try to work with you. Lots of opportunity to learn new systems and work at all different kinds of sites like Ortho, Inpatient setting and such.
Pros
Great People
Cons
Can lose you job very easily when they lose sites
Productive and fun loving workplace
Visiting Nurse (Current Employee) –  Columbus, GAJanuary 22, 2019
I love working with the elderly it is my passion helping others who is not able to do for themselves I am a hard worker and I learn fast My mom and aunt is in the same profession I'm trying to follow in there footsteps If they can do it anyone can
Pros
love everything about the job
Cons
nothing
Productive and Fun place to work at
Talent Acquisition Intern (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAJanuary 22, 2019
Great company to work for and upper management really takes care of you. The Human Resources and Talent Acquisition department work really hard for all of the employees! You can really tell that the company cares so much for each employee no matter where they are across the US.
Pros
management team, pay, benefits, team work, co workers
A great place to work
Certified Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GAJanuary 21, 2019
Go to make money not friends. If you dont love what you do then dont do it. It has to be a passion. The patients make you look forward to the next da
Years ago great Company now terrible
MRI Technologist (Former Employee) –  Reedsport, OR Bandon OregonJanuary 19, 2019
Old equipment. Terrible management. No support for you as technologist at all.. 20 plus years of MRI experience and I have never worked for a worse company. They don't care about their employees at all. They give you almost no training no protocols and no help. They only complain. Do not work for this company. They lied to me multiple times. Changed my days and hours during hiring process. Added accounts after the fact then had audacity to tell me I was not flexible. Junky equipment that is worn out.
Pros
Cons
Terrible leadership old equip. and you get zero help from your supervisors

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Alliance HealthCare Services. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.9InHerSight Score

3.5Personal Development

4.3Career Opportunities

4.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight