Alliance Healthcare Employee Reviews

Typical Day
Respite Provider (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNMay 30, 2018
This job was about me taking care of my aunt who has special needs. I did the job more because I love her more then worrying about how much I was getting paid
This company went out of business.
Call Center Manager (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 9, 2018
The CEO retired from this Discount Healthcare Providers business that catered to people with pre-existing conditions who didn't qualify for Health Insurance.
don't do it
nursing department (Former Employee) –  Eagan, MNApril 29, 2018
Family run. Dysfunctional work atmosphere. If you are not part of the family you are treated poorly. Health insurance that you can't possibly afford on the wages they pay. Always trying to save a buck and pass it on to the employee while the family members take big vacations and drive expensive cars.
Good first job, but not much else
Dietary Aide (Current Employee) –  DeLand, FLApril 24, 2018
This job is good for teenagers just looking for a small amount of money. But for someone who's looking for anything more its not the right fit. Management is not the best. They don't allow you to be expressive the way other jobs will.
way to get some compensation for caring for my mother
In Home Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Eagan, MN 55122April 9, 2018
It was a way for me to get paid something for taking care of my mother with alzheimers. I couldn't get a real job because she could not be left alone for any kind of a significant period of time. they would only pay me 10 hours a week even though taking care of her was 24 hours a day 7 days a week 365 days a year.
Pros
my mother was looked after
Cons
lack of pay for hours worked.
Very Professional
ACCOUNTS PAYABLE CLERK (Former Employee) –  Newport Beach, CAFebruary 27, 2018
It was a very professional environment. I enjoyed the corporate structure, and the overall organization of the company. I needed more opportunities, so I left.
Good learning experience for mental health.
ARMHS Mental Health Practitioner (Former Employee) –  Eagan, MNFebruary 6, 2018
ARMHS is a difficult job, and the team was really helpful in finding new resources. Very exclusive work environment and requires a lot of supervision.
Pros
Very flexible schedule.
Cons
Stressful job and a lot of driving.
Run
Patient Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Eastern OhioJanuary 21, 2018
Training was promised but never happened.
Culture of gossip and vulgarity, Constant infighting.
Shifts could be anywhere between 2 hours to 12 hours with no breaks.
Management totally unaware of what was really going on in those mobile units.
Poor patient care,
Tech in remote areas, working alone, no access to emergency facility.
Worked for Alliance for two years. Saw good people leave due to poor working conditions and lack of training. Huge turnover.
Pros
Cons
No set schedules, poor management, long hours with no breaks, short hours with long commutes )dive three hours t work two.
DO NOT apply here
Accounts Receivable Manager (Former Employee) –  South Jordan, UTJanuary 19, 2018
Alliance Health is now Upwell and they just laid me and a few other off last week, Jan 12th. Super unstable at this point but they are trying to do the right thing overall. Give it a year to see if they pull through or not.
Independent work environment
MRI Technologist (Current Employee) –  Boise, IDJanuary 18, 2018
Mobile MRI is an independent work environment with unique challenges. The ever changing work environment can be stressful. Learned a lot about myself and what I need to be successful.
Competitive Call Center
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Provo, UTJanuary 17, 2018
The thing that drives most people away from this after time is just burnout, the work is tedious and soul-sucking, and it makes you look forward to going home each day.
Pros
Good people, competitive pay
Cons
Horrible work
Short hours but tedious work
Salesman (Former Employee) –  Sandy, UTJanuary 17, 2018
I worked at this job at 2 different times. It is very nice to have short work days but it is outbound calls that last on average about 5 minutes each. The day seemed to go on forever and the company doesn't offer much besides a paycheck.
Great environment and fun place to work
OFFICE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  San Juan, PRJanuary 15, 2018
I never had any issues with anyone in the company. We worked as a team. Great! and positive environment I will go back to work with them tomorrow if I could.
Pros
Fun place to work Monday to Friday
Fun place to work
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Orem, UTJanuary 4, 2018
It's a great way to learn and work hard. typical 6 hour shift on phone with patients with chronic conditions. Learned to type under pressure while on a phone, communicate clearly and concisely to customers. Management was great. always pushed you without going down your throat. The culture is college student. hardest part is waiting for calls. The best part was the pay.
Pros
Free cereal
Productive and fast paced
RN (Former Employee) –  Ponca City, OKDecember 19, 2017
It was a contract job with 3 12 hour shifts per week, good work environment and co workers. Job ended due to illness and subsequent death of my spouse.
Pros
good patient =nurse ratio
Cons
contract staff were a little resented.
Nice Facility
RN (Current Employee) –  DeLand, FLDecember 17, 2017
I work Fulltime 11-7a at Alliance as a RN. It’s a quiet relaxed and stress free environment. I would recommend it especially to new Nurses starting out. I wish they would pay based on previous experience but they do not unless it’s in the same role. Nonetheless I can’t complain. Compared to other LTC facilities I worked at, Alliance is a “piece of cake”.
Pros
Stress Free, minimum work load
Patients were not given clear instructions.
Home Health Care Aide (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCDecember 7, 2017
If clients had been given better instructions on what the healthcare aide was responsible for there would have been less complaints about what was not done.
Pros
Being able to recruit potential clients.
Cons
Not enough work hours.
Its great at first
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Draper, UTNovember 29, 2017
started really early at 6 am ended at 2pm. busiest shift. complained about people coming in half an hour late but management didnt care. managers are never there. blocked all social media and streaming sites from wifi but only for customer service not for any other department
Pros
good pay
Cons
poor management
Horrible environment
Schedule Clinic Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Andover, MANovember 20, 2017
Horrendous management. Treating employees as numbers only. Verbally degraded and written up for unscrupulous reasons. Very stressful environment, full of back stabbers. Training is a joke.
Great job
Glyndon - Caregiver/Provider (Current Employee) –  Glyndon, MNNovember 6, 2017
I love this job always will very flexible, great client, and the family is amazing. Hardest part of working here is watching my client get sick. My manager is very easy going and works with me when I have an issue. Overall amazing!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Alliance Healthcare. Our community is ready to answer.